Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KHSAA Approves Option 1
Thumbs Up 
Playball!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Deuce8's post:
  • torQQue

this is the link to the live meeting with KHSAA.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vols0528's post:
  • Deuce8
Looks like we will play !!!!!!
????????
yes they are going to play

they are currently voting on allowing basketball to start on the 15th of october and russell thompson has a motion on the floor to allow high profile players to participate in aau until oct 15.
"L" for the bernie-bros
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Deuce8
https://www.wkyt.com/2020/08/20/watch-kh...ll-sports/

(WKYT/WYMT) - The KHSAA will move forward with the current plan on fall sports.

The motion passed 16 to 2 to move forward with Option 1. The plan calls for practices to start August 24 with football openers on September 11.

The plan will still need approval from Governor Andy Beshear and the Kentucky Department of Education.

The Board of Control also voted 15 to 3 against Option 2. For Option 2, the first competition would have started the week of September 28 for all fall sports. The first Friday for football would play would have been October 2.

Option 3 was also shot down. The board voted against it 13 to 5. that option would have allowed cross country and field hockey to start as planned with practice on August 24 and competition on September 7. Football, volleyball and soccer would move back three weeks to start competitions on September 28.

The KHSAA will not make any decision on postseason play until their next meeting in September, as well as if there are any changes in COVID-19 numbers or feedback from other groups.

The statement in bold & red is gonna be what holds everything up.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Let’s goooooooooooooooo

Now we just wait to see what fans in the stands are going to look like or even if they are allowed. Anyone heard anything about that yet?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
So the KHSAA has voted on option 1 and moving forward with fall sports. (Thank goodness) My question is, can the KDE, or the Governor override this and not allow sports this fall?
(08-20-2020, 02:31 PM)Cat Daddy Wrote: So the KHSAA has voted on option 1 and moving forward with fall sports. (Thank goodness) My question is, can the KDE, or the Governor override this and not allow sports this fall?

I'm pretty positive that the Governor and/or the KY. D.O.E. can override the KHSAA.
Has anyone checked on JamesClay and the rest of the Coronabros society? I’d say they’re praying their savior Andy intervenes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tomcat Pride's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
My guess is the Ky. D.O.E. & Beshear will probably make a joint statement in the next few days.
Not a given that all school Districts are going to play. I no and most on here knows its safer to have sports and not be in school, but that is going to be a hard sell for a school board to justify it, I can see the point either way
Liability insurance was brought up... they did find a company to cover. It is roughly 10K more though. I do not know if that is per school or not does anyone have any idea?

I agree with this statement. Again, worry about coaches and the liability issues. The school boards have proven that they know there is a potential risk, thus the shutting down. A kid or a fan gets sick before the September 28th deadline what happens to the coach, AD, school district? I do not know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mr.fundamental's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Tackett and the BOC had better hope Andy or KDE save them from this bad decision. The testing procedures for these high school athletes is woeful. There is not a chance that zero players will test positive when the testing is done accurate. The insurance is not worth the paper is written on. Now the decision will rest with parents, local boards and superintendents. They cannot be happy with Tackett for folding to peer pressure. I predict he will be unemployed by the end of the year. Remember, there is no bubble for these kids and their families.
[-] The following 1 user Likes WinkWinkler's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Is there a dislike button?
Tackett was clear on the zoom meeting that YES Buttshear, ( the legislature, or executive branches) could go against them. He also said that they had to be approved by the health department as well. He basically said, " based on the conversations and meetings I have had with them I already have an idea what they will allow and what they will not allow". I do believe that was geared more towards attendance.

He made it clear that if you schedule a rival in the front of your schedule " that would not be very smart as your not going to get the turn out you want versus if you wait until later in the year". He was clear about transitiioning the numbers of attendance. He felt the health department would be on board with that.

He said that if something were to come to pass with " any announcements from the executive or legislature" that they would convene another meeting as early as monday.

I think from watching it, the KHSAA did what they needed to do from a PR standpoint as to say " NOT IT" should they get shut down. Just my opnion from watching it.

he also said that we wont know the ramifications from this for 5 to 10 years but that they didn't feel they had that long to wait. His quote not mine

i was informed by a coach out east that Beshears son was playing travel baseball. So seems a little hypocritical that its ok for his boy to play ball but not YOUR kids. Just my opnion
Don’t get your hope up. Governor just said he will think about it.
Ole Andy just compared the KHSAA's decision to kids making a decision to eat ice cream every night...
(08-20-2020, 05:31 PM)Tigerallamerican Wrote: Ole Andy just compared the KHSAA's decision to kids making a decision to eat ice cream every night...

He's an idiot.
[-] The following 4 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Deuce8, Pulp Fiction, rookie57
My guess emperor Andy won’t let this stand.....

I hope that he does but just don’t see it.
Calling it a stupid decision without really coming out and saying it. Far as I'm concerned the decision has been made 98% of us have been waiting on this day for months. so let the games begin. I'm still safety first, so if its a outbreak I'm all for shutting it down, they are still kids.
I’m hearing no fans early on just like the pros but who knows, the same person who told me this was correct about the kids getting the go ahead from the khsaa but hope he’s wrong about the attendance. He said at best parents and siblings of the players and cheerleaders only and of course school employees but everyone else not allowed on campus for the games. You hear everything but this came from a coach and was just his opinion on what attendance may look like early.
Looks like Andy is gonna veto the approval.
I am thankful that khsaa board acted like adults and handled this the way they did. They didn’t make it political, based it on their research. As to Andy, he knows he has shot himself in the foot come next election and is going to try to break kentucky and it’s economy while playing dictator. He let his son play baseball, I know it isn’t a close contact sport but he didn’t restrict his son why does he think he can ours. He has killed more kids than Covid ever will during lockdown by allowing abortion clinics to remain open.
[-] The following 6 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Bull got out!, Deuce8, JC_Alum, jetpilot, New2Town, torQQue
About time someone showed some sense. Good move KHSAA!
[-] The following 1 user Likes PondCreekToWestwood's post:
  • Deuce8
I think the KHSAA just kinda of kicked it to the Governor. Kinda like playing tag and Andy’s it the people won’t be able to go back to the Khsaa for not passing it. Andy wanted it and now it’s on him. If he cancels or postponed sports now people will go nuts
[-] The following 1 user Likes Runrunrun's post:
  • Deuce8
(08-20-2020, 04:38 PM)WinkWinkler Wrote: Tackett and the BOC had better hope Andy or KDE save them from this bad decision.  The testing procedures for these high school athletes is woeful.  There is not a chance that zero players will test positive when the testing is done accurate. The insurance is not worth the paper is written on. Now the decision will rest with parents, local boards and superintendents. They cannot be happy with Tackett for folding to peer pressure. I predict he will be unemployed by the end of the year. Remember, there is no bubble for these kids and their families.

I bet you walk around with a bubble on your head
[-] The following 4 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Bull got out!, CowboyDad, Deuce8, Gitback Coach
Come on Bossdaddy its not that serious, talking about killing kids and abortion clinics being open. This is a high school sports forum ease up. Not taking up for him, but he does take his kid off the field when he doesn't feel like it is safe. Wonder what some would do if they were Governor during a Pandemic. The same thing he has been doing! Don't quote me on this, but I believe I heard on the news tonight that Kentucky and Georgia have the most counties with hot spots in the US, that right there could have gave him the right do shut Fall sports down today and he didn't9not yet anyway). I want Football like the next guy. but have to be smart. A lot of people just want Football for there enjoyment, could careless about the kids or there families
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • Gitback Coach
No kids are dying from Covid. Parents that don’t want their kids to play, that’s their choice. Kids are suffering far worse from the restrictions then from the virus.
This describes idiot Andy as well, it's all political...

https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1296629091488223233
[-] The following 3 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Deuce8, Sportsdadof2, whatasave