Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin 48 Somerset 21
(10-31-2020, 08:58 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:40 PM)64SUR Wrote: I thought the announcer on Lake Cumberland Sports tonight said. I would have never thought one man would meant this much talking about Qb Kayla Sheron.  Curious did all of Somerset starter played tonight except for  Sheron. Just asking
It’ll probably set a few bunnie fans off, but I still think we would have won by 10-12 even if he did play
Not set off, but that is an easy statement to make given the circumstances.
I don’t think it’s an easy statement to make. Because if we showed up like we did against Lincoln, we’d get beat by 24 if he played. But, we played good regardless of the other team. And like I said before, I’m not doubting Sherons talent. I’ve seen him two years now and he’s great, but he’s not T.O. Proof either. But it’s a mute point, no one wants to play the what if game. Somerset is a dang good team. I think if the Oline can give sheronnmore time in the pocket if they play LCA again they’ll beat them.
Congratulations Hounds!!

Thank you so much 64SUR for the link. I fell asleep at halftime. Just getting too old to hang!!
(10-31-2020, 10:23 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Congratulations Hounds!!

Thank you so much 64SUR for the link.  I fell asleep at halftime.  Just getting too old to hang!!
Bull butter. 38 ISN’T OLD!!!
Great win for Corbin! Didn’t get to watch the game! Did Somerset’s QB play? Saw where he got injured in the LCA game.
Congrats Dogs, nice win!
(10-31-2020, 11:04 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: Great win for Corbin! Didn’t get to watch the game! Did Somerset’s QB play? Saw where he got injured in the LCA game.
No
I watched some of this game today. Somerset LT looks to hurt his ankle came out in 3rd Qter. Center was moved to guard in 3rd. Did Somerset lose more players last night other then ones already out? If Somerset loses they're two Senior lineman that would be horrible. Somerset will be ready for playoffs, and thinks to Corbin they got these young guys ready. Somerset taking lead to lose due to turnovers was heartbreaking, but sometimes a good kick in a$$ even without good players is a win win if your guys learn from it. I just hope we keep Corbin on schedule. I really like the team and coaches attitude and fans. When looking back at the 80s never thought I'd see so much sportsmanship from both teams other then typical game adrenaline. That showed respect from both teams from one another.
[-] The following 3 users Like foozeball80's post:
  • Bull got out!, CowboyDad, Hound05
(10-31-2020, 08:51 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 02:34 AM)CowboyDad Wrote: Don’t know where to start. Played well for 1 quarter and then the wheels came off.

Much like the LCA game, they payed well for one quarter and not so much the other 3.

I guess they spent their juju on Danville.

I dunno. I’ll regroup after I rewatch the game but that announcer maybe was right. Kaiya is a huge part of what they do. Maybe so huge the OC learned a lot tonight about play calling and how to adjust after this season’s class graduates. I hope.
Every time we turned it over ,the ball Fell out of the qb hands inside the 30 
and they scored on a short field.
No wheels came off... we battled all night and even had a few stops after turning it over inside the 30... How does this have any thing to do with the OC and his ability to call plays ... that’s a stupid statement!!! Kids battled and 6 turnovers inside your own 30 can be a little demoralizing.

Not a stupid statement and more I didnt blame anyone. The team you saw on the field last night is his offense (minus a couple linemen) next season . My statement was I hope he learned a lot because this group can’t run the offense for Sheron that the group you saw last night does. Reading more into it is on you.
(10-31-2020, 09:16 PM)CowboyDad Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 08:51 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: [quote="CowboyDad" pid="2287952" dateline="1604122497"]
Don’t know where to start. Played well for 1 quarter and then the wheels came off.

Much like the LCA game, they payed well for one quarter and not so much the other 3.

I dunno. I’ll regroup after I rewatch the game but that announcer maybe was right. Kaiya is a huge part of what they do. Maybe so huge the OC learned a lot tonight about play calling and how to adjust after this season’s class graduates. I hope.
No wheels came off... we battled all night and even had a few stops after turning it over inside the 30... How does this have any thing to do with the OC and his ability to call plays ... that’s a stupid statement!!! Kids battled and 6 turnovers inside your own 30 can be a little demoralizing.

Not a stupid statement and more I didnt blame anyone. The team you saw on the field last night is his offense (minus a couple linemen) next season . My statement was I hope he learned a lot because this group can’t run the offense for Sheron that the group you saw last night does. Reading more into it is on you.
Perhaps the opposing defense had anything to do with this. Maybe Corbin should be good guys and tell somerset they won because of injury. I don’t get it, if we lose then we suck if we win, it’s because the other team had someone out. I give up, to each there own, but the scoreboard or rpi doesn’t care who had who just the final score.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!
(11-01-2020, 04:16 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 02:34 AM)CowboyDad Wrote: Don’t know where to start. Played well for 1 quarter and then the wheels came off.

Perhaps the opposing defense had anything to do with this.  Maybe Corbin should be good guys and tell somerset they won because of injury.  I don’t get it, if we lose then we suck if we win, it’s because the other team had someone out.  I give up, to each there own, but the scoreboard or rpi doesn’t care who had who just the final score.
Agree. Corbin D was nice ... 6 turnovers !!!!! 2 int... 1 fumble recovery. And 3 unforced drops by Qb inside the 30.....
[-] The following 2 users Like Deuce8's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
(11-01-2020, 04:16 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

Perhaps the opposing defense had anything to do with this.  Maybe Corbin should be good guys and tell somerset they won because of injury.  I don’t get it, if we lose then we suck if we win, it’s because the other team had someone out.  I give up, to each there own, but the scoreboard or rpi doesn’t care who had who just the final score.
I don’t think even a majority of Somerset fans think that way. Maybe fans of other programs. But it’s always been that way. Go back 4 or 5 years. It’s always been an excuse they make for us.

but while they were “unforced” fumbles, I do believe our D had something to do with it. Us being in the backfield, the mental aspect of it, etc. We’re they the only reasons for it? NO. But I do believe if some bush league D was out there, they probably wouldn’t have been lost. Plus you have to think as well, we recovered them too. Not to mention all the other Forced TO’s. But like I said, I think even most Somerset fans know, even if we didn’t get those, we still would have won fairly easily. They couldn’t stop us a majority of the time. And even in the 3rd we switched our O to a very run heavy. 

but as for the rest of the fans out there. Let them keep doubting. They’ve done it for the last couple of years and we’ve proved them wrong. It just plays to our benefit. That’s half the reason I’m so hard on our boys. Time has taught us since the reclassification, no team is really that far and above the rest. I think history will hold true this year too, even if we aren’t the ones who proved it. But either way. We have some great athletes coming up in our Jr, sophomore, and freshman classes. So the future is very bright
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
You guys opened the door for the back and forth when you started saying Corbin would've won by two scores even if Somerset was at full strength. Don't get mad and act like you're being disrespected because someone responded. Same could be said for the Somerset fans. You play with the kids you got. The what if game gets us no where. The game is over, Corbin played the team across the field from them and won. That's it.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • Hound05, TD Hounds
(11-01-2020, 02:11 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: You guys opened the door for the back and forth when you started saying Corbin would've won by two scores even if Somerset was at full strength. Don't get mad and act like you're being disrespected because someone responded. Same could be said for the Somerset fans. You play with the kids you got. The what if game gets us no where. The game is over, Corbin played the team across the field from them and won. That's it.
I was the one who said that, not them. And the way we played, I believe it. But it’s just my opinion. It’s useless. But I don’t think you get where the rest of them are coming from. I’m not offended at all by any Somersets fans post. Like you said, we won. It’s the general consensus of class 4A. And it’s always the same with us. They keep running their mouths til we smack it, and then they come up with an excuse. Every time. It might have looked like it was directed at Somerset, but I’d be willing to say that it wasn’t.
(11-01-2020, 02:11 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: You guys opened the door for the back and forth when you started saying Corbin would've won by two scores even if Somerset was at full strength. Don't get mad and act like you're being disrespected because someone responded. Same could be said for the Somerset fans. You play with the kids you got. The what if game gets us no where. The game is over, Corbin played the team across the field from them and won. That's it.

Like Hound said I think your taking the post a little out of context because it wasn’t necessarily meant as a shot at Somerset. I think most Corbin fans have a ton of respect for Somerset and the way you all are doing things. There wasn’t any bush league plays or tactics during the game and you have a solid coaching staff. Did I want to see Somerset at full strength of course but as I said previously I completely understand. It’s other schools fans jumping on to try and point out why Corbin isn’t really that good this year even though we’ve only lost one game, this was supposed to be another game for them to hang their hat on that we were gonna lose yet we didn’t so....Hope all your kids get healthy and good luck going forward hope we can continue these games really enjoy it although I’d like to see it happen earlier in the year.
Let's stop beating the dead bunny so to speak. Game over, shake space bars, and move on the next round. Corbin is really good, Somerset is really good when healthy. We got our bunny tails kicked, and that really helped out the young guys get a taste of big boy ball. weather it was forced or unforced, a fumble is a fumble. Cudos to the Jumper staff putting the backuo QB in to try to build his confidence and let him learn. With that being said Somerset didn't have anymore injuries. Pulled some players to keep them healthy was told. Somerset heading to playoffs fully healthy and that is all I care about right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • RoShamBo
Did Somerset find a game for next week? Or are they just gonna let it go, take the week off,’and get ready for the Ad’s?
(11-01-2020, 08:51 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Did Somerset find a game for next week? Or are they just gonna let it go, take the week off,’and get ready for the Ad’s?
Was told after Friday it would be best to lick they're wounds and wait on Danville. So as of right now week off. I think that's wise they picked up a few non serious typical football injuries to heal up on the line. So yeah that's a good call. Lol
Well said, good luck to the bunnies
(10-31-2020, 10:23 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: Congratulations Hounds!!

Thank you so much 64SUR for the link.  I fell asleep at halftime.  Just getting too old to hang!!
message me in the Spring or before when you come out of hibernation.