Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Class 3a predictions
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It really isn't. There were SEVERAL teams that had open week/weeks that matched Belfry's, but didn't want to play. Contacts were made as far away as New Jersey. Several teams in KY, VA, WVA and Ohio were contacted but declined. We did have a game scheduled in Columbus, but the school lost their charter due to playing ineligible players (20-22 yr olds).

Here's hoping Belfry can fill out the schedule. Dougie…..lets get Whitley on the schedule.....we'll call it the "Mountaineer Bowl" Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

I can see that happening. I’m sure a lot of schools don’t want to play Belfry. I just mean right now in this moment in terms of teams needing a 10th game for the second year of a two year schedule on the exact date.
Belfry
belfry
belfry
belfry
3A is going to be really unpredictable. I wish Corbin was still 3A. They'd probably run away with it this year.
Corbin Wrote:3A is going to be really unpredictable. I wish Corbin was still 3A. They'd probably run away with it this year.

Have they improved a ton? I know they have some good young talent, but that was probably the weakest Corbin team of the past 5 years and Corbin couldn't win the Championship with teams who would have beat the brakes off that squad.

That team last year simply was not very good and couldn't stop the run. Don't think they would have made it past maybe the Round of 8.

I think last year's Corbin team would have been in the 8-12 range of 3A teams.
:dontthink My prediction for all classes and all KY teams is 0-0 ...... there will be no High school football in KY until fall 2021 then only if we have a working vaccine.

Plan Accordingly.
Taylor county?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Have they improved a ton? I know they have some good young talent, but that was probably the weakest Corbin team of the past 5 years and Corbin couldn't win the Championship with teams who would have beat the brakes off that squad.

That team last year simply was not very good and couldn't stop the run. Don't think they would have made it past maybe the Round of 8.

I think last year's Corbin team would have been in the 8-12 range of 3A teams.

Have they improved a ton, YES. New year and they are loaded at every position as good as ever. Last years team if in 3a would have been a very competitive 3a team. Bell played some of the same teams the weak Corbin team you refer to did and I didn't see Bell do anything any stronger than Corbin did against the same competition. From what I saw, I would put Corbin in the top 3 in last years 3a teams. Your right, if those championship caliber teams didn't beat last years team then something would be terribly wrong wouldn't there? Last years team had a whole new crop at a ton of key positions all over the field and especially at QB, I don't recall any team that had a winning record with a freshman QB in a rebuilding year in most of there key positions.
There will be Football in the fall. Thats my Prediction.
It'll be a lot of the same as last year. I'd imagine the championship will have some combination of Bell, Desales, and Belfry in the finals depending on how the bracket shakes out.
fridaynightfights Wrote:It'll be a lot of the same as last year. I'd imagine the championship will have some combination of Bell, Desales, and Belfry in the finals depending on how the bracket shakes out.

I would be surprised to see Bell. While I know they have some good young talent. I don’t see them replacing Stephany with another Tennessee QB product as good as he was. He was quite the player
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I would be surprised to see Bell. While I know they have some good young talent. I don’t see them replacing Stephany with another Tennessee QB product as good as he was. He was quite the player

Why can't Corbin amd Bell reload Tennessee products while Belfry makes a living on WV products?
Bull got out! Wrote:From what I saw, I would put Corbin in the top 3 in last years 3a teams.

corby wasn’t better than belfry bell or desales last year .. probably would have been a good game if they had played taylor .. don’t know if they had the athletes to play with taylor though .. they’d have probably been 4-5 in 3a last year
jetpilot Wrote:Why can't Corbin amd Bell reload Tennessee products while Belfry makes a living on WV products?

I have no problem with them getting Tennessee kids. I just don’t see Bell getting a kid of that talent level to replace Stephany. Again, he was a terrific player. Just like I’ve never had a problem with Pikeville getting players from surrounding counties....and some not surrounding counties. 😋
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I have no problem with them getting Tennessee kids. I just don’t see Bell getting a kid of that talent level to replace Stephany. Again, he was a terrific player. Just like I’ve never had a problem with Pikeville getting players from surrounding counties....and some not surrounding counties. ��

That's what happens when you have a top 5 academic school in the state...as well as great sports programs top to bottom...
haha just stirring the pot lol, way too boring on here...but seriously back to the thread topic I see Pikeville winning 3A again this year.:truestory::insane:
jetpilot Wrote:That's what happens when you have a top 5 academic school in the state...as well as great sports programs top to bottom...
haha just stirring the pot lol, way too boring on here...but seriously back to the thread topic I see Pikeville winning 3A again this year.:truestory::insane:

I think Pikeville will probably win 1A again. I don't see any one putting up a fight unless something changes in NKY or Louisville area.

I think 3A is a little more dicey. All of the top 3-4 teams have questions going into the season. Coupled with the COVID 19 dilemma...and whether or not teams will get to play a full season....or just district play....limited practice time.... it could essentially come down to who's in the best shape....who has the best depth.....

Should be interesting....
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I think Pikeville will probably win 1A again. I don't see any one putting up a fight unless something changes in NKY or Louisville area.

I think 3A is a little more dicey. All of the top 3-4 teams have questions going into the season. Coupled with the COVID 19 dilemma...and whether or not teams will get to play a full season....or just district play....limited practice time.... it could essentially come down to who's in the best shape....who has the best depth.....

Should be interesting....

In all seriousness for real this time, all smart money is on Belfry once again.
jetpilot Wrote:In all seriousness for real this time, all smart money is on Belfry once again.

IF.....I was a gambler....I would put my money on the Pirates. Despite the losses.....Belfry has a lot of experience coming back. Gotta find a hard running fullback.....and some defensive line help. But a lot of the pieces are there.
jetpilot Wrote:Why can't Corbin amd Bell reload Tennessee products while Belfry makes a living on WV products?
Why can't Whitley County load up?
pjdoug Wrote:Why can't Whitley County load up?

What does Whitley have coming back this season Dougie?
Oldtiger Wrote::dontthink My prediction for all classes and all KY teams is 0-0 ...... there will be no High school football in KY until fall 2021 then only if we have a working vaccine.

Plan Accordingly.

If it's up to the CDC I think you could be correct, doesn't matter what fans, coaches, parents, Khsaa or states say. If have to still social distance in July/August, just use common since how could you, and I LOVE FOOTBALL
Don't see much of an uprising occurring in the west- here is a local story today on Tilghman's outlook.

https://www.paducahsun.com/sports/tilghm...af0b3.html
Nobody is telling all the rioters they have to stay home, or social distance. Nobody shaming the rioters for spreading disease. But we can't go to work, church or a football game?:biglmao:

For those still clinging to shutdown, I don't know what to tell ya.:flame:
Bell County vs Belfry in December
I keep hearing there’s a possibility that we can’t play out of state teams. If that’s the case will Belfry get to play in Kentucky?
It’s going be a possibility of that rematch 41-7 whoopn coming soon.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I keep hearing there’s a possibility that we can’t play out of state teams. If that’s the case will Belfry get to play in Kentucky?

Yes and no. Yes because they can, and no because if Ashland is on the schedule they may just forfeit like they did in the middle school playoffs years ago.
Same old post. Get over it. Every school has kids from other counties. We will see you ***** cats in the playoffs if you make there.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I keep hearing there’s a possibility that we can’t play out of state teams. If that’s the case will Belfry get to play in Kentucky?

You know....I had hope for you. I really thought that the butt whoopin’ the Pirates laid to the kitty cats.....and I do mean a literal beat down.....that the sarcastic and condescending comments would finally subside. But....just as the sun rises out of the east.....lil’ kitty pride can always be counted on for some type of jealously driven post about Belfry. Quite honestly......the Belfry fans on here were quite tame after that ass stomping. But make no mistake..... the Pirates will be praying they get another crack at the kitty kats in 2020. That is if y’all decide to show up. Which is debatable. Because one could argue y’all didn’t show up back in November.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:It really isn't. There were SEVERAL teams that had open week/weeks that matched Belfry's, but didn't want to play. Contacts were made as far away as New Jersey. Several teams in KY, VA, WVA and Ohio were contacted but declined. We did have a game scheduled in Columbus, but the school lost their charter due to playing ineligible players (20-22 yr olds).

Here's hoping Belfry can fill out the schedule. Dougie…..lets get Whitley on the schedule.....we'll call it the "Mountaineer Bowl" Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

I hope it happens Smile
Oldtiger Wrote::dontthink My prediction for all classes and all KY teams is 0-0 ...... there will be no High school football in KY until fall 2021 then only if we have a working vaccine.

Plan Accordingly.
malarkey.