Poll: Who wins the game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
26.39%
Johnson Central
73.61%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
#3 Corbin @ #1 Johnson Central 12/4 (4A Playoffs)
Vote people still counting votes till January 20 2021. Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
I tried, can we get a recount lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
Can we get a link to the livestream of this one? It’s going to be a dandy I’d assume.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Wish I was home to watch this game ,but live stream for 10 bucks will work. Go Eagles
I want to listen to this game on the radio. What station will be doing the play by play?
98.9 WSIP FM you can listen on their website.
https://www.wsipfm.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Rebel55
LiveStream

JCHS vs. Corbin

https://bit.ly/JC_Football
I really hope someone beats Johnson central but I don’t think a team that lost to Beechwood is capable of doing it .I am pulling hard for Corbin but I don’t think they have a strong enough to team to keep this close.
Johnson Central 42
Corbin 7
(11-28-2020, 11:19 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: I really hope someone beats Johnson central but I don’t think a team that lost to Beechwood is capable of doing it .I am pulling hard for Corbin but I don’t think they have a strong enough to team to keep this close.
Johnson Central 42
Corbin 7

No excuses because Beechwood is a hell of a team but you can’t compare a team to what they were 10 weeks ago. That goes for Corbin, JC, Beechwood, Phelps, or anyone. 

Back then, Corbin was looking for an identity. Do you put all your chips in on riding your two 4 stars? Do you feed others and allow those two to attract all the attention away from the play? Do you have Mills as a wr or even? Not to mention it was a new coach with very little time with the players at the time. They were hit with some Covid issues as well.
(11-28-2020, 10:07 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: I want to listen to this game on the radio.  What station will be doing the play by play?
T107.3 Wctt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Rebel55
well if the hounds remember how physical Belfry was the last time they played,This JC team is More Physical Than Them.I say JC by 17
(11-29-2020, 12:14 AM)cuppett777 Wrote: well if the hounds remember how physical Belfry was the last time they played,This JC team is More Physical Than Them.I say JC by 17
It wasn’t the physicality that hurt us then, it was their speed. And 3 D1 lineman haha.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Jack Lambert
(11-28-2020, 11:47 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 11:19 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: I really hope someone beats Johnson central but I don’t think a team that lost to Beechwood is capable of doing it .I am pulling hard for Corbin but I don’t think they have a strong enough to team to keep this close.
Johnson Central 42
Corbin 7

No excuses because Beechwood is a hell of a team but you can’t compare a team to what they were 10 weeks ago. That goes for Corbin, JC, Beechwood, Phelps, or anyone. 

Back then, Corbin was looking for an identity. Do you put all your chips in on riding your two 4 stars? Do you feed others and allow those two to attract all the attention away from the play? Do you have Mills as a wr or even? Not to mention it was a new coach with very little time with the players at the time. They were hit with some Covid issues as well.

For a post that begins with "no excuses" it sure seems like it contained a lot of excuses.  I'll take Johnson Central 35-10.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • ekywildcat, Westside
This JC team is better than any of the recent belfry teams imo. They have size and speed galore. They have guys no one has ever heard of that can come in and play and they don’t miss a beat. Hell their JV team could win 3A and down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IntheZone's post:
  • MountainMamba
Johnson Central Will roll in this one 49 to 10
(11-29-2020, 01:39 AM)IntheZone Wrote: This JC team is better than any of the recent belfry teams imo. They have size and speed galore. They have guys no one has ever heard of that can come in and play and they don’t miss a beat. Hell their JV team could win 3A and down.
Probably even 4 and 5A too
JC 35
Corbin 21
I think JC wins but it will not be easy . Corbin will fight tooth and nail . Both teams are very well coached but it will be won in the trenches. Score 28 to 14.
Eagles win by 10
Everyone saying how physical JC is. Problem is they also have speed to burn. Corbin never playing them with also be a huge disadvantage. Can’t simulate that offense with your scout team. Corbin going to need a lot of help to keep it close and play a near perfect game.
(11-29-2020, 01:39 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:
(11-28-2020, 11:47 PM)Corbin Wrote:
Johnson Central 42
Corbin 7

For a post that begins with "no excuses" it sure seems like it contained a lot of excuses.  I'll take Johnson Central 35-10.

On that day, there were no excuses. You have to play with what you are dealt with. Just like UK these past two weeks. You can make excuses all day long about starters being out but they had to roll into Bama and Florida with what they had.

At the end of the day, you can't ignore those facts. Unless the virus is still playing a roll when it's time for a bowl game, you can't say this team lost 63-3 to Bama  because it isn't the same team being trotted onto the field.
Corbin should by far be the best team JC has played all season!
With the exception of Belfry
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • BobcatForever
Johnson Central by 21

JC has a team average of over 10 yards per carry and over 30 yards per reception. Third and long is not necessarily a passing down for JC. Teams tend to have a lot of problems containing JC's offense, especially the first time that they play the Golden Eagles.

I think that this game will be close only if JC loses several fumbles. Corbin will need to avoid falling behind in the first quarter to have a good chance of winning. During the Matney era, JC has rarely lost leads after quick starts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Hound05
Not taking anything away from Belfry but I think early season Corbin was more similar to The Pirates. This version of Corbin in my opinion is better than Belfry. We play the games for a reason though. We will all find out come Friday night about 9:45.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • Old guy
I don’t know what the score will be but there’s no team in the state of Kentucky that is going to come into Paintsville and out smash mouth the Golden Eagles. Just ain’t happening. JC didn’t invent smash mouth football but they have basically perfected it. Good luck JC.
[-] The following 4 users Like 2000PHS's post:
  • BobcatForever, ekywildcat, Hoot Gibson, Old guy
Corbin had 2 guys rush for over 100 yards friday... Addison and Mills. 295 total and could’ve ran all they wanted and passed all they wanted. Combs may have started slow this season but he’s playing well when it matters on the brown grass!! Johnson Central is a very very good football team. But so is Corbin and I think the tough schedule for Corbin will allow them to go up in the mountains and pull it out. I’m going 28-21 Corbin but it could definitely be 28-21 JC. I’m looking forward to this one for sure and so is everybody else. That dline for Corbin is insane. It seems like they get a goaline stand every game!! Greer and Mills will have that defense ready. And the offense is firing on all cylinders right now. They scored a TD on every offensive possession friday except 1 when they were backed up inside their 10 to start their drive. From a colonel fan the Hounds have a lot to be proud of and I look forward to see them move on to the semis back at Campbell and take on Boyle in the Finals.
[-] The following 1 user Likes colonelfan944's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-29-2020, 09:45 AM)T-CATS Wrote: Everyone saying how physical JC is. Problem is they also have speed to burn. Corbin never playing them with also be a huge disadvantage. Can’t simulate that offense with your scout team. Corbin going to need a lot of help to keep it close and play a near perfect game.
Doesn’t that work both ways?
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert
(11-29-2020, 04:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 09:45 AM)T-CATS Wrote: Everyone saying how physical JC is. Problem is they also have speed to burn. Corbin never playing them with also be a huge disadvantage. Can’t simulate that offense with your scout team. Corbin going to need a lot of help to keep it close and play a near perfect game.
Doesn’t that work both ways?
How many times has Corbin played against the belly offense?
(11-29-2020, 02:59 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-29-2020, 01:39 AM)IntheZone Wrote: This JC team is better than any of the recent belfry teams imo. They have size and speed galore. They have guys no one has ever heard of that can come in and play and they don’t miss a beat. Hell their JV team could win 3A and down.
Probably even 4 and 5A too

You forgot to throw 6A in as well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Westside's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
JC by 3+ scores
Twitter: @tc_analytics

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next