Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KHSAA Approves Option 1
(08-23-2020, 02:21 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Dictator Andy. Hope all these kids remember who took their season and get his tail out of office come next election. Would love to have Bevin right now.

Did I miss something overnight? I have seen a few post this morning and this one indicating like they have cancelled Football in Kentucky.
(08-23-2020, 11:01 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 02:21 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Dictator Andy. Hope all these kids remember who took their season and get his tail out of office come next election. Would love to have Bevin right now.

Did I miss something overnight? I have seen a few post this morning and this one indicating like they have cancelled Football in Kentucky.

It’s not been verified but I’ve seen where there’s been reports it’s been leaked it will be. We know how it’s gonna go though. Andy’s gonna push it back to Sept 28th. Then the liberal KEA is gonna cry about not wanting to go back and school will continue to be pushed back along with football.
Here is my 2 cents on the situation.
Andy will recommend to local districts to push back start to Oct 1.
Jefferson County will cancel season and others will be pressured to decide.
What will your county superintendent do?
(08-23-2020, 11:34 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 11:01 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

It’s not been verified but I’ve seen where there’s been reports it’s been leaked it will be. We know how it’s gonna go though. Andy’s gonna push it back to Sept 28th. Then the liberal KEA is gonna cry about not wanting to go back and school will continue to be pushed back along with football.

Are you serious?  Lord I hope not, cant keep doing this to the players and Coaches
Emperor Andy isn’t going against KEA they got the POS elected. He goes against them he will be done. He will do as they want I’m sure of it. While acting like he cares for the kids just like the KEA what a crock!
Mine are going to WV
There's supposed to be a #LetUsPlay rally on Monday morning (8/24) at the Capitol around 10am.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Jefferson County and Fayette County are proposing plans tonight to delay two weeks. $10 says Andy dandy pushes that.
It will all depend on what Andy says at his PC today.
Still think he will "recommend" pushing things back and leave it in the hands of the superintendents.
(08-24-2020, 03:42 PM)Tommy2tone Wrote: It will all depend on what Andy says at his PC today.
Still think he will "recommend" pushing things back and leave it in the hands of the superintendents.

Think you might be right about the Superintendents, but heard Andy was staying out of it.
Looks like Andy has decided to let fall sports continue, and not get involved.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Deuce8
I'm waiting on the apologies, or the reason for not apologizing can't wait to here theses excuses-lol

Apologies is the wrong word, who going to admit they were wrong.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Gitback Coach, HCS
ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN THE BLUEGRASSSSSSSSS
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSFarmersMarket's post:
  • Deuce8, New2Town
See, I have said we would play the whole time for months. Now, I’m glad we can focus on our season. Good luck to everyone! Some of you need a little more FAITH.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
LMAO I don’t remember you saying it exactly that way, but it’s your story tell it how you want to, I’m just ready to see our boys on the field, really didn’t understand just how much talent we have till the other day, gonna be a fun year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Appears that a lot of peoples "sources" need to be checked a little more thorough regarding leaked information from Gov. office after today's announcement - lol
[-] The following 2 users Like eky.sports.fan's post:
  • Gitback Coach, HCS
Never been so happy to eat my words. PLAY BALL!
[-] The following 4 users Like FootballFan1999's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, Deuce8
Same here, my words taste good today. I would have bet the moon on Andy letting us down. Now we have to stay healthy so these kids can play, not kicked off yet.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, Bull got out!, FootballFan1999, New2Town
TD, I’m just happy these boys get to play. Come sit by me about 6 feet lol we will talk about it in person. As a parent of a senior, you have to keep positive, this is our last go around. Go Redhounds!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
I already knew it was, but no one can tell me Football isn't the greatest game ever! People were losing there minds.lol-
It's more than just a game
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115
(08-24-2020, 06:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: See, I have said we would play the whole time  for months. Now, I’m glad we can focus on our season. Good luck to everyone! Some of you need a little more FAITH.

(08-24-2020, 09:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: TD, I’m just happy these boys get to play. Come sit by me about 6 feet lol we will talk about it in person. As a parent of a senior, you have to keep positive, this is our last go around. Go Redhounds!
Just jerking your chain a little bit, I’m as happy as anyone for these boys and can’t wait to see your boy have a big year, hopefully he goes out with a bang, the talent is definitely there
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
Governor - CHECK
KHSAA - CHECK

Two of the main hurdles for Fall sports to be played have now been cleared.

Not sure if the K.D.E. can make their own recommendation or if they fall under Beshear's announcement yesterday, but having the Governor & the governing body for high school athletics agreeing that Fall sports can take place was awesome.

Not trying to being a Debbie Downer, but we gotta be real and understand that other entities still have Veto power.  The biggest two main possible detractors are School Boards & Health Departments.

Like we are seeing with the JCPS school board voting to delay the start of football by one week.
https://www.wdrb.com/sports/jcps-board-d...25d04.html

Fayette County voted to follow to KHSAA guidelines.
https://www.wkyt.com/2020/08/25/fayette-...ll-sports/

It is fair to say that if any school district or individual school sees a spike in cases, that they will suspend all activity for that sport.
Not 100% sure who's gonna have the final say on how many spectators are gonna be allowed at games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Gitback Coach
I don't think anyone had one real "report" or "source."
That's one big negative to social media - people don't know what real news is anymore. Your nephew's buddy, who used to coach at Podunk HIgh, isn't a real source. Neither is the guy who has been complaining about it all since March.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HCS's post:
  • New2Town
I’ll give the governor credit. Thank you.
Great to see these kids get to play.
Don’t know if anyone has thought about this , I hadn’t until today, but can insurance companies step in and say it’s to risky and costly and we aren’t going to give you school coverage or is it mandatory they do?
I wouldn't get too excited... Chances of playing are still pretty slim, imo. Ole Andy now knows more than the CDC and thinks their new guidelines for testing are "reckless, inexplicable". These guidelines were a HUGE positive for Fall Sports and returning to school.
So ole Andy is gonna try and pull a fast one...... he doesn't wanna lose the votes he got from the public school employees and their friends & family. He's gonna have the K.D.E. meet in a special session on Friday. Even though he said he wouldn't change the ruling that the KHSAA passed last week.... that doesn't mean that he can't have one of his many boards/agencies with Veto power make the ruling he wants.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/not-so-fast-...f5959.html

Andy.... you're not fooling anybody!!!!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Tommy2tone, WhomTheBellTolls
^ Yep, that's exactly it Pulp... that is the plan of action from Ole Andy... KDE step in and squash it all because it goes against his magic 9/28 date...
I just knew Andy would find a way.
All he talks about is how many under 18 is positive.