Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Johnson Central
I have heard multiple schools report that Johnson has asked for a home game and half the gate. I would suggest traveling, and asking for none of the gate if you wanted a game.
(09-03-2020, 02:02 PM)Real Badman Wrote: I have heard multiple schools report that Johnson has asked for a home game and half the gate. I would suggest traveling, and asking for none of the gate if you wanted a game.
That might work. Agree to bear all of the expenses for travel in exchange for none of the ticket proceeds and no two year agreement. You must be a trained negotiator to have come up with that strategy. Ashland might even be tempted to play a game under those terms.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • ekywildcat
(09-02-2020, 11:24 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Just me or does it seem like Johnson is getting slept on this upcoming season?

(09-03-2020, 02:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-03-2020, 02:02 PM)Real Badman Wrote: I have heard multiple schools report that Johnson has asked for a home game and half the gate. I would suggest traveling, and asking for none of the gate if you wanted a game.
That might work. Agree to bear all of the expenses for travel in exchange for none of the ticket proceeds and no two year agreement. You must be a trained negotiator to have come up with that strategy. Ashland might even be tempted to play a game under those terms.

I'm not negotiating, I dictate. But then again my favorite school doesn't need a game :)
(09-03-2020, 02:59 PM)Real Badman Wrote:
(09-02-2020, 11:24 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Just me or does it seem like Johnson is getting slept on this upcoming season?

(09-03-2020, 02:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I'm not negotiating, I dictate. But then again my favorite school doesn't need a game Smile
Nobody is in a position to dictate terms to Johnson Central and JC is not trying to impose unreasonable terms on anybody else. Somebody has to pay for the expenses of fielding a football team. JC is offering a quality opponent in exchange for sharing travel expenses. If every quality opponent insists on playing at home and taking all of the gate, then JC should walk away.

Contrary to what you seem to think, a 4A team that has won multiple state titles and been in the finals five straight years is one of the "big boys" of Kentucky high school football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Pulp Fiction
You do realize that teams often offer travel stipends for teams to travel to them don’t you? So what’s wrong for asking for a home game? We have three home games this season. We play at Bell County(2.5 hour drive), Simon Kenton (3.25 hour drive), Clay County (2 hour drive), Harlan County (2.25 hour drive) and Bourbon County ( 2 hour drive). Do you realize how much it costs for travel especially since the liberals from the KDE decided to make it as hard as they can on teams to play football this fall? I’m wondering why you’ve taken such interest in our scheduling. It’s very obvious you’re not a fan so why do you care? Are you just a hater?

(09-03-2020, 02:59 PM)Real Badman Wrote:

(09-03-2020, 02:38 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

I'm not negotiating, I dictate. But then again my favorite school doesn't need a game Smile
Who’s your favorite school? If you’re from Eastern Kentucky it’s obvious you’re not a Belfry, Pikeville or Johnson Central fan because your team doesn’t need a game. Years ago we didn’t have a problem filling a schedule because everyone wanted to play us because we weren’t very good. Scheduling can be frustrating for teams that are successful. There’s a reason why most teams in Eastern Kentucky can fill a schedule in two hours. I’ve been on both ends of this and I’d much rather be successful and always looking for games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coach Booth's post:
  • ekywildcat