Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle Co @ Somerset 8-23-19
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Rock travels down 461 to take on the briar jumpers of Somerset. How does this one go? I know Somerset will come in heavy favorites can Rock hang for 4 quarters and pull the upset ? Let’s hear everyone’s thoughts.
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Rock travels down 461 to take on the briar jumpers of Somerset. How does this one go? I know Somerset will come in heavy favorites can Rock hang for 4 quarters and pull the upset ? Let’s hear everyone’s thoughts.

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=232193
Rock has always been short for Rockcastle practically everyone on here knows that and I’ve made threads years prior that way. Is this not allowed anymore considering you changed the name to Rockcastle co?
Rockcastle will give the Jumpers all they want to deal with on a season opener. Most always a good team comes out of Mt. Vernon.

Somerset could be one of the best in class 2A and they’re ready/hungry.

SHS 31
Rockcastle 17
Bruner and Miller will run all over Rockcastle. The Rock has no one who can cover Grundy and crew. Could get ugly in a hurry.
Jumpers 28-6.
CowboyDad Wrote:Rockcastle will give the Jumpers all they want to deal with on a season opener. Most always a good team comes out of Mt. Vernon.

Somerset could be one of the best in class 2A and they’re ready/hungry.

SHS 31
Rockcastle 17

Rockcastle County is down a little this year ?
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Rock has always been short for Rockcastle practically everyone on here knows that and I’ve made threads years prior that way. Is this not allowed anymore considering you changed the name to Rockcastle co?

Probably just trying to make it look more professional/make it read better. It's easier to sort through on the page if everything is uniform. I'm glad Westside has taken ownership of it and is cleaning up the threads. Last couple years have gotten out of hand. Don't take offense, he's done it on several threads.
Somerset 35-6
As long as the forward pass remains a foreign concept in Mt. Vernon the Rockets will struggle against good teams. The Briar Jumpers christen their new field with a convincing win, 41-7.
pjdoug Wrote:Rockcastle County is down a little this year ?

Maybe.

I’m trying to be diplomatic and give them some level credit. I don’t have that hate for Rockcastle like I do some schools.

Like for example, some folks and...Corbin. Big Grin
CowboyDad Wrote:Maybe.

I’m trying to be diplomatic and give them some level credit. I don’t have that hate for Rockcastle like I do some schools.

Like for example, some folks and...Corbin. Big Grin

I love Rockcastle County, and my great grandmother was born there Smile
Rock is not down this year. They have over 40 + that came out we return 8 on offense and 8 on defense. Last year’s team was really young and those same players are back. We have several new faces that came back out to play that had sat out for the last year or two. Their is some excitement around this year’s team once they get use to playing together they will make a few heads turn. We have been working on a passing game have several players that are capable of catching the ball with decent size to them. Should have more of a passing game then in years past but Rock football has always been run heavy even the years we went to state. Run first run again then maybe pass lol that’s never going to change but I do agree we need some type of passing game and I believe they will this year.
Running team vs passing team = Somerset :mop::mop:

Somerset 42
Rockcastle County 14
64SUR Wrote:Running team vs passing team = Somerset :mop::mop:

Somerset 42
Rockcastle County 14

Awe come on 64 give us a little more credit than that lol I do believe it will be much closer this year then last year. I don’t think either way it will be a blowout or running clock etc I look for a close game. This year’s team has the potential to be really good and should compete with everyone on their schedule.
Like someone else said, I to think Somerset is one of the better teams in 2A this year. Unfortunately, the best team is Mayfield. If the Cardinals wasnt 2A, I would have no problem picking Somerset as my preseason favorite to win 2A. But back to this game, I think the Bunnies will be to much for Rockcastle.

Somerset 35
Rockcastle 21
SmashMouth17 Wrote:Rock has always been short for Rockcastle practically everyone on here knows that and I’ve made threads years prior that way. Is this not allowed anymore considering you changed the name to Rockcastle co?

Call them Rock all you want in your posts, but please refer to them as Rockcastle County or Rockcastle Co in the title. We are constantly getting new members on the site who may not be familiar with Rockcastle County. It makes it less confusing for them. I am a huge EKU fan and almost everyone refers to them as Eastern ,but in the thread titles i am always required to type out Eastern Kentucky. I was corrected by moderators in the past when I didn't.
I think Somerset will be too much for Rockcastle County.
Somerset way too much for the Rock. Somerset 35 Rockcastle 12
Rock has surprised me a little in there two Scrimmages against Breathitt and Lafayette. Strengths are there defensive line. Secondary is better but still has gaps, that's where somerset will target. Hopefully my boys can pull it out. But Somerset is tough.
Bunnies by 28
Rock by 14. Defensive line too much for the jumpers
Somerset by 4 TD’s. I think they are a real 2A contender
Frozen Tundra Wrote:Rock by 14. Defensive line too much for the jumpers

Really ???:partyhard: too much hooch. lol
JustThinking Wrote:Really ???:partyhard: too much hooch. lol
I didn't stutter.:Shaking:
Frozen Tundra Wrote:I didn't stutter.:Shaking:

Unless you've brought in some new lineman that's a lot of improvement in one year. The Jumpers just dominated the Rockets last season and will be better on offense this season. We'll see if you're stuttering Saturday morning I suppose.
Rockcastle 3 Somerset 0 in OT.
Walt Longmire Wrote:Unless you've brought in some new lineman that's a lot of improvement in one year. The Jumpers just dominated the Rockets last season and will be better on offense this season. We'll see if you're stuttering Saturday morning I suppose.

We do have several different players than we had last year. We have couple different OL one senior that didn’t play last year. Several senior WR some that sat out last year as well. We have over 40 + that came out this year with about 10 that sat out so we do have additions to the team that we didn’t have last year. Several new starters along with 8 returning offense players and return 8 on defense. I really think it will be a competitive game. No disrespect intended but just that we have a much improved team then we had last year and they are competing and playing hard together. They are far ahead then in recent years. Should be a fun game. Rock is in no way coming to Somerset thinking they have already lost they are coming to win.
It definitely seems as though Rock has improved. Somerset needs to come to compete or they’ll get embarrassed on the new turf.
Somerset new field is awesome, great asset to there school
Pages: 1 2