•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Class 1a Predictions
Ramfan02 Wrote:Paintsvilles 25 man roster better have more depth than last year they are one injury away from being irrelevant. Raceland will have a 60 man roster. Come playoff time your big guys will be exhausted from playing both ways all the time.

True. They realized that at Kroger field in early Dec.
Don't like most of the "young and wayyyy too loud" music played at games, but this one played at a Pikeville game should be played last before teams come out of the tunnel at all Pikeville home games...it's perfect imo

jetpilot Wrote:Don't like most of the "young and wayyyy too loud" music played at games, but this one played at a Pikeville game should be played last before teams come out of the tunnel at all Pikeville home games...it's perfect imo

Yep. That one should get it done.
Ramfan02 Wrote:Paintsvilles 25 man roster better have more depth than last year they are one injury away from being irrelevant. Raceland will have a 60 man roster. Come playoff time your big guys will be exhausted from playing both ways all the time.

It’s didn’t stop them from from beating the Tristate all star last year. Raceland always have big guys, however they had no running game last year and won’t have one again this year.

And one of the biggest differences in the two is going to come down to coaching.... Paintsville is a lot better coached than Raceland. Look at last year Raceland was hands down better than Paintsville however coaching lost the game for Raceland.
That Raceland team was not good from the start. O line struggled all year and qb was hurt week 2. And if it was not for other schools Paintsville could not field a team. Raceland has a few transfers but most have been there from the start. They will have a run game this year and the oline has worked all off season and will be ready. They are big strong and athletic up front not the Ram style lines of the past.
Ramfan02 Wrote:That Raceland team was not good from the start. O line struggled all year and qb was hurt week 2. And if it was not for other schools Paintsville could not field a team. Raceland has a few transfers but most have been there from the start. They will have a run game this year and the oline has worked all off season and will be ready. They are big strong and athletic up front not the Ram style lines of the past.

So sounds like what you are saying is they have a chance to beat Paintsville if there coaching doesn’t choke again!!!

Also Jake played in both games last year.
I am pretty sure coach did not choke. I think he has been to 4 semis and a finals. So he has a shot against the almighty Cherico And the dc has coach more high quality football than most people have seen. 2 State championships at Ironton and 7 runners up. So we may have to fire them and get us some guys who have seen football. And Jake did play but last years team and this team will be miles different.
Ramfan02 Wrote:I am pretty sure coach did not choke. I think he has been to 4 semis and a finals. So he has a shot against the almighty Cherico And the dc has coach more high quality football than most people have seen. 2 State championships at Ironton and 7 runners up. So we may have to fire them and get us some guys who have seen football. And Jake did play but last years team and this team will be miles different.

The same DC that Beechwood put state championship records up on! Or the same DC that turned the lights off in Tank Stadium when Beechwood was giving Ironton the business. Wait they are the same person.

Go all the way back to Mikes playing days big games choke. He riding on the success of TJ and Randy.

At Raceland they struggle year in and year out to develop talent.

There was talk about how great this 9th grade class did last year, they should have won every game they played with what 10 hold backs.
Oleballcoach Wrote:The same DC that Beechwood put state championship records up on! Or the same DC that turned the lights off in Tank Stadium when Beechwood was giving Ironton the business. Wait they are the same person.

Go all the way back to Mikes playing days big games choke. He riding on the success of TJ and Randy.

At Raceland they struggle year in and year out to develop talent.

There was talk about how great this 9th grade class did last year, they should have won every game they played with what 10 hold backs.

The problem with Raceland has always been a culture issue. Until this communities eliminates its fear of the boogie man (i.e. traditionally successful programs) we will never be more than a second rate program.

Do we schedule well? Yes we do, but we always assume the underdog role. We have to start building our program up to believe we will win the big games and not just show up in them. Case in point is the Ashland game. Year in and year out we give Ashland a great effort and usually come up short and our fan base chalks it up to a moral victory because “at least we were competitive”. When we did go to state, everyone in town said “it’s Beechwood we can’t win but at least we made it to State” and the team was beat before they even left for Lexington. IMO it is that mindset that prevents Raceland from reaching the next level.
Pikeville
Orange Blaze Wrote:The problem with Raceland has always been a culture issue. Until this communities eliminates its fear of the boogie man (i.e. traditionally successful programs) we will never be more than a second rate program.

Do we schedule well? Yes we do, but we always assume the underdog role. We have to start building our program up to believe we will win the big games and not just show up in them. Case in point is the Ashland game. Year in and year out we give Ashland a great effort and usually come up short and our fan base chalks it up to a moral victory because “at least we were competitive”. When we did go to state, everyone in town said “it’s Beechwood we can’t win but at least we made it to State” and the team was beat before they even left for Lexington. IMO it is that mindset that prevents Raceland from reaching the next level.

I would agree with that 100% Raceland has always struggled to put two big wins in back to back week. They was able to do it once against a young Pikeville team.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Don't sleep on Crittenden County.

Return everyone and their cousin from a Regional finals team. Noone in 1A returns more experience and key players than Crittenden. Even though they lose their QB they still have another kid who played a ton himself.

The question is how much ground does that gain them? I don't think they were within 3-4 TD's of Paintsville or Raceland, let alone Pikeville. That's a big gap to make up.

Just in my opinion, if they was not within 3 or 4 touchdowns of the east last season, than the back ups that will be stepping up should be better than them. I think Paintsville and Pikeville are one and two, but the west is not there yet and may not be throughout this classification.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:[/B]
Wow burn. Not.
Oleballcoach Wrote:I would agree with that 100% Raceland has always struggled to put two big wins in back to back week. They was able to do it once against a young Pikeville team.

And that game haunts me to this day. We should have won that one. Would have been 3 out of 4 years with trips to the finals for that 2018 class....
jetpilot Wrote:Don't like most of the "young and wayyyy too loud" music played at games, but this one played at a Pikeville game should be played last before teams come out of the tunnel at all Pikeville home games...it's perfect imo

figured you were a young man Smile
bball_fan Wrote:Just in my opinion, if they was not within 3 or 4 touchdowns of the east last season, than the back ups that will be stepping up should be better than them. I think Paintsville and Pikeville are one and two, but the west is not there yet and may not be throughout this classification.

Paintsville is mediocre at best.
pjdoug Wrote:Paintsville is mediocre at best.

Good to see pdoug already in mid season form!

Mediocre to decent is good enough for top 2 in 1A this year.
PHSForever Wrote:And that game haunts me to this day. We should have won that one. Would have been 3 out of 4 years with trips to the finals for that 2018 class....

Yes Pikeville should have won that game.
Oleballcoach Wrote:Yes Pikeville should have won that game.

Wasn’t the penalties 10 to 0? Or something crazy like that.
17-0 was the penalty’s for the game
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:[/B]

Hey at least we got there, 1st time since ‘85.

Paintsville was banged up that week, no doubt. However, the outcome would have been the same. Pikeville was not losing to us, or anyone else with an enrollment under 950.

Playing Raceland (rival and very physical) Williamsburg, KCD AND THEN Pikeville was a tough road to say the least.
panthers dominate Wrote:17-0 was the penalty’s for the game

😬😬
I suspect Pikeville will struggle early on but come playoff time they will be the team to beat in Class A and I look for them to bring another state title home to Pike County.
PHSFAN Wrote:I suspect Pikeville will struggle early on but come playoff time they will be the team to beat in Class A and I look for them to bring another state title home to Pike County.

Pikeville will be a tough out for anyone in late November, especially at Pikeville or Lexington.
Imo, just give them a little time to Gel and they'll be where they need to be. Panthers have young players that are real athletes but young and not a whole lot experience. Combine them with those that have playing experience from last season, and with the coaching staff that Pikeville is blessed with, good things will there soon.
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:Imo, just give them a little time to Gel and they'll be where they need to be. Panthers have young players that are real athletes but young and not a whole lot experience. Combine them with those that have playing experience from last season, and with the coaching staff that Pikeville is blessed with, good things will there soon.

Agree. A lot of young talent at Pikeville. One young man that stood out to me early on in the season was backup center Brady Clark. He's got decent size and from what i saw when he subbed for the starting center who was out with an injury, did a fine job and didn't miss a beat. Someone else said on another thread that most of these young men would most likely be starters on some class A teams. That's the kind of talent waiting in the wings at Pikeville.
Might need to pump the brakes on those expectations for Pikeville, especially early in the season. A true road game to start the season at Bardstown and then hosting Lexington Christian in the Pike County Bowl. For a young team trying to replace around 19 starters on both sides of the ball, that's a tall task. Not sure what all Bardstown returns, but they played Pikeville tough last year and now they get them on their own field. As for Lexington Christian, they've got as good as a shot as anyone to win 2A this year. That team is Loaded and well coached. The third game of the year has Pikeville hosting Paintsville in a rematch of the state championship game, and we all know what Paintsville has returning. The 2020 season could start out a lot like the 2017 season for Pikeville, but I expect Coach McNamee and his staff to have his team ready by the time playoffs roll around. That being said, don't be surprised if Pikeville starts the season 0-3 or 1-2. With the new RPI system, who knows what a potential start like that could do to Pikeville's road through the playoffs. Of course, this is all contingent on the 2020 season either starting on time or delayed but still playing a full schedule. If the season is delayed or condensed in some form or fashion, then who knows what will happen. Let's just pray that we get some type of season in this year so these young men can get out on the field.
Buffs19 Wrote:Might need to pump the brakes on those expectations for Pikeville, especially early in the season. A true road game to start the season at Bardstown and then hosting Lexington Christian in the Pike County Bowl. For a young team trying to replace around 19 starters on both sides of the ball, that's a tall task. Not sure what all Bardstown returns, but they played Pikeville tough last year and now they get them on their own field. As for Lexington Christian, they've got as good as a shot as anyone to win 2A this year. That team is Loaded and well coached. The third game of the year has Pikeville hosting Paintsville in a rematch of the state championship game, and we all know what Paintsville has returning. The 2020 season could start out a lot like the 2017 season for Pikeville, but I expect Coach McNamee and his staff to have his team ready by the time playoffs roll around. That being said, don't be surprised if Pikeville starts the season 0-3 or 1-2. With the new RPI system, who knows what a potential start like that could do to Pikeville's road through the playoffs. Of course, this is all contingent on the 2020 season either starting on time or delayed but still playing a full schedule. If the season is delayed or condensed in some form or fashion, then who knows what will happen. Let's just pray that we get some type of season in this year so these young men can get out on the field.

I understand what you are getting at, but the expectations for Pikeville are for nothing less than another championship. Nothing wrong with that at all.
As for Paintsville, they lost their best two players in J Allen and J Phelps, and some other key people as well. Pikeville lost a lot also but will be loaded again and yes it will take some time to start hitting on all cylinders (as it did last year), but Paintsville will have to be 2-4 TDs better than last year's team to have a shot in Nov/Dec IMO...

That said everything is premature, there are plenty enough dumb adults out there who could cause these kids to get cheated out of their football season.:popcorn:
With recent spike in COVID-19 I’d say High School basketball will be first sport back. And I also think COVID will be over with after election in November. Once they get Trump out Corona will be gone. Mark it Down!!!
2000PHS Wrote:Wasn’t the penalties 10 to 0? Or something crazy like that.

It was 22-0
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next