Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Somerset
43.75%
Mayfield
56.25%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 2A State Championship: Somerset vs Mayfield
So your saying Mayfield has neither elite talent nor top-notch coaching?? Coaching cannot be to bad being in state title game 10 of last 11 years. Not sure any other staffs can say that. Good luck to both teams.
Gitback Coach Wrote:Mayfield is used to being in the finals, so it might be close for a half. After that, though, elite talent and top-notch coaching take over:

Bunnies - 42
Birds - 20

My friend Mayfield Cardinal so eloquently said 3 years ago to DeSales, when they welcomed us back to 2a. He said, let the re-education process begin. In this case, just let the education process begin.
rookie57 Wrote:Yes, it did help us improve, I agree, not salty at all, just don’t agree with your assessment that Stinson can’t play good with a collapsing pocket.

I made no assessment of Stinson at all. I've never seen him play.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I made no assessment of Stinson at all. I've never seen him play.

Hey Walt, reread my post,it was not in response to anything you said.
rookie57 Wrote:Hey Walt, reread my post,it was not in response to anything you said.

I did. You quoted my post and said that your did not agree with my assessment that Stinson could not play with a collapsing pocket. I did not say that. From what I've heard from multiple sources he's one of the best high school quarterbacks in the state.
Walt Longmire Wrote:I did. You quoted my post and said that your did not agree with my assessment that Stinson could not play with a collapsing pocket. I did not say that. From what I've heard from multiple sources he's one of the best high school quarterbacks in the state.

Well, according to MY computer, the post I quoted was made by JACKSON PURCHASE
Walt Longmire Wrote:I did. You quoted my post and said that your did not agree with my assessment that Stinson could not play with a collapsing pocket. I did not say that. From what I've heard from multiple sources he's one of the best high school quarterbacks in the state.

Walt, I think that was an accident. He quoted your post by accident and responded to Jackson Purchase’s post. He’s just getting really old. Us old folks have troubles with this computer stuff.
rookie57 Wrote:Well, according to MY computer, the post I quoted was made by JACKSON PURCHASE

Yours must be the only one then. Three different people see you quoting my post about being awfully salty over a game that helped Mayfield improve. You even mention not being salty at all in your response. I think you got who said what mixed up.

My apologies, my original post quoted JP, and without my attention, I responded to YOUR quote that I thought was by JP.
Mayfield
By 9+
Twitter: @tc_analytics

mysonis55 Wrote:Walt, I think that was an accident. He quoted your post by accident and responded to Jackson Purchase’s post. He’s just getting really old. Us old folks have troubles with this computer stuff.
Thanks 55 for bringing to my attention my mistake.
Rookie I didn't say he couldn't play good against a collapsing pocket. Just said he didn't that night. It's just one night? Honestly how many sacks did Mayfield give up this year? I'm betting very, very few. If Somerset can get pressure it will be huge for them regardless of how Stinson handles. No harm or disrespect intended.
WestRedWings Wrote:So your saying Mayfield has neither elite talent nor top-notch coaching?? Coaching cannot be to bad being in state title game 10 of last 11 years. Not sure any other staffs can say that. Good luck to both teams.

Mayfield’s record over the years proves that they have top-notch coaching, but talent-wise, the Bunnies clearly have WAY more elite, D-1 talent.

I’m not a Bunny follower, but in other threads, I’ve seen where their fans have confirmed that they have NUMEROUS players with multiple COLLEGE OFFERS.

I’ve always heard that it’s the Jimmies-and-Joes that win ball games. If that’s the case, then the BJ’s will roll.
U of L made tweet may need to be looked up that went something like we got a steal when talking about Neely. Just saying. I bet neither team rolls over the other. CAL had numerous D1 players last year while they did win they did not destroy the Cards by any means. I'll take 11 kids with heart, dedication, and a no quite attitude any day over a team with a few super stars and no supporting cast. I know Somerset has it all and we just lucky to have a chance but that's why they play the game!
WestRedWings Wrote:U of L made tweet may need to be looked up that went something like we got a steal when talking about Neely. Just saying. I bet neither team rolls over the other. CAL had numerous D1 players last year while they did win they did not destroy the Cards by any means. I'll take 11 kids with heart, dedication, and a no quite attitude any day over a team with a few super stars and no supporting cast. I know Somerset has it all and we just lucky to have a chance but that's why they play the game!

Mayfield is the favorite by a large margin. Let’s not play this game.

Mayfield has been there, they have a great football team and should win this game by 10+.

Have a great week jumpers, you guys have had a great season and the community is proud of your efforts. No shame in what’s about to happen Saturday.
Jumper it fans like you and MOST Cardinal fans that have humility and understand these games are huge to players and give everything they have. Thanks for the compliments but really believe two great teams are about to have a great game with rpis being as close as any two in the state this should be really great game.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Mayfield is the favorite by a large margin. Let’s not play this game.

Mayfield has been there, they have a great football team and should win this game by 10+.

Have a great week jumpers, you guys have had a great season and the community is proud of your efforts. No shame in what’s about to happen Saturday.

Just curious, where do u get mayfield is favorite by large margin? The RPI is a hairs width difference.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Mayfield is the favorite by a large margin. Let’s not play this game.

I really hope I’m reading sarcasm in this post.

Thank you, finally someone on here gets it. But I don’t see how it would be in 10 range at all. Great chance of a running clock
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Thank you, finally someone on here gets it. But I don’t see how it would be in 10 range at all. Great chance of a running clock

Just being hopeful.
Bunnie55 Wrote:I really hope I’m reading sarcasm in this post.

Oh no I would never be sarcastic on any website that kids read and may enter a locker room in any capacity.
I think it depends where you are from. If you are from Somerset area, you are gonna say, we have a great coaching staff and loads of talent behind a big line. We can use the line to play clock ball and move down the field and control the game.

If you are from west Ky. You can say, we have the coaching staff that has played in 10 of the last 11 state title games. We have a qb that has committed to Murray State and a receiver that has committed to U of L. We have 2 other receivers that a lot of teams are gonna wonder why they didn’t know about them. They are setting behind a senior led line.

When it comes right down to it, I think it’s gonna be a fun game. I think you could make a case for why you think either team should win.

I myself will stick with my pick. But, I think the two best teams are in the last game of the year, where they should be.
Is that the real 55 or have you been hacked? Lol
Walt Longmire Wrote:Yours must be the only one then. Three different people see you quoting my post about being awfully salty over a game that helped Mayfield improve. You even mention not being salty at all in your response. I think you got who said what mixed up.

He's wrong...alot
Snakesnot Wrote:He's wrong...alot

Always, Always, the smart %%*
rookie57 Wrote:Just curious, where do u get mayfield is favorite by large margin? The RPI is a hairs width difference.

Much more experienced team in this situation. RPI is just a number - Mayfield is the much better team.
rookie57 Wrote:Just curious, where do u get mayfield is favorite by large margin? The RPI is a hairs width difference.

WestRedWings Wrote:Jumper it fans like you and MOST Cardinal fans that have humility and understand these games are huge to players and give everything they have. Thanks for the compliments but really believe two great teams are about to have a great game with rpis being as close as any two in the state this should be really great game.

The RPI seems to have done a pretty good job this season of setting up the brackets to where the best 2 teams in each class get a shot to play in the finals. However, I don't think it can really show how close a matchup will be. They don't take into account things like the experience of the team or the stage of the game. That makes a difference in a head to head matchup. Somerset has some kids that have started a lot of games and been in some tight spots, but they don't have the experience of the Cardinals on this stage. That could be huge.

I don't think there is a massive talent difference between these two teams. Either can win. That being said Somerset will have to play their best game of the season and get some breaks along the way to have a shot going into the 4th quarter. My hope is that they play a clean, mistake free game, leave it all on the field and see what happens. If they go out, unafraid, and play hard until the end I'll be happy with whatever the outcome may be.
rookie57 Wrote:My apologies, my original post quoted JP, and without my attention, I responded to YOUR quote that I thought was by JP.

I just wanted to make sure that no one thought that I said anything about Stinson. I haven't watched any highlights or film on him or the Cardinals--and probably won't for a few days. I don't want to give myself nightmares.
JumperPride1 Wrote:Oh no I would never be sarcastic on any website that kids read and may enter a locker room in any capacity.

Yes you do
I know one stat none of our previous opponents at Kroger Field or Somerset will beat. The travel time to state games. It’s over a 4 hour trip to Lexington from Mayfield. Somerset is approx 1.5 hours Cal 1.25 hours Danville .85 hours these games were a whole lot better when they were centralized at WKU. The travel time was closer to the same for everyone.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next