Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 63 Corbin 49
Hatz Wrote:Hoot, Corbin was the defending state Runner-Up, not champion. :Thumbs:
Even better. I keep forgetting that Boyle County never made it to the finals last season. :biggrin:
It’s hard to argue the better player as they are two very different positions. I will say that Sloan is more important to Wayne than Smith is to Boyle. But this isn’t the thread for that. Two teams just played a dang good ball game.

Granny said it best for next week, two completely different types of teams that Wayne will face. See you guys next year😉
Congrats to Wayne Co, should be a good one next weekend.

What's become of the Longmire kid from Corbin? He was big news last season, haven't heard anything about him this season. Injured?
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Wayne County just beat the defending state champion that shut out Boyle County 21-0 just over one year ago. I think big boy football has already begun. Johnson Central has a great deal of respect for Wayne County's football team. They are talented, very well coached, and always peak at the right time of the season.

Are you trying to say Corbin 2018 is similar to Corbin 2019?

🙄

If Wayne Co puts up 150 yards of rushing against Johnson Central I'll be shocked.
Fan of Jewell Field Wrote:Not even in the same stratosphere? I hope you're just somebody looking to start trouble on a thread, as that might possibly be the worst post in the history of this site and that's saying something. No question Boyle County has a great team, tremendous to be honest, but go back under the rock you crawled from under.....Kid rushes for 408 yards on 37 carries with 7 TDs in the district championship game against a team that was back to back Class 3A Runner-up and you start about big-boy football. I am not gonna argue, but facts are he holds the KHSAA single season scoring record and managed that in 11-games. Yeah he's not the same stratosphere, he's probably a little better.

I'm not starting anything. He's a great player but he's not a better football player than Reese Smith and it's not close.

I will say this. If he can continue to do this moving forward (big boy football) then I'll admit I'm wrong. Good luck at Johnson Central.
FoSho Wrote:Are you trying to say Corbin 2018 is similar to Corbin 2019?

🙄

If Wayne Co puts up 150 yards of rushing against Johnson Central I'll be shocked.
According to CalPreps, Wayne County will be the best team that Johnson Central has played this season and the Cardinals are better than any team that Boyle County has played or will play this season, with the possible exception of the state finals. The Golden Eagles will not get caught looking past the Cardinals.
Wayne Co will have success on JC, BUT JC has a better defense than Wayne Co.
As good as Wayne Co is offensively, there are not a stout defensive team. Just look at scores
Not for sure how long the trip is for Wayne Co. but will have to take a plane to get there. 😂
I was blown away by this score, the fact Sloan ran for 1,212 feet or 404yds unencumbered, (That's 4 times 3 yards, coast to coast) against a senior dominated defenses, one of the best in the state proves he's a D1 talent.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:According to CalPreps, Wayne County will be the best team that Johnson Central has played this season and the Cardinals are better than any team that Boyle County has played or will play this season, with the possible exception of the state finals. The Golden Eagles will not get caught looking past the Cardinals.

Let's see. Since you like to compare teams. Wayne Co lost to Pulaski Co that lost to LexCath which we beat 118-35.

Yep you're right, we haven't played anybody as good as Wayne Co.

🙄

Sorry Card fans, I will get back on topic.

You guys got a great team and player in Sloan. Good luck at JC.
told you guys in preseason they wouldn’t make it past wayne and wont next year either .. they won’t have a shot until sloan graduates or greer comes back ..
Congrats to Wayne County. Sloan's numbers all year have been other worldly.
FoSho Wrote:Let's see. Since you like to compare teams. Wayne Co lost to Pulaski Co that lost to LexCath which we beat 118-35.

Yep you're right, we haven't played anybody as good as Wayne Co.

🙄

Sorry Card fans, I will get back on topic.

You guys got a great team and player in Sloan. Good luck at JC.
I know that I'm right, but thanks for the vote of confidence. Great programs improve as the season progresses and normally peak during the playoffs (barring serious injuries to key players). Wayne County is better than Lexington Catholic at this point in time. The Knights were early season wonders whose season went south.

Of course, no team can compare to the state's best team, Boyle County, in your expert opinion, and BC's opponents just have to be better than JC's opponents. How could an objective computer ranking possibly be more accurate than your own opinion? And, how can a multitude of paid D1 recruiters possibly be better judges of football talent than you are? :biglmao:
Oldtiger Wrote:I was blown away by this score, the fact Sloan ran for 1,212 feet or 404yds unencumbered, (That's 4 times 3 yards, coast to coast) against a senior dominated defenses, one of the best in the state proves he's a D1 talent.

Look, I am a redhound through and through, and Sloan absolutely shredded us. But to say Corbin had one of the best defenses in the state is so off base that I cannot even accurately describe just how off base it is.
i can't wait to finally see johnson's field. been looking forward to it all season
Nobody taking my joy away, nor anybody here saying anything but Johnson Central and Boyle County both huge favorites against my Cardinals. Both have nothing but great respect from me and most of the WC fan-base. Wayne is playing with "house money" as the #3 preseason team in their district and certainly underdogs this week at JC. To be honest if Sloan doesn't gain a yard this upcoming week, he'll still average over 250 in the playoffs. You changed not in stratosphere to it's not close.....I've watched Smith play two sports and multiple games and he's a tremendous athlete, but if you think he's that much better an athlete than Sloan....that statement won't age well. I'm a fan of Smith and nothing but respect for his talents, but never ever ever do I think he miles ahead of Sloan. Quote me, bring it up years later if you want, Braedon Sloan is a special player and one of the best to play in the 12th Region, you'll get opportunities to watch him on Saturdays with any basic cable package, he's that good and a better kid. Johnson Central is bad-news, Boyle County is bad-news....Wayne County is just a hard-working, undersized bunch, with a helluva coach that plays the game the right way and has a once in a program type player this season. I love the Cards, I love football and 10-1 is a great season at any level.
Not taking anything away from our Redhound seniors they gave us all they had and I’ll always love them for it, Congrats to Wayne Co best of luck next week..that being said this Corbin defense is nowhere close to being what it was the last couple years that’s not a shot at the kids or coaches it’s fact, the linebacking corps alone lost 3 kids who accounted for over 70% of the teams tackles last year...While I agree with FoSho to an extent, JC and Boyle defense will be a different animal, I still see Sloan with at least 100 yds rushing he’s that special...Trying to compare Smith and Sloan is apples and oranges different skill sets, it would be hard for one to do what the other does if they switched positions...Let’s do both kids a favor enjoy watching them at this level while we can it’s not everyday that high school football in eastern KY gets blessed with such special players at the same time...
FoSho Wrote:Not even in the same stratosphere as Reese Smith.

This is a clearly biased statement. Reese smith is a great young man and ball player. However, Braedon Sloan is the greatest talent I have seen in the state of Kentucky. His field vision and acceleration is what sets him apart from the best. I would compare his game to the likes of Joe Mixon, or Kylin Hill. You will not find another kid community rounded then Braedon, he is a true student athlete! 3.7 GPA, perfect attendance through his school career. Looking forward to next week!
Last night especially, coach Shawn Thompson and OC Tyler Guffey’s play calling was another great aspect of the game. Loved the play calls. Huge props to the O line coach as well! The trench war def went in the favor of Wayne county. Truly a great coaching performance all around.
Last night especially, coach Shawn Thompson and OC Tyler Guffey’s play calling was another great aspect of the game. Loved the play calls. Huge props to the O line coach as well! The trench war def went in the favor of Wayne county. Truly a great coaching performance all around.
4AKentuckyBoy Wrote:Last night especially, coach Shawn Thompson and OC Tyler Guffey’s play calling was another great aspect of the game. Loved the play calls. Huge props to the O line coach as well! The trench war def went in the favor of Wayne county. Truly a great coaching performance all around.

Is Kevin Slone not the OC?
Honest question.

What team on the Wayne Co schedule has a good defense?
Walt Longmire Wrote:Is Kevin Slone not the OC?

I’m pretty sure Tyler Guffey is OC, I know Slone has been in the box in recent years but Tyler Guffey was in the box in a few previous games I have attended and yesterday’s game.
In recent games I have heard Tyler Guffey was OC. I know Slone has been in the box in recent years, he might have moved on? I have not seen him in the Wayne county games I have attended this year.

kevin sloan is athletic director for wayne county
Kevin Slone has never been OC at Wayne County or the athletic director.
Athletic Director for Wayne County is Kevin Jones.
Braedon Sloan, good!
Reese smith, good!

Both are good, but it ain’t like being the best player in Kentucky gets you a $500 gift certificate to Dave and busters so who gives a sh!t right now? None of the 4 teams left are guaranteed anything, id
Be worried about that right now
Who is D coord at Corbin? Greer not still there is he
Reese Smith better suited for next level.