Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
42 Rebound Game by Bol Kuir
(03-19-2021, 12:42 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Overstating the total by 11 is not a simple misstep ; it's an intentional falsification.
 I would think that 31 Rebounds would be something to be proud of. Why feel the need to bump it to 42. Most of these games now are live streamed. Pretty easy to go back and verify.

(03-18-2021, 07:16 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
zaga_fan Wrote:These numbers were contested and found to be off by 11 rebounds.
Still had a hell of a night, but nowhere near what was recorded.
I saw a kids rebound stats in the 14th looking kind of suspect on games I watched and I went back and added everything up and sometimes you had games where there were more rebounds than missed shots and FTs lol

I know sometimes mistakes are made and that's just to be expected when you're dealing with people.
But tell me this, if a coach is doing this stuff on purpose, what do they have to gain by it?

This is the first I've heard of "contested" results.   May very well be.  Can  you share a news release on the matter?

Just curious

Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
I saw a kids rebound stats in the 14th looking kind of suspect on games I watched and I went back and added everything up and sometimes you had games where there were more rebounds than missed shots and FTs lol

I know sometimes mistakes are made and that's just to be expected when you're dealing with people.
But tell me this, if a coach is doing this stuff on purpose, what do they have to gain by it?
I understand wanting to help a kid but to me this would be the opposite. A false sense of accomplishment could do a lot a damage to a young man’s career should he play at the next level and with his length, I would think that would be a Real possibility! Most of these 1,000th career rebounds and 1,000-2,000th scoring points used to be a Special achievement that a Junior or Senior would be recognized for. Now the same numbers are being reported in 5-6th grade!?

pirateforlife Wrote:

Were there any tip ins or times when he would get 3 or 4 rebounds on one possession from missed layups? Some people do not consider tip ins as rebounds but they actually are in the stat book. Anything over 30 rebounds is quite impressive no matter what level.
Anywhere even close to 30 is EXTREMELY Impressive!

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:OutlawJoseyWales
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I can’t say about the Lawrence Co game because I have not watched it.  But I do know it was reported that Bol had 20 rebounds in the Betsy Layne game at Betsy Layne and from start to finish I counted 5. Is it easy to miss 1 sure. 15? Probably not.
Dude....don’t you have better things to do?Sounds like sour grapes to me.   If he played for any other team folks would be fawning all over him.  But because It’s Belfry......people looking to throw shade.  Geez.

Who said anything about Belfry? I’m glad they’ve found a way to be competitive in Basketball. Makes the entire region stronger which makes for better HS basketball for the fans. That’s a good thing! I was simply stating a FACT! Not sure why that upset ya!
I'll put Mr. West's 40+ years of bookkeeping over your eyeball test any day of the week.  Like I said previously...sour grapes. Tongue Tongue Tongue
Must be sour grapes
It's always been about sour grapes with you.   That's evident.   Cant stand those pond creek boys
Everyone else saying the same thing, sour grapes with them too? The whole world just out to get pond creek? ?