Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Paintsville Tigers
11.76%
Pikeville Panthers
88.24%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville @ Pikeville 8/20/21
Paintsville and pikeville are like louisville vs kentucky. It’s a VERY big game. People are saying paintsville will loose. I’ll be honest pikeville is really really good,but why are they saying all these things are they scared? Pikeville should know paintsville has a new coach and all these new plays and an awesome quarterback that has a smart brain and knows how to work it. all these things you pikeville fans are saying about these paintsville players i hope they smack pikeville in the jaw.
Estimated Score 
Pikeville-14
Paintsville-27
(08-17-2021, 09:47 AM)kentucky_sports22 Wrote: Paintsville and pikeville are like louisville vs kentucky. It’s a VERY big game. People are saying paintsville will loose. I’ll be honest pikeville is really really good,but why are they saying all these things are they scared? Pikeville should know paintsville has a new coach and all these new plays and an awesome quarterback that has a smart brain and knows how to work it. all these things you pikeville fans are saying about these paintsville players i hope they smack pikeville in the jaw.
Estimated Score 
Pikeville-14
Paintsville-27
Show me a post that says anything about a Paintsville player? Pikeville fans think the will win but I don’t see one post saying anything about a player or coaches plus if you read my post it said Pikeville will have no idea what Paintsville offense or defense will look like because of the new coaching staff. For your first post it wasn’t very good.
(08-17-2021, 09:47 AM)kentucky_sports22 Wrote: Paintsville and pikeville are like louisville vs kentucky. It’s a VERY big game. People are saying paintsville will loose. I’ll be honest pikeville is really really good,but why are they saying all these things are they scared? Pikeville should know paintsville has a new coach and all these new plays and an awesome quarterback that has a smart brain and knows how to work it. all these things you pikeville fans are saying about these paintsville players i hope they smack pikeville in the jaw.
Estimated Score 
Pikeville-14
Paintsville-27
Man, come Friday evening around 11:p.m., your not only going to be the laughing stock of this site, but all up and down the river cities. Not one poster said anything about any Paintsville player or fan. Tell it to the rain.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHS DYNASTY's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(08-16-2021, 07:09 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 01:31 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: Go ahead and Give Pikeville the trophy just like last year! Oh wait........... ? We didn't even get to see the Panthers last year!
Lol ! Your little kitties will more than see the Panthers this year bluebirdie. At least Pikeville didn't chicken out and run from anyone last year.
Nope! They just got embarrassed by Hazard! 

A school the size of Pikeville does give them the luxury of being deep at many positions. That certainly gives the Panthers an edge against most 1A programs however, Paintsville typically seems to be able to hold their own. New season, New HC, New style of play and guys having to step up and fill key positions. Curious to see how it shakes out. From the way Pikeville fans have been talking, anything less than a Blowout would be a disappointment. When it comes to this matchup, I couldn’t think of a better way to start the season though! GO TIGERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blue_Bird96's post:
  • MountainMamba
WE’RE BACK BABY! JetPilot, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ve missed you buddy! I think this game is going to be a lot closer than people think. I could see Pikeville playing right into Paintsville’s strengths. Coach Dad is gonna come out and have QB1 slinging the ball all over the field. Paintsville has the most experience back in the defensive secondary. If you stop the Lockhart kid you have about a 35% higher chance of winning this game. Paintsville matches up pretty fairly with Pikeville on the skill position side of things. On the other hand, in the trenches is where I think Pikeville can do some damage. I’m excited for this game after not seeing the Panthers last year due to Covid and their early playoff exit. Best of luck to both teams! Praying for a injury free and sportsmanship displayed between players, coaches, and fans!
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
[-] The following 1 user Likes MountainMamba's post:
  • Gus McCrae
(08-17-2021, 07:42 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: WE’RE BACK BABY! JetPilot, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ve missed you buddy! I think this game is going to be a lot closer than people think. I could see Pikeville playing right into Paintsville’s strengths. Coach Dad is gonna come out and have QB1 slinging the ball all over the field. Paintsville has the most experience back in the defensive secondary. If you stop the Lockhart kid you have about a 35% higher chance of winning this game. Paintsville matches up pretty fairly with Pikeville on the skill position side of things. On the other hand, in the trenches is where I think Pikeville can do some damage. I’m excited for this game after not seeing the Panthers last year due to Covid and their early playoff exit. Best of luck to both teams! Praying for a injury free and sportsmanship displayed between players, coaches, and fans!
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
I seriously don't know, so what is Paintsville's strengths this season? Tigers are always good competition year in and year out. Just curious of the strengths that are there this season.
(08-18-2021, 12:02 PM)Gus McCrae Wrote:
(08-17-2021, 07:42 PM)MountainMamba Wrote: WE’RE BACK BABY! JetPilot, I can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ve missed you buddy! I think this game is going to be a lot closer than people think. I could see Pikeville playing right into Paintsville’s strengths. Coach Dad is gonna come out and have QB1 slinging the ball all over the field. Paintsville has the most experience back in the defensive secondary. If you stop the Lockhart kid you have about a 35% higher chance of winning this game. Paintsville matches up pretty fairly with Pikeville on the skill position side of things. On the other hand, in the trenches is where I think Pikeville can do some damage. I’m excited for this game after not seeing the Panthers last year due to Covid and their early playoff exit. Best of luck to both teams! Praying for a injury free and sportsmanship displayed between players, coaches, and fans!
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
I seriously don't know, so what is Paintsville's strengths this season? Tigers are always good competition year in and year out. Just curious of the strengths that are there this season.
More balanced on offense now that we aren’t having to use an emergency QB due to starter and backup being injured. Secondary is solid with a lot of upperclassman that have played in the big games before. 
And we have a Phelps at RB.
[-] The following 2 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, MountainMamba
(08-18-2021, 12:09 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
More balanced on offense now that we aren’t having to use an emergency QB due to starter and backup being injured. Secondary is solid with a lot of upperclassman that have played in the big games before. 
The Phelps kid can make a big difference in this game. Hopefully the offensive line stays healthy because he could have another monster year. With his elusiveness he just needs someone to get in the way of a defender. I promise you this, he will make the first defender miss every time.
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
Missed you too MM haha...I think the Pikeville team is going to surprise some Paintsville fans!!! I expect them to be much more like 2019 than 2020!!!
(08-18-2021, 12:46 PM)MountainMamba Wrote:
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
The Phelps kid can make a big difference in this game. Hopefully the offensive line stays healthy because he could have another monster year. With his elusiveness he just needs someone to get in the way of a defender. I promise you this, he will make the first defender miss every time.
You mean first KCD defender. But seriously, I am looking forward to seeing him on the field for the first time Friday.
(08-18-2021, 12:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
Missed you too MM haha...I think the Pikeville team is going to surprise some Paintsville fans!!! I expect them to be much more like 2019 than 2020!!!
Hope to see you there JP. I’m glad we could get this game worked out on such short notice. If this game doesn’t get you excited for some Mountain football then I really don’t know what would!!! Expecting a full house!
[-] The following 2 users Like MountainMamba's post:
  • jetpilot, Patriot1
(08-18-2021, 01:03 PM)MountainMamba Wrote:
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
Hope to see you there JP. I’m glad we could get this game worked out on such short notice. If this game doesn’t get you excited for some Mountain football then I really don’t know what would!!! Expecting a full house!
Definitely MM. This was a smart move by both schools, gives them 2 chances to get a 10th game. And no better opening game anywhere than this opener!
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Josiewales, MountainMamba, Patriot1
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
With Phelps and all of the returners on the offensive line the Tigers will be tough for anyone to stop. Pikeville probably has more returners than any team in the state.  The pieces are there but what changes should we expect from Pikeville after underperforming last year?
[-] The following 1 user Likes BBN2021's post:
  • MountainMamba
(08-16-2021, 08:46 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 08:56 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(08-15-2021, 08:35 PM)Running wild 14 Wrote: Why did evangel Christian cancel on Pikeville?

They will not be fielding a team this year.
Well crap. That means that Letcher central will be a game short too.
 Williamsburg is also short because of Evangel Christian.  They're both free on 9/17, so maybe that one can take place.  I know the Burg tries to always do the Alumni Bowl on 9/10, but I'd imagine finding any decent 10th game would be the number priority.
(08-18-2021, 01:45 PM)BBN2021 Wrote:
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
With Phelps and all of the returners on the offensive line the Tigers will be tough for anyone to stop. Pikeville probably has more returners than any team in the state.  The pieces are there but what changes should we expect from  Pikeville after underperforming last year?

Blackburn #76 didn’t graduate last year for Paintsville?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^^^Blackburn, H Ousley, Hopson gone...as well as most leading tacklers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Gus McCrae
^^^ You are correct. Replacing several holes in the offense and defense.
(08-18-2021, 05:50 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Blackburn, H Ousley, Hopson gone...as well as most leading tacklers.
You’re right... just like every other team that have successful kids that stay all 4 years and buy into the system. Somebody else will step up. Losing Hyden and Lovely to graduation obviously hurt, but like I said we’ll be just fine!
[-] The following 2 users Like MountainMamba's post:
  • Blue_Bird96, Josiewales
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
I will only be surprised if they lay a complete egg. Too much talent and experience for them to not preform well against a Paintsville team that is replacing a lot of players in the front 7 on defense. Paintsville will be fine and has the talent to beat anyone but we will need some game reps to get the game to slow down for us.
I never said Paintsville wouln't be fine. But if Pikeville is like 2019 then...well never mind. Looking forward to tomorrow to find out where everyone is at. Doesn't guarantee anything in December but we will find out if Pikeville is a huge favorite in Class A, a slight favorite or not the favorite at all. I am expecting a statement game from Pikeville.
  • Gus McCrae
*wouldn't
Estimated Score 
Pikeville-14
Paintsville-27
Pikeville is gonna smoke some tiger hind end.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Patriot1
(08-19-2021, 12:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Estimated Score 
Pikeville-14
Paintsville-27
There is only one person on Rivals that can stir up more than JetPilot and here he is PJDoug. Glad to see you back hope that everything is alright with you and Go Whitley County
[-] The following 2 users Like Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot, pjdoug
If it’s like 2019, this game will be 9-7 ?

I know. I know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
To much being placed on this game. Other than being a rivalry it does not mean much at this point. Pikeville is good and will get better and be the team to beat in 1A, however, Paintsville must use this game to learn and start implementing new systems and see who can do what on both sides of the ball. Paintsville's sole focus should be improvement with eye toward beating Raceland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kai's post:
  • Patriot1
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
You better hope they’re more like the 2019 team because the 2020 team wouldn’t want
this smoke! ?
(08-19-2021, 01:06 PM)kai Wrote: To much being placed on this game.  Other than being a rivalry it does not mean much at this point.  Pikeville is good and will get better and be the team to beat in 1A, however, Paintsville must use this game to learn and start implementing new systems and see who can do what on both sides of the ball.  Paintsville's sole focus should be improvement with eye toward beating Raceland.
True statement that to much emphasis on this game but it does have some importance. 1 it gives that team a slight advantage in the RPI system we play in and I know that is in accordance to how the rest of the season goes for both teams. It is a rivalry game for both. Like you said this is the first game and hopefully both teams get better each game barring no injuries. Between these two there has been a few times who won the first didn’t win the second. Just hope there is no injuries to either team but this game don’t make a season. Well for the first time this season GO PANTHERS!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Patriot1's post:
  • jetpilot
(08-19-2021, 01:14 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
GO TIGERS!
Paintsville - 35
Pikeville - 28
You better hope they’re more like the 2019 team because the 2020 team wouldn’t want
this smoke! ?
2020 Pikeville could beat anyone in Class A by 3 TDs on any given night. Their problem was they could also lose on any given night. Hope they are hungry and that won't be a problem this year.
(08-19-2021, 12:57 PM)Patriot1 Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 12:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
Estimated Score 
Pikeville-14
Paintsville-27
There is only one person on Rivals that can stir up more than JetPilot and here he is PJDoug. Glad to see you back hope that everything is alright with you and Go Whitley County
You are right haha. I need to go to a few top-level trash talking seminars to get close to Dougie's level. Great he is back on here!
  • Patriot1
(08-17-2021, 05:44 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 07:09 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(08-16-2021, 01:31 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: Go ahead and Give Pikeville the trophy just like last year! Oh wait........... ? We didn't even get to see the Panthers last year!
Lol ! Your little kitties will more than see the Panthers this year bluebirdie. At least Pikeville didn't chicken out and run from anyone last year.
Nope! They just got embarrassed by Hazard! 

A school the size of Pikeville does give them the luxury of being deep at many positions. That certainly gives the Panthers an edge against most 1A programs however, Paintsville typically seems to be able to hold their own. New season, New HC, New style of play and guys having to step up and fill key positions. Curious to see how it shakes out. From the way Pikeville fans have been talking, anything less than a Blowout would be a disappointment. When it comes to this matchup, I couldn’t think of a better way to start the season though! GO TIGERS!!!
I think the Panther offense is going surprise some folks this year.  Though stopping Lockhart definitely will give you a better shot at a W, its gonna be much harder to do this year.  Panthers were a little one dimensional in their passing game last year due to not being able to have 7 on 7 and taking longer to develop WR's. I think you are gonna hear a lot of different names catching the ball this year, there are a lot of mismatches out there. Also the panthers are DEEP. I have never seen a Panther squad as deep as this years. Defensively they can rotate D lineman and LB's .After watching the Middlesboro scrimmage Paintsville seems to struggle against larger stronger opponents and they will have their hands full on Friday.  Panthers by 28