Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KHSAA Approves Option 1
(08-20-2020, 10:40 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Come on Bossdaddy its not that serious, talking about killing kids and abortion clinics being open. This is a high school sports forum ease up.  Not taking up for him, but he does take his kid off the field when he doesn't feel like it is safe.  Wonder what some would do if they were Governor during a Pandemic.  The same thing he has been doing! Don't quote me on this, but I believe I heard on the news tonight that Kentucky and Georgia have the most counties with hot spots in the US, that right there could have gave him the right do shut Fall sports down today and he didn't9not yet anyway).  I want Football like the next guy. but have to be smart.  A  lot of people just want Football for there enjoyment, could careless about the kids or there families

That's a lie, Beshear released false info on purpose...we are being lied to.
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • rookie57, whatasave
So Kentucky has hot spots? Would it be in Louisville where peaceful protests has taken place week in and week out? If the cause is worth the risk as someone said let the parents decide if the risk worht the cause.
[-] The following 2 users Like olreb's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, Deuce8
He (the governor) approved travel ball, summer ball for most if not all sports this summer. I don't see an issue with it as long as everyone follows the CDC guidelines.

Let's get the ball rolling and have some sports!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(08-20-2020, 10:40 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Come on Bossdaddy its not that serious, talking about killing kids and abortion clinics being open. This is a high school sports forum ease up.  Not taking up for him, but he does take his kid off the field when he doesn't feel like it is safe.  Wonder what some would do if they were Governor during a Pandemic.  The same thing he has been doing! Don't quote me on this, but I believe I heard on the news tonight that Kentucky and Georgia have the most counties with hot spots in the US, that right there could have gave him the right do shut Fall sports down today and he didn't9not yet anyway).  I want Football like the next guy. but have to be smart.  A  lot of people just want Football for there enjoyment, could careless about the kids or there families

Your are half right it is about the kids and this is a high school football forum.  He allowed summer sports cause it was to his advantage, he pulled his kid because people was taking photos and he got caught with his mask halfway on.  Fact check it....

I used the abortion statement because more children died in Kentucky during our lockdown than will die if Covid stayed around till 2024.  Pay attention to what is going on around you, blue states are letting killers out on the street because jails have Covid.  Didn’t know mask don’t work in jails or churches.  Also 500 protesting, looting and beating people to death is ok but tackle football isn’t.  You don’t have to quote me next time I will be looking for your response.
[-] The following 4 users Like Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • Deuce8, Gitback Coach, New2Town, olreb
Seems to me that they just passed the buck to the Governor.  Make him be the bad guy and postpone fall sports again.  They were to afraid to have the meeting in person but expect kids and fans to congregate?  Bad look by the BOC.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

[-] The following 3 users Like Poseidon's post:
  • Gitback Coach, mr.fundamental, New2Town
so if no fans are allowed, how many can actually play due to costs?

If it is political and as everyone on this forum agrees it would be political suicide for the Governor to stop it and he does stop it. Does that mean he put the interest of the kids instead of his political career. What does that say about him?

Bossdaddy argument forgets that women probably would have abortions in back allies putting the women themselves also in harms way? We know this has happened in the past, at least that is what I have been told because Roe V. Wade has been law of the land way before I was born. This is kinda of like why did the Governor allow liquor stores to be open in March or April.

How does the KHSAA say to play a contact sport when most districts will not meet till the 28th of September? They kicked the can down to the Governor and Dr. Stack.

I do not envy them. Just think about this we went from, this virus is a joke, to we will have it beat in a month, to now 176,000 people have died from it with no end in sight.

May God protect each of you and your love ones. I sure do like this site as it is a good break from the day.

BossDaddy come over to the politcal post. I will be more than happy to discuss this with you! I will even title it Bossdaddy.
(08-20-2020, 11:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This describes idiot Andy as well, it's all political...

https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1296629091488223233

Well here is a political statement for you. If Governor Andy over rules this. I will not vote for him next time. I'm sure there are many that feel this way. He only won by a short number last time. Let them play.
[-] The following 2 users Like JustThinking's post:
  • jetpilot, New2Town
(08-21-2020, 01:11 AM)JuicedMtnGoat Wrote: Seems to me that they just passed the buck to the Governor.  Make him be the bad guy and postpone fall sports again.  They were to afraid to have the meeting in person but expect kids and fans to congregate?  Bad look by the BOC.

Did not pass buck, actually did the opposite and voted and stood for what the majority of people in Kentucky want to see happen.   As for not meeting in person, I think you will see a lot of what use to be in person meetings stay virtual even after the virus panic passes, for no other reason then it saves time and money.
[-] The following 1 user Likes kai's post:
  • Poseidon
I respect your opinion.

Important to remember opinions are a right everyone has.  But that does not make one any more important than the other.

Thumbnail(s)

(08-21-2020, 01:53 AM)mr.fundamental Wrote: so if no fans are allowed, how many can actually play due to costs?

If it is political and as everyone on this forum agrees it would be political suicide for the Governor to stop it and he does stop it. Does that mean he put the interest of the kids instead of his political career. What does that say about him?

Bossdaddy argument forgets that women probably would have abortions in back allies putting the women themselves also in harms way? We know this has happened in the past, at least that is what I have been told because Roe V. Wade has been law of the land way before I was born. This is  kinda of like why did the Governor allow liquor stores to be open in March or April.

How does the KHSAA say to play a contact sport when most districts will not meet till the 28th of September? They kicked the can down to the Governor and Dr. Stack.

I do not envy them. Just think about this we went from, this virus is a joke, to we will have it beat in a month, to now 176,000 people have died from it with no end in sight.

May God protect each of you and your love ones. I sure do like this site as it is a good break from the day.

BossDaddy come over to the politcal post. I will be more than happy to discuss this with you! I will even title it Bossdaddy.

I think you missing the point it’s not just about the abortions, it’s the fact you couldn’t get a haircut, your teeth cleaned by a dentist, go to a chiropractor, etc. yet you could get an abortion.  Why is the governor’s son allowed to play travel ball but other sports face threats of being canceled?  And why in the name of all that is holly are people allowed to protest burn, loot, and steal while parents are fighting to send their kids to school.  Our society has become so politically correct it has weakened our resolve, yes life is precious and I hate seeing anyone pass away but our ancestors didn’t make it this far holed up in a basement hid out afraid of the sunlight.  There’s danger in the world besides corona, it’s a pretty pathetic life for someone to just sit around and wonder when and how they’re gonna go and not leave home because of it.  I’m not all anti Andy, actually thought he was doing a bang up job when all this started, after he started turning into a hypocrite is when he lost me.  The KHSAA done exactly what they should have done and that’s what they felt was the best for high school football period.  Anyway I’m off the soap box now regardless of your political views or affiliations I hope everyone has a great corona free weekend cause at the end of the day it don’t care what party your supporting, neither does Father Time, nor the grim reaper.

(08-21-2020, 08:49 AM)JustThinking Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 11:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: This describes idiot Andy as well, it's all political...

https://twitter.com/Outkick/status/1296629091488223233

Well here is a political statement for you. If Governor Andy over rules this. I will not vote for him next time. I'm sure there are many that feel this way. He only won by a short number last time. Let them play.

Whats sad is that there may not be anyone else worth voting for next time either, I almost played Rock Paper Scissors in the booth when trying to decide between him and Bevin
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Deuce8
Any word on when Andy will approve or disapprove?
(08-21-2020, 03:48 PM)PHSFarmersMarket Wrote: Any word on when Andy will approve or disapprove?

You would think it would have to be this weekend since football is set to start on Monday. I wonder if they can proceed on Monday without his blessing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Gitback Coach
No bubble on my head. Mask on my face, 6 ft apart and common sense.
(08-20-2020, 11:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Came from the Whitehouse

(08-21-2020, 12:08 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:

Your are half right it is about the kids and this is a high school football forum.  He allowed summer sports cause it was to his advantage, he pulled his kid because people was taking photos and he got caught with his mask halfway on.  Fact check it....

I used the abortion statement because more children died in Kentucky during our lockdown than will die if Covid stayed around till 2024.  Pay attention to what is going on around you, blue states are letting killers out on the street because jails have Covid.  Didn’t know mask don’t work in jails or churches.  Also 500 protesting, looting and beating people to death is ok but tackle football isn’t.  You don’t have to quote me next time I will be looking for your response.
Who got beat to death?  I know zero about politics do not even discuss them.  There hasn't been any big protest in weeks, and what would you have done differently if you were Govenor? If you didnt know if mask work in jails or churches, ask the other Governors why they recommended the same?

Just now seen no practice in Fayette Co Monday. Having a meeting Monday night to discuss moving forward, Superintendent said our Faculty and students are more important than sports- Wow-
As a 8/19/2020 the CDC reports the following for children aged 0-14 

CDC COVID-19 Death Counts by Sex, Age

* There has been 108 total Flu deaths in this age group in 2020

* There has been 56 total Covid deaths in the age group in 2020

That stats show that the Flu is more deadly to our youth than Covid. The Flu death rate for this age group was even higher in 2018 and 2019, yet we never cancelled schools or football seasons? 

Another strange fact is the Total Death Rate even during a supposed pandemic has remained virtually identical over the last 20 years. Total death rate for 2020 is right at 8.880 compared to 8.782 in 2019. 

United States - Historical Death Rate Data

What is really going on here, Andy?  Are you going to stop these kids from playing football over a virus that is less dangerous than the flu? 
[-] The following 1 user Likes whatasave's post:
  • Deuce8
Has any one heard that Lexington and Louisville board of education has put stop to fall sports?
I have read that Lexington Board Of Education is having a meeting Monday evening to discuss Football. I personally take that as news that they may come up with a plan to make it happen.
(08-21-2020, 10:02 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Came from the Whitehouse

Who got beat to death?  I know zero about politics do not even discuss them.  There hasn't been any big protest in weeks, and what would you have done differently if you were Govenor? If you didnt know if mask work in jails or churches, ask the other Governors why they recommended the same?

Just now seen no practice in Fayette Co Monday.  Having a meeting Monday night to discuss moving forward, Superintendent said our Faculty and students are more important than sports- Wow-
States having the most counties in the U.S.: 1. Texas, 2. Georgia, 3. Virginia, and 4. Kentucky. It is misleading to use the number of counties with hotspots to compare states because the size of counties and population density matter. I live in a Virginia county having a population of more than 1.1 million. Using the Beshear comparison, my county counts the same as the smallest county in Kentucky. I suspect that math was not Beshear's best subject - or maybe it was and he just likes to lie using meaningless statistics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-22-2020, 11:58 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

That's a lie, Beshear released false info on purpose...we are being lied 

Came from the Whitehouse

Just now seen no practice in Fayette Co Monday.  Having a meeting Monday night to discuss moving forward, Superintendent said our Faculty and students are more important than sports- Wow-
States having the most counties in the U.S.: 1. Texas, 2. Georgia, 3. Virginia, and 4. Kentucky. It is misleading to use the number of counties with hotspots to compare states because the size of counties and population density matter. I live in a Virginia county having a population of more than 1.1 million. Using the Beshear comparison, my county counts the same as the smallest county in Kentucky. I suspect that math was not Beshear's best subject - or maybe it was and he just likes to lie using meaningless statistics.
What I thought I heard came from the Whitehouse not Beshear, thats why I said, don't quote me on this.
I think that a lot of players will be transferring to surrounding states next week.
(08-20-2020, 05:17 PM)cadets1988 Wrote: Tackett was clear on the zoom meeting that YES Buttshear, ( the legislature, or executive branches) could go against them.  He also said that they had to be approved by the health department as well.  He basically said, " based on the conversations and meetings I have had with them I already have an idea what they will allow and what they will not allow".  I do believe that was geared more towards attendance. 

He made it clear that if you schedule a rival in the front of your schedule " that would not be very smart as your not going to get the turn out you want versus if you wait until later in the year".  He was clear about transitiioning the numbers of attendance.  He felt the health department would be on board with that. 

He said that if something were to come to pass with " any announcements from the executive or legislature" that they would convene another meeting as early as monday. 

I think from watching it, the KHSAA did what they needed to do from a PR standpoint as to say " NOT IT" should they get shut down.    Just my opnion from watching it.

he also said that we wont know the ramifications from this for 5 to 10 years but that they didn't feel they had that long to wait.  His quote not mine

i was informed by a coach out east that Beshears son was playing travel baseball.  So seems a little hypocritical that its ok for his boy to play ball but not YOUR kids.  Just my opnion
My daughter has played travel ball all summer and I’ve been told by people that I trust that yes Andy has been to watch his son play travel ball in at least 3 different states this summer and maskless, this was even mentioned in the KHSAA board meeting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-22-2020, 01:12 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

That's a lie, Beshear released false info on purpose...we are being lied 

Came from the Whitehouse

What I thought I heard came from the Whitehouse not Beshear, thats why I said, don't quote me on this.
Sorry, I thought you meant Beshear may have been relying on information from the Whitehouse. There is a lot of disinformation coming from every level of government as elected officials blame each other for the pandemic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
I’ll say it again.If we aren’t going to school there should be no sports! No way can anybody justify keeping kids from their education because of a virus that has over a 90% survival rate ....but then say it’s ok to play sports. Idk fellas nothing about this feels right to me.
(08-22-2020, 07:36 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I’ll say it again.If we aren’t going to school there should be no sports! No way can anybody justify keeping kids from their education because of a virus that has over a 90% survival rate ....but then say it’s ok to play sports. Idk fellas nothing about this feels right to me.

Understand, I have been going back and forth on it myself, but I really think they are more safe without school, only around your own set of players and can social distance for the most part until game time and you are in open space.  In school around about 1,000 for 7hrs in a confined space, but agree it morally doesn't like right.
(08-22-2020, 07:23 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(08-22-2020, 01:12 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 11:33 PM)jetpilot Wrote: That's a lie, Beshear released false info on purpose...we are being lied 

Came from the Whitehouse

(08-21-2020, 12:08 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Your are half right it is about the kids and this is a high school football forum.  He allowed summer sports cause it was to his advantage, he pulled his kid because people was taking photos and he got caught with his mask halfway on.  Fact check it....

Sorry, I thought you meant Beshear may have been relying on information from the Whitehouse. There is a lot of disinformation coming from every level of government as elected officials blame each other for the pandemic.

(08-22-2020, 07:36 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I’ll say it again.If we aren’t going to school there should be no sports! No way can anybody justify keeping kids from their education because of a virus that has over a 90% survival rate ....but then say it’s ok to play sports. Idk fellas nothing about this feels right to me.
Two wrongs don't make a right...
Thankful to live on the border with two states that are playing football for my kids.
Dictator Andy. Hope all these kids remember who took their season and get his tail out of office come next election. Would love to have Bevin right now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • whatasave
I have been back and forth to Tennessee several times this summer, and the tourist destinations are absolutely packed with Cars from KY. I think the vast majority of citizens are done with COVID, they are at a point where they'll take their chances on getting it, they are done sitting in fear and watching life pass them by. The economy is just now really starting to reel, all that credit card debt, and the debt folks piled on for entertainment purposes has come home, now it's time to pay up. I've done my best to see this from every positive position but every day that passes I believe it's the radical left trying to end Patriotic America. The day you are committing a hate crime by supporting public servants is a sad day. Every day that passes I'm realizing the party that I have belonged to my whole life is the problem, I will never cast another vote for the party as it currently is..... Let the kids and parents decide if it's safe to play, government needs to back off our individual freedoms.
[-] The following 3 users Like Oldtiger's post:
  • Deuce8, EastKYProud, Hoot Gibson
If I were a talented player living in SEKY I’d go ahead and transfer to TN. They’d find a way to house you. Same if I lived in the Louisville area I’d go to Indiana. No point in missing a season getting no film. Go play a year and if you’re not a Senior come back the next year.