Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2021 football schedule
(07-12-2021, 10:51 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: The Huff kid who played at Knox last season is definitely at Corbin.
Woah Woah Woah Loaded is an understatement if this is true.
[-] The following 3 users Like Corbin's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, New2Town
Someone had said a boy broke the clean record. The bench record was broken earlier this year also, they have talent and strength apparently.
[-] The following 1 user Likes New2Town's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Do you know if the clean record was broken by the same player that broke the bench record? I see him in the local gym quite often very hard worker and a fine young man, should have a big year he’s put in a lot of work.

(06-29-2021, 11:35 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 11:11 AM)Corbin Wrote: The Huff kid transfer to Corbin from KC? Who's the one from Bell?

I think huff went somewhere up north . The Bell kid is the stud running back they had that got hurt last year.

(07-13-2021, 12:08 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(07-12-2021, 10:51 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: The Huff kid who played at Knox last season is definitely at Corbin.
:woah: :woah: :woah: Loaded is an understatement if this is true.

Great news but it’s also even more imperative now that this group plays for each other and leave egos in the locker room.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!
(07-13-2021, 08:30 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Do you know if the clean record was broken by the same player that broke the bench record?  I see him in the local gym quite often very hard worker and a fine young man, should have a big year he’s put in a lot of work.

(06-29-2021, 11:35 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(06-29-2021, 11:11 AM)Corbin Wrote: The Huff kid transfer to Corbin from KC? Who's the one from Bell?

I think huff went somewhere up north . The Bell kid is the stud running back they had that got hurt last year.

(07-13-2021, 12:08 PM)Corbin Wrote:
Woah Woah Woah Loaded is an understatement if this is true.

Great news but it’s also even more imperative now that this group plays for each other and leave egos in the locker room.

Yes, it was the same player. He is a beast! I too am looking for a big year out of this one. He is explosive and strong. One of my favorites! 330 is the new bar.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, TD Hounds
Any 7 on 7 updates
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR
(07-13-2021, 09:51 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Any  7 on 7 updates

Ended in a tie.
(07-13-2021, 10:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Ended in a tie.

Are you a sideline reporter, I can’t make calls or texts and find out things faster than you can post them on here lmao…
(07-13-2021, 10:53 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 10:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Ended in a tie.

Are you a sideline reporter, I can’t make calls or texts and find out things faster than you can post them on here lmao…
No, but I can save you 10% on your car insurance lol. I had just asked the same thing when he just so happen posted that. We talk football 24/7 at our house and its just getting so close, were all pumped up around here. Ready to hear some 1st Down Redhounds and a big Cannon firing!
(07-14-2021, 09:20 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 10:53 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-13-2021, 10:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Ended in a tie.

No, but I can save you 10% on your car insurance lol. I had just asked the same thing when he just so happen posted that. We talk football 24/7 at our house and its just getting so close, were all pumped up around here. Ready to hear some 1st Down Redhounds and a big Cannon firing!

? I’m ready for me some Redhound football myself, praying for a special year for our young men, they deserve it heard they been working hard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Sounds like the transfer portal has been good for Corbin, should be the team to beat in 4A now.
(07-16-2021, 08:47 AM)Oldtiger Wrote: Sounds like the transfer portal has been good for Corbin, should be the team to beat in 4A now.
The Portal and Covid year waiver has indeed been very good to the Hounds, particularly on the line and in the backfield. 

In all seriousness, does the NIL thing play a factor in high school sports now? There doesn't seem to be any specification and I've heard on Sports Talk radio shows that it could affect high school sports. I know Eastern KY high school ball is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things but a program like Corbin (where it's the town's shining light so to speak), it could probably benefit a little from that.
Not sure on NIL (Name Image Likeness) at the high school level. I absolutely agree with you, in a community like Corbin where athletes are royalty a kid could rack up on endorsements, everything from shirts to camps.

It'll definitely push the haves and have nots further apart. If this is a allowed and it starts happening I Wonder how this will make team members feel about one another, when the lineman see the QBs and Backs with the extra $$$. Just food for conversation, I'm 100% behind collegiate kids profiting, but may be trouble for the high school kids.
Imo if I were a prospective athlete for a college program especially a high level recruit I’d wait for things to draw out longer. The NCAA hasn’t seemed to have put out much guidance so far, which to me is yet another example of the poor institution they’ve been for an eternity. I could see them coming back later and trying to penalize these kids for something as frivolous as shirts, camps, or even being a social media influence. It’s just what I’ve came to expect of them.
15-0 #15games
(06-27-2021, 11:11 PM)WhomTheBellTolls Wrote: is this a win state or bust year for the hounds .. don’t know if there’s any teams in the state with as many kids with d 1 offers than them .. not being a smart ass but you have to assume they are the favorite
You’d think with the “talent” they got they’d win it all…
Talent, while it plays a large role, is only one piece of the puzzle. Kids have to buy in and play together, key players have to stay healthy throughout the year and playoffs. Then the teams you draw and the route you have to take is as important as anything. Some teams may not be nearly as talented but pose matchup problems scheme wise that ends up bringing the season to an end. Boyle Co., Johnson Central, Louisville Central, and Franklin Co. will all be immensely talented as well and there’s always that one team that exceeds expectations that no one seen coming. I’m ready though I’m bout to football all over myself.
Is this now confirmed? I failed to get some updates from a few weeks back. But I definitely hope that this is true. If so, then that will be amazing.
I went and watched Corbin first practice last Monday and today practice Qb, Rb,Wr TE they are 3 maybe 4 deep in all positions ( Most talent I have ever seen on a Corbin football team ) but I have only been following them for 6 years, going on 7 counting this year Lol Kroger Field Bound. Corbin the eye test is real.

Corbin vs Boyle County in the state Championship. Right now toss up on my prediction.
Oh by the way I went last Wednesday and watched Boyle County 7v7 against Bardstown & Somerset, man they look good in the scrimmage Boyle County was without two starting receivers in the scrimmage. Boyle is deep folks in all positions.
(07-20-2021, 12:12 AM)64SUR Wrote: I went and watched Corbin first practice last Monday and today practice Qb, Rb,Wr TE they are 3 maybe 4 deep in all positions ( Most talent I have ever seen on a Corbin football team ) but I have only been following them for 6 years, going on 7 counting this year Lol Kroger Field Bound. Corbin the eye test is real.

Corbin vs Boyle County in the state Championship. Right now toss up on my prediction.

64 you pick them about as good as anyone I have seen. 4a will be a bear this year, Corbin, Boyle, Johnson, and Franklin will all be the usual suspects. At the same time central and a few others can sneak up on anyone. On paper Corbin looks loaded just have to get it in their heart, Boyle returns several key pieces and a state championship qb. Franklin returns the farm but lost a great qb, Johnson returns a hard nose team and still have a few good backs in the backfield. You can throw the rpi out the window this year with the way some of these teams have scheduled, a 6-4 ( regular season) team can be holding the trophy in December. They should all be battle tested and ready for the third round.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!
(07-19-2021, 10:18 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Talent, while it plays a large role, is only one piece of the puzzle.  Kids have to buy in and play together, key players have to stay healthy throughout the year and playoffs.  Then the teams you draw and the route you have to take is as important as anything.  Some teams may not be nearly as talented but pose matchup problems scheme wise that ends up bringing the season to an end.  Boyle Co., Johnson Central, Louisville Central, and Franklin Co. will all be immensely talented as well and there’s always that one team that exceeds expectations that no one seen coming.  I’m ready though I’m bout to football all over myself.

I’d love to compare this team to the 2017 or 2018 team. Only difference is those teams played with understanding each kid had a job to do in order to play the following Friday. Where this team plays for their “handler” to post their highlights on “their” Twitter. When this team tries to address accountability between themselves, it always seems to go to brother or dad aka full moon
(07-22-2021, 08:17 PM)Grumpy57 Wrote:
(07-19-2021, 10:18 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Talent, while it plays a large role, is only one piece of the puzzle.  Kids have to buy in and play together, key players have to stay healthy throughout the year and playoffs.  Then the teams you draw and the route you have to take is as important as anything.  Some teams may not be nearly as talented but pose matchup problems scheme wise that ends up bringing the season to an end.  Boyle Co., Johnson Central, Louisville Central, and Franklin Co. will all be immensely talented as well and there’s always that one team that exceeds expectations that no one seen coming.  I’m ready though I’m bout to football all over myself.

I’d love to compare this team to the 2017 or 2018 team. Only difference is those teams played with understanding each kid had a job to do in order to play the following Friday. Where this team plays for their “handler” to post their highlights on “their” Twitter. When this team tries to address accountability between themselves, it always seems to go to brother or dad aka full moon
And why say that? Why because of the multiple D1 offers for this team does that make a team all about themselves? This senior class won a state championship in 8th grade not because of talent but they loved playing together and D1 offers have came in along the way. Don’t assume
[-] The following 1 user Likes colonelfan944's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-23-2021, 03:40 PM)colonelfan944 Wrote:
(07-22-2021, 08:17 PM)Grumpy57 Wrote:

And why say that? Why because of the multiple D1 offers for this team does that make a team all about themselves? This senior class won a state championship in 8th grade not because of talent but they loved playing together and D1 offers have came in along the way. Don’t assume
What’s a colonel fan know about red hound football?? Unless you were a hound and then a hound again?? That team won because coach Jackson didn’t let egos ruin them why he has so many rings…
Looks like game against Rhea County TN is a no go. Rhea County canceled to play Alcoa Tn. Instead. We will wait for confirmation though.
(07-23-2021, 06:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Looks like game against Rhea County TN is a no go. Rhea County canceled to play Alcoa Tn. Instead. We will wait for confirmation though.
That’s unfortunate
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grumpy57's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-23-2021, 06:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Looks like game against Rhea County TN is a no go. Rhea County canceled to play Alcoa Tn. Instead. We will wait for confirmation though.

That’s a dick move, a month before kickoff and cancelling? I hope they lose every game they play.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(07-23-2021, 08:39 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 06:07 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Looks like game against Rhea County TN is a no go. Rhea County canceled to play Alcoa Tn. Instead. We will wait for confirmation though.

That’s a dick move, a month before kickoff and cancelling?  I hope they lose every game they play.

Sad part is the only KY team with a open date is Knott County Central. Of course Corbin will attempt to get another Tn team to play, so lets hope we find a game at this point.
(07-23-2021, 08:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

That’s a dick move, a month before kickoff and cancelling?  I hope they lose every game they play.

Sad part is the only KY team with a open date is Knott County Central. Of course Corbin will attempt to get another Tn team to play, so lets hope we find a game at this point.
Hope they find a game. Ready to watch the hounds get their season rolling. Looking forward to winning it all
(07-23-2021, 08:51 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Nothing personal toward Knott county but we’d get out of a hard practice than that game. I hope we can find a quality opponent unless I’m wrong that’s the pigskin and we need a team that can challenge us.
What a chicken she-it move by Rhea County.