Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bonds Hits #756 (we will wait to see if this requires an asterisk)
Barry Bonds just hit home run #756 against the Washington Nationals.

Congrats.....Rolleyes
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You must have been sitting there ready to hit enter! lol

Congrats to Bonds! Smile
get on with the game
The home run was hit at approx. 11:48 pm ET. Afterwards the game was stopped and a video was played over the big screens. The video contained Hank Aaron congratulating Bonds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
wooooooooo hank... switch sides much??
Maybe we can get back to baseball and the playoff races now.
Bonds then spoke to the crowd thanking all the fans, thanking his teammates, thanking his family, thanking the opposing team for allowing the game to stop play for this moment, and he then rose his hands in the air and thanked his father.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Was getting on here to post this, congrats to Bonds on this record breaking achievement!
Panther Thunder Wrote:wooooooooo hank... switch sides much??

????:confused:
legitimate question do steroids make ur voice higher?? cause ive noticed he has a high voice or has it wlways been like that?
His voice has always been that way.
OffTheHook Wrote:????:confused:
it seemed the whole time he was against Bonds
i wonder who caught the ball?
oh. gotcha
Panther Thunder Wrote:i wonder who caught the ball?

A now RICH man. lol

Bonds now just needs a triple for the cycle. Think he can do it? lol NOT!

We don't know who caught it, but they showed the guy being carried out of the stadium by security for his own protection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Game resumed play at approx. 12:01 am ET.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OffTheHook Wrote:A now RICH man. lol
lil bit....
i just noticed that if my posts were homeruns i just passed babe ruth
OffTheHook Wrote:A now RICH man. lol

haha, that is the truth. But yeah he was bombarded by security in a matter of no time.
Congrats Barry!!!
any one else notice on the replay none of the nationals gave him a hiogh five or shook his hand while he was rounding thwe bases
ComfortEagle Wrote:We don't know who caught it, but they showed the guy being carried out of the stadium by security for his own protection.
mets fann haha priceless
Thank goodness that debacle is now over. It will all be moot point in a few years anyways so he should enjoy it while it lasts.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That person is instantly a millionaire lol.
Im with you there, but regardless its still a sad sad day for baseball. Hopefully we wont have to see Bonds and his homerun totals (*) on top for long..
alfus21 Wrote:Thank goodness that debacle is now over. It will all be moot point in a few years anyways so he should enjoy it while it lasts.
no it should not he is that good.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Barry Bonds just hit home run #756 against the Washington Nationals.

Congrats.....Rolleyes

* * * * * * * :rockon:

Matt Murphy from Queens, NY...He was on a lay over in SF before going to Australia. Bought a ticket before the game...

The ball is allegedly worth anywhere from $400,000 to $600,000. The Mark McGwire 62 homerun ball at its peak was worth over $3 million. Nobody is fooled by this except the SF's people who support "their guy."

Some interesting points about last night:
Bud Selig was not present - there were two MLB reps present, one being Hall of Famer Frank Robinson. Neither appeared on the field for the ceremony.

Hank Aaron's video message was done a month ago. Aaron agreed to make one public statement about the event and we all saw it last night. The man endured hell while chasing the record as a black man in the deep south in the early 70's with death threats and such. He didn't want to re-live those events all over again. Plus, he's not going to go through the trouble because Bonds is a jerk, let alone that he cheated with HGH, steroids and what not.

The only people to congratulate him on the field were his momma, wife and kids. His own son was standing at homeplate pointing #1 to Bonds as he came home and Barry brushed him off! Then hugged him. Barry had to point to the heaven's first instead of embracing his own son. His Godfather, Willie Mays, was there and has supported him throughout. None of his teammates came out hugging his neck...The Washington Nationals didn't congratulate him or leave the dugout the shake his hand...Nobody cares because it's all about him - Barry had his moment and now it's done!

And don't get me started about the ESPN SportsCenter wrap with John "company man" Kruk praising Bonds for everything he's achieved.

All I could think off last night was Cal Ripken - basically because someone here tried to compare Bonds with Ripken or something. I remember when Ripken broke the consecutive games streak, the game was stopped forever. Ripken walked around the entire ballpark, signing his John Hancock, shaking hands and swapping high fives.

Barry "its all about me" Bonds. 7 filthy 6.
Barry Bonds is the greatest leftfielder and slugger of alltime hands down
jammin' jamey Wrote:Matt Murphy from Queens, NY...He was on a lay over in SF before going to Australia. Bought a ticket before the game...

The ball is allegedly worth anywhere from $400,000 to $600,000. The Mark McGwire 62 homerun ball at its peak was worth over $3 million. Nobody is fooled by this except the SF's people who support "their guy."

Some interesting points about last night:
Bud Selig was not present - there were two MLB reps present, one being Hall of Famer Frank Robinson. Neither appeared on the field for the ceremony.

Hank Aaron's video message was done a month ago. Aaron agreed to make one public statement about the event and we all saw it last night. The man endured hell while chasing the record as a black man in the deep south in the early 70's with death threats and such. He didn't want to re-live those events all over again. Plus, he's not going to go through the trouble because Bonds is a jerk, let alone that he cheated with HGH, steroids and what not.

The only people to congratulate him on the field were his momma, wife and kids. His own son was standing at homeplate pointing #1 to Bonds as he came home and Barry brushed him off! Then hugged him. Barry had to point to the heaven's first instead of embracing his own son. His Godfather, Willie Mays, was there and has supported him throughout. None of his teammates came out hugging his neck...The Washington Nationals didn't congratulate him or leave the dugout the shake his hand...Nobody cares because it's all about him - Barry had his moment and now it's done!

And don't get me started about the ESPN SportsCenter wrap with John "company man" Kruk praising Bonds for everything he's achieved.

All I could think off last night was Cal Ripken - basically because someone here tried to compare Bonds with Ripken or something. I remember when Ripken broke the consecutive games streak, the game was stopped forever. Ripken walked around the entire ballpark, signing his John Hancock, shaking hands and swapping high fives.

Barry "its all about me" Bonds. 7 filthy 6.

Rolleyes Now who's comparing the two? At least Bonds didn't take almost a freakin hour in the lime light. Bonds said his Thanks and was ready to get back to the game. Rolleyes

Way to go Bonds! Smile