Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 53 Belfry 16
Total team effort from Central. One of the best games I have seen a Golden Eagle team play, and I have seen a couple in my day. This team is unselfish, balanced, and experienced, and it is beautiful to watch.
#55PirateFan Wrote:#55 has been hurt most of the season. It started with a bad ankle sprain before the season ever started. For the past 3 games hes been playing with a slight meniscus tear and a stretched ACL. But he's still out there trying to lead by example. He may not be playing at 100% but he's still playing at a pretty high level. And if you have the opportunity and have HUDL access, go watch the film against JC last night. He dominated from the Center position. But he has had a couple of nagging injuries that's he's been dealing with though all season long.

Since PeeWee league, he has missed one game his entire career. And that was against Lawrence County this year. And he would have played that one but the coaches refused to let him. He's my son and I'm probably a little bias but I guarantee you nobody is harder on him than I am. But that's one thing I'm the most proud of with him, he's played no matter what was hurting him or what circumstances was going on in his life. There is no tougher and more loyal to his team.

He has been quite Dline, but honestly he's been quite his entire career. That's just the life of a lineman. The skill guys are the ones that make the papers and get all the awards while the big guys just go out, do their job, head to the showers, then start all back over the next day. And that's the way they like it. Atleast that's how #55 likes it anyway. But to answer your question, he's still out there protecting the QB and blocking for his RB's trying to enjoy the last couple of weeks he has left playing high school football.
I was meaning you. You always seem to have a honest view of the game. I watched your boy. He played very well last night. Fighters are always going to keep fighting 👍
Dline Wrote:I was meaning you. You always seem to have a honest view of the game. I watched your boy. He played very well last night. Fighters are always going to keep fighting 👍

Thanks brother, I appreciate that. And what you said about Ethan to.

I still read Belfry threads just don't comment on them anymore. Only reason I commented on this one was because I thought we were asking about my son. But I'm still very active on all the other threads. Congrats to the Eagles though. They are a great team and will go very deep in the playoffs. And have the potential and talent to go all the way. Good luck.
Thanks for the memories, Pond Creek Nation. Friday night was our final trip to the CAM to watch our boy, and Belfry fans and staff, as usual, were the professionals and truest football fans around. I'm gonna miss that trip, the view of the mountains off 119, the atmosphere at CAM and the ALWAYS physical competition you get from the Pirates. A school more steeped in football tradition you will not find in the mountains of eastern Kentucky. May God bless your boys, your coaches & your community. There's way more that binds us together than separates us. I hope we can see that Ship of Pirates sail once more into Kroger Field and that amazing group of seniors brandish another state title. Wouldn't it be a blast to bring home 3 titles to the east this year!!!! All my respect-from Ryley's dad.
BoltCoach9 Wrote:Thanks for the memories, Pond Creek Nation. Friday night was our final trip to the CAM to watch our boy, and Belfry fans and staff, as usual, were the professionals and truest football fans around. I'm gonna miss that trip, the view of the mountains off 119, the atmosphere at CAM and the ALWAYS physical competition you get from the Pirates. A school more steeped in football tradition you will not find in the mountains of eastern Kentucky. May God bless your boys, your coaches & your community. There's way more that binds us together than separates us. I hope we can see that Ship of Pirates sail once more into Kroger Field and that amazing group of seniors brandish another state title. Wouldn't it be a blast to bring home 3 titles to the east this year!!!! All my respect-from Ryley's dad.

This is a first class post. Thank you. And the same goes for the Eagles. Very respected, well coached, outstanding athletes, and deep in tradition program that is one of the best in the state. Good luck to the Eagles as well. Me and my son Ethan talked just the other day about how good Ryley is and how talented this group of Eagles are. We saw first hand Friday night matter of fact! Lol! Good luck to him in the future. The skies the limit for that young man. I'm sure you are very proud and you should be my friend.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:1. How bout those Eagles? This is a fantastic team and perhaps one of the most balanced teams Matney has had overall. Solid Defensively, great up front, hard running backs, excellent QB play, and capable Special Teams.

We can all only hope to see JC vs. Boyle at Kroger Field.

2. Belfry was outclassed. Even if the Pirates brought their A-game they were not going to beat JC. With that said, you cannot make the catacylsmic mistakes Belfry did to even think about being in this game.

The mis-fielded squib kick after an unnecessary 15 yard penalty to set JC up on a short field when they already had all the momentum.

The fumble when you are finally driving and looking like you are about to get back in the game.

The incredibly awful end of the Half.

The blown coverage on the deep pass.

That was not Championship competing plays and when you make those mistakes against a great team it not only means big plays, but scoreboard changing plays.

3. Here's the good news Pirate fans:
Class 3A is incredibly mediocre this year. Period.

Bell County needs to be the rightful #1 and we are talking about a team who has their two best wins as 22-8 vs. Whitley County and 32-14 against Harlan County. Not exactly fear inspiring.

DeSales just lost to a very mediocre Meade County.

DeSales, CAL, Mercer County, Ashland, Tilghman, and Etown all have blowout losses of their own on their resume.

The title is there for the taking, but if Belfry wins it I never want to hear anyone talking about "How unbelievable this team was that they made a run".
Bell County beat Whitley County 42-21, and Whitley County is good.
Dline Wrote:What did you all do with 55 ? He’s been quite.

quite what?
#55PirateFan Wrote:#55 has been hurt most of the season. It started with a bad ankle sprain before the season ever started. For the past 3 games hes been playing with a slight meniscus tear and a stretched ACL. But he's still out there trying to lead by example. He may not be playing at 100% but he's still playing at a pretty high level. And if you have the opportunity and have HUDL access, go watch the film against JC last night. He dominated from the Center position. But he has had a couple of nagging injuries that's he's been dealing with though all season long.

Since PeeWee league, he has missed one game his entire career. And that was against Lawrence County this year. And he would have played that one but the coaches refused to let him. He's my son and I'm probably a little bias but I guarantee you nobody is harder on him than I am. But that's one thing I'm the most proud of with him, he's played no matter what was hurting him or what circumstances was going on in his life. There is no tougher and more loyal to his team.

He has been quite Dline, but honestly he's been quite his entire career. That's just the life of a lineman. The skill guys are the ones that make the papers and get all the awards while the big guys just go out, do their job, head to the showers, then start all back over the next day. And that's the way they like it. Atleast that's how #55 likes it anyway. But to answer your question, he's still out there protecting the QB and blocking for his RB's trying to enjoy the last couple of weeks he has left playing high school football.

I'll have to watch the video. I hate to hear of his nagging injuries, and hope he is at full health soon.
pjdoug Wrote:I'll have to watch the video. I hate to hear of his nagging injuries, and hope he is at full health soon.

Thanks pj, appreciate that my friend.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Thanks pj, appreciate that my friend.

You're welcome, Sir!. I wish you and your family nothing but the best