5. Franklin County
6. Lexington Catholic
7. Russell County
8. Letcher County Central
9. Wayne County
10. Knox Central

Others Receiving Votes
Lincoln County, Holmes, Logan County, Hopkinsville

The Bluegrass Rivals Rankings Committee is made up of members selected from this site.
About right. Although unlike most I think the top 3 are very close.
(11-02-2020, 03:06 PM)Hound05 Wrote: About right. Although unlike most I think the top 3 are very close.
Yep...the top 3 are close..the rest are not close to the top 3 imo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!
Top 3 are close, #4 could be, just not sure.
The top 2 are very close, IMO, with 3 and 4 being dark horses capable of pulling an upset but unlikely to upset both #1 and #2 for the state title. 

Because of COVID and scheduling issues, Central is the big unknown going into the playoffs. They could be much better than people expect. Unlike most seasons, Central has played a weak schedule and five games (six, if they pick up a game) against a weak schedule may not be enough to prepare for the top 3 teams. Central gave Boyle County a pretty good game last season, despite losing their starting quarterback early, and they return a lot of talent.
(11-02-2020, 05:28 PM)toolaidback Wrote: Top 3 are close, #4 could be, just not sure.
Yea you can never be sure about central. Their D is usually solid. The ability to score points on a good team......unknown
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
Even though I’m a Corbin fan, I think Corbin and Central need to be flip flopped. If they meet, who knows the outcome but if I were betting right now, I’d have to give the yellow jackets a slight advantage. Their defense is top notch.
I live in the hills and this will not be popular. However you look at the RPi and how they got it all broken out , how does a team that plays 2A teams get points? You look at the top 4 teams and they all got 2A teams on their schedule and even one has lost to a 2A team...I don’t want to hear well they are a good 2A team....They are a 2A team. JC has my vote to be at the top u til someone knocks them off. Everyone else can shut up, but I know 2&3 they love some 2A teams
[-] The following 1 user Likes david Samuels's post:
  • maximus73
(11-02-2020, 09:46 PM)Corbin Wrote: Even though I’m a Corbin fan, I think Corbin and Central need to be flip flopped. If they meet, who knows the outcome but if I were betting right now, I’d have to give the yellow jackets a slight advantage. Their defense is top notch.
The only reason I will disagree with you on this one is....they haven’t really proved themselves. Barley beating franklin is about it. Have you seen them this year? I have just assumed their D this year would be like years past or comparable
(11-02-2020, 10:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 09:46 PM)Corbin Wrote: Even though I’m a Corbin fan, I think Corbin and Central need to be flip flopped. If they meet, who knows the outcome but if I were betting right now, I’d have to give the yellow jackets a slight advantage. Their defense is top notch.
The only reason I will disagree with you on this one is....they haven’t really proved themselves. Barley beating franklin is about it. Have you seen them this year? I have just assumed their D this year would be like years past or comparable
And I would disagree with you because you lost and beat a 2A team. How do you guys sleep at night beating up on small schools and then losing to them?
(11-02-2020, 10:23 PM)david Samuels Wrote: I live in the hills and this will not be popular. However you look at the RPi and how they got it all broken out , how does a team that plays 2A teams get points? You look at the top 4 teams and they all got 2A teams on their schedule and even one has lost to a 2A team...I don’t want to hear well they are a good 2A team....They are a 2A team. JC has my vote to be at the top u til someone knocks them off. Everyone else can shut up, but I know 2&3 they love some 2A teams

I don’t understand how Johnson Central stays at the top playing teams like 3A Bell County, 4A Clay County, 4A Harlan County, 4A Perry County Central, 4A Letcher County Central, 3A Belfry & 6A Simon Kenton. Which one of these teams this year kicking butts. Asking for a friend deep in the east on the border
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Hound05
(11-02-2020, 10:40 PM)david Samuels Wrote:
And I would disagree with you because you lost and beat a 2A team. How do you guys sleep at night beating up on small schools and then losing to them?

Hot blonde, a few whiskey sours, while watching Fox News.
[-] The following 3 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!, david Samuels, TD Hounds
(11-02-2020, 10:46 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 10:23 PM)david Samuels Wrote: I live in the hills and this will not be popular. However you look at the RPi and how they got it all broken out , how does a team that plays 2A teams get points? You look at the top 4 teams and they all got 2A teams on their schedule and even one has lost to a 2A team...I don’t want to hear well they are a good 2A team....They are a 2A team. JC has my vote to be at the top u til someone knocks them off. Everyone else can shut up, but I know 2&3 they love some 2A teams

I don’t understand how Johnson Central stays at the top playing teams like 3A Bell County, 4A Clay County, 4A Harlan County, 4A Perry County Central, 4A Letcher County Central, 3A Belfry & 6A Simon Kenton. Which one of these teams this year kicking butts. Asking for a friend deep in the east on the border
22 -0 since about 12/1/2018.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • 64SUR
(11-02-2020, 11:37 PM)Old guy Wrote:

22 -0 since about 12/1/2018.
Sounds like a bunch of sand baggers to me
Haters gonna hate.
(11-02-2020, 10:40 PM)david Samuels Wrote:
Hahahahaha!! ????

Does your parents know you’re up this late on a school night? I don’t know who pissed in your Cheerio’s, but if you’re gonna troll on this board, ya better do your research. 

school size don’t matter to anyone who understands football. We’ve had, and still have 1, 2, and 3A schools that would beat most 6A schools brakes off!! Every school plays up and down. Hint hint, that’s why we have the multiplier for that reason with RPI. So we lost to a 2A powerhouse by a touchdown, even had a chance to win it, with 3 of our starters out, with 2 weeks of practice. Mannnnnnn what will we ever do?? I guess we could have traded schedules with JC and played clay county hahaha.  Teams don’t get better by playing cupcakes, ask anyone with a football IQ. If you want to learn to troll and be good at it, PM me and I’ll give you a contact!!
(11-03-2020, 12:53 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
Hahahahaha!! ????

Does your parents know you’re up this late on a school night? I don’t know who pissed in your Cheerio’s, but if you’re gonna troll on this board, ya better do your research. 

school size don’t matter to anyone who understands football. We’ve had, and still have 1, 2, and 3A schools that would beat most 6A schools brakes off!! Every school plays up and down. Hint hint, that’s why we have the multiplier for that reason with RPI. So we lost to a 2A powerhouse by a touchdown, even had a chance to win it, with 3 of our starters out, with 2 weeks of practice. Mannnnnnn what will we ever do?? I guess we could have traded schedules with JC and played clay county hahaha.  Teams don’t get better by playing cupcakes, ask anyone with a football IQ. If you want to learn to troll and be good at it, PM me and I’ll give you a contact!!
Clay county is a district game.... show me anyone who wants to schedule Johnson central. I’m sure they will play them anytime.
Hahahahaha!! ????

You’re dragging the wrong team in it talking about Johnson Central lol. They’d wipe Beechwood.
(11-03-2020, 02:25 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
Hahahahaha!! ????

You’re dragging the wrong team in it talking about Johnson Central lol. They’d wipe Beechwood.
I don’t think his football IQ is very high HAHAHAH
Pin this one to the all time classic's thread!! haha

Time will tell all.....
(11-03-2020, 08:26 AM)Hound05 Wrote: Pin this one to the all time classic's thread!! haha

Time will tell all.....

Yes it will.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05

LMFAO! JC has to play district thats obvious. They cannot get away from that bad competition. Teams won’t play JC, it’s just the truth. That’s why they get underestimated by teams like Boyle, Corbin, Central. I promise you Johnson Central’s Practice Defense that their offense practices against is probably better than most defenses they have  played this year. And they literally perfect their offensive system year in and year out. Defense just speaks for itself, have had some of the more dominant defenses in the state the past couple season. Now back to Schedule. 

Bell County - Last years 3A state runner up. Played us early in the year. 
Simon Kenton - Not a great 6A school, but they did make a pretty deep playoff run. 
Belfry - Defending 3A state champs. When these teams play they are literally looking in the mirror. Very Physical game.
Bourbon County - Looks like we may have picked up Bourbon. Not a very good team. If I was guessing just a game to stay in a rhythm going into the cake walk!!  Wink
Central is always a guess but I don't think Corbin is up to Boyle or JC. Their defense is top notch but the offense let's them down too often. I didn't think so two years ago either and was proven wrong obviously. I just hope we get to see those 4 teams play out and decide it on the field !!
Hahahahaha!! ????

That’s not the point, how many of JC’s opponents would beat Beechwood? Bell Co is nowhere near the team they where last year so Belfry is the best team they have played and they are 3A who someone told me not long ago where teetering on the line of being 2A. Some very good teams in 2A besides Beechwood: Somerset, Mayfield, Danville, LCA. The Mayfield and CAL teams that played for the 2A state championship a couple years ago would give Johnson Central all they wanted. I’m not knocking JC we’ve been in a crappy district and there’s nothing you can do about it, yet I have tons of respect for their program. You’ll never convince me that all these 2A teams are unable to compete but I also think the 6 class system is watered down football so to each his own I guess.

Hell yeah got any extra...
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Hound05
(11-03-2020, 09:15 AM)MountainMamba Wrote:

LMFAO! JC has to play district thats obvious. They cannot get away from that bad competition. Teams won’t play JC, it’s just the truth. That’s why they get underestimated by teams like Boyle, Corbin, Central. I promise you Johnson Central’s Practice Defense that their offense practices against is probably better than most defenses they have  played this year. And they literally perfect their offensive system year in and year out. Defense just speaks for itself, have had some of the more dominant defenses in the state the past couple season. Now back to Schedule. 

Bell County - Last years 3A state runner up. Played us early in the year. 
Simon Kenton - Not a great 6A school, but they did make a pretty deep playoff run. 
Belfry - Defending 3A state champs. When these teams play they are literally looking in the mirror. Very Physical game.
Bourbon County - Looks like we may have picked up Bourbon. Not a very good team. If I was guessing just a game to stay in a rhythm going into the cake walk!!  Wink
Yea you’re missing the point. Some troll was taking ish about our schedule because we had the defending 2A champs on it and another 2A power house. Everyone knows you have to okay district opponents? So I’m not sure what you’re getting at, I think you misinterpreted the point I was making to that other troll.  

hahah I don’t think anyone is underestimating JC, especially with what some of their fan base has said. They are the team to beat, I don’t know what you want me to say? But I’m gonna side with history in the past couple years that NO team will have a cake walk in being the champ. I completely understand that you disagree with me, and that’s fine I don’t care. It’s all opinions. But when some idiot gets on here talking about scheduling power house teams and just because they are smaller schools, we’ll I’m simply going to make them look like a fool. Pretty sure if Jc had the chance, they would trade some of their opponents for ours. 

younkeep saying no one wants to play them. Who is “no one”? There’s plenty of teams out there besides bourbon who didn’t have a game,didnthey call any of the power houses? Or did they just need some to play so they didn’t drop to #2 or #3 in RPI? I’m not denying your statement. But I could get on here and say we tried to call JC and they didn’t want to play us. So that’s what I am asking, who didn’t want to play them?
(11-03-2020, 10:22 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 10:24 PM)Hound05 Wrote: The only reason I will disagree with you on this one is....they haven’t really proved themselves. Barley beating franklin is about it. Have you seen them this year? I have just assumed their D this year would be like years past or comparable
Hahahahaha!! ????

That’s not the point, how many of JC’s opponents would beat Beechwood?  Bell Co is nowhere near the team they where last year so Belfry is the best team they have played and they are 3A who someone told me not long ago where teetering on the line of being 2A.  Some very good teams in 2A besides Beechwood: Somerset, Mayfield, Danville, LCA.  The Mayfield and CAL teams that played for the 2A state championship a couple years ago would give Johnson Central all they wanted.  I’m not knocking JC we’ve been in a crappy district and there’s nothing you can do about it, yet I have tons of respect for their program.  You’ll never convince me that all these 2A teams are unable to compete but I also think the 6 class system is watered down football so to each his own I guess.

I guess this was my point, for someone who gets beat by 2A teams, and hasn’t one a title, they sure like to hear their own voice. You are not walking into Paintsville with that talk and coming out a winner
Don’t disrespect those 2A teams. Some of them are very solid
[-] The following 1 user Likes SayreSpartan2006's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-03-2020, 10:47 AM)david Samuels Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 10:22 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 10:40 PM)david Samuels Wrote: And I would disagree with you because you lost and beat a 2A team. How do you guys sleep at night beating up on small schools and then losing to them?
Hahahahaha!! ????

That’s not the point, how many of JC’s opponents would beat Beechwood?  Bell Co is nowhere near the team they where last year so Belfry is the best team they have played and they are 3A who someone told me not long ago where teetering on the line of being 2A.  Some very good teams in 2A besides Beechwood: Somerset, Mayfield, Danville, LCA.  The Mayfield and CAL teams that played for the 2A state championship a couple years ago would give Johnson Central all they wanted.  I’m not knocking JC we’ve been in a crappy district and there’s nothing you can do about it, yet I have tons of respect for their program.  You’ll never convince me that all these 2A teams are unable to compete but I also think the 6 class system is watered down football so to each his own I guess.

I guess this was my point, for someone who gets beat by 2A teams, and hasn’t one a title, they sure like to hear their own voice. You are not walking into Paintsville with that talk and coming out a winner
We had a title before you were even relevant, which was what? This decade?
(11-03-2020, 11:28 AM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote:
Don’t disrespect those 2A teams. Some of them are very solid
He’s just a very misinformed troll.
[/quote]
He’s just a very misinformed troll.
[/quote]

An angry troll at that, them buttons on that keyboard must be screaming every time he hits them.