Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville Panthers
80.00%
Paintsville Tigers
20.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Paintsville (Class 1A Championship)
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Pikeville putty tats by eleventy billion!

at least.
Ralph Furley Wrote:Even with Ray out I look for the Paintsville offensive line to control the line of scrimmage. I wasn’t impressed with either of the fronts of Pikeville back in September and this is where Paintsville is strongest and will control the game. I can’t wait for this one and Paintsville’s win will finally silence the Panther crowd on here. GO TIGERS!

Pikeville's defense will dominate the big slow linemen.
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville's defense will dominate the big slow linemen.

Sounds like good locker room material for Chirico.
Panthers win it 14-7.
gus mccrae Wrote:hate to inform you ralphy, but after the pikeville win, there's even more from pikeville fans. So set back, relax, reflect on how your tigers lost to the panthers, and enjoy! Ain't no stopping us now !:1:

😂
Mayhem Wrote:Sounds like good locker room material for Chirico.

pj is a Pikeville Superfan, what would you expect him to say?

:biggrin:
Both teams have improved since the regular season matchup. Paintsville’s running game has been the biggest improvement I have seen, especially in the power set. Pikeville’s passing game has been their biggest improvement, IMO. This game will come down to the battle in the trenches.
Bob Seger Wrote:pj is a Pikeville Superfan, what would you expect him to say?

:biggrin:

Lol PJ’s a which ever way the wind blows him type fan.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Lol PJ’s a which ever way the wind blows him type fan.

Are you trying to say that my ole pal is nothing more than a stink stirrer?

Contrary to popular belief. there is a place for his "such skills"...Confusednicker:
I'm ecstatic to see these 2 schools play each other in the state championship game. I have been rooting for Paintsville in every game since the playoffs started...not because I thought they would would be a good matchup for Pikeville because realistically I think they have a better chance to beat Pikeville than any other Class A team.
Given the state of the Paintsville program less than 10 years ago making it this far has to be considered a very impressive feat that should give motivation to programs that are currently struggling. Paintsville has built something special and they are going to continue being a tough out for years to come. All the talk has been about the Pikeville offense but Paintsville is a very good team as well with their own explosive playmakers that can give Pikeville some problems.
What kind of defense did Paintsville run the last time these two played to stop Pikeville's passing attack so well?
pirateforlife Wrote:What kind of defense did Paintsville run the last time these two played to stop Pikeville's passing attack so well?

Nothing special. Base 3-4 with some pressure. Mainly just got to the ball and tackled.
Hambley Wrote:Personally I think Collum #28 plays the game of his life, along with the other seniors who are sick of hearing how Paintsville is as good or better. Should be a great game..

You don’t think Paintsville is tired of hearing about how Pikeville is going just run them off the field when they lost by 1 point to them this year? Works both ways.

Pikeville is the favorite. But this isn’t exactly Bama vs Vandy.
pjdoug Wrote:Pikeville's defense will dominate the big slow linemen.

Just like the 1st time they played? I think the general consensus on here was Pikeville had the skill player advantage but Paintsville controlled the LOS on both sides.
Take away the big play and play great defense and you are in the game!! If Raceland doesn’t turn the ball over and just keep running the ball and we make a field goal they have 2 L’s!! Bottom line with the way we are running the ball today and can control the clock this will be another low scoring game!!
SugeAvery Wrote:Take away the big play and play great defense and you are in the game!! If Raceland doesn’t turn the ball over and just keep running the ball and we make a field goal they have 2 L’s!! Bottom line with the way we are running the ball today and can control the clock this will be another low scoring game!!

You finally made a good point, I to believe if it’s a low scoring game Pikeville is in trouble. See SugeAvery I will agree when it’s a legit point. Not some of those things you threw out there. Pikeville and Paintsville is going to be what it is a all out battle and who takes advantage of mistakes and turnovers will win. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Paintsville did control the LOS on both sides of the ball last time they played, especially when Pikeville was on offense. I remember being very surprised they were able to have such a big advantage up front. That has to change on Friday for the Panthers.
Hambley Wrote:Personally I think Collum #28 plays the game of his life, along with the other seniors who are sick of hearing how Paintsville is as good or better. Should be a great game..

I agree Hambley! How Dare Paintsville players even think they’re as good as Pikeville much less hint they could possibly win this game! Paintsville’s Arrogance is so off-putting:dudecomeon:
PHSFAN Wrote:Paintsville did control the LOS on both sides of the ball last time they played, especially when Pikeville was on offense. I remember being very surprised they were able to have such a big advantage up front. That has to change on Friday for the Panthers.

Confusednicker:
2000PHS Wrote:Just like the 1st time they played? I think the general consensus on here was Pikeville had the skill player advantage but Paintsville controlled the LOS on both sides.

Maybe their OL can thoroughly dominate the LOS and put one score on the board again.
jetpilot Wrote:Maybe their OL can thoroughly dominate the LOS and put one score on the board again.

Same for the best Pikeville team since ‘87.
2000PHS Wrote:Same for the best Pikeville team since ‘87.

Need one more win to reach legendary status. I believe they get it.
Who will play center for Paintsville?
jetpilot Wrote:Need one more win to reach legendary status. I believe they get it.
Who will play center for Paintsville?

I do not know the backups name but he played well considering what he was thrown into. Couple of low snaps but I’m sure those will be just fine come Friday. He was the center for about 450 of the 480 yards on the ground.
2000PHS Wrote:I do not know the backups name but he played well considering what he was thrown into. Couple of low snaps but I’m sure those will be just fine come Friday. He was the center for about 450 of the 480 yards on the ground.

Don't know the backup's name? What's his number lol. And I can do that to KCD BTW and it's all I can do to bench press a Coors Light.
You two really love each other but you do make me laugh
Good Luck to both teams!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
jetpilot Wrote:Don't know the backup's name? What's his number lol. And I can do that to KCD BTW and it's all I can do to bench press a Coors Light.

#72...are you going to write him a good luck message? Maybe paint his number on your face?!
2000PHS Wrote:#72...are you going to write him a good luck message? Maybe paint his number on your face?!

No I'm going to say a prayer for him that he doesn't get too many cleat marks on his uniform.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:I agree Hambley! How Dare Paintsville players even think they’re as good as Pikeville much less hint they could possibly win this game! Paintsville’s Arrogance is so off-putting:dudecomeon:

Thanks for keeping up that Paintsville stereo type.... I’ll just keep hating.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next