Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonds Hits #756 (we will wait to see if this requires an asterisk)
OffTheHook Wrote:Rolleyes Now who's comparing the two? At least Bonds didn't take almost a freakin hour in the lime light. Bonds said his Thanks and was ready to get back to the game. Rolleyes

Way to go Bonds! Smile

Bonds couldn't take an hour because he didn't have to thank anybody except himself. How long did you think it was going to last?

Ripken didn't spend an hour patting himself on the back. He spent the time greeting fans, media, teammates, the opposing team. It wasn't all about him. Get over it.

And where was Bud Selig? Meeting with George Mitchell, the chief investigator in the steroid scandal/Balco investigation last night. Way to go Bonds! http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2965348

When does football start? This Bonds story is gone in a week.
It don't matter, A-Rod will have this record in the near future.
jammin' jamey Wrote:Bonds couldn't take an hour because he didn't have to thank anybody except himself. How long did you think it was going to last?

Ripken didn't spend an hour patting himself on the back. He spent the time greeting fans, media, teammates, the opposing team. It wasn't all about him. Get over it.

And where was Bud Selig? Meeting with George Mitchell, the chief investigator in the steroid scandal/Balco investigation last night. Way to go Bonds!
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2965348

When does football start? This Bonds story is gone in a week.

You know, I am a baseball fan true and through. But, I know guys who work in the mines that hasn't missed a day of work in 20 years and they didn't get the winter off. I also like Ripken as a person better than I do Bonds. BUT, Just showing up for work everyday doesn't impress me as much as showing up and being the best at work.

I'm over it. You guys are the ones who can't get over Bonds and the record.
Redneck Wrote:It don't matter, A-Rod will have this record in the near future.

IF he stays healthy.
OffTheHook Wrote:Bonds said his Thanks and was ready to get back to the game. Rolleyes

Way to go Bonds! Smile

Yeah, since he was done with his part he didn't play anymore. Who cares about winning right?

He took himself out of the game after that, and the Giants lost.

I take some pleasure in knowing that Bonds will never win a World Series title though or maybe even compete for a winning team again.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I watched the homerun last night, just for the shear fact that I'm a baseball fan and I LOVE everything about it. But you know what? In no way did I feel the same way about this record being broken than what I felt when I watched Cal Ripken. Why? I'm not sure. I should have been sitting there with my little brother, saying "Wow! This is baseball history. This is a moment you will never forget." But I didn't. Sure, Barry Bonds broke the record. And it made me sick when he didn't even acknowledge his own son when he crossed home plate. This guy is one of the most selfish players in the game today. The sad thing is, he was a Hall of Fame caliber player before this whole steroid thing began. He was a 40/40 player in Pittsburgh. Hell, he's won what, 8 Gold Gloves? He didn't need any "drugs" to enhance his performance (if in fact he used them, I realize he has yet to be proven guilty). They had interviews with current Hall of Famers about Bonds and his chase. I LOVE what Phil Neikro said in his little clip. "After this is over, I'll question myself as much as I can question myself. Hank can tell you he did it. Hank can look you in the face and say 'I did it right.' Can Barry do that? Can Barry look you in the face and tell you he did it right?" Can he? Can Bonds look baseball fans across the world in the eyes and say "I did it the right way?"
Barry didn't lose the game for them. Zito hasn't pitched for crapp this year. The Giants would keep getting the lead and Zito would give it up. Not Bonds, Hell he was 3-3, with a 1B,2B & HR.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:I watched the homerun last night, just for the shear fact that I'm a baseball fan and I LOVE everything about it. But you know what? In no way did I feel the same way about this record being broken than what I felt when I watched Cal Ripken. Why? I'm not sure. I should have been sitting there with my little brother, saying "Wow! This is baseball history. This is a moment you will never forget." But I didn't. Sure, Barry Bonds broke the record. And it made me sick when he didn't even acknowledge his own son when he crossed home plate. This guy is one of the most selfish players in the game today. The sad thing is, he was a Hall of Fame caliber player before this whole steroid thing began. He was a 40/40 player in Pittsburgh. Hell, he's won what, 8 Gold Gloves? He didn't need any "drugs" to enhance his performance (if in fact he used them, I realize he has yet to be proven guilty). They had interviews with current Hall of Famers about Bonds and his chase. I LOVE what Phil Neikro said in his little clip. "After this is over, I'll question myself as much as I can question myself. Hank can tell you he did it. Hank can look you in the face and say 'I did it right.' Can Barry do that? Can Barry look you in the face and tell you he did it right?" Can he? Can Bonds look baseball fans across the world in the eyes and say "I did it the right way?"

He did last night during the post game enterviews. He said "This record is not tainted. Period."
OffTheHook Wrote:Rolleyes Now who's comparing the two? At least Bonds didn't take almost a freakin hour in the lime light. Bonds said his Thanks and was ready to get back to the game. Rolleyes

Way to go Bonds! Smile

He "got back in the game" for a good 60 seconds until someone came to take his place.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Agreed...in 5 years.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ComfortEagle Wrote:He "got back in the game" for a good 60 seconds until someone came to take his place.

I didn't say back in the game. I said back to the game.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah, since he was done with his part he didn't play anymore. Who cares about winning right?

I take some pleasure in knowing that Bonds will never win a World Series title though or maybe even compete for a winning team again.

Exactly...I feel the same way and excellent point - the Giants lost the game. Barry didn't care though. I'll make this prediction, Barry plays sporatically the rest of the year and will not be in a Giants uniform next season. He's something like 80 hits away from 3,000, he'll play somewhere, but it won't be in SF.

OfftheHook Wrote:Barry didn't lose the game for them. Zito hasn't pitched for crapp this year. The Giants would keep getting the lead and Zito would give it up. Not Bonds, Hell he was 3-3, with a 1B,2B & HR.

You should be Barry's PR guy. Smile

OfftheHook Wrote:He did last night during the post game interviews. He said "This record is not tainted. Period."

Barry "sounds" like he used to be Raffy Palmerio's PR guy. Smile Smile
OffTheHook Wrote:I didn't say back in the game. I said back to the game.

Like it makes a difference.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah, and when Bonds plays post season baseball, he's about as effective as I am swinging a major league bat. F Bonds. Too bad he doesnt care if he ever wins a World Series title though. He never gave a shit when he was in Pittsburgh, and he doesnt now. Winning doesnt mean anything to Bonds. Homeruns mean everything.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah, since he was done with his part he didn't play anymore. Who cares about winning right?

I hope your right bro. Anybody but Bonds. I dont care who it is, but somebody needs to break that record.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Like it makes a difference.

When you quote a guy it does. Especially when you quote something that wasn't said.
Either way, Barry didn't get back to the game which is what you were saying. He did what he was concerned about (which was not winning....it was hitting his beloved home run) and then left the game.

Yeah, maybe he didn't take an hour and delay the game, he just left and watched his team lose.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm just glad I won't have to constantly see his face plastered all over the TV whenever I turn it over to ESPN. Thank goodness this farce is over, now let's get back to real baseball that matters.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
He put his team ahead and the pitching lost it for them. They paid Zito Millions to win games and he is the one who let them down as he has all season. Not Barry. The manager took him out. What would it look like if he argued with the management? I'll tell ya, wrong. Roberts is better defensively right now. More range than the 43 year old Barry. Barry did what he was paid to do. Zito didn't. So don't even try that. Sorry but that is a dead end arguement with me. By the way he hit another tonight.
In the future years A-Rod (if he stays healthy) will present a much more respectable figure for this record. I just can not look at Barry Bonds as this type of "record setter" that he has turned into. Even before the steriod accusations I still did not think of him as a superstar in my book. He just has never had the right personality IMO. I never could stand his arrogance, I hate seeing his face on TV with 775 and steriods right next to it. In my mind this record has now fell into the baseball X-files until A-Rod or someone a little more respectable overtake Bonds arrogant reign over the home run title.
OK, so he hit another homer tonight. I just really hope that I don't have to see it when I try to see some highlights tonight.

ESPN has become the "Barry Bonds: all Barry, all the time" channel recently. Maybe they can move on to something that matters now. Like, pro bowling or competitive eating.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:OK, so he hit another homer tonight. I just really hope that I don't have to see it when I try to see some highlights tonight.

ESPN has become the "Barry Bonds: all Barry, all the time" channel recently. Maybe they can move on to something that matters now. Like, pro bowling or competitive eating.

HECK YEAH! Competitive eating is where it is at lol. Especially now that the title is back in the US. WOOOOOO Johnny Chestnut (Correct me if that was not his name)
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:HECK YEAH! Competitive eating is where it is at lol. Especially now that the title is back in the US. WOOOOOO Johnny Chestnut (Correct me if that was not his name)
It's Joey Chestnut, nonetheless, the title is back in the U.S.! Smile
StrikeoutKing Wrote:It's Joey Chestnut, nonetheless, the title is back in the U.S.! Smile

Thanks for correcting me man lol. I don't want to spread false info.
i hope not all A-rod cares about is the money he does not respect the game if he did he would give up some of that money he makes to make team better.