Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: #7 Murray @ #1 Mayfield 10-25-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What’s your thoughts on this one.
I will start. The clock starts running shortly after halftime. Mayfield big.
Mayfield 55
Murray 14
Mayfield wins this game but no running clock.
What is the injury situation for each team?
Leonard's Loser - Murray by many.
Mayfield -28
Mayfield 35
Murray 14
Mayfield 49, Murray 21
Mayfield 41 Murray 27
So, Mayfield puts a running clock on Caldwell in Princeton, Caldwell beats Murray at home but, we don't see a running clock on Murray in Mayfield? Maybe I've been drinking too much.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:Mayfield 41 Murray 27

If this game is played that close (barring weather) then Mayfield has no chance at a State Championship.
Well put.
Mayfield 55
Murray 21
I think Murray hangs around for a quarter, maybe 2, then Mayfield builds a 3 or 4 score lead and Murray gets a late TD to make the score look closer than the actual game.
mysonis55 Wrote:So, Mayfield puts a running clock on Caldwell in Princeton, Caldwell beats Murray at home but, we don't see a running clock on Murray in Mayfield? Maybe I've been drinking too much.

How about this: Paducah Tilghman beats McCracken County, Mayfield then beats Paducah Tilghman by 3 scores, you then predict a running clock against McCracken, but McCracken beats Mayfield. Comparing scores often doesn't work.
Sometimes you just can't compare scores, for example I have said it for years when Caldwell plays Mayfield you can't tell how good or bad Caldwell is. Most of the time Mayfield wins big but Caldwell has always played teams tough that Mayfield has close games with even though they beat Caldwell bad. Just like the Murray game most felt like Murray would win big on their home field and Caldwell goes there and wins, it wouldn't surprise me if Murray played Mayfield a closer game than Caldwell did. I do believe you can compare some teams and their scores with common opponents though.
I missed that one bad too.. McCracken had a good game play against MF. Were there some McCracken players that didn't play vs. PT?
Caldwell's secondary almost looked scared to tackle Neely and Perry. If Murray has a secondary that can tackle better the game could be closer. Still think it's a running clock.
Caldwell lost all of it's secondary from last year, it's been a learning process and they are getting better each week. When you have a very good passing QB and exceptional receivers it shows against a young and inexperienced secondary and Mayfield has that. Being out position can make it look like that.
The difference between McCracken scenario and Murray is the timing. McCracken lost to PT the first game of the year and Mayfield didn’t see them for weeks. They got better during that time. This is a week to week scenario here. I doubt Murray is going to improve that much in a week.
In honor of the late and great coach Leahy, I hope the scrubs put a few scores on the "Yella Belly Tigers". I think Murray has a few starters out and has to play a younger guys. I know they have been putting in some extra hours this week for Mayfield. I don't think it's going to be even close. Go Red Birds!:redboxer:
The annual Leahy Bowl.
Mayfield will beat Murray, The Tilghman, McCracken game is too early in the season, it should be the last game not the first. Tilghman gets up for this game more than they do for the long time rival Mayfield game. Tilghman fans turn out 10 fold for the McCracken game.
Cards by 24
Never thought I would say this. But, I won’t be able to attend this one. Restricted to the bed or couch and sore as heck.
Cards easily
Mayfield is #1 and the only teams I feel can even get to around a couple scores at best are LCA and maybe Somerset. A 10 point loss to McCracken is the only loss and it was in doubt until late.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Cards easily
Mayfield is #1 and the only teams I feel can even get to around a couple scores at best are LCA and maybe Somerset. A 10 point loss to McCracken is the only loss and it was in doubt until late.

So you think no one in 2A is within 10 points of Mayfield?
Walt Longmire Wrote:So you think no one in 2A is within 10 points of Mayfield?

Right it down, should I be wrong I don't mind taking the crow. LCA has a impressive schedule with results to back it so they have proven they can I just do not believe they will. Somerset has played a schedule that really only tells us they would be #1 or #2 if they were 1A. Their only 2 non district games that were against anyone larger than 2A was against lightly regarded Rock and a not very good Montgomery Co. So maybe they can but I do not think so.
Bold prediction.
Pages: 1 2