Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KHSAA Approves Option 1
^ yep, suddenly all these under 18 positives have came out of nowhere and are the primary focus.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Creeker's post:
  • Glazier
In March & April, Andy was a well-respected Governor. His daily briefings and press conferences were the talk of the state.... at 5pm, the majority of Kentucky was tuned in to listen to the updates.

Fast forward a few months and Ole Andy isn't liking that the plebeians are seeing through his diarrhea of the mouth.

Years down the road when Ms. Rona wraps it up.... we will look back and say that nobody really knew anything. Some people were making educated guesses and the others were making it up as they went along.

I admit I do not have the all of the correct answers to the Coronavirus response.... but what I do know is this, if other states that border our state are playing, there is no reason why we can't be playing.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
https://education.ky.gov/KBE/memb/Pages/default.aspx

Here are the K.D.E. board members.....
Just sent my email to KDE - light their server up guys.
Real question not being snarky. So schools have opened and closed due to virus already, thinking of Lexington Catholic I think there were others but not sure. I know practices have been cancelled for some teams in different regions. Do you think that should play a factor? At what point does it play a factor? In Florida and Mississippi we now know kids carry the virus? Florida over 9K and in Mississippi every school district has it. In Tennessee, we do no know much, they did have a game last Friday! We will see. I think this deals more with a liability issue than anything else

So the schools have said that it was unsafe to start till the 28th under the Governor's recommendation. So what happens when Joey gets the virus. Parents sue because of negligence of the school and coach. They allow the student to participate and because they trusted the professional judgement of school and coach to start. As pointed out we do not know long term causes. How could a school district or coach confidently say that is ok to play. We know about the flu. Coaches easily use professional judgement on that.

I also want to point out KHSAA said in its board of directors meeting that there is no liability insurance for this matter.

Also having parents signing a waiver, does the coach have to report that parent to social services as mandated by law for abuse, if a coach does not they lose their certificate if they suspect abuse and do not report it also teachers as well. We simply do not know about the virus. This could be a litigation nightmare . As coaches, they need clarification.

Now lets talk about monies. Frankfort Highschool has already came out and said no fans in the stands. Is this the recommendation of the KHSAA? Also, if their are no fans how do we fund the sports programs and all of them, remember title 9 and the red book which is a headache in its self.

I do think we can have football, even though looking at other schools in the state, I start to question it more each day. I did forget to mention Indiana does have football and did mention Tennessee.
I am not arguing, I would like the above questions to be discussed. I think that is why looking at the agenda before board members can speak, the superintendents are speaking, I would bet it has to do with liability.

I look forward to reading and please notice I am being respectful.
If school's take reasonable measures to minimize the risk to students and players, I seriously doubt that there is any serious liability risk from reopening schools and resuming team sports. If there were no legal precedents, then schools would be inundated with suits every fall by parents whose children caught the flu. I have a hard time believing that the courts would not have quashed lawsuits over students contracting diseases long ago.

Any jury that votes for big judgments against public schools should be chased out of town along with the plaintiff, and the ambulance chaser who handled the plaintiff's case. This is yet another example of why this nation desperately needs tort reform. Plaintiffs should not be made wealthy by the courts at the expense of the property owners and other taxpayers that fund public schools.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Pulp Fiction, torQQue
(08-27-2020, 12:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If school's take reasonable measures to minimize the risk to students and players, I seriously doubt that there is any serious liability risk from reopening schools and resuming team sports. If there were no legal precedents, then schools would be inundated with suits every fall by parents whose children caught the flu. I have a hard time believing that the courts would not have quashed lawsuits over students contracting diseases long ago.

Any jury that votes for big judgments against public schools should be chased out of town along with the plaintiff, and the ambulance chaser who handled the plaintiff's case. This is yet another example of why this nation desperately needs tort reform. Plaintiffs should not be made wealthy by the courts at the expense of the property owners and other taxpayers that fund public schools.
It seems like every school year.... within the first two weeks of school starting, just about every parent/guardian is posting on social media how little Johnny or little Susie has strep throat, an ear infection or some other type of illness.

How many times have school districts closed down because of the flu, but their sports teams continued to practice and play games?
How many times has school been canceled due to weather, but their sports teams had practice or played a game that night?
(08-20-2020, 03:52 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Not a given that all school Districts are going to play.  I no and most on here knows its safer to have sports and not be in school, but that is going to be a hard sell for a school board to justify it,  I can see the point either way

(08-27-2020, 12:34 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:
(08-27-2020, 12:09 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: If school's take reasonable measures to minimize the risk to students and players, I seriously doubt that there is any serious liability risk from reopening schools and resuming team sports. If there were no legal precedents, then schools would be inundated with suits every fall by parents whose children caught the flu. I have a hard time believing that the courts would not have quashed lawsuits over students contracting diseases long ago.

It seems like every school year.... within the first two weeks of school starting, just about every parent/guardian is posting on social media how little Johnny or little Susie has strep throat, an ear infection or some other type of illness.

How many times have school districts closed down because of the flu, but their sports teams continued to practice and play games?
How many times has school been canceled due to weather, but their sports teams had practice or played a game that night?
Yet people know about the flu and strep throat and thus have made the assumption that it is not life threating or worth the risk. We see guidelines changed daily at the highest of levels. Now there could be a political discussion on that. I do now want to get into that, that is theory/opinion. What we know is 170,000 deaths +, flu on the top end is 60K a year. We are only 5 to 6 months into this. Science is frustrating to say the least in real time. However, I would want Hoot to set on my jury. Odds are he will not be able too.

How about the raising of monies as well. I live in E.Ky, other sports programs depend on football and its revenue. If the guidelines come back to have football but no fans. I again point to Frankfort High. I do not like hypotheticals as you can probably tell.

BREAKING NEWS: Matt Jones KSR Twitter is reporting that the meeting tomorrow is not about cancelling football!!!
BREAKING NEWS: The Interim Kentucky Education Commissioner Kevin Brown tells me that cancelling or postponing the High School Football season is NOT on the agenda for tomorrow’s meeting.

— Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) August 27, 2020

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football...ng-agenda/
(08-27-2020, 12:54 PM)mr.fundamental Wrote:
(08-20-2020, 03:52 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: Not a given that all school Districts are going to play.  I no and most on here knows its safer to have sports and not be in school, but that is going to be a hard sell for a school board to justify it,  I can see the point either way

(08-27-2020, 12:34 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:

Yet people know about the flu and strep throat and thus have made the assumption that it is not life threating or worth the risk. We see guidelines changed daily at the highest of levels. Now there could be a political discussion on that. I do now want to get into that, that is theory/opinion. What we know is 170,000 deaths +, flu on the top end is 60K a year. We are only 5 to 6 months into this. Science is frustrating to say the least in real time. However, I would want Hoot to set on my jury. Odds are he will not be able too.
If you go to court and the law is on your side, you would definitely want me on the jury that decided your case. If you go to court and the law is not on your side, then your attorney would be a fool not to use one of his free strikes to have me excluded from the jury.
(08-27-2020, 01:36 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: BREAKING NEWS: The Interim Kentucky Education Commissioner Kevin Brown tells me that cancelling or postponing the High School Football season is NOT on the agenda for tomorrow’s meeting.

— Matt Jones (@KySportsRadio) August 27, 2020

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/football...ng-agenda/

Yes- hearing the meeting is just to make sure all the protocols are in place.
https://portal.ksba.org/public/Meeting.aspx?PublicAgencyID=4388&PublicMeetingID=31621&AgencyTypeID=1

08/28/2020
12:00 PM

I. Call to Order
II. Roll Call
III. Internal Board Business
III.A. Opening Remarks - KBE Chair Young
III.B. Discussion of the Kentucky High School Athletic Association's (KHSAA) Board of Control's (BOC) August 20, 2020 Decision to Begin High School Interscholastic Sports (Review Item) - Commissioner Julian Tackett
III.C. Discussion of District Concerns About the Safety of High Contact Fall Sports (Review Item) - Local Superintendents
III.D. Discussion of the Kentucky Department for Public Health (DPH) Covid-19 Guidance and Recommendations (Review Item) - Commissioner Dr. Steven Stack
III.E. Discussion and Possible Action to Authorize the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) to Develop Written Communication to be Issued to the KHSAA BOC by the KBE Chair Young on behalf of the KBE Urging Additional Consideration of Alternative Options for High Contact Fall Sports (Action/Discussion Item) - KBE Members
IV. Adjournment

Hard for me to imagine this agenda item has NOTHING to do with the postponement or cancellation of fall sports.  Will they vote to do so tomorrow, maybe not, but it is definitely going to be discussed I feel.

III.E. Discussion and Possible Action to Authorize the Kentucky Department of Education (KDE) to Develop Written Communication to be Issued to the KHSAA BOC by the KBE Chair Young on behalf of the KBE Urging Additional Consideration of Alternative Options for High Contact Fall Sports (Action/Discussion Item) - KBE Members
[-] The following 2 users Like Creeker's post:
  • Poseidon, Westside