Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCD overtakes Pikeville for #1 RPI in 1A, listen to this
Bob Seger Wrote:Yeah right...…

Oops, I thought you said "good" in state competition.

He’s offering the good1A schools a game, lol.
Patriot1 Wrote:Johnson Central and Russell is good competition but the other team I haven’t heard of in years. Do they still play football in the Ashland.

Not since they quit wearing leather helmets.

He's full of more crap than a Christmas turkey, Pat-1, because they want no part of playing a good team. If they did they wouldn't have chickened out on JC and Belfry.

Cluck!! Cluck!! Cluck!!
I heard Ashland was trying to nail down a 30 year deal with Kentucky Country Day with all the games played at Ashland. hehehe to get credit for KCD's RPI.
Bob Seger Wrote:Not since they quit wearing leather helmets.

He's full of more crap than a Christmas turkey, Pat-1, because they want no part of playing a good team. If they did they wouldn't have chickened out on JC and Belfry.

Cluck!! Cluck!! Cluck!!

Yelp
#55PirateFan Wrote:Yelp

That wasn’t very nice 55.
How does the RPI look now after last night’s big wins by Pikeville and KCD?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:How does the RPI look now after last night’s big wins by Pikeville and KCD?

Pikeville won’t get much bump from Phelps
Tomcat Pride Wrote:How does the RPI look now after last night’s big wins by Pikeville and KCD?

How about Ashland win over the juggernaut East Carter, how much did that raise the RPI for the Tomcats?
Patriot1 Wrote:How about Ashland win over the juggernaut East Carter, how much did that raise the RPI for the Tomcats?

It gave them a really good boost to .636 just behind Belfry at .638 for 8th in class 3a. Pikeville dropped a bit as expected by playing Phelps to .843 second only to KCD at .864. Ashland was right around .600 before the East Carter game.
Patriot1 Wrote:How about Ashland win over the juggernaut East Carter, how much did that raise the RPI for the Tomcats?

Lol. A ton I’m sure. It was such a dominant win too...

It will be hard for Pikeville to improve on their RPI with just 3 games remaining. If they beat Hazard, they may get a small boost since Hazard as of now sits at .655. However, Jenkins only sits at .318 and Ridgeview at .500 for out of state teams.
As far as Ashland goes, it all comes down to next week and how they fare at Russell. This should be a preview of the second round playoff game to determine whether this RPI thing gets used at all for the Cats. You have to make it to the 3rd round before the RPI means anything.
PHSForever Wrote:Lol. A ton I’m sure. It was such a dominant win too...

East Carter is having a really good year under former PHS standpoint Tim Champlin. Their RPI of .543 is not great, but it’s better than a lot of teams.
Still scratching my head over KCD getting the love they do in the AP polls. Lex Herald and the Commonwealth Journal both have them ranked 2nd in Class A. I watched them play Berea last night. Pikeville, Paintsville, Raceland, Hazard and Williamsburg would all beat them like a drum.

As for KCD’s RPI, of course it’s gonna go up a little bit after beating Berea, Berea is now 6-1, bringing KCD’s opponents records to a whopping 20-30.

Geez Patriot, I’m starting to think you don’t like me.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Geez Patriot, I’m starting to think you don’t like me.

Don't feel too downtrodden, Prideful One, Seger has always had a soft spot in his heart for the mentally impaired.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Geez Patriot, I’m starting to think you don’t like me.

Love you Tomcat Pride, just showing you the respect you show to everyone else. Bob Seger and I are your favorite fans
Probably impossible for Pikeville to overtake KCD in RPI before final 8. Pikeville will have to beat Hazard twice who is 3 touchdowns better than anybody KCD plays but that will have little factor in RPI.
E's Army Wrote:Probably impossible for Pikeville to overtake KCD in RPI before final 8. Pikeville will have to beat Hazard twice who is 3 touchdowns better than anybody KCD plays but that will have little factor in RPI.

RPI is locked in at the end of the regular season.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Why does it matter if you’re ranked number one or two in the Class A RPI? You will still get to host the entire length of the playoffs. Are you that scared of a third round matchup with Paintsville or Raceland? Is it just your goal to be number one in the state in the overall RPI? I’m not sure why any Pikeville fan would be crying about the RPI. With the exception of Belfry you’ve defeated a bunch of average to below average teams that are in a higher class. Because of this you have benefited from the RPI because of a flaw they call the multiplier, but yet you still want to cry.You’re in class A , but your talent haul the past couple of years has given you a Class 4A type roster in terms of numbers. You can’t have a double standard here. You can’t cry half the time with poor pitiful me I’m just a little ole Class A school one minute and then thump your chest because your a tiny Class A school that’s ranked above the big boys the next minute.

Injustice is injustice, no matter when, where, or what is the outcome. A horrible penalty in the first minute of the first quarter, still matters. It means some ref is inept. In a system that could be crucial to a team, it matters. That's what it boils down to. When we have the means to make things sensible, and do something that makes zero sense, that's why folks should be a little aggravated. FIX YOUR SYSTEM, KHSFA!
E's Army Wrote:Probably impossible for Pikeville to overtake KCD in RPI before final 8. Pikeville will have to beat Hazard twice who is 3 touchdowns better than anybody KCD plays but that will have little factor in RPI.

KCD’s RPI shouldn’t be as high as it is anyways. Their opponents records are 4-4, 4-3, 0-7, 2-5, 3-4, 1-6, 6-1... They are getting higher RPI points for beating the worst 5A schools in the state, teams that couldn’t win any Class A district in the state. This system is a joke.
Redneck Wrote:KCD’s RPI shouldn’t be as high as it is anyways. Their opponents records are 4-4, 4-3, 0-7, 2-5, 3-4, 1-6, 6-1... They are getting higher RPI points for beating the worst 5A schools in the state, teams that couldn’t win any Class A district in the state. This system is a joke.

Redneck, that’s what some of us has been talking about. But seems like no one likes our thoughts.