Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 34 - Ashland 21
hawk2 Wrote:Congrats Pikeville. If Pikeville keeps playing like this,this may be the year they beat Belfry. Anyway it will be a game to watch.

It may happen, but I really dont see it..
I'd say Pikeville drops at least 2 games to Belfry & Lexington Catholic...
Belfry wins in a close one, Lex Cath wins fairly easily..
mrfootball03 Wrote:It may happen, but I really dont see it..
I'd say Pikeville drops at least 2 games to Belfry & Lexington Catholic...
Belfry wins in a close one, Lex Cath wins fairly easily..

Pikeville/Belfry is a toss-up, Lex Cath looks to be world beaters this year...
One more thing, Pikeville really needs to work on their kickoffs. Giving the other team great field position on kickoffs will end up getting beat in the playoffs if they don't fix it...
Congratulations to Pikeville on the win.

What I can't help but wonder is should Ashland make the backup QB (Royalty who is a Sophmore) the starting Qb and move Thomas to RB along with Carter(another Sophmore) to get Royalty the experience he'll need for the next 2 seasons. Ashland is in a rebuilding phase. Not to mention they're in a tough 5A district that they don't stand a chance of winning.
DevilsWin Wrote:Congratulations to Pikeville on the win.

What I can't help but wonder is should Ashland make the backup QB (Royalty who is a Sophmore) the starting Qb and move Thomas to RB along with Carter(another Sophmore) to get Royalty the experience he'll need for the next 2 seasons. Ashland is in a rebuilding phase. Not to mention they're in a tough 5A district that they don't stand a chance of winning.

I really like the idea of working Royalty at starting QB I think we need the ball in Thomas hands at RB or WR he was the leading rusher against Pike as QB. Plus getting Royalty in would give him much needed experience for the next two seasons. I hope Leon can figure something out!!
TOMCAT06 Wrote:I really like the idea of working Royalty at starting QB I think we need the ball in Thomas hands at RB or WR he was the leading rusher against Pike as QB. Plus getting Royalty in would give him much needed experience for the next two seasons. I hope Leon can figure something out!!

I agree. With Thomas at WR we have that receiving threat that this team needs. We no longer have the great threats we've had the past couple of years in Gurule, Hensley, or McDavid unless we play Matt at receiver. That would open up our passing game a lot.
congrats pikeville
Leading with the head????.....that's nuts. penalty on number 24 roughing the tackler hah
P-ville looks very solid this year
This is the first Pikeville team in several years to start off a season 2-0. And more than likely, they will head into the LexCath game 3-0, barring a catastrophic collapse. COngratulations, Panthers. You have the support of your entire community. Just keep going out there, playing your ballgame, and having fun. As a fan, there's nothing more one could ask from you guys.