•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Class 1a Predictions
jetpilot Wrote:I understand what you are getting at, but the expectations for Pikeville are for nothing less than another championship. Nothing wrong with that at all.
As for Paintsville, they lost their best two players in J Allen and J Phelps, and some other key people as well. Pikeville lost a lot also but will be loaded again and yes it will take some time to start hitting on all cylinders (as it did last year), but Paintsville will have to be 2-4 TDs better than last year's team to have a shot in Nov/Dec IMO...

That said everything is premature, there are plenty enough dumb adults out there who could cause these kids to get cheated out of their football season.:popcorn:

Pikeville will have the best player in 1A at the most important position. Paintsville returns a solid contender and hopefully they will meet again in Lexington and the game isn’t over by the 8 minute mark in the 2nd Q... again.

I did see that Paintsville added the Lovely kid from Magoffin Co, and that is a much needed pickup at middle backer and I’m sure somewhere on offense.
2000PHS Wrote:Pikeville will have the best player in 1A at the most important position. Paintsville returns a solid contender and hopefully they will meet again in Lexington and the game isn’t over by the 8 minute mark in the 2nd Q... again.

I did see that Paintsville added the Lovely kid from Magoffin Co, and that is a much needed pickup at middle backer and I’m sure somewhere on offense.

Also a great group of RBs including maybe the top RB in Class A (Wright), great O & D lines, one of the top receivers coming back in Class A (Lockhart) and many talented kids who tore up the field in middle school. Lethal mix of run and pass, again. Defense will be solid to start but will be championship caliber again come November.
jetpilot Wrote:Also a great group of RBs including maybe the top RB in Class A (Wright), great O & D lines, one of the top receivers coming back in Class A (Lockhart) and many talented kids who tore up the field in middle school. Lethal mix of run and pass, again. Defense will be solid to start but will be championship caliber again come November.

Bottom line, Pikeville will be, well, Pikeville. The team to beat. They won’t be what they were last year but they don’t have to be to win 1A. I don’t think anyone in the west has a legit shot of beating Paintsville, Pikeville, or even Raceland.
Though Pikeville list a lot we have some really good players replacing those guys.Hensley and Birchfield will be two to watch. Will have Wright back at RB and Isaac back at QB. They may take a beating early , but I don’t see anyone in Class A that’s going to beat them come playoff time. It’s gonna be fun to watch them improve every game
Hambley Wrote:Though Pikeville list a lot we have some really good players replacing those guys.Hensley and Birchfield will be two to watch. Will have Wright back at RB and Isaac back at QB. They may take a beating early , but I don’t see anyone in Class A that’s going to beat them come playoff time. It’s gonna be fun to watch them improve every game

I think Paintsville is the only other contender true contender.
2000PHS Wrote:I think Paintsville is the only other contender true contender.

They are going to have to improve quite a bit from last year. If H Phelps turns out to be a great RB and If their defense can improve by a LOT and can prevent Pikeville O from having their way with them then Paintsville will have a shot. But again IMO Paintsville will have to be significantly better this year.

Also keep an eye on NCC. Don't know what they have but they won't stay down in 1A for long.
jetpilot Wrote:Also a great group of RBs including maybe the top RB in Class A (Wright), great O & D lines, one of the top receivers coming back in Class A (Lockhart) and many talented kids who tore up the field in middle school. Lethal mix of run and pass, again. Defense will be solid to start but will be championship caliber again come November.

True and that doesn't include any new additions that want to transfer in who can contribute as the season progresses. Success draws success.
Will give me top 5 a little later..This year will be different then a few years past.
bac2369 Wrote:Will give me top 5 a little later..This year will be different then a few years past.

How much later? Don't leave us hanging bac. Respect your opinion but not going to be much different...but ready to listen to your take...
jetpilot Wrote:How much later? Don't leave us hanging bac. Respect your opinion but not going to be much different...but ready to listen to your take...

1 and 2 are who we been talking about..

I give the slight edge to Paintsville because they return more defensively and far less wholes to fill. Pikeville will undoubtedly good as well. But new faces will mean growing pains.. but as of now 1 and 2 are separate to the rest as of now....

So
1 Paintsville
2 Pikeville
3 Crittenden County
4 Louisville Holy Cross
5 Newport Central Catholic
bac2369 Wrote:1 and 2 are who we been talking about..

I give the slight edge to Paintsville because they return more defensively and far less wholes to fill. Pikeville will undoubtedly good as well. But new faces will mean growing pains.. but as of now 1 and 2 are separate to the rest as of now....

So
1 Paintsville
2 Pikeville
3 Crittenden County
4 Louisville Holy Cross

No way!TongueirateSho

So
1 Paintsville
2 Pikeville
3 Crittenden County
4 Louisville Holy Cross

I watched CC on film last year and I don’t think they are top 5 in the East much less the state.

Pikeville is #1 until someone in 1A beats them. Paintsville will have a solid, competitive team.

1. Pikeville

2. Paintsville
3. Raceland
4. NCC
5. LHC
Does Paintsville lose all of the Prestonsburg kids after this year? If so where will the next haul come from?
2000 just trying to fire up the tiggers. Paintsville got one last shot, they gonna give it all they got. Paintsville is my #1 for now. Pikeville got a whole lotta work to do.

So
1 Paintsville
2 Pikeville
3 Crittenden County
4 Louisville Holy Cross
This is comical. No Raceland? Also, Pikeville is the clear favorite in Class A. Bac you’re going to have to switch to a regular mask instead of your underwear over your head. It’s making you delusional.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:This is comical. No Raceland? Also, Pikeville is the clear favorite in Class A. Bac you’re going to have to switch to a regular mask instead of your underwear over your head. It’s making you delusional.

Yes there is no Raceland... Yes there is no Hazard either... which is who I support... those two mentioned are next on my list..

And anyways this is this year not last year... About every team in the East was better than the west teams, but like I said this is a new year..

I will give stats for each team as to why they belong where I rank my teams...
bac2369 Wrote:Yes there is no Raceland... Yes there is no Hazard either... which is who I support... those two mentioned are next on my list..

And anyways this is this year not last year... About every team in the East was better than the west teams, but like I said this is a new year..

I will give stats for each team as to why they belong where I rank my teams...

By that list of no Raceland or Hazard would make sense with The top two being Paintsville and Pikeville. Because both teams would play in round two of the playoffs. Which would knock out both Raceland and Hazard
Here is my top 10

1 Paintsville- they return over 3200 yards of offense plus have there starting quarterback back. Defensively they return 9 out of 11 of there too tacklers from last season and there secondary returns a team with 14 INTs.

2 Pikeville- returns there all star quarterback. But will have several holes to fill as they return close to 900 yards of offense. Defensively they return 3 out of there too 11 tacklers from last season.So defensively they will be rebuilding.

3 Crittenden County- This team returns its quarterback alongside several playmakers offensively. They return over 4000 yards of offense. Defensively they return 10 of the top 11 in tackles last season, plus a secondary that will have a total of 18 INT from last season returning as well.

4 Louisville Holy Cross- They return a very accurate quarterback plus several playmakers at runningback. They return over 2200 yards of total offense. Defensively they return 6 out of there too 11 in tackles from last season as well as 8 INTs in the secondary.

5 Newport Central Catholic- Last year they had some questions with returning talent that didn’t have much stats from the year before. This year they will have a new quarterback, but this season they return two solid runningbacks to ease that transition. They will return close to 1400 yards offensively. Defensively they return 5 out of the top 11 tacklers from last season, with a secondary that had 9 INTs last season.

6 Hazard- They returns two quarterbacks that either one could play on any night.They return over 1500 yards of offense from last season. Defensively they return 6 out of there top 11 tacklers, including 7 INTs from last season.

7 Raceland- Raceland is the same as Hazard with two quarterbacks who could play, but they will play there #1 in Heighton. Raceland returns just over 800 yards of offense from last season. Defensively they return 5 of there too 11 tacklers from last season, including a secondary with 4 INTs.

8- Kentucky Country Day- They return just over 1100 yards of offense from last season, plus there quarterback and a couple of solid runningbacks. Defensively is where they should be pretty solid with 10 of there 11 too tacklers from last season and a secondary with 7 INTs.

9 Williamsburg- They will be breaking in a new Quarterback, but they always seem to find pretty good kids to fill the void. They return over 1700 yards from last season. Defensively they return 5 of the top 11 in tackles from last season and a secondary with 5 INTs.

10 Campbellsville- They return I’d im not mistaken, a 4 year starter at quarterback with some a couple athletes around him. They return over 1700 yards of offense. Defensively they return 4 of there top 11 in tackles from last season including 7 INTs in there secondary.

11 Frankfort
12 Russellville
13 Pineville
14 Bethlehem
15 Phelps
bac2369 Wrote:Here is my top 10

1 Paintsville- they return over 3200 yards of offense plus have there starting quarterback back. Defensively they return 9 out of 11 of there too tacklers from last season and there secondary returns a team with 14 INTs.

2 Pikeville- returns there all star quarterback. But will have several holes to fill as they return close to 900 yards of offense. Defensively they return 3 out of there too 11 tacklers from last season.So defensively they will be rebuilding.

3 Crittenden County- This team returns its quarterback alongside several playmakers offensively. They return over 4000 yards of offense. Defensively they return 10 of the top 11 in tackles last season, plus a secondary that will have a total of 18 INT from last season returning as well.

4 Louisville Holy Cross- They return a very accurate quarterback plus several playmakers at runningback. They return over 2200 yards of total offense. Defensively they return 6 out of there too 11 in tackles from last season as well as 8 INTs in the secondary.

5 Newport Central Catholic- Last year they had some questions with returning talent that didn’t have much stats from the year before. This year they will have a new quarterback, but this season they return two solid runningbacks to ease that transition. They will return close to 1400 yards offensively. Defensively they return 5 out of the top 11 tacklers from last season, with a secondary that had 9 INTs last season.

6 Hazard- They returns two quarterbacks that either one could play on any night.They return over 1500 yards of offense from last season. Defensively they return 6 out of there top 11 tacklers, including 7 INTs from last season.

7 Raceland- Raceland is the same as Hazard with two quarterbacks who could play, but they will play there #1 in Heighton. Raceland returns just over 800 yards of offense from last season. Defensively they return 5 of there too 11 tacklers from last season, including a secondary with 4 INTs.

8- Kentucky Country Day- They return just over 1100 yards of offense from last season, plus there quarterback and a couple of solid runningbacks. Defensively is where they should be pretty solid with 10 of there 11 too tacklers from last season and a secondary with 7 INTs.

9 Williamsburg- They will be breaking in a new Quarterback, but they always seem to find pretty good kids to fill the void. They return over 1700 yards from last season. Defensively they return 5 of the top 11 in tackles from last season and a secondary with 5 INTs.

10 Campbellsville- They return I’d im not mistaken, a 4 year starter at quarterback with some a couple athletes around him. They return over 1700 yards of offense. Defensively they return 4 of there top 11 in tackles from last season including 7 INTs in there secondary.

11 Frankfort
12 Russellville
13 Pineville
14 Bethlehem
15 Phelps

Good news is Paintsville has 9 of 11 starters back on defense. Bad news is those 9 gave up 43 points to Pikeville in 2 1/2 quarters. Rating teams by how many starters are coming back is fatally flawed and will get you burned...

Bring a sack of money to the playoffs and something new this year, we are now accepting all major credit cards.TongueirateSho
jetpilot Wrote:Good news is Paintsville has 9 of 11 starters back on defense. Bad news is those 9 gave up 43 points to Pikeville in 2 1/2 quarters. Rating teams by how many starters are coming back is fatally flawed and will get you burned...

Bring a sack of money to the playoffs and something new this year, we are now accepting all major credit cards.TongueirateSho

Also using last years score in a new year is flawed too.. You must look at what each team returns...

But you see the good thing is we will see how things play out early considering most teams in the east play each other. But the playoffs usually mean a different story in some years.
bac2369 Wrote:Also using last years score in a new year is flawed too.. You must look at what each team returns...

But you see the good thing is we will see how things play out early considering most teams in the east play each other. But the playoffs usually mean a different story in some years.

You don't have any idea if the guy coming back for Paintsville is as good as the new starter for Pikeville who played behind a great player on Pikeville's loaded team last year.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar

Pikeville opens as a 14 point favorite based on their QB alone.
And I can promise you a RB who didn't start last year will be a complete beast.
And much more...

Can't wait.
jetpilot Wrote:You don't have any idea if the guy coming back for Paintsville is as good as the new starter for Pikeville who played behind a great player on Pikeville's loaded team last year.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ConfusedingleparConfusedingleparConfusedinglepar

Pikeville opens as a 14 point favorite based on their QB alone.
And I can promise you a RB who didn't start last year will be a complete beast.
And much more...

Can't wait.

I saw that coming on the running back.. Pikevilles O isn’t what has me hesitant. It’s replacing all those defensive players.. I see this team similar to 2016 coming in with a target on your back..But 2016 had more defensively returning.
bac2369 Wrote:I saw that coming on the running back.. Pikevilles O isn’t what has me hesitant. It’s replacing all those defensive players.. I see this team similar to 2016 coming in with a target on your back..But 2016 had more defensively returning.

Always respect your opinions and glad you are on here bac.
I just think Pikeville will be a lot better than you think they will be.
It's fun to speculate but really just hope these kids get to play, and they stay free of injury and sickness.
Also, since bac is referencing 2016, somebody needs a player of this caliber to have a shot of dethroning Pikeville:

34 Smith, Cory 15 330 2905 39 193.7 2.6
jetpilot Wrote:Always respect your opinions and glad you are on here bac.
I just think Pikeville will be a lot better than you think they will be.
It's fun to speculate but really just hope these kids get to play, and they stay free of injury and sickness.

Your closer to program than me, so I have to go with what I got and that’s stats and knowing I’m what I watched. Yes I really hope these kids get to play.
jetpilot Wrote:Also, since bac is referencing 2016, somebody needs a player of this caliber to have a shot of dethroning Pikeville:

34 Smith, Cory 15 330 2905 39 193.7 2.6

I can’t disagree with that., I wish the young man didn’t get hurt in 2017. I believe if he doesn’t Hazard goes back to state. Pikeville beat a very good team that year in the playoffs.
bac2369 Wrote:I can’t disagree with that., I wish the young man didn’t get hurt in 2017. I believe if he doesn’t Hazard goes back to state. Pikeville beat a very good team that year in the playoffs.

Agreed.
Pikevilles O-Line will be pretty impressive as the season rolls on, IMO.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikevilles O-Line will be pretty impressive as the season rolls on, IMO.

From what i've seen, they're going to have size and strength. Just have to work on some fundamentals like timing, quickness, etc. If they're allowed to play Coach Mac and staff will have them ready for Kroger Field. Jmo.
Does Pikeville score less than 35 after they play Belfry?
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next