Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 34 - Ashland 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
First time Pikeville has ever beat Ashland congrats.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:First time Pikeville has ever beat Ashland congrats.

How many times have they played? Great win Pikeville!

:letsparty
BelfryJustice Wrote:How many times have they played? Great win Pikeville!

:letsparty
6 , 5-1 series lead for Ashland.
Nice win for the panthers!!! any stats?
The Honaker boys out up big numbers according to the broadcast.

Seems like Pikeville has a terrible issue with penalties. There were about 12 and 3-4 were for late hits. Pikeville sounds like they have a tough team but they just need to learn to keep their emotions in check.
Another surprise. Congrats Panthers!
Picked this one.....
Congrats Panthers Big Win !!!...I picked this one too!...How did Harmon do??
Tim Honaker probably had his best game ever as a Panther. I am guessing close to 200 yds rushing. Pikeville dominated Ashland in every faze of the game. This Pikeville team is for real. I am not sure if Harmon was having trouble with his back or Ashland justed keyed on him but he wasn't a factor in the game. Huge win!!
Midee1 Wrote:The Honaker boys out up big numbers according to the broadcast.

Seems like Pikeville has a terrible issue with penalties. There were about 12 and 3-4 were for late hits. Pikeville sounds like they have a tough team but they just need to learn to keep their emotions in check.
Alot of those were "Putnam Penalties" if you know what I mean. Daniel Harmon get called for a late hit once...and he was returning a punt.LOL! Great win tonight boys!!!!!!!
bball fan Wrote:Tim Honaker probably had his best game ever as a Panther. I am guessing close to 200 yds rushing. Pikeville dominated Ashland in every faze of the game. This Pikeville team is for real. I am not sure if Harmon was having trouble with his back or Ashland justed keyed on him but he wasn't a factor in the game. Huge win!!
They were keying on Harmon alot(who could blame them). He still had some nice gains and had that 20+ TD run in the 1st quarter. Id say he had close to 100 yards tonight. Youre right tough we DOMINATED that bunch all night. The refs were the only thing that kept the final score to 2 TDs at the end.
I can't wait until the Belfry/Pikeville game.. It should be a really great game
mrfootball03 Wrote:I can't wait until the Belfry/Pikeville game.. It should be a really great game
We got LexCath first, then well talk.
LExcath is better than Belfry!!
Congrats Pikeville
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:We got LexCath first, then well talk.
well first we got Betsy Layne to focus on. But listening to the game it was ridiculous how they wouldn't let us run the clock out!!! 3 false starts in the last 1 minute and Ashland was declining them.
Panther Thunder Wrote:well first we got Betsy Layne to focus on. But listening to the game it was ridiculous how they wouldn't let us run the clock out!!! 3 false starts in the last 1 minute and Ashland was declining them.
Actually, it was Pikeville's fault that they didn't run the clock out. They got the ball back with 1:30 left and Ashland was out of time outs. They should have taken a knee rather than risk injury to #2. However, that is about the only mistake that Pikeville made all night. I have never ever seen an Ashland team get physically whipped like that!!
bball fan Wrote:Actually, it was Pikeville's fault that they didn't run the clock out. They got the ball back with 1:30 left and Ashland was out of time outs. They should have taken a knee rather than risk injury to #2. However, that is about the only mistake that Pikeville made all night. I have never ever seen an Ashland team get physically whipped like that!!
I was wondering why they weren't taking a knee lol. I was litterally sitting there talking to myself saying please dont get hurt, please dont get hurt haha.
A big congrats Panthers on another quality win.
Here are some random thoughts:
1..Refs were no factor in the outcome...Some strange calls, but no factor.
2..Pikeville should just take a knee rather than running backwards and running around in the backfield to run additional clock.
3..Pikeville only had three personal foul type penalties and all were questionable..one a marginal roughing the passer penalty and a personal foul on Harmon for leading with the head as the ball carrier...if that's a penalty then NO running back can dive headfirst for the endzone again because it would be leading with the head...the other was a push out of bounds right at the sideline.
4...Pikeville's line seemed to play well most of the night.
5...Pikeville's defense is very good.
6...Ashland is really down this year.
7...Tim Honaker...what a night!!! 260 yds rushing...3 td's rushing one passing
Where's the Pikeville/Belfry game to be played at?
Hail Mary Wrote:Where's the Pikeville/Belfry game to be played at?

cam
Congrats Pikeville. If Pikeville keeps playing like this,this may be the year they beat Belfry. Anyway it will be a game to watch.
Midee1 Wrote:The Honaker boys out up big numbers according to the broadcast.

I'd say most of the penaltties were "putnam penalties" - Pikeville had only one penalty for lining up in the nuetral zone in the first half. In the second, 2 questionable personal fouls and one rediculous personal foul on harmon for leading with his head before hitting a group of tacklers.

BTW - Ashland still had one timeout left when Pikeville got the ball left, which meant that if we just took a knee and Ashland took a TO, theyd get the ball back. Coach J ran a play where Tim would run away from everyone fo a few seconds and then take a knee. This plan turned out looking stupid because of more questionalbe penalties and Ashland didn't use their final TO.
Congrats Panthers
EASports12 Wrote:BTW - Ashland still had one timeout left when Pikeville got the ball left, which meant that if we just took a knee and Ashland took a TO, theyd get the ball back. Coach J ran a play where Tim would run away from everyone fo a few seconds and then take a knee. This plan turned out looking stupid because of more questionalbe penalties and Ashland didn't use their final TO.

I was going to say the same thing...I knew they had one time out left too.

When I played, our coach had a chart for when you could take a knee based on how much time there could be left on the clock vs. how many time outs the other team has. If the other team had 1 TO and there was :55 or something (assuming the offical sets the ball in a "normal" manner), you could take a traditional "behind the center" kneel down. That only kills about 3 seconds for the play itself, then there's the time it takes the ref to set the ball, then there's the 22 or 23 seconds between the ready-for-play and the snap.

But if there was more than :55, we had to kill more than 3 seconds per play (he explained it as the time it took us to run the play was the only thing WE were in control of -- the ref and the other team with the 1 timeout controlled all other factors).

Most teams, if there's more than :55 and the other team has 1 TO just assume they have to try and get a first down -- risking a turnover or an injury to a key player. Running laterally with a designed blocking pattern allows you to kill 8-10 more seconds on a play than the usual 3 or 4 on a normal "take-a-knee."

But it does hurt the qb's rushing stats!Wink
There were only 3 penalties TOTAL in the first half (and only 1 of them on Pikeville).

Pikeville ended up the night with FIFTEEN penalties for 95 yards!

The "rusher leading with the head" penalty after a VERY nice runback looked pretty suspicious to me...other than that, didn't seem too poorly called though. The late hit on the QB was VERY close to happening as soon as he threw the ball (I think if the game had been a CLOSE one at that point, the refs would've let it go...refs tend to favor the team that looks apparent to lose no matter WHERE the game is played).

The other late hit was more a "momentum" thing than anything...tackler was going full speed to hit qb running down sideline and qb stepped out of bounds right before -- tackler "bumped" him more than "hit" him I thought (probably could've hurt him over on that concrete if he'd really tried to tackle him there), but you HAVE to call that if there's ANY contact after the man steps out.
nice win panthers
Great game by Pikeville, my only complaint is throwing a pass with 7 minutes left on first down from the 50, when Ashland wasn't coming close to stopping the run...run the clock out and go to house...that pass that was intercepted allowed Ashland to score 2 more TDs and caused that last 7 minutes to take FOREVER to play and get the game over with...

But still, the big picture is congrats on a BIG win and keep rolling Panthers!
Pages: 1 2