Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville Panthers
73.53%
Letcher Central Cougars
26.47%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Letcher Central 9/3/21
This definitely looks to be a great game. No secret that LCC has steadily improved over the past couple of years. Not being a homer, but this Pikeville team this season is the complete package. Plenty of depth at all positions, talent, speed, quickness, size, very well coached and disciplined. They will be hungry come Friday evening. Hoping for a safe and injury free game.

Pikeville- 42
Letcher- 28
Letcher Central has definitely improved over the last couple years. Their off to a fantastic start this year and have a solid football team. Problem is, Pikeville has a pretty decent team themselves...

Pikeville 35
Letcher 21
Pikeville 35-17
I keep checking this thread to make sure the Boys in Pikeville are still playing this Friday. I hope they get to play .
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Patriot1
Letcher Central pulls the upset by 6
(08-31-2021, 01:23 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 07:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’ll say this if LCC beats Pikeville especially by a couple tds as some of you are predicting, then they may actually give Johnson some competition for the first time in district play.  Won’t be the first time I’ve eat crow recently but I’m gonna say 28-7 Pikeville, nothing against LCC just gonna have to prove some people wrong.
Pikeville is really good and might very well win this game but I will be shocked if they win by 3 TDS or more. Most forget a less talented LCC team beat the 1A state champions Paintsville last year by 2 TDS. LCC team is way better this year so it should be a good game. LCC team beat a top 10 5A team from Tennessee last week with more speed than we will see the rest of the year.

Nothing against Paintsville they had a very talented squad but imo Pikeville being beaten out was a very big upset last year, it happens.  I’m not sure if Pikeville had beaten Hazard last year instead of being upset that Paintsville would have won the State Championship in 1A. Like I said LCC may be able to win this game but they’re gonna have to prove it
(08-29-2021, 11:16 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Letcher is tough place to play especially if it’s a close game!!
Come on bac2369 make a pick but it’s going to be a challenge for this Pikeville team but if they don’t give up any big plays I see Pikeville winning this one

(08-31-2021, 10:10 AM)If that don’t playRAMDAD50 Wrote: I keep checking this thread to make sure the Boys in Pikeville are still playing this Friday. I hope they get to play .
If Pikeville does play letcher central they are high jacking Rowan county bus and playing your rams which I would love to see just kidding but GO PANTHERS!!!
Speed kills
Pikeville-44
LCC-14
[-] The following 1 user Likes Playboy5's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-31-2021, 01:01 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 11:16 PM)bac2369 Wrote: Letcher is tough place to play especially if it’s a close game!!
Come on bac2369 make a pick but it’s going to be a challenge for this Pikeville team but if they don’t give up any big plays I see Pikeville winning this one

(08-31-2021, 10:10 AM)If that don’t playRAMDAD50 Wrote: I keep checking this thread to make sure the Boys in Pikeville are still playing this Friday. I hope they get to play .
If Pikeville does play letcher central they are high jacking Rowan county bus and playing your rams which I would love to see just kidding but GO PANTHERS!!!
I hope we get to play at some point this year. If it’s later in the year that means we both went deep in the playoffs. I do hope Pikeville gets to play. If they have to sit out another week Jett will lose his mind haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Patriot1
Pikeville running clock...
(08-31-2021, 02:04 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 07:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: I’ll say this if LCC beats Pikeville especially by a couple tds as some of you are predicting, then they may actually give Johnson some competition for the first time in district play.  Won’t be the first time I’ve eat crow recently but I’m gonna say 28-7 Pikeville, nothing against LCC just gonna have to prove some people wrong.
Pikeville is really good and might very well win this game but I will be shocked if they win by 3 TDS or more. Most forget a less talented LCC team beat the 1A state champions Paintsville last year by 2 TDS. LCC team is way better this year so it should be a good game. LCC team beat a top 10 5A team from Tennessee last week with more speed than we will see the rest of the year.
Pikeville this year is a completely different animal. Much more like Johnson Central than the depleted Paintsville team you saw last year. And you will see I am right early in the 1st quarter...
I don’t doubt that Pikeville is great and they and they absolutely could win this game going away but comparing them to the teams Johnson central has had the last couple years is a little bit of a stretch. Haven’t seen JC this year but I watched the Pikeville Vs Paintsville game a couple weeks ago and there is no way that team could stay within 4 TDS of that team JC had last year. Pikeville looked really good against Paintsville but Paintsville isn’t nowhere near the team they have been the last few seasons.
I think if you had seen the Pikeville/JC scrimmage, you would understand what jp's illustration may be about here. You got a big 4-A football team going against a small 1-A school. The 1-A school gave JC all they wanted. Pikeville held up to all JC could throw at them. To your point in watching Pikeville play a couple weeks ago and nowhere near what JC was last season. Actually, that's comparing a 1-A team, first game of the season to a 4-A team in what, the middle of the season, or during playoff? No team is where they will be during mid season or post season. This Pikeville team you saw two weeks ago won't look like the same team in late Nov. that you saw play it's first game.
(08-31-2021, 09:19 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 02:04 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
Pikeville this year is a completely different animal. Much more like Johnson Central than the depleted Paintsville team you saw last year. And you will see I am right early in the 1st quarter...
I don’t doubt that Pikeville is great and they and they absolutely could win this game going away but comparing them to the teams Johnson central has had the last couple years is a little bit of a stretch. Haven’t seen JC this year but I watched the Pikeville Vs Paintsville game a couple weeks ago and there is no way that team could stay within 4 TDS of that team JC had last year. Pikeville looked really good against Paintsville but Paintsville isn’t nowhere near the team they have been the last few seasons.
Here are the calpreps final rankings for 2019. JC #4 in all classes, Pikeville #7. Pikeville didn't get the job done last year for whatever reason but they are absolutely loaded again. I didn't say Pikeville would beat JC although pretty sure Pikeville Jr High or JV beat JC last year, just saying Pikeville is more like JC than that Paintsville team last year. Of course we are speculating on here but IMO you are going to see a Pikeville team that COULD turn out to be something special.

http://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm
(08-31-2021, 05:08 PM)Playboy5 Wrote: Speed kills 
Pikeville-44
LCC-14
OMG this post made my BGR year! Not because of the prediction but to see Playboy5 on here. One of the all-time best guys in BGR history! Hope everything is great with you PB5! Are you going to the game and some Pikeville fans are wondering if tickets will be sold at the gate. Great to see you on here buddy, it's like the good ol' days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Panther Thunder
I’m not drinking the letcher County kool-aid. 1A strong here!!

Pikeville 42
Letcher County 13
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-31-2021, 09:51 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: I think if you had seen the Pikeville/JC scrimmage, you would understand what jp's illustration may be about here. You got a big 4-A football team going against a small 1-A school. The 1-A school gave JC all they wanted. Pikeville held up to all JC could throw at them. To your point in watching Pikeville play a couple weeks ago and nowhere near what JC was last season. Actually, that's comparing a 1-A team, first game of the season to a 4-A team in what, the middle of the season, or during playoff? No team is where they will be during mid season or post season. This Pikeville team you saw two weeks ago won't look like the same team in late Nov. that you saw play it's first game.
Didn’t Hazard beat you all in November last year?Couldn’t imagine JC ever losing that game. Scrimmages are usually overblown.totally different when playing for real. I don’t know why Pikeville don’t start scheduling JC ever year if they really think they can beat them. That 1A vs 4A is totally  overblown in most cases. Letcher is 4A but you all dress 25 more players than they do.6A teams like trinity and a few others are exceptions. If you guys are anywhere near JC this game with Letcher will be a running clock by halftime.
Like I said Pikeville didn't get it done last year. My point is when Pikeville is great they steamroll LCC and they might be great this year. Pikeville also beat Hazard by 40 last year just not when it counted. We will see which Pikeville shows up at LCC but I think the Panthers will be hungry.
(08-31-2021, 10:49 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 09:51 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: I think if you had seen the Pikeville/JC scrimmage, you would understand what jp's illustration may be about here. You got a big 4-A football team going against a small 1-A school. The 1-A school gave JC all they wanted. Pikeville held up to all JC could throw at them. To your point in watching Pikeville play a couple weeks ago and nowhere near what JC was last season. Actually, that's comparing a 1-A team, first game of the season to a 4-A team in what, the middle of the season, or during playoff? No team is where they will be during mid season or post season. This Pikeville team you saw two weeks ago won't look like the same team in late Nov. that you saw play it's first game.
Didn’t Hazard beat you all in November last year?Couldn’t imagine JC ever losing that game. Scrimmages are usually overblown.totally different when playing for real. I don’t know why Pikeville don’t start scheduling JC ever year if they really think they can beat them. That 1A vs 4A is totally  overblown in most cases. Letcher is 4A but you all dress 25 more players than they do.6A teams like trinity and a few others are exceptions. If you guys are anywhere near JC this game with Letcher will be a running clock by halftime.
BTW R14 do you know if tickets will be sold at the gate Friday?
Pikeville 35-20
Yep they did beat us in Nov last season, and at our place too. Shit happens sometimes. We all know that a scrimmage doesn't mean squat, but it does allow your players to push, hit, and shove on something other than themselves. Gives the coaches an idea what to work on. Panthers could have let 4-A JC beat the hell out of them. But they didn't. They gave it right back to them. Personally, I'd like to see the two teams schedule each year. Panthers may get beat, but coach Mac has never shyed away from any team. He knows it makes his team better.
[-] The following 2 users Like PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot
(08-30-2021, 05:06 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 04:08 PM)JC_Alum Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 12:29 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Since covid teams have started a really bad habit of canceling games they don’t think they can win. While I would much rather see LCC vs Pikeville it still doesn’t change the fact that Pike central canceled the game.They played Saturday night so I don’t think it has anything to do with covid on the team. After I watched Pike central and Valley Saturday I told my wife I bet they cancel on Letcher and sure enough it happened. Thank goodness that we got a game this week. I can’t understand these teams not wanting to play games.
Pike Central canceled because the administration required all practices and games to be canceled due to school being called off for the week. It has nothing to do with being scared of losing or lazy coaches.

(08-30-2021, 02:50 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: ^ Lazy coaches I think more than anything. Don’t wanna fool with it cause they know they are gonna get beat. For the most part anyway.  Just my opinion.
Pike Central canceled because the administration required all practices and games to be canceled due to school being called off for the week. It has nothing to do with being scared of losing or lazy coaches.

(08-29-2021, 11:20 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 10:21 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote: Pike Central cancelled with LCC. 

Pikeville was open after moving the Paintsville game to Week 1. 

Panthers will hit the road for the first time in 2021. 

Pikeville is coming off a cancellation week where they could not find a replacement at 1-0; Letcher Central is coming in at 2-0 & a win over David Crockett, TN.

Thoughts & Predictions.
Was this a school cancellation or has Pike county stopped sports for the week?
It was a school cancellation due to school being called off for the week.
Just curious why Pike Central is the only school in Pike county that cancelled sports activities? Looks like BOE would make all or none go by same rules

A conservative here and a liberal over there? lol
Pikeville is gonna smoke some cougar hind end if the refs will let them. The worst cheating I've ever seen in a high school football was at Whitesburg.
[-] The following 3 users Like pjdoug's post:
  • Gus McCrae, jetpilot, TD Hounds
(09-01-2021, 01:05 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Pikeville is gonna smoke some cougar hind end if the refs will let them. The worst cheating  I've ever seen in a high school football  was at Whitesburg.
Lol ! I like the sound of it dougie. Cougar on a skewer ! Like
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gus McCrae's post:
  • pjdoug
Lcc 30 pikeville 21 you can take this sxore to the bank in the Hilliard Howard bowl!
(08-31-2021, 11:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Yes tickets will be sold at the gate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Running wild 14's post:
  • Patriot1
(09-01-2021, 08:49 AM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(08-31-2021, 11:04 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
Yes tickets will be sold at the gate.
Thanks for the info!
(09-01-2021, 01:05 AM)pjdoug Wrote: Pikeville is gonna smoke some cougar hind end if the refs will let them. The worst cheating  I've ever seen in a high school football  was at Whitesburg.

Big Grin
If this is a competitive game I think Pikeville should look to have LC on the schedule every year
 if that team is a top 10 5A in Tenn then Tenn football is in trouble.
Pikeville I guess gets no calls at home.lol.