Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville @ Letcher Central 9/3/21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Pike Central cancelled with LCC. 

Pikeville was open after moving the Paintsville game to Week 1. 

Panthers will hit the road for the first time in 2021. 

Pikeville is coming off a cancellation week where they could not find a replacement at 1-0; Letcher Central is coming in at 2-0 & a win over David Crockett, TN.

Thoughts & Predictions.
Great news! LCC is better than people think and they will present a challenge on their home field.

Pikeville 39
LCC 19
LCC 38 - 24 Pikeville

LCC builds off last weeks comeback and puts together a full game.
Just glad they got a game GO PANTHERS!!!
Letcher Central has improved the last couple of years and off to a good start. I just do not see them matching athletes with Pikeville. J. Little for LC is good athlete but they will need much more than him to keep up with Pikeville. I see Pikeville playing with chip on their shoulder after last week and making a statement. Panthers by at least 3 TD’s
Bulletin board locker room material, and I respect calpreps...

CALPREPS.COM
Your source for high school football scores, standings & rankings

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2021] Letcher County Central (Whitesburg, KY) 28, [2021] Pikeville (KY) 22
Pikeville is athletic as always.

LCC, I heard have some good talent, always physical

After the disappointment pikeville had over the PCB them boys will be Hungry..

Pikeville by 3 TDS

(08-29-2021, 10:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Bulletin board locker room material, and I respect calpreps...

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

I don't know about that one... neutral field? where are they playing?
(08-29-2021, 10:56 PM)BobcatAlumi_14 Wrote: [ -> ]Pikeville is athletic as always.

LCC, I heard have some good talent, always physical 

After the disappointment pikeville had over the PCB them boys will be Hungry..

Pikeville by 3 TDS

(08-29-2021, 10:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Bulletin board locker room material, and I respect calpreps...

CALPREPS.COM

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

I don't know about that one... neutral field? where are they playing?
At LCC...but calpreps does all theoretical matchups as played on neutral field.
Letcher is tough place to play especially if it’s a close game!!
LCC is a good football team. Be a great game for Pikeville to go on the road and play a good fundamentally sound team early in the year.
(08-29-2021, 10:21 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: [ -> ]Pike Central cancelled with LCC. 

Pikeville is coming off a cancellation week where they could not find a replacement at 1-0; Letcher Central is coming in at 2-0 & a win over David Crockett, TN.

Thoughts & Predictions.
Was this a school cancellation or has Pike county stopped sports for the week?
(08-29-2021, 11:20 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2021, 10:21 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: [ -> ]Pike Central cancelled with LCC. 

Thoughts & Predictions.

As far as I know it’s up to each school. Because Betsy Layne plays East ridge Friday night and nothing has been said about a cancellation coming from the board meeting help today.
This will be a competitive game throughout.

Pikeville wins, 26-20.
Great matchup. I was hoping for this game since last year. Letcher is way better than most think and will get the W.
Letcher 35
Pikeville 21
Pikeville-35
Letcher County central-15
Pikeville 28
LCC 21
Pikeville runs away with it late.

40-14
Glad my Panthers got them a game with a solid opponent. Bring home the W Pikeville !
Panthers 38
Cougers 14
Since covid teams have started a really bad habit of canceling games they don’t think they can win. While I would much rather see LCC vs Pikeville it still doesn’t change the fact that Pike central canceled the game.They played Saturday night so I don’t think it has anything to do with covid on the team. After I watched Pike central and Valley Saturday I told my wife I bet they cancel on Letcher and sure enough it happened. Thank goodness that we got a game this week. I can’t understand these teams not wanting to play games.
^ Lazy coaches I think more than anything. Don’t wanna fool with it cause they know they are gonna get beat. For the most part anyway. Just my opinion.
(08-30-2021, 12:29 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Since covid teams have started a really bad habit of canceling games they don’t think they can win. While I would much rather see LCC vs Pikeville it still doesn’t change the fact that Pike central canceled the game.They played Saturday night so I don’t think it has anything to do with covid on the team. After I watched Pike central and Valley Saturday I told my wife I bet they cancel on Letcher and sure enough it happened. Thank goodness that we got a game this week. I can’t understand these teams not wanting to play games.
Running wild 14 do they sell tickets at the gate or is all done threw the internet?
(08-30-2021, 12:29 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]Since covid teams have started a really bad habit of canceling games they don’t think they can win. While I would much rather see LCC vs Pikeville it still doesn’t change the fact that Pike central canceled the game.They played Saturday night so I don’t think it has anything to do with covid on the team. After I watched Pike central and Valley Saturday I told my wife I bet they cancel on Letcher and sure enough it happened. Thank goodness that we got a game this week. I can’t understand these teams not wanting to play games.
Pike Central canceled because the administration required all practices and games to be canceled due to school being called off for the week. It has nothing to do with being scared of losing or lazy coaches.

(08-30-2021, 02:50 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: [ -> ]^ Lazy coaches I think more than anything. Don’t wanna fool with it cause they know they are gonna get beat. For the most part anyway.  Just my opinion.
Pike Central canceled because the administration required all practices and games to be canceled due to school being called off for the week. It has nothing to do with being scared of losing or lazy coaches.

Thoughts & Predictions.
It was a school cancellation due to school being called off for the week.
(08-30-2021, 04:08 PM)JC_Alum Wrote: [ -> ]

(08-30-2021, 02:50 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: [ -> ]^ Lazy coaches I think more than anything. Don’t wanna fool with it cause they know they are gonna get beat. For the most part anyway.  Just my opinion.

Thoughts & Predictions.
Just curious why Pike Central is the only school in Pike county that cancelled sports activities? Looks like BOE would make all or none go by same rules
I don’t know how one team in Pike county has to cancel games yet your big brother in Pikeville stepped up to accept the challenge makes no sense to me so I’m not buying that as the reason there has to be more to it

I am probably going to get this one wrong as I know Pikeville is always talented and well coached, fundamentally sound and doesn’t make many mistakes etc but just something about this LCC team over the last two years have made a believer out of me and I think after this game they open some eyes looking for them to play lights out as it will probably take a game like that for them to win but calling upset here.

LCC 28
Pikeville 26
(08-30-2021, 05:06 PM)Truewords Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 04:08 PM)JC_Alum Wrote: [ -> ]

Thoughts & Predictions.
Just curious why Pike Central is the only school in Pike county that cancelled sports activities? Looks like BOE would make all or none go by same rules
The BOE gave the schools the discretion to make the decisions on sports and other extra curricular activities.
Is there a side bet on this game actually being played? I mean I hope they get to play but you never know till the day of the game
I’ll say this if LCC beats Pikeville especially by a couple tds as some of you are predicting, then they may actually give Johnson some competition for the first time in district play. Won’t be the first time I’ve eat crow recently but I’m gonna say 28-7 Pikeville, nothing against LCC just gonna have to prove some people wrong.
(08-30-2021, 07:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll say this if LCC beats Pikeville especially by a couple tds as some of you are predicting, then they may actually give Johnson some competition for the first time in district play.  Won’t be the first time I’ve eat crow recently but I’m gonna say 28-7 Pikeville, nothing against LCC just gonna have to prove some people wrong.
Pikeville is really good and might very well win this game but I will be shocked if they win by 3 TDS or more. Most forget a less talented LCC team beat the 1A state champions Paintsville last year by 2 TDS. LCC team is way better this year so it should be a good game. LCC team beat a top 10 5A team from Tennessee last week with more speed than we will see the rest of the year.
(08-31-2021, 01:23 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2021, 07:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]I’ll say this if LCC beats Pikeville especially by a couple tds as some of you are predicting, then they may actually give Johnson some competition for the first time in district play.  Won’t be the first time I’ve eat crow recently but I’m gonna say 28-7 Pikeville, nothing against LCC just gonna have to prove some people wrong.
Pikeville is really good and might very well win this game but I will be shocked if they win by 3 TDS or more. Most forget a less talented LCC team beat the 1A state champions Paintsville last year by 2 TDS. LCC team is way better this year so it should be a good game. LCC team beat a top 10 5A team from Tennessee last week with more speed than we will see the rest of the year.
Pikeville this year is a completely different animal. Much more like Johnson Central than the depleted Paintsville team you saw last year. And you will see I am right early in the 1st quarter...
(08-31-2021, 01:23 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote: [ -> ]
Lol no...
Pages: 1 2 3 4