Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2021 football schedule
Let’s work a deal out Williamsburg vs Knott County Central ( good deal for Williamsburg )and Corbin vs Oneida, Tenn …..Just a thought
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!, Grumpy57
(07-24-2021, 12:09 AM)64SUR Wrote: Let’s work a deal out Williamsburg vs Knott County Central ( good deal for Williamsburg )and Corbin vs Oneida, Tenn …..Just a thought

64 I really enjoy you on here especially your sense of humor but you’ve got to be kidding me. We’d be better off just playing Williamsburg and letting the other 2 stay home. I keep hearing North Laurel is gonna be good this year, any chance they’d come play? It would draw a large crowd could possibly split the gate…

Never mind I keep forgetting most of the time the schedule is pretty well set months even years in advance. Will be a challenge to find an opponent this late in the game especially a quality program. I’d love to see another Corbin / Belfry matchup but it’s been years since I’ve heard it even mentioned.
(07-24-2021, 12:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 12:09 AM)64SUR Wrote: Let’s work a deal out Williamsburg vs Knott County Central ( good deal for Williamsburg )and Corbin vs Oneida, Tenn …..Just a thought

64 I really enjoy you on here especially your sense of humor but you’ve got to be kidding me.  We’d be better off just playing Williamsburg and letting the other 2 stay home.  I keep hearing North Laurel is gonna be good this year, any chance they’d come play?  It would draw a large crowd could possibly split the gate…

Never mind I keep forgetting most of the time the schedule is pretty well set months even years in advance.  Will be a challenge to find an opponent this late in the game especially a quality program.  I’d love to see another Corbin / Belfry matchup but it’s been years since I’ve heard it even mentioned.

I agree. I think North Laurel is playing at Paintsville that weekend.
(07-24-2021, 05:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 12:19 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

64 I really enjoy you on here especially your sense of humor but you’ve got to be kidding me.  We’d be better off just playing Williamsburg and letting the other 2 stay home.  I keep hearing North Laurel is gonna be good this year, any chance they’d come play?  It would draw a large crowd could possibly split the gate…

Never mind I keep forgetting most of the time the schedule is pretty well set months even years in advance.  Will be a challenge to find an opponent this late in the game especially a quality program.  I’d love to see another Corbin / Belfry matchup but it’s been years since I’ve heard it even mentioned.

I agree. I think North Laurel is playing at Paintsville that weekend.

I was sent a private message after I posted that we stood a better chance of winning the lottery than NL ever agreeing to play us. I guess consistently playing sub .500 teams gives you a lot to crow about.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Honestly, Corbin has tried to schedule every local team and they just wont play. The ones that will are on the schedule.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TD Hounds
(07-24-2021, 06:50 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Honestly, Corbin has tried to schedule every local team and they just wont play. The ones that will are on the schedule.
Got to give Whitley County credit. They step up and play Corbin every year. Corbin vs Whitley is always a HUGE gate. Maybe with Irwin now at South Laurel, we'll see a Corbin-South game in the near future.
[-] The following 3 users Like jamesdeane's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, TD Hounds
No offense to South Laurel but that game never has had appeal to me. They had a very nice run going at one time in the early 2000’s but I’d rather play someone like a Pikeville, Belfry, or Add Mayfield back opposed to South. More often than not, it’s a guaranteed win but to me, even though wins are nice, playoff prep against a killer non district slate is more important for schools like Corbin who generally are always one of if not the favorite in their respective class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • TD Hounds
Give Knox some credit also, even though it’s a district game now they always played before. Really would like to see a Pikeville, Belfry, Mayfield etc game, Irwin maybe able to build South into something respectable over time but it’s going to be a few years imo if ever. Add Beechwood, Cov Cath, or Highlands for that matter, gonna miss the Beechwood game they’re always solid.
Thought Corbin had some good talent yesterday at the EKU 7v7. They should make a push.
[-] The following 4 users Like Real Badman's post:
  • 64SUR, Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, TD Hounds
Is there any update on replacing Rhea County?
If CHS doesn't find a replacement game where will the 'Burg vs. Oneida game be played? That should be a pretty good one. Shame that Rhea County pulled their stunt by pulling out late and ruining what would've been a good Kentucky vs. Tennessee border war doubleheader.
Looks like Rhea is pretty stoked about their schedule change. They are opening up with two state champions on the road. Will be interesting to see how they fare. 

Mark Pemberton

@RcEagles1
[url=https://twitter.com/RcEagles1][/url]

Schedule change for Rhea Co. football. Week 1 game will be vs Alcoa away Aug. 20th. We start the season vs two defending state champions, week 1 Alcoa (3A) and Week 2 Elizabethton (4A). Both away games. Exciting times for Rhea Co. football.
(07-28-2021, 01:58 AM)I’m Old School Hound Wrote: Looks like Rhea is pretty stoked about their schedule change. They are opening up with two state champions on the road. Will be interesting to see how they fare. 

Mark Pemberton

@RcEagles1

Schedule change for Rhea Co. football. Week 1 game will be vs Alcoa away Aug. 20th. We start the season vs two defending state champions, week 1 Alcoa (3A) and Week 2 Elizabethton (4A). Both away games. Exciting times for Rhea Co. football.
I was told Alcoa payed the $10,000 fee for Rhea Co getting out of the game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes footballfever's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-28-2021, 03:09 PM)footballfever Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:58 AM)I’m Old School Hound Wrote: Looks like Rhea is pretty stoked about their schedule change. They are opening up with two state champions on the road. Will be interesting to see how they fare. 

Mark Pemberton

@RcEagles1

I heard the same thing plus a little more about Alcoa’s sales pitch too.
(07-28-2021, 03:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 01:58 AM)I’m Old School Hound Wrote: Looks like Rhea is pretty stoked about their schedule change. They are opening up with two state champions on the road. Will be interesting to see how they fare. 

Mark Pemberton

@RcEagles1

Just curious , what was Alcoa's "sales pitch" --- You're gonna get jobbed  by the home cooking at Campbell Field like we did in 2017?
(07-28-2021, 03:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(07-28-2021, 03:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Mark Pemberton

@RcEagles1

Just curious , what was Alcoa's "sales pitch" --- You're gonna get jobbed  by the home cooking at Campbell Field like we did in 2017?

That’s exactly right! I couldn’t said it any better.
  • Grumpy57
(07-28-2021, 01:58 AM)I’m Old School Hound Wrote: Looks like Rhea is pretty stoked about their schedule change. They are opening up with two state champions on the road. Will be interesting to see how they fare. 

Mark Pemberton

@RcEagles1

• Bull got out!
Any news on a replacement game on 21st or will Corbin spilt team up an scrimmage each other.
(08-03-2021, 05:42 PM)64SUR Wrote: Any news on a replacement game on 21st or will Corbin spilt team up an scrimmage each other.

Coach Greer said last night at the team parents meeting that they would get a game. I don’t know if he is just being optimistic or actually has a team lined up but isn’t releasing any details yet. So as of now still waiting on the announcement. The Williamsburg and TN opponent was still on to be played as scheduled.
  • 64SUR
(08-03-2021, 07:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 05:42 PM)64SUR Wrote: Any news on a replacement game on 21st or will Corbin spilt team up an scrimmage each other.

Coach Greer said last night at the team parents meeting that they would get a game. I don’t know if he is just being optimistic or actually has a team lined up but isn’t releasing any details yet. So as of now still waiting on the announcement. The Williamsburg and TN opponent was still on to be played as scheduled.
21st? Is this year's Pigskin being played on a Saturday?
(08-03-2021, 11:29 PM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(08-03-2021, 07:00 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

21st? Is this year's Pigskin being played on a Saturday?
Khsaa has the first game listed for the 21st at 6:00. If someone knows different they might post it.
I heard the Knott County Central Patriots may be coming to town!!
  • Bull got out!
At this point, a game is better than no game.
  • 64SUR
Someone told me Bell County was now looking for a game on 08/20/21/21
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-04-2021, 01:16 PM)footballfever Wrote: I heard the Knott County Central Patriots may be coming to town!!

That'll be about as exciting as the NIBROC!!!
(08-05-2021, 07:57 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-04-2021, 01:16 PM)footballfever Wrote: I heard the Knott County Central Patriots may be coming to town!!

That'll be about as exciting as the NIBROC!!!

And cost as much too…$$$

(08-05-2021, 06:06 PM)64SUR Wrote: Someone told me Bell County was now looking for a game on 08/20/21/21

There’s a better chance of you voting Republican than Dudley playing Corbin right now, from everything I’ve heard they’re gonna be perpetually bad for the foreseeable future.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • 606CATS
(07-24-2021, 11:29 PM)Corbin Wrote: No offense to South Laurel but that game never has had appeal to me. They had a very nice run going at one time in the early 2000’s but I’d rather play someone like a Pikeville, Belfry, or Add Mayfield back opposed to South. More often than not, it’s a guaranteed win but to me, even though wins are nice, playoff prep against a killer non district slate is more important for schools like Corbin who generally are always one of if not the favorite in their respective class.

I guess you forgot about losing to Irwin.
(08-07-2021, 11:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 11:29 PM)Corbin Wrote: No offense to South Laurel but that game never has had appeal to me. They had a very nice run going at one time in the early 2000’s but I’d rather play someone like a Pikeville, Belfry, or Add Mayfield back opposed to South. More often than not, it’s a guaranteed win but to me, even though wins are nice, playoff prep against a killer non district slate is more important for schools like Corbin who generally are always one of if not the favorite in their respective class.

I know what your trying to do but in all seriousness this isn’t 2005-06, Ricky Bowling isn’t walking through that door. If they had the talent they had back then I’d be all for that game but they don’t so it’s a moot point. I’m split on whether Irwin can turn things around or not, there’s no denying he’s a very good coach, just not sure whether that program isn’t to far gone for anyone to salvage it, and basketball is King in that school system along with a bunch of goobers in the administration.
(08-07-2021, 11:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

Clearly I didn't see as I mentioned their run.
Maybe Corbin could bring in a good Ohio program to play them.