Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 Class 3a predictions
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I think Russell stands a good chance of coming out of the district on top. Ashland will be dealing with some big losses, especially on offense.

Fleming may win their district...but that's as far as they go IMO.

Statewide....I see the top looking like this...

1. Belfry
2. DeSales
3. Bell Co

Belfry loses a great senior class...but many of their skilled kids and playmakers return. But there is work to be done.

DeSales loses their D-line...which is a huge blow....but IMO, they have enough coming back to be a favorite

Bell has a lot coming back.....but from an athleticism standpoint, losing Stephany is a tall mountain to climb.

Stephany keep them in the game-they didn't have him ,it would have been much worse.
Yes without Stephany it would have been a score more like the Ashland game
I think Belfry, Bell, and Desales are going to be a force next year in 3A. Regardless of what Belfry loses, Coach Haywood always seems to find a way to get the most out of his teams, at the right time of the year. It should be an interesting year, to say the least.
I know on Log Mountain we got guys living in the weight room right now. We will definitely miss some of our seniors, but we return a lot.
Bell County opens the season up against Danville next year, that game should tell us a lot on both teams.
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:I actually think Mason may be the district favorite there

Mason Co best player is now going to another school. Even if he was there still they have nobody to get him the ball
jayky Wrote:Mason Co best player is now going to another school. Even if he was there still they have nobody to get him the ball

Looks like Fleming is in the driver seat...
jayky Wrote:Mason Co best player is now going to another school. Even if he was there still they have nobody to get him the ball

Who left?
Jones is not at Mason anymore
jayky Wrote:Jones is not at Mason anymore

Did not know that. That will definitely hurt. He is a player!
jayky Wrote:Jones is not at Mason anymore

I’ve never seen that kid play but he put up some big stats last year. Fleming will run the district for sure!
Belfry loses elite players every season and yet they find a way to be there in the end every year. Who are they grooming to take the legendary Haywood’s spot?
losing london and jason obviously hurt us .. but brandon and hunter with another year of getting stronger and faster will be tough to stop .. think you will see us more traditional of how our teams typically are without the spread look more so this season .. expect us to make a run next year again at it .. belfry is the king of the mountain though until they can get knocked off
Belfry will repeat!
WestCarterComet Wrote:Belfry will repeat!

I certainly think they have a solid chance to repeat. Have some holes to fill....but so many skill kids returning. plus Belfry will have a very experienced OL.
I think Bell will be a bigger more physical team next year. The boys are living in the weight room from what I gather. Belfry controlled the line of scrimmage on us in the Championship game. We need to get better there.
ArJay Wrote:I think Bell will be a bigger more physical team next year. The boys are living in the weight room from what I gather. Belfry controlled the line of scrimmage on us in the Championship game. We need to get better there.

How many graduate off that Bell O-Line? The Bobcats definitely had the size last year. If most of those kids return and they hit the weight room this summer they have the makings of becoming a dominant offensive front.

What about the D-Line? How many graduate? Same with these kids. If they return a few starters and hit the weights they to could be a special unit next fall as well.

IMO, Belfry's O-Line dominated in the championship game last year because those kids from Bell hadn't went up against a team like the Pirates all year and simply wasnt prepared. I dont think that will be the case next year. I believe those returning Bobcats got a little taste of a championship and will be very hungry this summer and give everything they got to get back and get another shot at it and will prepare themselves for everything. Like I said, they already have the size. If they put the muscle behind it then they will be very dominant. Good luck to the Bobcats.
Without Stephney, Bell will be back to the 1 dimensional days. Will they be good? Yes! But if anyone seen Bell play last year they know that Stephney was their offense. They had a great line. But, the way he scrambled and made broken plays work was insane. In my eyes he was one of the top playmakers East of 75 last year.. You don’t lose athleticism like him and stay on the same level. He was a threat on both sides of the ball to go to the house everytime he touched it.
Bell will be in the hunt tho. Definitely the top 3-4 in 3A.
Belfry always has big lineman step up to the plate! They may start slow, but the veer machine is well oiled come late October. As much as I hate it, it’s definitely a thing of beauty when Haywood works his magic and the kids are clicking. They are year in-year out one of the most disciplined football teams In the state when it counts in November-December. For that reason, Belfry will always be #1-2 in their class in my mind.
DeSales, will be solid on defense. They always are. It's a pride thing. The offense should be pretty good in 2020. Very tough schedule as always.
Since Belfry, DeSales round 1 was so good, we really want to see a round 2.
ColtPride Wrote:DeSales, will be solid on defense. They always are. It's a pride thing. The offense should be pretty good in 2020. Very tough schedule as always.
Since Belfry, DeSales round 1 was so good, we really want to see a round 2.

If there is a round 2.....I hope it's on Pond Creek. That's a long drive. :Thumbs:
I don't think either team would care where the game is played. I think these were the two best teams in 3A last year, and will be much the same in 2020.
ColtPride Wrote:I don't think either team would care where the game is played. I think these were the two best teams in 3A last year, and will be much the same in 2020.

No doubt Belfry and DeSales were the two best teams this past season. No disrespect to Bell.....But IMO, DeSales would have defeated Bell as well.

Back to location.....historically, when we have to travel that far....and play the same day....our play suffers. No ifs, ands or buts. Our record shows it. So while I’m sure it wouldn’t matter ....Belfry folks would rather stay home and play at the CAM 😂😂🏈🏈🅱️🅱️

That’s definitely a matchup that could happen again in 2020
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:No doubt Belfry and DeSales were the two best teams this past season. No disrespect to Bell.....But IMO, DeSales would have defeated Bell as well.

Back to location.....historically, when we have to travel that far....and play the same day....our play suffers. No ifs, ands or buts. Our record shows it. So while I’m sure it wouldn’t matter ....Belfry folks would rather stay home and play at the CAM 😂😂🏈🏈🅱️🅱️

That’s definitely a matchup that could happen again in 2020

Any word on the number of games on Belfry's schedule this year? I believe that affected their RPI if I understand it. And thus impacted their game locations.
Hurricane Storm Wrote:Any word on the number of games on Belfry's schedule this year? I believe that affected their RPI if I understand it. And thus impacted their game locations.

Unfortunately, right now Belfry is still at NINE games. Unbelievable 👎🏻 Really struggling to find #10. Yes....the lack of a 10th game really hurt this past season. Belfry had to run the toughest path possible to get to Kroger Field. Filling out the schedule is huge
This is where the KHSAA should step in and make an in state team needing a 10th game play Belfry. It’s ashamed that Belfry is traveling to OH (last season) and possibly NJ to fill this years schedule.
COACHITALL Wrote:This is where the KHSAA should step in and make an in state team needing a 10th game play Belfry. It’s ashamed that Belfry is traveling to OH (last season) and possibly NJ to fill this years schedule.

Word has it that 10K being floated around for the Pirates to secure a 10th game.
COACHITALL Wrote:This is where the KHSAA should step in and make an in state team needing a 10th game play Belfry. It’s ashamed that Belfry is traveling to OH (last season) and possibly NJ to fill this years schedule.

It’s a little more difficult than just needing a 10th game. It’s needing a 10th game the same time Belfry needs their 10th game. How many teams in KY need one at the same time?
FootballFan1999 Wrote:It’s a little more difficult than just needing a 10th game. It’s needing a 10th game the same time Belfry needs their 10th game. How many teams in KY need one at the same time?
Whitley County? Smile
bucslover68 Wrote:Word has it that 10K being floated around for the Pirates to secure a 10th game.

My Colonels could use that 10K to get a Tennessean or a West Virginian.
FootballFan1999 Wrote:It’s a little more difficult than just needing a 10th game. It’s needing a 10th game the same time Belfry needs their 10th game. How many teams in KY need one at the same time?

It really isn't. There were SEVERAL teams that had open week/weeks that matched Belfry's, but didn't want to play. Contacts were made as far away as New Jersey. Several teams in KY, VA, WVA and Ohio were contacted but declined. We did have a game scheduled in Columbus, but the school lost their charter due to playing ineligible players (20-22 yr olds).

Here's hoping Belfry can fill out the schedule. Dougie…..lets get Whitley on the schedule.....we'll call it the "Mountaineer Bowl" Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker: