Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Campbell Co 14 Pikeville 8
(10-02-2020, 11:52 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: The main thing is rest & rehabilitation. Coming from a past perry/hazard fan alumn. There's not too many teams in the state that can compete with you at full health aside from Johnson lol but yeah things happen its not the end of the world. streaks end it happens. Be selfish take this as a lesson and CONTINUE GETTING BETTER everyday. You will be surprised how Much a 10 minute jog or lift pays off for you young guys between games. You just gotta want it. And anyone considering this an upset I got two words for ya.....

(10-03-2020, 01:07 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: This post game analysis is so confusing.  Did all of you stop at Solid Platinum on the way home?

We're not big spenders so we went with Deja Vu instead.  Yeah their skanky but the $10 drinks help with that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PHSFAN's post:
  • BoondockSaint
(10-03-2020, 01:07 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: This post game analysis is so confusing.  Did all of you stop at Solid Platinum on the way home?
Big Grin I love a jokester!
Like I said last week. Anytime 6A plays 1A, it’s a tough row to hoe for the 1A School no matter how good they are. Coach Mac and staff will get these boys better from this. I have complete trust in them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HAIL PIKEVILLE!'s post:
  • BoondockSaint
(10-03-2020, 01:20 AM)HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote: Like I said last week. Anytime 6A plays 1A, it’s a tough row to hoe for the 1A School no matter how good they are. Coach Mac and staff will get these boys better from this. I have complete trust in them.

Pikeville has a great team. They will be a tough out in the 1A playoffs. I expect that Pikeville will be in Lexvegas in December.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GOREDDEVILS's post:
  • HAIL PIKEVILLE!
This doesn’t change my opinion of Pikeville for a single second.

JP- ain’t nobody buying it. Pikeville is still the team to beat in 1A.

Get healthy everyone.
Doesn't change my mind on Pikeville either. I expect them to be one of the last two teams standing, which is why I see it as an upset. From reading the above, sounds like it was kind of a trap game (injuries and another long travel against a larger school). I agree with the comment about Campbell Co usually being competitive in most games, but they went 1-10 last year and mostly lopsided. This year, they were 1-2 coming in and looking fairly solid while under the radar. (A good win over Cooper and losses to Conner and Oldham Co which are both quality teams). It wouldn't be outrageous to think 95% would've picked Pikeville to win.

Great programs don't like losing at any time, but this doesn't hurt Pikeville one bit in obtaining their ultimate goal. 1A still appears to be a two team race at this point.
4 Starts out for PIkeville??? this now makes more sense, because Campbell Co is not a very good football team and Pikeville should have won this game easily.
Camels tore off Superman's cape. Jet pilot is sandbagging. Panthers are still 2 scores better than anybody else in 1A
I sent a message last week that if anything I have learned in over 40 years of HS football is that Northern Ky football is so very solid.... to even thing Pike could go there and beat up on. 6A school is crazy.... and yet not one person even responded.... experience is important.... PHS will be fine, good experience for them...
After watching the game this morning.

Campbell County has a perfect gameplan and their kids executed precisely. Pikeville’s oline couldn’t block those quick d lineman and get to the second level and pick up those linebackers that were quick as well. The defense held to 14 points and when you say that, you immediately think pikeville wins the game. But that offense tonight figured out what it’s like not having those intangibles like last season and finally faced some adversity. And not having Nate running the ball tokoght really hurt as well because Nate rocks them to sleep and then Blake comes in and busts the big run. But the pass game has got to be figured out and find another weapon. Lockhart on the seam route and just deep post routes aren’t gonna beat the tough teams that can match athleticism but no one can in 1A so I guess that’s a good thing.

But coach Mac and his staff probably loved losing this one early to get their team back ready to go and we all know that pikeville always is way better at the end of the season than others when it comes to progressing through the season.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Really