Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bluegrass Rivals 4A Rankings 11-2
The numbers wer updated at 11:00 pm according to the website. It has the Lex Cath win listed in their stats.
(11-07-2020, 01:14 AM)Old guy Wrote: The numbers wer updated at 11:00 pm according to the website. It has the Lex Cath win listed in their stats.
I think he was referring to the RPI numbers
^ yes
(11-07-2020, 01:19 AM)toolaidback Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 01:14 AM)Old guy Wrote: The numbers wer updated at 11:00 pm according to the website. It has the Lex Cath win listed in their stats.
I think he was referring to the RPI numbers
So was I. The latest update to the RPI was at 11:00 pm according to the KHSAA website.
Ohh ok. I’ll ya w to check that out.

Well.... I guess I was wrong about BC. It wasn’t enough to move the needle.

JC.
Corbin
Boyle
Central
When looking at LexCath, it still shows them at 4-2 on the season. Not counting tonights win yet. Maybe i'm seeing it wrong.
Wait just a min......

Looking at it a little closer, it Did update Lexington Catholic and Boyle county from
The past 2 days. But it has not credited Corbin or JC with a COVID Cancelation yet???
JC has only one COVID cancellation. The one they had listed for us in week 3 was actually our scheduled bye week. I believe they removed that one.
Should be around midnight.
(11-07-2020, 01:28 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Wait just a min......

Looking at it a little closer, it Did update Lexington Catholic and Boyle county from
The past 2 days. But it has not credited Corbin or JC with a COVID Cancelation yet???
Maybe they'll forget.  Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes toolaidback's post:
  • Hound05
(11-07-2020, 01:26 AM)toolaidback Wrote: When looking at LexCath, it still shows them at 4-2 on the season. Not counting tonights win yet. Maybe i'm seeing it wrong.
I’m showing 5 on my screen
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • toolaidback
(11-07-2020, 01:30 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Should be around midnight.
Dangit, i'm sleepy!

(11-07-2020, 01:31 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 01:26 AM)toolaidback Wrote: When looking at LexCath, it still shows them at 4-2 on the season. Not counting tonights win yet. Maybe i'm seeing it wrong.
I’m showing 5 on my screen
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb20/83677

Lexington Catholic

182 88
4 -2
2 -1
2 -1

Shows 5 wins, but under class: 4a win/loss record, I see 4-2 for the season
It takes usually 12:06ish exactly before I have seen the updates. This should tell the tale. It will keep updating till all games are finished tomorrow but the main points change will happen tonight in a few.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • toolaidback
Thanks Bull!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes toolaidback's post:
  • Bull got out!
Boyle now #1 JC #2 Corbin #3 Central #4
[-] The following 3 users Like Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!, Jack Lambert, toolaidback
(11-07-2020, 02:04 AM)Yes Old guy Wrote: Boyle now #1 JC #2 Corbin #3 Central #4
So Boyle and jc home all the way till state and jc will play Corbin in round 3 is that correct?
correct
As it should be, it would have been a shame for Boyle and JC to play in the semi's.
Ya have to play whose in front of you regardless of the round. That’s why schedule is so important now with RPI. COVID hurt a lot of teams this year, but I think it’ll usually work out for the better
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Hatz, toolaidback
Do these numbers continue in the playoffs or are they now set in stone?

Just to be honest there is not a lot of difference in being a #1 or #2. Looking at the matchups myself there is no easier path for being a #1 over a #2. I feel a lot of people are sleeping on the Yellowjackets.

On a side note, I'm glad that Johnson Central, Boyle, and Corbin all finished with 7 games total and all had 1 Covid game making the RPI equal for all. Feel for Central as I think they very well could have spoiled everyone and took the top seed had they played all their games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Hatz
(11-07-2020, 12:22 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Do these numbers continue in the playoffs or are they now set in stone?

Just to be honest there is not a lot of difference in being a #1 or #2.  Looking at the matchups myself there is no easier path for being a #1 over a #2.  I feel a lot of people are sleeping on the Yellowjackets. 

On a side note, I'm glad that Johnson Central, Boyle, and Corbin all finished with 7 games total and all had 1 Covid game making the RPI equal for all.  Feel for Central as I think they very well could have spoiled everyone and took the top seed had they played all their games.

They’re set in stone after regular season. 

I also feel like people are sleeping on Central. They always have a nasty defense and 1-2 playmakers on O.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Rebel55
(11-07-2020, 12:22 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Do these numbers continue in the playoffs or are they now set in stone?

Just to be honest there is not a lot of difference in being a #1 or #2.  Looking at the matchups myself there is no easier path for being a #1 over a #2.  I feel a lot of people are sleeping on the Yellowjackets. 

On a side note, I'm glad that Johnson Central, Boyle, and Corbin all finished with 7 games total and all had 1 Covid game making the RPI equal for all.  Feel for Central as I think they very well could have spoiled everyone and took the top seed had they played all their games.
Last year Boyle played Central because Central was a 4 seed in the 4th round. This year Johnson Central being the 2 seed will play Corbin/Wayne round 3. If they advance, Central will be the 4th round opponent for JC if the higher seeds advance in the playoffs. Boyle will not play a top 4 opponent until the finals. 

JC could possibly play the entire top 4 teams 3 games in a row to win this year’s championship. No difference for Corbin. If they upset Johnson Central in round 3, they would face Central in round 4 at Corbin. Then Boyle at Kroger if top seeds advance on Boyles side.
Yes Bull you are correct. With JC/Corbin meeting in 3rd. round that will move Central to #3 in round 4. So, using the current rankings the final four would be 1. Boyle, 2. JC-Corbin winner, 3. Central, 4. Russell County.
  • Bull got out!
Should be fun. Hope all the games are streamed.
(11-07-2020, 12:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Should be fun. Hope all the games are streamed.
I hope they are played!
  • Bull got out!
(11-07-2020, 12:53 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Yes Bull you are correct.  With JC/Corbin meeting in 3rd. round that will move  Central to #3 in round 4.  So, using the current rankings the final four would be 1. Boyle, 2. JC-Corbin winner, 3. Central, 4. Russell County.
Guess I’m not reading it right with current RPI wouldn’t it be 1 Boyle vs 4  Central and 2 JC vs 3 Corbin
(11-07-2020, 01:21 PM)david Samuels Wrote:
(11-07-2020, 12:53 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: Yes Bull you are correct.  With JC/Corbin meeting in 3rd. round that will move  Central to #3 in round 4.  So, using the current rankings the final four would be 1. Boyle, 2. JC-Corbin winner, 3. Central, 4. Russell County.
Guess I’m not reading it right with current RPI wouldn’t it be 1 Boyle vs 4  Central and 2 JC vs 3 Corbin
No because after the district games if top seeds hold the east seeds would be 1. Boyle 2. Johnson Central 3. Corbin. 4. Holmes. 

#1 Boyle plays #4 Holmes and #2 Johnson Central plays #3 Corbin.

Round 4 winners advance and semi's are seeded entire state (if higher seeds prevail)  #1. Boyle #2. JC. #3. Central (Moves up) #4. Russell County

First 2 rounds all teams will play inside their district. Only the champion will advance to round #3. After each playoff round all teams will be re-seeded as the losers will be thrown out.

#1 Boyle and #5 Lex Cath.
#2 Johnson Central and #6 Letcher County
#4 Central and #7 Franklin County
# 3 Corbin, #10 Knox Central, and #11 Wayne County

Holmes may be #9 currently in the rankings but after district play a lot of the teams listed above will be eliminated and they can be no worse than East #4

(11-07-2020, 01:38 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
No because after the district games if top seeds hold the east seeds would be 1. Boyle 2. Johnson Central 3. Corbin. 4. Holmes. 

Round 4 winners advance and semi's are seeded entire state (if higher seeds prevail)  #1. Boyle #2. JC. #3. Central (Moves up) #4. Russell County

First 2 rounds all teams will play inside their district.  Only the champion will advance to round #3.  After each playoff round all teams will be re-seeded as the losers will be thrown out. 

Holmes may be #9 currently in the rankings but after district play a lot of the teams listed above will be eliminated and they can be no worse than East #4 if they win their first 2 games.

First 2 rounds all teams will play inside their district.  Only the champion will advance to round #3.  After each playoff round all teams will be re-seeded as the losers will be thrown out. 

Holmes may be #9 currently in the rankings but after district play a lot of the teams listed above will be eliminated and they can be no worse than East #4

Holmes may be #9 currently in the rankings but after district play a lot of the teams listed above will be eliminated and they can be no worse than East #4 if they win their first 2 games.
  • Bull got out!

Let’s take LC for instance 1st round is Waggoner 2nd round would be Franklin County because they are in their district ... so the above 3rd round doesn’t make sense
[-] The following 1 user Likes david Samuels's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-07-2020, 02:10 PM)david Samuels Wrote:

Let’s take LC for instance 1st round is Waggoner 2nd round would be Franklin County because they are in their district ... so the above 3rd round doesn’t make sense
Ok, here is last year’s District Champions. East seeds and West seeds. Round 3 East 1 vs 4, 2vs 3. Same for West 1 vs 4 and 2 vs 3. After round 3, 4 teams will remain. In the example of last year all the higher seeds won. So in the 4th round East and West is combined because there are only 4 teams left. This is the Semi Finals round before the championship game. So these games are seeded based on RPI. That’s how Boyle and Johnson gets separated to potentially meet in the finals if they win. So last year Central was a 4 seed playing #1 Boyle and #3 Madisonville North Hopkins playing #2 Johnson Central. Both higher seeds won and played in the championship.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Rebel55
David -
#1 round of the playoffs is District RPI #1 vs District RPI #4 and 2 vs 3

#2 round are the winners of round 1 in your district.

#3rd. round are the 4 district winners for the East and West. and seeded. (so let's just say all higher seeds prevail in their districts. The East would look like 1. Boyle 2. Johnson Central 3. Corbin. 4 Holmes 1vs 4 and 2 vs. 3

#4th. round the 2 remaining teams from the East and West are re-seeded by the RPI ranking of today. 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3

#5th. round is the State Championship Game
  • Hatz