Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
GOP demoting Liz Cheney
(05-05-2021, 11:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 11:01 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 10:46 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 10:38 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(05-05-2021, 10:30 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Maybe getting a job would help you reconnect with reality, Twin Ticks. You are a sick man, woman, or whatever.
Fighting the good fight is one of my jobs: The more you’re worrying about my post the less time you’re on those Q boards, Hooter.  

You can thank me later Big Grin
Ah, yes, Twin Ticks - Q-Anon, another obsession of yours. I have never made the first post on that topic. You, OTOH, frequently post about the subject. What do you find so fascinating about Q-Anon, Twin Ticks?

Hooter, you’re thinking of @vector#1.  It’s cute you think we’re the same person. 

I’ve only mentioned it a few times and primarily when we are referring to the January 6th traitors. 

I do find it hard to believe you’re not hot and heavy with Q.  
Woah
Twin Ticks, I make no distinction between your accounts because you express exactly the same opinions and follow roughly the same schedule. I refer to your accounts in the collective so that I don't need to duplicate my responses.
You had me worried, Hooter.  All those conspiracy theories about me having multiple accounts made me think:  maybe I am vector.   But then I went to sleep and when I awoke this morning low and behold he had posted.  
So either I’m damn good and can post in my sleep, or it’s not me. 
Blush

no disrespect V-man. Hooter had me thinking I had two personalities. 

Hooter, any chance we can talk about the  thread  topic some more or have you said about all you’re going to say about that?
Her ouster reeks of sexism in addition to Trumpism. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

A potential ouster of Cheney has sparked cries of a double standard for women in the Republican Party and in Congress.

"The women don't get the same slack that the men get," former Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.), a Cheney ally, told The Hill this week. "And I think a lot of the men are attacking her because they resent that she's got guts and they don't."
(05-06-2021, 03:06 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Her ouster reeks of sexism in addition to Trumpism. 

A potential ouster of Cheney has sparked cries of a double standard for women in the Republican Party and in Congress.

"The women don't get the same slack that the men get," former Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.), a Cheney ally, told The Hill this week. "And I think a lot of the men are attacking her because they resent that she's got guts and they don't."
No, Cheney's ouster does not reek of sexism. If Romney held a leadership position in the U.S. Senate, then he would be ousted as well and rightfully so.
(05-06-2021, 05:17 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 03:06 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Her ouster reeks of sexism in addition to Trumpism. 

No, Cheney's ouster does not reek of sexism. If Romney held a leadership position in the U.S. Senate, then he would be ousted as well and rightfully so.

Romney would not have been ousted.  He has a penis.  No way Romney would have been treated the same as Cheney.
(05-06-2021, 05:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Romney would not have been ousted.  He has a penis.  No way Romney would have been treated the same as Cheney.
I am sorry but you do not qualify as an authority on Republican politics. Romney is hated within the Republican Party and he recently narrowly dodged censure by the Utah GOP for his impeachment vote (798 voting against to 711 for). Cheney would not have landed a leadership position in the party without her father's considerable influence. She blew the opportunity with her poor performance.

So why is Mitch still in charge?
(05-06-2021, 09:17 PM)The Outsider Wrote:

I am not a fan of McConnell and wish that he would retire but he has always put together Republican leadership teams that were loyal to him and effective fund raisers as a team. Cheney's reaction to criticism by Republicans was to run to the media and double down on her attacks on fellow Republicans. Media whores have never made good party leaders.
(05-06-2021, 09:30 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I am not a fan of McConnell and wish that he would retire but he has always put together Republican leadership teams that were loyal to him and effective fund raisers as a team. Cheney's reaction to criticism by Republicans was to run to the media and double down on her attacks on fellow Republicans. Media whores have never made good party leaders.

Wow, sure sounds like you're doubling down on the sexism...
(05-06-2021, 10:19 PM)The Outsider Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 09:30 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Wow, sure sounds like you're doubling down on the sexism...
Then there is something wrong with your hearing. Cheney is a lousy teammate and will be replaced by another woman who others on the Republican leadership team believe will be more effective and in tune with the party's agenda. It is really not that complicated. Cheney's problem is not sexism, it is poor judgment and arrogance.
What happens if Cheney wins? She won by 145 votes on a secret ballot in February. What has changed? The vote is still secret. She said Election fraud was a lie then and Trump was at fault for the treason riot,

What happens when McCarthy cannot whip the votes to get Cheney out of leadership?
(05-10-2021, 12:00 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: What happens if Cheney wins?  She won by 145 votes on a secret ballot in February.  What has changed?  The vote is still secret.  She said Election fraud was a lie then and Trump was at fault for the treason riot,

What happens when McCarthy cannot whip the votes to get Cheney out of leadership?
What has changed is that Cheney has continued to run her mouth in defiance of the party leadership. If she wins the vote, then she will remain in her current position. That seems unlikely since she, the #3 person on the GOP leadership team, has lost the support of the #1 and #2 people on the team. When you join a team, your own goals have to be mostly aligned with the team's goals and if they are not, then you can expect to be waived or traded for somebody who is a better fit for the team.
(05-10-2021, 12:15 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 12:00 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: What happens if Cheney wins?  She won by 145 votes on a secret ballot in February.  What has changed?  The vote is still secret.  She said Election fraud was a lie then and Trump was at fault for the treason riot,

What has changed is that Cheney has continued to run her mouth in defiance of the party leadership. If she wins the vote, then she will remain in her current position. That seems unlikely since she, the #3 person on the GOP leadership team, has lost the support of the #1 and #2 people on the team. When you join a team, your own goals have to be mostly aligned with the team's goals and if they are not, then you can expect to be waived or traded for somebody who is a better fit for the team.
“The notion that the election had been stolen or that the election was rigged was a lie, and people need to understand that,” Ms. Cheney said on “Fox News Sunday.” “We need to make sure that we as Republicans are the party of truth, and that we are being honest about what really did happen in 2020 so we actually have a chance to win in 2022 and win the White House back in 2024.”

She added that Mr. Trump “does not have a role as a leader of our party going forward.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/us/po...trump.html

I was curious what she had been saying so I searched and I found this.  Is this the defiance you're talking about?  

I can see the problem now.   GOP is not a party of truth.  Honesty is not in the Elephant lexicon, and how can party with its lips sewn to Trump's fanny not move forward with him. 

Yeah she needs to go.  Big Grin

If she wins the elected officials in the party is split split split.
(05-10-2021, 01:09 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

“The notion that the election had been stolen or that the election was rigged was a lie, and people need to understand that,” Ms. Cheney said on “Fox News Sunday.” “We need to make sure that we as Republicans are the party of truth, and that we are being honest about what really did happen in 2020 so we actually have a chance to win in 2022 and win the White House back in 2024.”

She added that Mr. Trump “does not have a role as a leader of our party going forward.”

I was curious what she had been saying so I searched and I found this.  Is this the defiance you're talking about?  

I can see the problem now.   GOP is not a party of truth.  Honesty is not in the Elephant lexicon, and how can party with its lips sewn to Trump's fanny not move forward with him. 

Liar. Cheney should resign her position because she is certain to lose the vote.

Anyone who posts a link to the New York times is either a liar, propagandist or idiot or some combination of the 3. They have zero credibility to anyone who isn't brainwashed and actually has even an ounce of critical thinking skills.
(05-10-2021, 01:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Anyone who posts a link to the New York times is either a liar, propagandist or idiot or some combination of the 3. They have zero credibility to anyone who isn't brainwashed and actually has even an ounce of critical thinking skills.
Those are quotes from Liz Cheney on Fox News Sunday.  
Not really any lies, propaganda, or idiocy unless you're calling the quoted an idiot. 

Are you saying Liz Cheney didn't say this and the NYT faked the quotes?  
Are you saying Liz is being mistreated by the media and her team in Congress?
Liz Cheney is a society fly mutant RINO who worries much more about political correctness than she does factual correctness or historical correctness as they may bear on how we got so far up the creek.

I'm sure she is as sincere as they come, but she's just another indoctrinated RINO. In fact, the entire Republican Party looks much more like a bunch of Classical Liberals than they do conservatives. The situation is due to compromise. Over the years the right has acquiesced until today, the leadership and the rank and file are either flaming libs or like in the case of Ted Cruz, live under 24/7 attack.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • jetpilot
NYT had to admit they injected their (far-left) "opinions" into their "news articles." Which people with good sense already knew but even the dim-witted should now know not to read any of the garbage they spew every single day.

And yes Cheney is an idiot. That's why she is losing her leadership role in the GOP and will get demolished if she is stupid enough to run for another term in Congress.
(05-10-2021, 02:11 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Liz Cheney is a society fly mutant RINO who worries much more about political correctness than she does factual correctness or historical correctness as they may bear on how we got so far up the creek.
Well said, that's exactly what she is. Plus she hates Trump for exposing establishment GOP and their incompetence and bringing about change that stripped most of their power from them.
The list of Democrats singing the virtues of Liz Cheney just keeps getting longer. Every socialist who posts in this forum, Nancy Pelosi and the House Democrat leadership team, and now Orenthal James Simpson has been moved to stand with the beleaguered Wyoming Republican.

Quote:“Liz Cheney stands up for the truth,” Simpson said. “That’s gotten her a lot of heat. She may lose her position in the party. She may even lose her career as a politician. But that is something to be admired. Standing up for the truth. That’s something her father wouldn’t have done.” - O. J. Simpson
She has one virtue.

She recognized treason. Past that she’s just as elitist and anti American as the rest of the Grand Ole Putins.

I find it comical weak sauce Kevin McCarthy might get smacked down with this vote and by proxy Trumpety Dumpety will be shown how insignificant his future is. Big Grin
(05-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: She has one virtue.

She recognized treason. Past that she’s just as elitist and anti American as the rest of the Grand Ole Putins. 

I find it comical weak sauce Kevin McCarthy might get smacked down with this vote and by proxy Trumpety Dumpety will be shown how insignificant his future is. Big Grin
You are delusional if you actually think that there is any chance that Liz Cheney will win the vote.
(05-10-2021, 08:25 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: She has one virtue.

You are delusional if you actually think that there is any chance that Liz Cheney will win the vote.
What are you, TRT, and JP saying?  

my money is on the other way !!
Some members of the GOP are finally staring to show some backbone.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/10/politics/...index.html

"She is being run out for one thing: her consistency. She said the exact same thing that (House Minority Leader) Kevin McCarthy said on January 6, which is Donald Trump is responsible" for the riot, Kinzinger said at a virtual event hosted by the National Press Club.

"You cannot unite with lies, if somebody is going to use lies to gain power and say, 'let's have unity,' you can't do it," the Illinois Republican added. "'We need to remove Liz Cheney because she makes me have to answer questions that I know are false.' That's what they're saying."

"That was a lie that led to violence," he said. "We've had leaders in our party -- Donald Trump, members of Congress -- that have convinced their base because it's easier to do that and to tell them the truth, which is that 74 million people were not disenfranchised. They were outnumbered."
(05-10-2021, 08:50 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Some members of the GOP are finally staring to show some backbone.

"She is being run out for one thing: her consistency. She said the exact same thing that (House Minority Leader) Kevin McCarthy said on January 6, which is Donald Trump is responsible" for the riot, Kinzinger said at a virtual event hosted by the National Press Club.

"You cannot unite with lies, if somebody is going to use lies to gain power and say, 'let's have unity,' you can't do it," the Illinois Republican added. "'We need to remove Liz Cheney because she makes me have to answer questions that I know are false.' That's what they're saying."

"That was a lie that led to violence," he said. "We've had leaders in our party -- Donald Trump, members of Congress -- that have convinced their base because it's easier to do that and to tell them the truth, which is that 74 million people were not disenfranchised. They were outnumbered."
Kinzinger has been a long time Trump critic and he voted for impeachment. Did you expect Kinzinger to vote to oust a fellow Trump hater? This is a poor example of "finally starting to show some backbone."
(05-10-2021, 09:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 08:50 PM)The Outsider Wrote: Some members of the GOP are finally staring to show some backbone.

Kinzinger has been a long time Trump critic and he voted for impeachment. Did you expect Kinzinger to vote to oust a fellow Trump hater? This is a poor example of "finally starting to show some backbone."
Commrade Quooter you still on your lunch break ?
Joni Ernst spoke out against the demoting of Liz today. Oh boy...this is going to be fun.
(05-11-2021, 11:29 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Joni Ernst spoke out against the demoting of Liz today.  Oh boy...this is going to be fun.
She will be left out in the cold now The Brown Nose Party will be mad at her for going against the Dear Leader
It's a CULT NOW there's NO DOUBT
Have we ever had a more spineless party than the Brown Nose Party
(05-11-2021, 11:29 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Joni Ernst spoke out against the demoting of Liz today.  Oh boy...this is going to be fun.

Big fun. Secret ballot vote to remove Cheney. Joni Ernst will not be voting to retain Cheney and you can take that to the bank. You really are clueless about how things work in DC. McCarthy says Cheney must go, so it is a forgone conclusion.
(05-11-2021, 12:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Big fun. Secret ballot vote to remove Cheney. Joni Ernst will not be voting to retain Cheney and you can take that to the bank. You really are clueless about how things work in DC. McCarthy says Cheney must go, so it is a forgone conclusion.

You hope.  

That secret ballot can bite you in the tail.  

It's win-win as far as I'm concerned.
(05-11-2021, 12:36 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

The crap that the GOP is pulling now will benefit the Democratic Party in the long run.  Most of the politicians don't really care about the future past their next election though.  Why they cannot see that Trump is nothing more than a divider and cares not one iota about the republican party is beyond comprehension though.  Trump would run as a democrat in 2024 if he thought he had a better chance of winning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1