Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 53 Belfry 16
Congrats Golden Eagles
Great win for JC! Picked em to win this one... but not by that much!
JC completely dominated the game from start to finish. A show down with Boyle Co. seems inevitable. This JC team will be hard to prepare for and extremely hard to stop. Lex Catholic played Fredrick Douglas very tuff tonight. 4A seems to be down to three teams and I’m not afraid to put my money on JC. Belfry’s style gave Boyle some fits last year and JC is that x10.

Belfry needs to figure some things out. The 9 game schedule has been strange for Belfry. It has allowed them to get healthy but it also has hampered them in game time situations against quality teams. They play like I would picture them during two straight weeks of practice. Just going through the motions. The speed of the game and game time plays looks like a bad Achilles. Maybe the next several weeks will help. Even though the next two games will be a lot of bench time for the starters. The supposed leaders that are seniors need to step up and take the lead. They have the talent but lack the leadership that demands perfection.
JC enters the playoffs by completing only their 5th 10-0 regular season record in program history (2000, 2006, 2013, 2014 & 2019) in Historic fashion..... by putting the first ever running clock on Belfry @ The CAM.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
JC also took over #2 in the RPI and will host Franklin Co if they both keep winning.

https://khsaa.org/rpi_details/?event_id=1170
Can anybody tell me what’s wrong with this Belfry Team I got my own opinion but would like to here what other people thinks.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:JC enters the playoffs by completing only their 5th 10-0 regular season record in program history (2000, 2006, 2013, 2014 & 2019) in Historic fashion..... by putting the first ever running clock on Belfry @ The CAM.

Ouch. It was like that huh.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Can anybody tell me what’s wrong with this Belfry Team I got my own opinion but would like to here what other people thinks.

Maybe not enough leadership from their seniors and better players but I think Johnson Central is just that good. They may be better than the team that won the state championship.
Wow is all I have to say about this one. Johnson Central is that good, a Boyle County matchup looks like it could end up being the best game in the state if it happens.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Can anybody tell me what’s wrong with this Belfry Team I got my own opinion but would like to here what other people thinks.

One thing I noticed was belfry stands we're have empty, I never seen a small belfry crowd like last night,
1. How bout those Eagles? This is a fantastic team and perhaps one of the most balanced teams Matney has had overall. Solid Defensively, great up front, hard running backs, excellent QB play, and capable Special Teams.

We can all only hope to see JC vs. Boyle at Kroger Field.

2. Belfry was outclassed. Even if the Pirates brought their A-game they were not going to beat JC. With that said, you cannot make the catacylsmic mistakes Belfry did to even think about being in this game.

The mis-fielded squib kick after an unnecessary 15 yard penalty to set JC up on a short field when they already had all the momentum.

The fumble when you are finally driving and looking like you are about to get back in the game.

The incredibly awful end of the Half.

The blown coverage on the deep pass.

That was not Championship competing plays and when you make those mistakes against a great team it not only means big plays, but scoreboard changing plays.

3. Here's the good news Pirate fans:
Class 3A is incredibly mediocre this year. Period.

Bell County needs to be the rightful #1 and we are talking about a team who has their two best wins as 22-8 vs. Whitley County and 32-14 against Harlan County. Not exactly fear inspiring.

DeSales just lost to a very mediocre Meade County.

DeSales, CAL, Mercer County, Ashland, Tilghman, and Etown all have blowout losses of their own on their resume.

The title is there for the taking, but if Belfry wins it I never want to hear anyone talking about "How unbelievable this team was that they made a run".
Happy for my Eagles, never dreamed by that margin though. Pirates will go far, I'm sure Coach Haywood will build a fire under their tails.
Had a feeling JC might blow this one open.

Don’t think anyone in Pond Creek should be hanging their heads, because they just seen one of the better teams in the state regardless of class. Won’t be anyone near that good in the 3A playoffs.
I think a lot of the fans were already in Lexington with the middle school.
Mine too

JC is just better than Belfry this season. Belfry had some mosques no doubt but Jc controlled the LOS most of the night.
eagles2011 Wrote:One thing I noticed was belfry stands we're have empty, I never seen a small belfry crowd like last night,

Could have possibly been because the middle school team left yesterday around noon to head to Lexington for state. Some of the parents have kids on the high school and middle school teams so they weren't there for the high school game. But there has been lower attendance than what previous years have been.
Well I’m sure this will make some mad but I don’t care we’ve had teams with less talent play much better I just don’t see no heart maybe in a couple individuals but not as a team yes JC was just a better team but Belfry has some soul searching to do and someone better take charge and become a leader. I hope a fire gets lit under this team because they got potential. “ GO BELFRY”
eagles2011 Wrote:One thing I noticed was belfry stands we're have empty, I never seen a small belfry crowd like last night,

When your not doing what the fans are used to they stay at home and listen to it on the radio.
I only get to listen to the games but Bobby and Coach Mick do a heck of a job conveying not just the game but the emotion of the game and this year the team has felt like it’s missing that spark, call it heart, call it leadership, call it fortitude, whatever you want, it feels like it’s absent. This Belfry team is talented, but talent only goes so far. Look at how many times Mr Football comes from a team with a bad record?

If this team doesn’t find its identity soon things might go south quickly, everyone is taking about Ashland and I’m sitting here remembering ‘09 and ‘98 when a district opponent Belfry beat in the regular sent them packing in the playoffs. I say they need to refocus find that spark and look at one game at a time and not worry about Ashland, Russell, Bell, DeSales or anyone else not in their direct path until they have to.
Belfry will be fine!!! They have had an amazing run in the last 7 years or so. Eventually there will be a talent drop off or a year where other teams close that gap or surpass it. I honestly think they are kind of like us this year, only we didn’t have the kind of run they have had. Eventually you graduate a lot of good players. Law of statistics eventually catch up and you have “down” years. Both mentioned will be back on top in no time. It’s frustrating, but fans have to remember these are kids. Sometimes confidence and that “spark” can be ignited by the fan base not giving up, and I’m not saying they did, it just seems like people are kind of “down” right now on here. Kids can quickly go from one end of the emotional spectrum to the other, we as adults needs to do our best to keep them positive and going forward. The good thing for belfry is 3A is down overall. They’ve still got a solid chance to make it back to Kroger field! Good luck to you guys.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:Well I’m sure this will make some mad but I don’t care we’ve had teams with less talent play much better I just don’t see no heart maybe in a couple individuals but not as a team yes JC was just a better team but Belfry has some soul searching to do and someone better take charge and become a leader. I hope a fire gets lit under this team because they got potential. “ GO BELFRY”

Agreed....leadership can’t just be for a game or two, it has to be every night no matter who you play. This team has potential but does it have leaders and the heart of a champion? Playoffs usually reveal all of this.
Hound05 Wrote:Belfry will be fine!!! They have had an amazing run in the last 7 years or so. Eventually there will be a talent drop off or a year where other teams close that gap or surpass it. I honestly think they are kind of like us this year, only we didn’t have the kind of run they have had. Eventually you graduate a lot of good players. Law of statistics eventually catch up and you have “down” years. Both mentioned will be back on top in no time. It’s frustrating, but fans have to remember these are kids. Sometimes confidence and that “spark” can be ignited by the fan base not giving up, and I’m not saying they did, it just seems like people are kind of “down” right now on here. Kids can quickly go from one end of the emotional spectrum to the other, we as adults needs to do our best to keep them positive and going forward. The good thing for belfry is 3A is down overall. They’ve still got a solid chance to make it back to Kroger field! Good luck to you guys.

Number 5 is ball player on any team
Belfry will be ok I think I would use the kid little more that scored the second touchdown , good luck belfry reast of the season, I no both teams probably got bunch sore kids today
Ficsal game,
I wouldn't want to be in Belfry's practices this week or their next opponent....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
eagles2011 Wrote:Number 5 is ball player on any team
Belfry will be ok I think I would use the kid little more that scored the second touchdown , good luck belfry reast of the season, I no both teams probably got bunch sore kids today
Ficsal game,

I agree with every word you said
Hound05 Wrote:I agree with every word you said

😂all of them.
Dline Wrote:😂all of them.

I was hoping someone would catch it
What did you all do with 55 ? He’s been quite.
Dline Wrote:What did you all do with 55 ? He’s been quite.

We are all wondering that? He may be in training not sure.
Dline Wrote:What did you all do with 55 ? He’s been quite.

#55 has been hurt most of the season. It started with a bad ankle sprain before the season ever started. For the past 3 games hes been playing with a slight meniscus tear and a stretched ACL. But he's still out there trying to lead by example. He may not be playing at 100% but he's still playing at a pretty high level. And if you have the opportunity and have HUDL access, go watch the film against JC last night. He dominated from the Center position. But he has had a couple of nagging injuries that's he's been dealing with though all season long.

Since PeeWee league, he has missed one game his entire career. And that was against Lawrence County this year. And he would have played that one but the coaches refused to let him. He's my son and I'm probably a little bias but I guarantee you nobody is harder on him than I am. But that's one thing I'm the most proud of with him, he's played no matter what was hurting him or what circumstances was going on in his life. There is no tougher and more loyal to his team.

He has been quite Dline, but honestly he's been quite his entire career. That's just the life of a lineman. The skill guys are the ones that make the papers and get all the awards while the big guys just go out, do their job, head to the showers, then start all back over the next day. And that's the way they like it. Atleast that's how #55 likes it anyway. But to answer your question, he's still out there protecting the QB and blocking for his RB's trying to enjoy the last couple of weeks he has left playing high school football.