Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Preseason Top Quarterbacks
jetpilot Wrote:Tanner Morgan is Minnesota but definitely agree with your post.

Yes....Morgan plays for Minnesota👍🏼 And he played well last season. Has made the Ryle folks very proud
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Yes....Morgan plays for Minnesota👍🏼 And he played well last season. Has made the Ryle folks very proud

And the Hazard folks.
jetpilot Wrote:And the Hazard folks.

So he’s originally from Hazard? Wasn’t aware of that
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:So he’s originally from Hazard? Wasn’t aware of that

So many comebacks, so little time.:biggrin:
Morgan is from Union moved to Hazard his freshman year then moved to Union graduated from Ryle.
UK1fan Wrote:Morgan is from Union moved to Hazard his freshman year then moved to Union graduated from Ryle.

Everyone already knew this. His family was from Hazard.
The future of Kentucky QB’s looks very good. Class of 21 Sheron of Somerset has already committed to UK. Class of 22 Wimsatt(spelling?) from Owensboro is blowing up on the scene and Cameron Combs from Corbin has been named the #3 QB in America by one publication for the class of 2023.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Great to see Fulton Co Pilot, Sophomore Max Gibbs, Andy's cousin, is getting some notice. Max is gonna be a stud. Hope his mom and dad move to Mayfield
I'm sure they will. lol
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If he stays healthy, Issac McNamee will be the best QB to come out of the Mountains since Tim Couch by the time he graduates....
Im not sure if I'll agree on that. lol :dontthink
jetpilot Wrote:Belfry fans will know what game this was but I got to stand on the sideline of a Belfry/Leslie Co. game across from the grandstand back in the day. Belfry was creaming Couch on every play lol and intercepted him 3 or 4 times in the game and sacked him several times and was really hitting him hard on every play. Couch walked right by us going into the locker room and had his helmet off. He had blood trickling from his nose and mouth I swear. Then he came back out in the 2nd half and if I remember right Leslie Co. won. The point is I don't think people realize how tough a player he was. He took a physical beating against Belfry that night and I don't think it even fazed him.

I watched a hard hitting linebacker from Whitley County punish him and it only made him play better. I've seen a lot of good players but he was the best.
How is the young quarterback at Whitley County doing?
pjdoug Wrote:Im not sure if I'll agree on that. lol :dontthink

148 of 228 65% 2,464 yards, 32 Tds 6 interceptions.
Lost out on 2 games due to Jenkins, so could have easily thrown for 3,000 yards and close to 40 TDs in his first year as starter. 9 Running clocks as well so could have been even higher. MVP of state championship game as Soph.
Remember post said COULD be best SINCE Couch. As EKU pointed out, haven't been a lot of great QBs in the mountains since Couch.

Come on up and see him in person this year Dougie!
jetpilot Wrote:148 of 228 65% 2,464 yards, 32 Tds 6 interceptions.
Lost out on 2 games due to Jenkins, so could have easily thrown for 3,000 yards and close to 40 TDs in his first year as starter. 9 Running clocks as well so could have been even higher. MVP of state championship game as Soph.
Remember post said COULD be best SINCE Couch. As EKU pointed out, haven't been a lot of great QBs in the mountains since Couch.

Come on up and see him in person this year Dougie!
He's definitely a good quarterback. I remember pretty good quarterbacks at Clay County and South Laurel. I hope I get the chance to come up Smile
Never seen the kid play but would love to see him do what Couch did, not sure Stoops is the right coach for another couch type though, I’m beginning to think he’d rather kick a field goal than have to throw a pass
Russ Osborne from Valley is an incoming freshman QB. He is going to be great this season. He is going to be a major asset for the Wildcats.