Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
42 Rebound Game by Bol Kuir
Supposedly Bol Kuir from Belfry pulled down 42 rebounds against Lawrence County last night. It was in double overtime but still 42 rebounds seems impossible. Did anyone get a chance to see this game is that stat legit?
That is insane to even read lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Both teams must’ve missed a ton of shots.

By far the highest rebounding total I’ve ever seen.
King Kelly Coleman, best known as the all-time  KY HS scoring leader , once had  41 rebounds in a game.

Russ Minton had 48 for Fredonia in 1957.

(03-12-2021, 07:52 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: King Kelly Coleman, best known as the all-time  KY HS scoring leader , once had  41 rebounds in a game.

Russ Minton had 48 for Fredonia in 1957.

Russ Milton , not Minton.
The kid is developing nicely. It will be interesting to see how he progresses. In fact, Belfry has a pretty nice developing team. I can see them being a real factor over the next couple of seasons.
(03-12-2021, 08:24 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: The kid is developing nicely.  It will be interesting to see how he progresses.  In fact, Belfry has a pretty nice developing team.  I can see them being a real factor over the next couple of seasons.
I can’t say about the Lawrence Co game because I have not watched it.  But I do know it was reported that Bol had 20 rebounds in the Betsy Layne game at Betsy Layne and from start to finish I counted 5. Is it easy to miss 1 sure. 15? Probably not.
Both teams combined to miss 75 shots.  So, the young man managed to grab 56% of all the missed shots in the game.
(03-12-2021, 11:09 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 08:24 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: The kid is developing nicely.  It will be interesting to see how he progresses.  In fact, Belfry has a pretty nice developing team.  I can see them being a real factor over the next couple of seasons.
I can’t say about the Lawrence Co game because I have not watched it.  But I do know it was reported that Bol had 20 rebounds in the Betsy Layne game at Betsy Layne and from start to finish I counted 5. Is it easy to miss 1 sure. 15? Probably not.
Dude....don’t you have better things to do?Sounds like sour grapes to me.   If he played for any other team folks would be fawning all over him.  But because It’s Belfry......people looking to throw shade.  Geez.
I've not seen the game to know if he got 42 rebounds but I do know Mr. Bennett West is the best stats man in the business so if he said he got 42 rebounds then I'd say he legitimately got 42 rebounds. I know it was 2 OT. How many did he have in regulation?
If Bennett had him with 42...you can write it down. Congrats on the incredible feat.
I watched and counted 9. definitely didn’t have 20 lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pocoboy18's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(03-13-2021, 10:32 AM)pocoboy18 Wrote:
Went and watched the Lawrence game and i counted 37 or 38.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pocoboy18's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(03-13-2021, 11:37 AM)pocoboy18 Wrote:
Why am I not surprised? ???.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(03-13-2021, 12:07 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
This young man is 7 foot 3.  Why would it be so impossible for him to dominate on the boards?  Why can't people be more positive about these young men and women who are out there trying to be the best they can be.  I bet if it was one the players they support it would be nothing buy great job so and so.  It sickens me that people want to just throw out the negative and that politics rule these school sports teams.  What happened to the days when you tired out, you made the team or didn't, and you support the kids that did.  Great job young man, keep up the good work and break some records.
(03-13-2021, 02:09 PM)crazyfacts Wrote:
(03-12-2021, 11:09 PM)Blue_Bird96 Wrote: I can’t say about the Lawrence Co game because I have not watched it.  But I do know it was reported that Bol had 20 rebounds in the Betsy Layne game at Betsy Layne and from start to finish I counted 5. Is it easy to miss 1 sure. 15? Probably not.
This young man is 7 foot 3.  Why would it be so impossible for him to dominate on the boards?  Why can't people be more positive about these young men and women who are out there trying to be the best they can be.  I bet if it was one the players they support it would be nothing buy great job so and so.  It sickens me that people want to just throw out the negative and that politics rule these school sports teams.  What happened to the days when you tired out, you made the team or didn't, and you support the kids that did.  Great job young man, keep up the good work and break some records.

I agree with your post.  Do you want the politically correct or politically incorrect answer as to why some(not  majority but some) people are hesitant to give proper credit to this young man???    

Second most rebounds ever in a HS game in KY.  Hell of an accomplishment. Been over sixty years since someone had more than 40 boards in a game.
OutlawJoseyWales
Dude....don’t you have better things to do?Sounds like sour grapes to me.   If he played for any other team folks would be fawning all over him.  But because It’s Belfry......people looking to throw shade.  Geez.

Who said anything about Belfry? I’m glad they’ve found a way to be competitive in Basketball. Makes the entire region stronger which makes for better HS basketball for the fans. That’s a good thing! I was simply stating a FACT! Not sure why that upset ya!
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:OutlawJoseyWales
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:The kid is developing nicely.  It will be interesting to see how he progresses.  In fact, Belfry has a pretty nice developing team.  I can see them being a real factor over the next couple of seasons.

Who said anything about Belfry? I’m glad they’ve found a way to be competitive in Basketball. Makes the entire region stronger which makes for better HS basketball for the fans. That’s a good thing! I was simply stating a FACT! Not sure why that upset ya!
I'll put Mr. West's 40+ years of bookkeeping over your eyeball test any day of the week.  Like I said previously...sour grapes. Tongue Tongue Tongue
I can even see that. I will always admit that it’s possible that I missed a few but I knew that  I didn’t missed that many. Just not sure how a stat could be so far off. Almost all of these games are streamed now so kinda easy to see. The young man defiantly has the length and seems like a good kid. Tough to say where he can be with the right work.
There's no way he had 42 rebounds.
(03-17-2021, 03:39 PM)jamesclay Wrote: There's no way he had 42 rebounds.

[Image: https://scottlattablog.files.wordpress.c...d-stir.jpg]
These numbers were contested and found to be off by 11 rebounds.
Still had a hell of a night, but nowhere near what was recorded.
I saw a kids rebound stats in the 14th looking kind of suspect on games I watched and I went back and added everything up and sometimes you had games where there were more rebounds than missed shots and FTs lol

I know sometimes mistakes are made and that's just to be expected when you're dealing with people.
But tell me this, if a coach is doing this stuff on purpose, what do they have to gain by it?
(03-18-2021, 08:54 AM)zaga_fan Wrote: These numbers were contested and found to be off by 11 rebounds.
I saw a kids rebound stats in the 14th looking kind of suspect on games I watched and I went back and added everything up and sometimes you had games where there were more rebounds than missed shots and FTs lol

I know sometimes mistakes are made and that's just to be expected when you're dealing with people.
But tell me this, if a coach is doing this stuff on purpose, what do they have to gain by it?
Were there any tip ins or times when he would get 3 or 4 rebounds on one possession from missed layups? Some people do not consider tip ins as rebounds but they actually are in the stat book. Anything over 30 rebounds is quite impressive no matter what level.
(03-18-2021, 08:54 AM)zaga_fan Wrote: These numbers were contested and found to be off by 11 rebounds.

I understand wanting to help a kid but to me this would be the opposite. A false sense of accomplishment could do a lot a damage to a young man’s career should he play at the next level and with his length, I would think that would be a Real possibility! Most of these 1,000th career rebounds and 1,000-2,000th scoring points used to be a Special achievement that a Junior or Senior would be recognized for. Now the same numbers are being reported in 5-6th grade!?

(03-18-2021, 09:32 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Were there any tip ins or times when he would get 3 or 4 rebounds on one possession from missed layups? Some people do not consider tip ins as rebounds but they actually are in the stat book. Anything over 30 rebounds is quite impressive no matter what level.
Anywhere even close to 30 is EXTREMELY Impressive!

(03-13-2021, 07:49 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:The kid is developing nicely.  It will be interesting to see how he progresses.  In fact, Belfry has a pretty nice developing team.  I can see them being a real factor over the next couple of seasons.

I'll put Mr. West's 40+ years of bookkeeping over your eyeball test any day of the week.  Like I said previously...sour grapes. Tongue Tongue Tongue
Must be sour grapes
(03-18-2021, 09:32 AM)pirateforlife Wrote:

Even if they were tip-ins, there should be a missed shot to go with each rebound.

That would be padding kids FG%
So did Bol get his 42 boards or didn't he?  What is the official verdict?
zaga_fan Wrote:These numbers were contested and found to be off by 11 rebounds.

This is the first I've heard of "contested" results.   May very well be.  Can  you share a news release on the matter?

Just curious

Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

I understand wanting to help a kid but to me this would be the opposite. A false sense of accomplishment could do a lot a damage to a young man’s career should he play at the next level and with his length, I would think that would be a Real possibility! Most of these 1,000th career rebounds and 1,000-2,000th scoring points used to be a Special achievement that a Junior or Senior would be recognized for. Now the same numbers are being reported in 5-6th grade!?

pirateforlife Wrote:

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

Must be sour grapes
It's always been about sour grapes with you.   That's evident.   Cant stand those pond creek boys
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
(03-18-2021, 07:16 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

This is the first I've heard of "contested" results.   May very well be.  Can  you share a news release on the matter?

Just curious

Blue_Bird96 Wrote:

pirateforlife Wrote:

OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I can’t say about the Lawrence Co game because I have not watched it.  But I do know it was reported that Bol had 20 rebounds in the Betsy Layne game at Betsy Layne and from start to finish I counted 5. Is it easy to miss 1 sure. 15? Probably not.

Must be sour grapes
It's always been about sour grapes with you.   That's evident.   Cant stand those pond creek boys
Where on Pond Creek does the Kuir family live?
(03-18-2021, 07:16 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Just curious

Here is an article about it.

https://www.nationofblue.com/correction-...till-safe/

I can't find the tweet where it said it was contested, but I'm sure it's just some people saying to look into it. I don't know there is an official way to contest or protest stats in Kentucky.
If these guys are right and it's 31, that's still a monstrous game.
I'm just kinda confused how the discrepancy is so large.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
Overstating the total by 11 is not a simple misstep ; it's an intentional falsification.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Iam4thecats