Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin 48 Somerset 21
Final
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
Why did we have any starters in with 10 minutes left? That’s just foolish. Okay! Yea they scored on our JV. Who cares??? It’s not worth the risk!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8
Proud of our Hounds!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(10-30-2020, 11:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Why did we have any starters in with 10 minutes left? That’s just foolish. Okay! Yea they scored on our JV. Who cares??? It’s not worth the risk!!!!

pretty sure they took starter out around the 8.30 marked
(10-30-2020, 11:20 PM)64SUR Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:15 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Why did we have any starters in with 10 minutes left? That’s just foolish. Okay! Yea they scored on our JV. Who cares??? It’s not worth the risk!!!!

pretty sure they took starter out around the 8.30 marked
You’re probably right. I thought I looked and seen the starting line, and combs on Offense kinda late.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR
I'd liked to have seen these 2 teams play at full strength. Corbin's run defense was stout but I think Sheron would have been able to have found some holes in the secondary. Corbin, except for the blocked punt, had very good special teams play as well. The 4 unforced fumbles pretty much decided the game in the 1st half. I think at full strength this one goes down to the wire. Oh well, the important thing is getting everyone back healthy in 2 weeks. Congrats Hounds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • Deuce8, TD Hounds
(10-30-2020, 11:19 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Proud of our Hounds!
Absolutely. Still have room to improve the next two weeks though.
(10-30-2020, 11:27 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: I'd liked to have seen these 2 teams play at full strength.  Corbin's run defense was stout but I  think Sheron would have been able to have found some holes in the secondary.  Corbin,  except for the blocked punt,  had very good special teams play as well.  The 4 unforced fumbles pretty much decided the game in the 1st half.  I think at full strength this one goes down to the wire.  Oh well,  the important thing is getting everyone back healthy in 2 weeks.  Congrats Hounds.
Yes it would have probably been a different game with him in there. But ya never know. I watched him throw some INTs to LCA last week. But I watched him thread the needle as well. I don’t know what the snap problem was tonight. It was effecting both teams, both teams had snaps come in low all dang night. Lucky for us, we were able to hold on to most of them. But even successful plays on both sides, the snaps were usually really low. 

but like you said. No body got hurt. And both will get better from it. Good luck
I thought the announcer on Lake Cumberland Sports tonight said. I would have never thought one man would meant this much talking about Qb Kayla Sheron. Curious did all of Somerset starter played tonight except for Sheron. Just asking
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Hound05
(10-30-2020, 11:40 PM)64SUR Wrote: I thought the announcer on Lake Cumberland Sports tonight said. I would have never thought one man would meant this much talking about Qb Kayla Sheron.  Curious did all of Somerset starter played tonight except for  Sheron. Just asking
It’ll probably set a few bunnie fans off, but I still think we would have won by 10-12 even if he did play
  • 64SUR
(10-30-2020, 11:40 PM)64SUR Wrote: I thought the announcer on Lake Cumberland Sports tonight said. I would have never thought one man would meant this much talking about Qb Kayla Sheron.  Curious did all of Somerset starter played tonight except for  Sheron. Just asking
When you lose your best player and he happens to be the leader and QB of your team. His absence is going to show immensely. Especially when that particular player is a 4 star U.K. commit
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 2 users Like Spud6's post:
  • 64SUR, Deuce8
Does that backup QB normally wear gloves? I haven’t seen many QBs wear them and perform well. I know he was put in a bad spot, and I honestly feel sorry for him. But Somerset has nothing to hang their hat on. Then ever gave up!!! And they have some
Ballers!!! I think a lot of people underestimate Corbin when they are playing well. Probably because they’ve showed up many games kinda vanilla. But tonight they played pretty well outside of some missed coverages, and that blocked punt. Combs fumble I believe led to a Somerset score. But he didn’t let it affect him!! That’s the big thing. He didn’t have a lot of yards but he was 15/18 I think and 2 that were dropped were right on the money!!
  • Deuce8
You are exactly right. The young guys needed this to grow and learn. I don't care what team you are you can't have that many turnovers. Corbin is a very good team. I thought Somerset came out playing well until the turnovers took the wind out. I felt the young secondary did they're best. No injuries other then a lineman not serious. Both teams played well and congratulations. Now on to the playoffs with a full squad. Hopefully both teams will be in Lexington.
[-] The following 2 users Like foozeball80's post:
  • Bull got out!, Hound05
Heard Sheron and Grundy both did not play?? Who else was out for Somerset?
(10-31-2020, 12:03 AM)PHSFarmersMarket Wrote: Heard Sheron and Grundy both did not play?? Who else was out for Somerset?
Grundy played offense, but wasn't much of a factor.
(10-30-2020, 11:59 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: You are exactly right. The young guys needed this to grow and learn.  I don't care what team you are you can't have that many turnovers. Corbin is a very good team. I thought Somerset came out playing well until the turnovers took the wind out. I felt the young secondary did they're best. No injuries other then a lineman not serious. Both teams played well and congratulations. Now on to the playoffs with a full squad. Hopefully both teams will be in Lexington.
Oh yea. If that secondary was young, they’ll benefit from this game more than what they probably even know. And they didn’t play that bad considering that we have 3 WR’s that run around the 4.5 40. Longmire might be below that. I believe wells, who is very under rated ran a 4.5. Then Patterson is a 6”4 big WR. And when you think about it. They didn’t give up a whole lot of yards, just the TDs, which I’m sure they would have liked that to be flip flopped, but that’s still something to be proud of. I thought we might be able to run a little better against that 3-4 D you guys run. But I was surprised.
(10-31-2020, 12:08 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:59 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: You are exactly right. The young guys needed this to grow and learn.  I don't care what team you are you can't have that many turnovers. Corbin is a very good team. I thought Somerset came out playing well until the turnovers took the wind out. I felt the young secondary did they're best. No injuries other then a lineman not serious. Both teams played well and congratulations. Now on to the playoffs with a full squad. Hopefully both teams will be in Lexington.
Oh yea. If that secondary was young, they’ll benefit from this game more than what they probably even know. And they didn’t play that bad considering that we have 3 WR’s that run around the 4.5 40. Longmire might be below that. I believe wells, who is very under rated ran a 4.5. Then Patterson is a 6”4 big WR. And when you think about it. They didn’t give up a whole lot of yards, just the TDs, which I’m sure they would have liked that to be flip flopped, but that’s still something to be proud of. I thought we might be able to run a little better against that 3-4 D you guys run. But I was surprised.
Why is the longmire kid not getting any touches ???? Kid is a player and only targeted like 2-3 times !!
(10-31-2020, 12:15 AM)Deuce8 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 12:08 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
Why is the longmire kid not getting any touches ???? Kid is a player and only targeted like 2-3 times !!
I’ll PM you.
Regardless of outcome. I was impressed with Somerset. I could tell. Very good team. Grundy is very talented. I saw a lot of nice athletes all over the field.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(10-31-2020, 12:28 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Regardless of outcome. I was impressed with Somerset. I could tell. Very good team. Grundy is very talented. I saw a lot of nice athletes all over the field.
I can’t remember the number. But it was that wide receiver that got that huge gain on a nice catch. But he was very talented as well!  And good size too!
(10-31-2020, 12:34 AM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-31-2020, 12:28 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Regardless of outcome. I was impressed with Somerset. I could tell. Very good team. Grundy is very talented. I saw a lot of nice athletes all over the field.
I can’t remember the number. But it was that wide receiver that got that huge gain on a nice catch. But he was very talented as well!  And good size too!
#4 Gavin Stevens
(10-31-2020, 12:03 AM)PHSFarmersMarket Wrote: Heard Sheron and Grundy both did not play?? Who else was out for Somerset?

Grundy played,  but only on offense.  And he had to spend part of the game playing quarterback.   They were also missing Ricky Gilmore. He's their 3rd leading target yardage wise and a starting corner.  With Grundy not playing defense you had 4 members of the secondary out in Sheron, Grundy, Gilmore and Cooper.  A starting offensive linemen was out as well.   So 4 starters on each side of the ball I believe.
Good luck going forward Somerset is a quality program doing things the right way
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Deuce8
(10-30-2020, 11:34 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(10-30-2020, 11:27 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: I'd liked to have seen these 2 teams play at full strength.  Corbin's run defense was stout but I  think Sheron would have been able to have found some holes in the secondary.  Corbin,  except for the blocked punt,  had very good special teams play as well.  The 4 unforced fumbles pretty much decided the game in the 1st half.  I think at full strength this one goes down to the wire.  Oh well,  the important thing is getting everyone back healthy in 2 weeks.  Congrats Hounds.
Yes it would have probably been a different game with him in there. But ya never know. I watched him throw some INTs to LCA last week. But I watched him thread the needle as well. I don’t know what the snap problem was tonight. It was effecting both teams, both teams had snaps come in low all dang night. Lucky for us, we were able to hold on to most of them. But even successful plays on both sides, the snaps were usually really low. 

but like you said. No body got hurt. And both will get better from it. Good luck

The fumbles didn't come on the snap.  It was when the quarterback was cocking his arm to throw.  The ball just kept coming out.   I felt bad for him but he'll get it worked out and be a good one down the road.

No.  On offense you had Sheron, their 3rd leading receiver in Ricky Gilmore and a starting offensive lineman out.  On defense you had 4 members of the secondary out in Sheron, Grundy (he only played offense), Gilmore and Cooper.

(10-31-2020, 01:10 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote:

Grundy played,  but only on offense.  And he had to spend part of the game playing quarterback.   They were also missing Ricky Gilmore. He's their 3rd leading target yardage wise and a starting corner.  With Grundy not playing defense you had 4 members of the secondary out in Sheron, Grundy, Gilmore and Cooper.  A starting offensive linemen was out as well.   So 4 starters on each side of the ball I believe.

I can't math tonight. That would be 3 starters on offense and 4 on defense. Either way, good game by the Redhounds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Walt Longmire's post:
  • 64SUR, CowboyDad
It is what it is, would have liked to have played Somerset at their best but I completely understand sitting the kids they did, if they win it again there’ll be no asterisk denoting loses. That being said this game helped the Hounds, Somerset is well coached and a quality team, this game will pay its dividends for both teams good luck bunnies I hope you bring another one to the house!!
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Deuce8, Walt Longmire
Don’t know where to start. Played well for 1 quarter and then the wheels came off.

Much like the LCA game, they payed well for one quarter and not so much the other 3.

I guess they spent their juju on Danville.

I dunno. I’ll regroup after I rewatch the game but that announcer maybe was right. Kaiya is a huge part of what they do. Maybe so huge the OC learned a lot tonight about play calling and how to adjust after this season’s class graduates. I hope.
I disagree. No whaeels fell off. The LCA game we got players hurt, come from 14 down to take the lead to lose by 7 to a great team. Tonight all those guys but Grundy weren't dressed. As bad as some parents don't want to agree most of those sophomores and freshman aren't ready. 90 percent of the penalties, turnovers are the young guys because they're learning. Did you see how small they are compared to our seniors and Corbin? They got to grow and hit proper football conditioning and weight lifting. Not 3 or 4 all of them need to be in the gym. Half of the starters started last year. Somerset will be fine. With all our starters we can get back to Lexington. Corbin was the worse game to play these young. Great for experience, but bad because they are very good. Nothing to say but get healthy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • Deuce8
I’ll disagree.

6 turnovers and the wheels fell off. Especially when you take a lead early and give up 6 unanswered scores. Putting the defense on the field for most of the game on short fields because of turnovers hurt. Blame youth and inexperience is fine some of that isn’t just it.

The penalties weren’t mostly on the younger ones. The 2 false starts on a senior , 1 block in the back by a junior and 1 personal foul on a senior.

Will I agree they need time and healing? Yes. Can they make it back to Lexington? Sure.
(10-31-2020, 02:34 AM)CowboyDad Wrote: Don’t know where to start. Played well for 1 quarter and then the wheels came off.

Much like the LCA game, they payed well for one quarter and not so much the other 3.

I guess they spent their juju on Danville.

I dunno. I’ll regroup after I rewatch the game but that announcer maybe was right. Kaiya is a huge part of what they do. Maybe so huge the OC learned a lot tonight about play calling and how to adjust after this season’s class graduates. I hope.
Every time we turned it over ,the ball Fell out of the qb hands inside the 30 
and they scored on a short field.
No wheels came off... we battled all night and even had a few stops after turning it over inside the 30... How does this have any thing to do with the OC and his ability to call plays ... that’s a stupid statement!!! Kids battled and 6 turnovers inside your own 30 can be a little demoralizing.
(10-30-2020, 11:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
It’ll probably set a few bunnie fans off, but I still think we would have won by 10-12 even if he did play
Not set off, but that is an easy statement to make given the circumstances.