Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co 64 Lexington Catholic 28
Boyle has great players all over the field. They will make good teams look bad. Congrats Boyle.
Westside Wrote:He very well could be. You have seen him play much more than I have. He certainly is no slouch.

No slouch at all. Buts he’s got the supporting staff, Allen doesn’t.

I’d say it’s a tie for best ky player, between oxedine (spelling?) and Mayer from Cov. Both are absolute beasts! I’ve seen more of Mayer than the other but his highlights are just ridiculous. But Smith isn’t that far behind them at all! He’ll be a good college player by his junior year if I had to bet, being a impactful player for WV. The difference I see between them is Mayer has the size to do special things. That’s no fault of Smith’s because he’s done more with his size than 99.9% of people. He’s also exciting to watch play. But I’d still have to give the nod to the first two with Smith a tad behind them. Most of the football “guru’s” have Smith 7-9 spots behind those two, but I’m telling you, there’s not that big of a drop outside of size and strength.
Mr Football is a high school award and there isn't a better football player in KY than Reese Smith. He's been Allstate on both sides of the ball and has dominated one title game already. He's what Mr Football is all about.

I am amazed that people always want to downplay our QB play as "he has the supporting cast", he is also deadly accurate, great arm strength and flat out runs the show.

And most importantly is currently 34-2 as a starter with a title.
On a side note, I'd like to remind a certain poster that I told you LexCath wouldn't be able to hang with us after the CovCath game.

Allen is a great QB but the simple fact is that Boyle Co knows LexCath and we are a MUCH better team than last season and getting better every week.
Boyle got a "statement game" win last night. For all the people who have questioned this BC team, I hope these last 3 games settles just who is by far the best team in 4A (and maybe even the state). We will probably face LC again in a few weeks and the outcome will be similar to that of last night.
As much of a Johnson Central fan as I am it’s hard for me to see anybody in 4A slowing Boyle County down. They have size, depth, and unbelievable playmakers. I’m not saying it’s impossible for a 4A team to beat Boyle but this Boyle team is special.
Mister D Wrote:As much of a Johnson Central fan as I am it’s hard for me to see anybody in 4A slowing Boyle County down. They have size, depth, and unbelievable playmakers. I’m not saying it’s impossible for a 4A team to beat Boyle but this Boyle team is special.

JC is a very tough team. They are big and very well coached. I believe JC to be a BIG threat in 4A and I expect to see them in Lexington with both teams undefeated.

Good luck to you guys!!
I believe Allen will win Mr Football and have the numbers to justify the award, passing yards and yards rushing,it’s a different position but Allen is really good in all facets of the game. I also feel Smith is the best High School player in Ky but will not be able to overcome Allen in the voting,especially with the hype and media around Allen commitment to Kentucky
FoSho Wrote:JC is a very tough team. They are big and very well coached. I believe JC to be a BIG threat in 4A and I expect to see them in Lexington with both teams undefeated.

Good luck to you guys!!
Thanks FoSho! Good luck to you guys as well. I just really hope both teams stay healthy. There’s nothing better than seeing two great teams that are full strength go at it.
Mister D Wrote:Thanks FoSho! Good luck to you guys as well. I just really hope both teams stay healthy. There’s nothing better than seeing two great teams that are full strength go at it.

And get healthy.

I’d like to see Boyle with Bartelson and Colwick both at full strength. :Thumbs:
Mister D Wrote:Thanks FoSho! Good luck to you guys as well. I just really hope both teams stay healthy. There’s nothing better than seeing two great teams that are full strength go at it.

Agreed. Got a lot of respect for your program. Healthy wishes to both teams.
FoSho Wrote:On a side note, I'd like to remind a certain poster that I told you LexCath wouldn't be able to hang with us after the CovCath game.

Allen is a great QB but the simple fact is that Boyle Co knows LexCath and we are a MUCH better team than last season and getting better every week.

Congrats buddy! Amazing win. Rest up and get ready for a good week of practice. Gotta stay hungry.
Rebels just keep rolling!
Woodsman Wrote:Congrats buddy! Amazing win. Rest up and get ready for a good week of practice. Gotta stay hungry.

I wasn't talking about you. But I'm flattered you're here to enjoy another Boyle Co thread! Welcome.
FoSho Wrote:Mr Football is a high school award and there isn't a better football player in KY than Reese Smith. He's been Allstate on both sides of the ball and has dominated one title game already. He's what Mr Football is all about.

I am amazed that people always want to downplay our QB play as "he has the supporting cast", he is also deadly accurate, great arm strength and flat out runs the show.

And most importantly is currently 34-2 as a starter with a title.

I think the last time that great QB had a bad game was when we beat him when he was 5th grade...Or did I ever tell anyone here about that? And, no, I do not want a rematch!
Football Scout Wrote:I believe Allen will win Mr Football and have the numbers to justify the award, passing yards and yards rushing,it’s a different position but Allen is really good in all facets of the game. I also feel Smith is the best High School player in Ky but will not be able to overcome Allen in the voting,especially with the hype and media around Allen commitment to Kentucky

Yea committing to Ky will play a huge part in it, not saying it’s fair or right, but just part of it.
Hatz Wrote:And get healthy.

I’d like to see Boyle with Bartelson and Colwick both at full strength. :Thumbs:

Colwick is another one that is underrated. TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM SMITH, But having a dangerous weapon out there like Colwick takes some of the heat of Smith so he can get in space more. Without Colwick out there, people could just double and triple team smith all night.
Boyle and JC headed to a showdown
Hound05 Wrote:Colwick is another one that is underrated. TAKING NOTHING AWAY FROM SMITH, But having a dangerous weapon out there like Colwick takes some of the heat of Smith so he can get in space more. Without Colwick out there, people could just double and triple team smith all night.

Imo Colwick had a less than stellar game against lex cath but I know the kid well and his heart drive and love of the game. Cast comes off, adds another thing opposing coaches have to look at
BCHSrebs Wrote:Imo Colwick had a less than stellar game against lex cath but I know the kid well and his heart drive and love of the game. Cast comes off, adds another thing opposing coaches have to look at

Colwick is a stud. Cole Lanter filled in nicely in his absence but Reiley is one of the vital pieces to the Rebels puzzle and will play a HUGE role in this title run.
He's a great DB/WR and punt returner.

HE HAS GOT TO BE ON THE FIELD.

And I fully expect that he will be.
Receivers can't do what they do without a great qb. I've watched reed lantern since 4th grade when my boys moved to Danville from Louisville. Uk, you can have lex caths Allen, id take reed lantern all day everyday and so would my son. Uk missed out on a better qb. Guy is laser precise and phenomenal! Sad smaller fellas with incredible talent get overlooked because of their size.
BCHSrebs Wrote:Receivers can't do what they do without a great qb. I've watched reed lantern since 4th grade when my boys moved to Danville from Louisville. Uk, you can have lex caths Allen, id take reed lantern all day everyday and so would my son. Uk missed out on a better qb. Guy is laser precise and phenomenal! Sad smaller fellas with incredible talent get overlooked because of their size.

Kids that are successful and play for the love are often overlooked because of size, irregardless of results.

This Rebels team is on another level. Smart college coahes will recognize that.

#finishthemission
BCHSrebs Wrote:Imo Colwick had a less than stellar game against lex cath but I know the kid well and his heart drive and love of the game. Cast comes off, adds another thing opposing coaches have to look at

It’s happens, kids aren’t robots. But sometimes a players impact can’t be measured on paper, this kid fits that category more than most.
E's Army Wrote:Boyle and JC headed to a showdown

If I'm not dead, I WILL see that game!!!
I think this day and time a lot of really good pocket passers (great quarterbacks)get passed on at the FBS or FCS level,which has changed drastically the last 5-7 years. The D1 Coaches anymore are looking for quarterbacks that can get yards and extend plays with there legs. Coaches are arrogant and confident, they think this kid can’t throw very well but man is he an athlete,I can develop him to where he can throw. Size is also important but recruiters like the 75/25 stat. If he throws for 4000 and rushes for a 1000 and is 6 foot around 200 he meets the criteria, we will open his film. Recruiting is a complex game that isn’t fair, and a lot of good players at all positions are missed simply by not meeting there criteria to even open there film. Hopefully the right system finds these type kids that are missed on. Historically 3-5 star athletes trend to fail at around 30 percent due to being recruited by potential and size versus absolute football player. Sorry for the long post but I just don’t like sheer recruiting has went over the years.
Football Scout Wrote:I think this day and time a lot of really good pocket passers (great quarterbacks)get passed on at the FBS or FCS level,which has changed drastically the last 5-7 years. The D1 Coaches anymore are looking for quarterbacks that can get yards and extend plays with there legs. Coaches are arrogant and confident, they think this kid can’t throw very well but man is he an athlete,I can develop him to where he can throw. Size is also important but recruiters like the 75/25 stat. If he throws for 4000 and rushes for a 1000 and is 6 foot around 200 he meets the criteria, we will open his film. Recruiting is a complex game that isn’t fair, and a lot of good players at all positions are missed simply by not meeting there criteria to even open there film. Hopefully the right system finds these type kids that are missed on. Historically 3-5 star athletes trend to fail at around 30 percent due to being recruited by potential and size versus absolute football player. Sorry for the long post but I just don’t like sheer recruiting has went over the years.
I agree with ya. In the past just plain athletes rarely got recruited without having a certain skill I.e. catching, vision, passing, what have you. Now days they’ll pass on say a lineman that has perfect form and a high IQ for a guy who is just more overall athletic and less in the before mentioned. I believe you’re right in the coaches thinking on most of them. “He’s strong and fast, I can teach him the game”. It’s a gamble that sometimes pays off, but my money would be on the kid who already has the skills to succeed