Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle Co. Rebels
46.51%
Johnson Central Golden Eagles
53.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. vs. Johnson Central (Class 4A State Championship)
PHSForever Wrote:Not by any stretch of the imagination am I a JC fan. Having said that....

Run it up, Eagles.

It's pep rally with young kids and people saying stuff there have no bearing on this game. Thicken up to skin. The boys there play have influence on this game, not words from those that don't. Players decidw
Hatz Wrote:Fat fingers. Confusednicker:

Confusednicker:
Pulp Fiction Wrote:There are two videos from the Boyle County pep rally with the comments in question.

These are the quotes.......

"They live in these places called Hollers...…"

"A lot of people from Johnson Central can't even count to 100....."

I would lose my moderator position and be banned from BGR if I posted my true feelings about this........ I know for some of you, that would be an early birthday & Christmas gift if that happened.

So here's what I will say.
98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103.......
My birthday is coming up and I don't want that for a gift.
Westside Wrote:I hate to get off topic here. FoSho, the Boyle County fan base brings things on themselves, and you are the worst of the bunch. You all always have an excuse for a close game. Last year it was a wet field and injuries. This year it's that you all decided to keep the offense vanilla. Why not just say that the other team was good? why always throw in an excuse. You all have a great team but could use a dose of humility. Fosho, as for you, you are constantly trolling other members, but if anyone posts something about you, you whine and complain. It's pathetic.

As for this game, I have no idea how it is going to go. Both are great teams in their own right and both have completely different styles. I think Boyle County may be the favorite, according to members of this site, but I like Johnson Central's chances. I will say this though, if Boyle County does indeed win, you won't get a bunch of excuses from the Johnson Central fan base.
I think she is mysonis55's equally arrogant twin sister.
Hatz Wrote:“I Think I’m going to Kathmandu ...”. :biggrin:

Ah man, you blew that one for me. I was saving that line for the ESPN interview after the JC win.

:redboxer::redboxer:
https://mobile.twitter.com/tannertweetin...62112?s=21

He’ll need to dust this speech off again.
It's made the news now:

https://www.wymt.com/content/news/Boyle-...2.html?123
It's being reported on WSAZ out of Huntington, W.Va. as well.
To quote one of the all time great responses in BGR history.....

“Ahh boys”
Bulletin board material? Sure!

Facebook Mama Bear getting upset worthy? Sure!

News worthy? Come the freak on! Really?
Spud6 Wrote:Just bad taste. The fact he used they live in places called hollers rubs me the wrong way. Lived on a creek for 25 years now, have a four year bachelors degree from Morehead State and a great job. I’m totally being soft here probably but that just got under my skin.

I’m with ya never wanted to live anywhere but my holler...Grew up hard and didn’t really realize it, parents didn’t have a lot of money but never went hungry just had to work ALL the time...Old man was one of the kindest hard working people I’ve ever known but if you slacked on your chores he would absolutely beat you within an inch of your life...Been blessed in this life, MS from Cumberland and great paying job had the opportunity to leave the area several times and as recently as couple months ago...just can’t do it...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bulletin board material? Sure!

I'm waiting for the Charles Barkley perspective.
single shot Wrote:I’m with ya never wanted to live anywhere but my holler...Grew up hard and didn’t really realize it, parents didn’t have a lot of money but never went hungry just had to work ALL the time...Old man was one of the kindest hard working people I’ve ever known but if you slacked on your chores he would absolutely beat you within an inch of your life...Been blessed in this life, MS from Cumberland and great paying job had the opportunity to leave the area several times and as recently as couple months ago...just can’t do it...

I love the Corbin/Whitley Co. area..How could anyone not fall in love with that Cumberland Falls scenery? I actually spent the first night of my honeymoon there.....I've spent a whole bunch of time down that way supporting and watching the UC Patriots over the years. Wouldn't mind living down that way at all.
My husband deer hunts down in Boyle Co. For them to throw shade at Johnson County over being too country is laughable.

The video is ridiculous because it came from an administrator. Just shows what kind of objectiveness that is lacking in Boyle.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bulletin board material? Sure!

It’s in bad taste sure but I’m also sure the guy didn’t realize it was gonna be recorded for everyone to see, still don’t make it right but I’d say he never dreamed anyone from JC or anywhere else would ever see or hear it...Thing is while the Boyle Co / Danville area is flatter there’s not a big difference unless it’s changed drastically since last time I was up that way, A whole lot of farm land with hay and tobacco wagons setting around everywhere...Unless your in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green etc Kentucky don’t change much with the exception of some geographical features...
Pulp Fiction Wrote:There are two videos from the Boyle County pep rally with the comments in question.

These are the quotes.......

"They live in these places called Hollers...…"

"A lot of people from Johnson Central can't even count to 100....."

I would lose my moderator position and be banned from BGR if I posted my true feelings about this........ I know for some of you, that would be an early birthday & Christmas gift if that happened.

So here's what I will say.
98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103.......

[Image:

]

Void county has gone too freakin far with this one. They just pi#%@# off a fat man and his posse. The posse will be at Kroger Field ready early tomorrow to open up a can of whoop a$$ on someone and supporting Big Johnson baby.

#tellthembigjohnsoniscomingandhe$$iscomingwiththem More mash taters please!!!
Ballmom1 Wrote:My husband deer hunts down in Boyle Co. For them to throw shade at Johnson County over being too country is laughable.

The video is ridiculous because it came from an administrator. Just shows what kind of objectiveness that is lacking in Boyle.

I've spent a few days down that way as well, and I like the area very much. I really do. It's certainly a beautiful place, but for someone to insinuate that it is a sophisticated thriving metropolis cultural type center does kinda lead one to snicker.
single shot Wrote:It’s in bad taste sure but I’m also sure the guy didn’t realize it was gonna be recorded for everyone to see, still don’t make it right but I’d say he never dreamed anyone from JC or anywhere else would ever see or hear it...Thing is while the Boyle Co / Danville area is flatter there’s not a big difference unless it’s changed drastically since last time I was up that way, A whole lot of farm land with hay and tobacco wagons setting around everywhere...Unless your in Lexington, Louisville, Bowling Green etc Kentucky don’t change much with the exception of some geographical features...

You automatically have to assume everything you do in public is recorded and will find its way to social media these days. Just the times we live in.
single shot Wrote:I’m with ya never wanted to live anywhere but my holler...Grew up hard and didn’t really realize it, parents didn’t have a lot of money but never went hungry just had to work ALL the time...Old man was one of the kindest hard working people I’ve ever known but if you slacked on your chores he would absolutely beat you within an inch of your life...Been blessed in this life, MS from Cumberland and great paying job had the opportunity to leave the area several times and as recently as couple months ago...just can’t do it...
Feels Like Home.
Chuck Smith or someone connected to the team needs to make a statement that what this one person said does not reflect the opinions of the team and fans or Boyle County. I know the superintendent made a statement, but it should come from the team.
Anyone who knows Matney and his motivation tactics know this is better than Santa Clause coming early.

This is USDA Prime Certified Angus Red Meat to Jim Matney.
BCHSrebs Wrote:It's pep rally with young kids and people saying stuff there have no bearing on this game. Thicken up to skin. The boys there play have influence on this game, not words from those that don't. Players decidw

If it was a young kid saying this then I would 100% agree with you.

However, when you’re a school principal who should be setting the example for character this is embarrassing. When you watch the video and see some of the reactions in the background some students were taken back by the comment.

For years Eastern Kentuckians have worked tirelessly to deflect unwarranted narratives and stereotypes. This does nothing to help when coming from a school official.

Time to bust some heads JC.
I'm sure Boyle County is trembling in fear
A-Block Wrote:If it was a young kid saying this then I would 100% agree with you.

However, when you’re a school principal who should be setting the example for character this is embarrassing. When you watch the video and see some of the reactions in the background some students were taken back by the comment.

For years Eastern Kentuckians have worked tirelessly to deflect unwarranted narratives and stereotypes. This does nothing to help when coming from a school official.

Time to bust some heads JC.

One would think that they are watching a video brought to you by the folks from ASH-land directed at whomever the next upcoming opponent just happens to be....Mentality is identical.....You have to pay close attention to the banner in the background to come to realization that this is not from the broadcast division of the "Fightin Pullets" filmed from the pressbox at Tyson Stadium (formerly known as the Dickie Dome).
pjdoug Wrote:I'm sure Boyle County is trembling in fear

I'm shivering, and I'm on the side of the good guys.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:
BCHSrebs Wrote:It's pep rally with young kids and people saying stuff there have no bearing on this game. Thicken up to skin. The boys there play have influence on this game, not words from those that don't. Players decidw

I agree 100% that the players ultimately influence and decide the game. I have the utmost respect for Boyle County's team and their accomplishments. However, as an adult we have a responsibility to be an example to the youth around us. What several adults said on video is totally classless and they should be ashamed of themselves.
Bob Seger Wrote:I'm shivering, and I'm on the side of the good guys.

:yikes::yikes::yikes:

:lmao: I’m with the good guys but I’m not shivering. :dontthink
THOMCAT Wrote:I agree 100% that the players ultimately influence and decide the game. I have the utmost respect for Boyle County's team and their accomplishments. However, as an adult we have a responsibility to be an example to the youth around us. What several adults said on video is totally classless and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Unless I missed it it was ONE adult not several. :dontthink.
know1 Wrote:Chuck Smith or someone connected to the team needs to make a statement that what this one person said does not reflect the opinions of the team and fans or Boyle County. I know the superintendent made a statement, but it should come from the team.

Nobody from the football teams owes anyone anything. Nobody associated with the football team made any statements. Why should the TEAM say anything.
Hatz Wrote:Unless I missed it it was ONE adult not several. :dontthink.

There is more than one video with different people involved, Hatz.
  •  Previous
  • 11(current)
  • Next