Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle Co @ Somerset 8-23-19
Bunnies are loaded for bear this year. Rock always plays hard but there is a talent mismatch.
I’m looking forward to this game to see what we’re up against next week with Rock. Good luck to both teams!
I understand that Somerset comes in highly ranked in 2A and have high expectations for the season new field and have been really good for the last several seasons now. But I did a scouting report and this is what I came up with. They lost 4 OL/DL that played in all 14 games and 1 that played in 13. Also lost two LB that played in 13 and 14 games. 2 WR that played in 13 and 14 games as well. Let’s break those down even further. One WR that was lost was the leading receiver who had 489 yards. The 2nd WR had 119. That’s 608 out of 1800. So 1/3 of the receiving yards was lost on offense along with the starting OL. On defense they loose starting DL along with leading tackle who had 91. Also the 6th,7th,8th, and 10th leading tackles was lost too. Thats almost 200 out of the total 700 tackles that was lost from the team that equals almost 1/3 of the defense. Also Somerset lost starting K/P. They do return key places in key positions but I’m not familiar with how they replace all that talent and numbers from last year that makes them 30-40 point favorites. Somerset may still be able to beat Rock but I still feel the game will be close. Rock does return 8 offensive players and 8 defensive players from last years team along with the new additions of several players that sat out last year. Everything will be settled on Friday hoping for a great showing!
SmashMouth17 Wrote:I understand that Somerset comes in highly ranked in 2A and have high expectations for the season new field and have been really good for the last several seasons now. But I did a scouting report and this is what I came up with. They lost 4 OL/DL that played in all 14 games and 1 that played in 13. Also lost two LB that played in 13 and 14 games. 2 WR that played in 13 and 14 games as well. Let’s break those down even further. One WR that was lost was the leading receiver who had 489 yards. The 2nd WR had 119. That’s 608 out of 1800. So 1/3 of the receiving yards was lost on offense along with the starting OL. On defense they loose starting DL along with leading tackle who had 91. Also the 6th,7th,8th, and 10th leading tackles was lost too. Thats almost 200 out of the total 700 tackles that was lost from the team that equals almost 1/3 of the defense. Also Somerset lost starting K/P. They do return key places in key positions but I’m not familiar with how they replace all that talent and numbers from last year that makes them 30-40 point favorites. Somerset may still be able to beat Rock but I still feel the game will be close. Rock does return 8 offensive players and 8 defensive players from last years team along with the new additions of several players that sat out last year. Everything will be settled on Friday hoping for a great showing!

Somerset did indeed lose a lot of production. They may be in for a long night!
Somerset is still loaded. There jv teams last few year could beat some varsity teams. Plus coach Lucas is one of the best around. But I do think my rockets have a fighting chance in this one. But nothing will surprise me
Where are the rock guys? Smashmouth17 and Rocksolid?

Rock has definitely improved from last year but this Somerset team is pretty dang good. Safe trip back to rock in about 10 minutes guys