Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin County vs. Boyle County (4A State Championship)
Thoughts and predictions.
Haddix has come close twice as coach, losing to a superior Boyle team and losing to an inferior Central team. If you had asked me a few ago about this matchup, I would say Boyle steamrolls by 45. I'm not sure about that now. After Lex Cath exposed Boyle somewhat and Franklin rolled Central and JC, this could be a dandy. I still say Boyle, but the last couple of weeks gives food for thought.
Good luck to both teams and congratulations on getting there. Almost a no season. Now almost a complete season. I’ll definitely be watching this one!
Franklin County's defense is what's surprising to me the most. Before the game last night we was all talking and all agreed that Boyle matched up better with Johnson Central than they do Franklin County. Teams just don't go to Louisville Central and take them to the wood shed. Teams just don't go to Johnson Central and smack them around. The Flyers are experienced at QB, have a big runningback, and speed at all positions. I'm going in to this game as 50/50 game for Boyle. We need to play perfect football to have a chance.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • BEChargers, Hatz, Hoot Gibson, TBO75
Lexington Catholic didn’t exactly expose Boyle, evidently most people don’t know that Boyle lost two starting DB’s to injury midway of the 3rd quarter against Catholic and had to play a freshman and another player that hadn’t played those positions all season long, when these two kids got hurt Catholic took full advantage of the inexperience in Boyle’s secondary and made their comeback.

I agree with Rebel55 I believe this game is probably a toss up.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • BEChargers
(12-12-2020, 02:59 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Franklin County's defense is what's surprising to me the most.  Before the game last night we was all talking and all agreed that Boyle matched up better with Johnson Central than they do Franklin County.  Teams just don't go to Louisville Central and take them to the wood shed.  Teams just don't go to Johnson Central and smack them around.  The Flyers are experienced at QB, have a big runningback, and speed at all positions.  I'm going in to this game as 50/50 game for Boyle.  We need to play perfect football to have a chance.

Maybe a little "Lou Holtz" in your post , but you make some excellent points.  Central(The Louisville one) is a ridiculously hard place to go into and come away with a win. Also, to smack JC around in Paintsville is another statement.  Boyle will have to bring it and I suspect they will.
I am glad to see the Boyle fans are bit more humble than the JC and Corbin folks. Should be a tough game.. Two young coaches on the rise... one at a storied program the other at a program that has been the hoovering in the "good" range over the years.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FCSPY's post:
  • Hatz
(12-12-2020, 04:49 PM)FCSPY Wrote: I am glad to see the Boyle fans are bit more humble than the JC and Corbin folks. Should be a tough game.. Two young coaches  on the rise... one at a storied program the other at a program that has been the hoovering in the "good" range over the years.
Big Grin  It should not be a surprise that Boyle County's fans are more humble this season after watching Boyle County lose a great game to Johnson Central in the state finals last season and then watching Franklin County outplay JC last night. Boyle County fans were not very humble before last season's title game. To be fair, the less humble BC fans are no longer active.
(12-12-2020, 05:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 04:49 PM)FCSPY Wrote: I am glad to see the Boyle fans are bit more humble than the JC and Corbin folks. Should be a tough game.. Two young coaches  on the rise... one at a storied program the other at a program that has been the hoovering in the "good" range over the years.
Big Grin  It should not be a surprise that Boyle County's fans are more humble this season after watching Boyle County lose a great game to Johnson Central in the state finals last season and then watching Franklin County outplay JC last night. Boyle County fans were not very humble before last season's title game. To be fair, the less humble BC fans are no longer active.
There was ONE fan last year and the rest knew what was to be expected at Kroger last year.  Don't throw out the whole bushel of apples over one rotten one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz, toolaidback
Free fosho for state week.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!, FootballFan1999, Patriot1, TD Hounds
We have played Boyle a time or two, we know how the can get.. we bring a little more to the table this time around.
(12-12-2020, 05:50 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 05:02 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
There was ONE fan last year and the rest knew what was to be expected at Kroger last year.  Don't throw out the whole bushel of apples over one rotten one.
That's not the way that I remember it but I agree that when it came to lacking humility, one Boyle County fan was in a league of his own. There is nothing wrong with having confidence in your favorite team and I think that JC and BC have a healthy respect for each other's programs. Respect has to be earned on the field and FC has earned respect. 

4A was loaded this season and may be even stronger next season. Doug Preston will have John Harden among the 4A contenders soon, if not next season, and FC, JC, BC, and Corbin should all return competitive teams.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • FCSPY, TBO75
(12-12-2020, 04:49 PM)FCSPY Wrote: I am glad to see the Boyle fans are bit more humble than the JC and Corbin folks. Should be a tough game.. Two young coaches on the rise... one at a storied program the other at a program that has been the hoovering in the "good" range over the years.

Sorry did I miss that game where Corbin played Franklin this year?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Boyle in a close one. I think it’ll be the best game in the finals.
I been a haddix fan for a long time. Seeing is believing and I believe this Boyle County team has the.............It Factor on defense and defense is what wins State Championships. With that said. Going to be a fun game to watched!!!! And I want be updating this game. Lol!!!

Boyle County 38
Franklin County 28
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Franklin County 28
Boyle County 24
Nothing like trolls for mods.

(12-12-2020, 03:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(12-12-2020, 02:59 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Franklin County's defense is what's surprising to me the most.  Before the game last night we was all talking and all agreed that Boyle matched up better with Johnson Central than they do Franklin County.  Teams just don't go to Louisville Central and take them to the wood shed.  Teams just don't go to Johnson Central and smack them around.  The Flyers are experienced at QB, have a big runningback, and speed at all positions.  I'm going in to this game as 50/50 game for Boyle.  We need to play perfect football to have a chance.

Maybe a little "Lou Holtz" in your post , but you make some excellent points.  Central(The Louisville one) is a ridiculously hard place to go into and come away with a win. Also, to smack JC around in Paintsville is another statement.  Boyle will have to bring it and I suspect they will.

Given the outcome of the Central game and then taking it to JC AT JC and Boyle struggle with LexCath, I would probably consider FC the favorite. People don't want to because of Boyle's history but I don't think it's a stretch. I will also agree with you that Boyle doesn't have to play a "perfect" game, but I believe they better play their best game of the year. FC seems destined. I like Boyle's team. I really like the OL and the LB's are underrated. Losing Cash Logan hurts. If Boyle's secondary has a really good game I think Boyle edge's FC. But they had better come to play a really good game !!
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Hatz
I haven’t watched either team play, I know that Boyle has a very good Jr class, what about Franklin are they mostly seniors or younger, anyone?
Big week for the Flyers... I worry about the lack of experience in the big game... While Boyle is used to it.
(12-13-2020, 11:02 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Big week for the Flyers... I worry about the lack of experience in the big game... While Boyle is used to it.

No better experience than what they did on two away games against Johnson Central and Louiseville Central. That’s impressive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • TBO75
(12-13-2020, 11:32 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(12-13-2020, 11:02 AM)FCSPY Wrote: Big week for the Flyers... I worry about the lack of experience in the big game... While Boyle is used to it.

No better experience than what they did on two away games against Johnson Central and Louiseville Central. That’s impressive.

So true. VERY impressive. That's two tough places where it's hard to come away a win.
I don't know much about Franklin County except they have an excellent quarterback and we have had trouble defending the long pass all year. Boyle has the experience of having been there before; whereas Franklin doesn't have. I know the Boyle players want this game very much, but I'm sure the Franklin players do too. Should be a great matchup. All Boyle and Franklin fans should be at Kroger Field or watching online.
Boyle 31-27
I gotta give props to Franklin County. It’s not an easy task to beat Johnson Central.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Woodrow F. Call's post:
  • BEChargers
Looks like a great match up. It should be one of the best games in the championship weekend to watch. Both teams have a big upside and very few weak spots. Coach James of FC was on the Boyle Co. staff under Chuck Smith for a couple of years. Coach Haddix has really energized the Boyle offense this season, giving a lot of different looks that work well when you have a very good offensive line. Coach Hester has done his usual good job with the BC defense. Really look forward to Friday night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes back country's post:
  • BEChargers
I agree, this should be one of the best games of the weekend.
Should be a good game. I will go with Boyle and Haddix, it's his time.
If both teams show up and are focused, I could see this one being a "last team with the ball" scenario. I hope FC doesn't have a let down after their win at JC. I think this will be the absolute best game over the weekend. I will go with FC 28 BC 26. It absolutely could be the other way around though. Congrats to both teams on making it to the big one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old guy's post:
  • FCSPY, Woodrow F. Call
I think Boyle county wins this one. I’d say it’s going to be a close score, wouldn’t be surprised if I’m wrong either. FC was impressive last week.
If BC can stop Broyles to Farrier and Claudio connection, BC wins.... but they won't.
FC- 28
BC- 24