Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#7 Murray @ #1 Mayfield 10-25-19
Please understand I hope Mayfield is 20 pts better than everyone. But in 2017 and 18 Mayfield had bigger, faster and better defensive lineman. The linebacker core was superior and put fear into WKY ball carriers. Somerset and LCA will need to be far inferior to the 2017 Danville and 2018 CAL teams for the Cards to be 10 pts better. I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Right it down, should I be wrong I don't mind taking the crow. LCA has a impressive schedule with results to back it so they have proven they can I just do not believe they will. Somerset has played a schedule that really only tells us they would be #1 or #2 if they were 1A. Their only 2 non district games that were against anyone larger than 2A was against lightly regarded Rock and a not very good Montgomery Co. So maybe they can but I do not think so.

But Somerset has obviously proven that they can play even with LCA. I guess that proves nothing though, right?
Walt Longmire Wrote:But Somerset has obviously proven that they can play even with LCA. I guess that proves nothing though, right?

Hard to say, I might be wrong, I have been in the past but very rarely. Its a predictions thread and we usually win. I think we have lost 11 times in 10 years or something close to that so I will take my chances on the Cards. As I said before, if im wrong I can live with it but the Cards rarely get beat.
Jackson Purchase Wrote:Please understand I hope Mayfield is 20 pts better than everyone. But in 2017 and 18 Mayfield had bigger, faster and better defensive lineman. The linebacker core was superior and put fear into WKY ball carriers. Somerset and LCA will need to be far inferior to the 2017 Danville and 2018 CAL teams for the Cards to be 10 pts better. I just don't see it. I hope I'm wrong

I agree with you about the LBs. This years version is inferior to prior teams. Not so much last year, because that was the Cards weakness last year, as well. The DL was about the same as this years, also. I do think this D is making strides, maybe because the opposition has not been as good since district play started, but they certainly look improved the last month or so. With that said, I think this years offense is as solid as ever, maybe even a bit deeper with weapons and the OL has given Stinson great protection all year and the RBs all look very good and 3 or 4 WRs that really go and get it and make big plays. In addition, a Sr Stinson is better than ever. After seeing the Somerset/LCA game, I think either of them will be a strong challenge to anyone in 2a, including the Cards, but, I think the Cards bring a lot to the table and will be a very tough out. It'll take a team like those 2 to possibly knock them off, but, I do think either will have to play a great game to do it, At the same time, Mayfield will have to play an A game to knock those 2 out, too. I think all 3 are capable of winning it all and pretty evenly matched.
Mayfield-40
Murray-14
Rain should be a great equalizer for Murray and slow the Cards down