Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KCD overtakes Pikeville for #1 RPI in 1A, listen to this
That's right KCD now #1 in 1A (and probably overall). This happened in a week when:

1) Both KCD and Pikeville were idle (bye weeks).
2) KCD's opponents were 0-3 (with 3 opponents on bye weeks).
3) Pikeville's opponents went 4-1 (with 1 opponent on bye week).

Per calpreps,
Pikeville's opponents are now 23-13. KCD's opponents are now 12-26.
Pikeville's strength of schedule is 7.7. KCD's SOS is -25.8. Yes that means on average, every team Pikeville has faced is 33.5 points better than every team KCD has faced.

Yet KCD passed Pikeville this week for the top spot.

:Shaking::HitWall::argue::flush::ChairHit:

Confusednicker:
To clarify, RPI rankings are subject to change hourly.
I am using values from the KHSAA scoreboard at 3:30 Sunday morning.
KCD .877, Pikeville .875
If so, this could be the most ridiculous system ever invented. Just doesn't make sense.
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. That’s ridiculous. I did notice that the Jenkins game, per khsaa, is NOT yet showing as a forfeit but the rest are. So Pikeville is still technically 6-0 instead of 7-0. Any impact on the RPI due to that?
So how will this affect the playoffs if the playoffs started tomorrow?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Why does it matter if you’re ranked number one or two in the Class A RPI? You will still get to host the entire length of the playoffs. Are you that scared of a third round matchup with Paintsville or Raceland? Is it just your goal to be number one in the state in the overall RPI? I’m not sure why any Pikeville fan would be crying about the RPI. With the exception of Belfry you’ve defeated a bunch of average to below average teams that are in a higher class. Because of this you have benefited from the RPI because of a flaw they call the multiplier, but yet you still want to cry.You’re in class A , but your talent haul the past couple of years has given you a Class 4A type roster in terms of numbers. You can’t have a double standard here. You can’t cry half the time with poor pitiful me I’m just a little ole Class A school one minute and then thump your chest because your a tiny Class A school that’s ranked above the big boys the next minute.
PHSForever Wrote:Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. That’s ridiculous. I did notice that the Jenkins game, per khsaa, is NOT yet showing as a forfeit but the rest are. So Pikeville is still technically 6-0 instead of 7-0. Any impact on the RPI due to that?

Pikeville and Jenkins wasn’t supposed to play until October 25th. It probably won’t show in the RPI until after those games that week are played.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Why does it matter if you’re ranked number one or two in the Class A RPI? You will still get to host the entire length of the playoffs. Are you that scared of a third round matchup with Paintsville or Raceland? Is it just your goal to be number one in the state in the overall RPI? I’m not sure why any Pikeville fan would be crying about the RPI. With the exception of Belfry you’ve defeated a bunch of average to below average teams that are in a higher class. Because of this you have benefited from the RPI because of a flaw they call the multiplier, but yet you still want to cry.You’re in class A , but your talent haul the past couple of years has given you a Class 4A type roster in terms of numbers. You can’t have a double standard here. You can’t cry half the time with poor pitiful me I’m just a little ole Class A school one minute and then thump your chest because your a tiny Class A school that’s ranked above the big boys the next minute.

:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I swear, you just cant make this stuff up. Prideful One you are Mr. Pot and Mr. Kettle all rolled up into one..
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Pikeville and Jenkins wasn’t supposed to play until October 25th. It probably won’t show in the RPI until after those games that week are played.

All the other games, including one game AFTER the Pikeville game, show on the schedule as a 1-0 forfeit. I simply asked a question.
Tomcat Pride Wrote:Why does it matter if you’re ranked number one or two in the Class A RPI? You will still get to host the entire length of the playoffs. Are you that scared of a third round matchup with Paintsville or Raceland? Is it just your goal to be number one in the state in the overall RPI? I’m not sure why any Pikeville fan would be crying about the RPI. With the exception of Belfry you’ve defeated a bunch of average to below average teams that are in a higher class. Because of this you have benefited from the RPI because of a flaw they call the multiplier, but yet you still want to cry.You’re in class A , but your talent haul the past couple of years has given you a Class 4A type roster in terms of numbers. You can’t have a double standard here. You can’t cry half the time with poor pitiful me I’m just a little ole Class A school one minute and then thump your chest because your a tiny Class A school that’s ranked above the big boys the next minute.

Is this a post a parody? If you are being serious here, and I really can't tell, you totally missed the point of my post. I am not whining about Pikeville at all, they would demolish KCD on any field in the country. I'm pointing out how idiotic this system is. Teams like KCD and others like them are going to get home games they don't deserve in the 3rd and 4th rounds while other more deserving teams are going to get screwed. Simple as that. I'm sure you understand how preferable home games are in the playoffs.

Actually it has to do with the math allowing a drop on a weekend in which all the above applied when neither team played, etc like Jet pointed out. With Pikeville only having 9 games due to the Jenkins game being a forfeit (as we understand it now), the POTENTIAL is there for them to actually drop to 3rd. If that happens, despite playing a schedule that is tougher than Ashland’s in a normal year (this years Tomcat schedule is pretty tough so ‘grats on that) they could end up traveling when they SHOULD be at home. For the players and fans, I think that’s unfair. I still think the Panthers would end up in Lexington but don’t agree with the possibility of having to travel in the playoffs because a system allows something so silly to happen to the numbers in the situation Jet pointed out.

And for the record, Ashland has a good team this year. Congrats. But don’t be a hypocrite about talent haul. No one at Pikeville is scared of playing Raceland or Paintsville, if anything, in a normal year Ashland would definitely be scared of playing Raceland since they seem to continue to be competitive with y’all. Lol
I can’t figure out how one team went above another when both were on bye weeks. Yes I can they added the 15% increase for playing up in class. Which they said they had intentions of doing in the first place(cough,cough) but they had left it off until now. Mainly because of some complaints from the big private’s and bigger schools it is now added. I could care less who has the highest RPI teams just have to beat who you play. Now if anyone in this world believes anything Tomcat-Pride post I feel sorry for you because he still leaving in the 90’s when Ashland was relative. So all you teams out there schedule weak 6A teams and don’t play the teams like Pikeville,Paintsville,Raceland,Hazard and some 1A schools that might beat you or give you a game to prepare your team for the playoffs because it won’t help your RPI. Now that is 15% per class so I got my numbers straight so if a 1A school plays a 6A school and wins to my knowledge (and I may be wrong) that’s a 70% increase that factor. Some don’t see anything wrong with this and that’s fine but I still have a lot of questions about it.
Patriot1 Wrote:I can’t figure out how one team went above another when both were on bye weeks. Yes I can they added the 15% increase for playing up in class. Which they said they had intentions of doing in the first place(cough,cough) but they had left it off until now. Mainly because of some complaints from the big private’s and bigger schools it is now added. I could care less who has the highest RPI teams just have to beat who you play. Now if anyone in this world believes anything Tomcat-Pride post I feel sorry for you because he still leaving in the 90’s when Ashland was relative. So all you teams out there schedule weak 6A teams and don’t play the teams like Pikeville,Paintsville,Raceland,Hazard and some 1A schools that might beat you or give you a game to prepare your team for the playoffs because it won’t help your RPI. Now that is 15% per class so I got my numbers straight so if a 1A school plays a 6A school and wins to my knowledge (and I may be wrong) that’s a 70% increase that factor. Some don’t see anything wrong with this and that’s fine but I still have a lot of questions about it.

Playing bigger schools was always in the calculations KHSAA just hadn't announced it. That's why KCD has been so high all along, not the reason they went to No. 1 this week. 99% sure.
jetpilot Wrote:Playing bigger schools was always in the calculations KHSAA just hadn't announced it. That's why KCD has been so high all along, not the reason they went to No. 1 this week. 99% sure.

Kentucky Country Day looking to knock-off undefeated Berea 6-0 this week :popcorn:
Politics. Probably get blocked for this. Have been blocked for less. One mote time I'm done with blue grass rivals
Paintsville, Raceland, Belfry and Lawrence County would beat anybody on KCD's schedule by 20 points.
E's Army Wrote:Paintsville, Raceland, Belfry and Lawrence County would beat anybody on KCD's schedule by 20 points.

Bardstown could definitely as well and most likely Mingo Central too.
jetpilot Wrote:Playing bigger schools was always in the calculations KHSAA just hadn't announced it. That's why KCD has been so high all along, not the reason they went to No. 1 this week. 99% sure.

You may be right Jet but then how did they pass Pikeville up now. But really it don’t matter just win the games in front of you

I would be more focused on Russell rather then the thoughts or feelings of any Pikeville fan right about now.
Using any power index to seed the playoffs should not rate teams higher just because they are in a higher class. Throw that factor out and Pikeville is the higher seed. This is not aimed at KCD who may be the best 1A team in the state. But Pikeville has clearly played the tougher schedule. They should not be punished for scheduling two 1A powers.
jetpilot Wrote:Bardstown could definitely as well and most likely Mingo Central too.

Yeah. He should know WV has some good talent. Ashland has had enough on their rosters over the years. Lol. And Bardstown has enough speed to keep it realistic against Ashland.
E's Army Wrote:Using any power index to seed the playoffs should not rate teams higher just because they are in a higher class. Throw that factor out and Pikeville is the higher seed. This is not aimed at KCD who may be the best 1A team in the state. But Pikeville has clearly played the tougher schedule. They should not be punished for scheduling two 1A powers.

Wow. The E we know is back. Guess Furley didn’t hack you after all. Lol
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Politics. Probably get blocked for this. Have been blocked for less. One mote time I'm done with blue grass rivals
bye.
jetpilot Wrote:Bardstown could definitely as well and most likely Mingo Central too.

Bardstown is mediocre at best.
pjdoug Wrote:Bardstown is mediocre at best.

Bardstown is ranked 6th in 3A and 32nd overall in KY according to calpreps.
Their rating is 15.7. KCD's opponents and their calpreps ratings are:

Washington County -4.0
Atherton -14.2
Southern -15.5
Seneca -36.3
Iroquois -36.8
Thomas Nelson -47.5

So that means Bardstown would be favored by 19.7 over the best team KCD has played and by 63.2 over the worst team KCD has played, with both games being on neutral fields.

Cipher that for me dougie and tell me how much on average Bardstown would beat all of KCD's opponents. Hint: It's way over a running clock.TongueirateSho
I don’t know much about any of the teams, but Bardstown has blew out everyone they’ve played since they lost the first game of the season to Pikeville.
Guys, we’ve hijacked this thread. Good luck to Berea and KCD for an injury free game. And good luck to Berea. I hope they win because they’ve suffered so long.
PHSForever Wrote:Guys, we’ve hijacked this thread. Good luck to Berea and KCD for an injury free game. And good luck to Berea. I hope they win because they’ve suffered so long.

Wrong thread PHSFOREVER but it really don’t matter
Patriot1 Wrote:Wrong thread PHSFOREVER but it really don’t matter

True. My statement still stands.
This right here is why I've lost all faith in the KHSAA and the RPI system. Anyone in their right mind would know that there's no way in hell that KCD would even come close to beating Pikeville, on any field, anywhere! The eye test alone will tell you that. They've spent some much time on numbers, computers, and analytics that they've completely forgot about common sense. It is what it is. Not going to matter though. I don't see anybody getting in the Panthers way this year for the championship. They could play every playoff game at home or on the road and the outcome would still be the same. Just my 2 cents.