Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County vs. Boyle County (4A State Championship)
BC-31
FC-10
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_best63's post:
  • Jack Lambert
What day and time is this game being played?
This a really good matchup and I think it will be back and forth all game. Good luck to both teams.
Boyle :
214 yards passing per game
203 yards rushing
8.3 ppg allowed
8-0 vs top 7000
best win #1898

Franklin
249 yards passing per game
100 rushing yards per game
10.6 ppg allowed
6-1 vs top 7000
best win #735
I think this should be an interesting game.

I'm going with Boyle just due to the fact they have been there before.
The first time making the finals is just a learning experience.
It's different than anything you have experienced.
Boyle County - 28
Frankin County - 20

Frankin is dang good. Nobody hardly ever comes to Johnson Central and beats them. Says a lot about Franklin County. Hope Coach Haddix gets his first ring coaching. Not gonna be an easy task for him. This is gonna be the game of games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • TBO75
Not many teams have been able to hold JC and their running game to 12 points, but franklin did it. Louisville central is that team you have to beat to go to the state game in any class, but franklin rolled them. I haven’t seen franklin as much as i have seen others, but that defense is spectacular and boyle is gonna have to utilize their speed the best they can on these guys. IMO this is the best game in lexington this week and should be a classic for sure.

Cheering for franklin because so many counted them out all year in rankings and predictions, but the boyle studs will pull it out for haddix to get a ring at last.
It will come down to Broyles arm and the Boyle secondary. Boyle only rushed 3 against LexCath most of the night in the 3rd round playoff game and he picked us apart. I will also add that LC's Gohmann is not as good as Broyles in my opinion. Broyles has 26 touchdowns and ZERO int's on the season. The 26 touchdowns don't impress me as much as the ZERO interceptions. The lack of interceptions really bothers me. Boyle must keep the defense attacking without giving up the big play and be able to pass the ball when FC line's up to stop McDaniel. There were 5 or 6 times in the second LexCath game that the Rebels did send some extra people that went in untouched and they missed the sack opportunity and that absolutely kills you. That can't happen this Friday. The game rides on getting some pressure without leaving the corners out on an island. The Rebels will honestly have to play their best game of the season. But to earn a State Championship that's kinda what a team should have to do, right? Just typing this up has put my stomach in knots. I will bleed BLACK and GOLD on Saturday morning whether or not we are celebrating number 9 or congratulating FC on their 1st. But man I sure hope it's number 9 !!
[-] The following 2 users Like BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hatz
From what I can tell Boyle has had a pretty weak schedule with an exception of their two district games against LC and they’ve only played two playoff games. Whereas Franklin has had to play Louisville Central twice with one outstanding win and a great game against JC. Though Boyle may have the better team on paper I think that Franklin’s strength of schedule gives them an edge in this one.

35-34 Franklin Co.
Going for number 9? I think it's time someone else takes it home. Tis the season of giving!
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • TBO75
From what I’ve read Franklin county has played 1 good team all season long that being Johnson Central I don’t see Louisville Central as a good team Franklin showed that in their last meeting and from the stats probably should have beat Louisville Central comfortably in their first meeting let’s face it Louisville Central is nowhere near the team they were when Scroggins was there the way I see it Boyle definitely has played the better schedule.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, FCSPY
I think that the toughness of schedules is a wash in this case. The game will probably come down to turnovers and or injuries, when you have two evenly matched teams, as these are. Looks as if game night will be dry and cold, not favoring one teams style of play over the other. Lets play ball!
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • Hatz
(12-16-2020, 02:20 PM)FCSPY Wrote: Going for number 9? I think it's time someone else takes it home. Tis the season of giving!
Someone else took it home last year.
I think the state of Kentucky needs some new blood Period, I hope FC wins one not only for my fandom, but for the rest of the not so frequent FLYERS in KHSAA football.
I believe Boyle brings home # 9!!!

Great bulletin board material!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR
Can any of the Franklin fans tell me how many players are left on the team that lost to Boyle 50-7 in the 2018 Rebel bowl?
I seen that post on the other site, good example of someone who didn't make the cut at FC stirring up the rebels.... But hey, see you all tomorrow.....
(12-16-2020, 02:03 PM)TBO75 Wrote: From what I can tell Boyle has had a pretty weak schedule with an exception of their two district games against LC and they’ve only played two playoff games. Whereas Franklin has had to play Louisville Central twice with one outstanding win and a great game against JC. Though Boyle may have the better team on paper I think that Franklin’s strength of schedule gives them an edge in this one.

35-34 Franklin Co.

Don't know if I would say that Franklin has had a harder schedule.  Boyle has played CAL (56-21) during the year and the just lost in the Semi Finals.  Mercer Co. (51-7) who beat CAL and then lost to them in the playoffs.  Lexington Catholic (40-0) during the regular season and then in the playoffs (49-41).  Lexington Catholic beat Covington Catholic the week before is an upset.  

Franklin County lost to Central during the season 16-12.  So during the season I would say that Boyle had a little bit harder schedule than Franklin Co..  Now during the playoffs Franklin did have a little harder road than Boyle but I what helps Franklin is that they played all of their playoff games whereas Boyle has only played 2.  I would say Franklin has had a harder playoff schedule.  

There was only one common opponent between the 2 schools and the was Anderson Co. were Franklin won 55-0 and Boyle won 54-0.  As for the weak for the year I would have to say Franklin Co. but not by much.
(12-13-2020, 01:46 AM)64SUR Wrote: I been a haddix fan for a long time. Seeing is believing and I believe this Boyle County team has the.............It Factor on defense and defense is what wins State Championships.  With that said. Going to be a fun game to watched!!!!  And I want be updating this game. Lol!!!

Boyle County 38
Franklin County 28

“ Update Alert on my Prediction “

I been flipping quarters all day long and Boyle has won 75% of the time  over Franklin 25% 

Boyle County 45
Franklin County 21

See Y’all at Kroger!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • toolaidback
The Franklin defense is in for a world of hurt. They have not seen an offense the caliber of Boyles since 2018. They haven't seen an offensive player as good as McDaniel since they played Wandale Robinson early in 2018. Gillis will have all day to throw and pick them apart. The FC OLine will not be able to to come close to slowing down anyone in the box. Haddix is too good, too smart. Rebels roll to 9, this will not be a game once the ball is kicked at 7:00 on Friday
Franklin beat a pretty darn good JC team last week at their place. Should be a great game between two really good teams !!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
(12-17-2020, 04:23 PM)Jack Lambert Wrote: Great bulletin board material!!!

If all that in the post were true, then Franklin must not have a very good coach. With that talent, they should have been dominating everyone. 

(And I personally believe Franklin's coach is very good).

This will be the first Boyle State Finals game that I will not be there in person. Will be watching the broadcast instead.
If Franklin has all the talent Corner’s in said they do then Boyle probably should just forfeit, as for the coaching staff if Franklin didn’t have good coaching they wouldn’t be playing for a state championship!
Haddix has these boys ready!!
BC- 36
FC-21
(12-17-2020, 08:59 PM)FCSPY Wrote: I seen that post on the other site, good example of someone who didn't make the cut at FC stirring up the rebels.... But hey, see you all tomorrow.....

After some of your post it just seems par for the course.
Boyle County 14
Franklin County 14
Halftime

Franklin will get ball second half in 7 minutes
Any updates on this one?
Franklin County 21
Boyle County 14

End of third

Boyle ball on Franklin 16
1st & 10
Boyle County 21
Franklin County 21