Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EKY Miners Free Agent Camp Announced...
I have told so guys about this and I think that there would probably be a good turn out. Does anyone know if the tryouts is open to the public and does anyone know someone that will be trying out?
Does anyone have a link to the league the miners will be playing in? I'm interested in the type of talent and the size of the players in the league. Are we gonna see a lot dunks and fast breaks or is it more a European style, you know jumps shots and 3's?
calQlate Wrote:Does anyone have a link to the league the miners will be playing in? I'm interested in the type of talent and the size of the players in the league. Are we gonna see a lot dunks and fast breaks or is it more a European style, you know jumps shots and 3's?

Just type in Continental Basketball Association on your search engine and a link will come up for you to go to. The league will be just like the NBA, tall, athletic, shooters, who can all play the game!!
J. R. VanHoose Wrote:Just type in Continental Basketball Association on your search engine and a link will come up for you to go to. The league will be just like the NBA, tall, athletic, shooters, who can all play the game!!

Thanks JR..

Are you the same Vanhoose I'm thinking of. --state championship--vanhoose? Are you u still in shape enough to play?
calQlate Wrote:Thanks JR..

Are you the same Vanhoose I'm thinking of. --state championship--vanhoose? Are you u still in shape enough to play?

Yeah same one, look at the first page and you will see what is going on with that!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:That is a very good question big pun and someone I haven't even thought about. I have a question that someone might can help me out with. Who was the other big guy from the state championship team at Paintsville? I know of Tackett/Van Hoose and there was a 6'6 or 6'8 player that was VERY skilled as well!

Craig Ratliff. He is stiil in the area and can still ball.
OffTheHook Wrote:Craig Ratliff. He is stiil in the area and can still ball.
Will his knees hold up enough to play is the real question.
bigpun Wrote:Will his knees hold up enough to play is the real question.

I don't know if he will even try out. I was just answering PB5's question. I'd like to see him give it a shot though.
They should have held the tryout during hillbilly days in the park
Jeremy Daniels will be trying out
P-Villain! Wrote:They should have held the tryout during hillbilly days in the park

Buddy if they did that, every doofus that thinks they could play would probably come and try out (probably drunk) lol. HOWEVER, it would make for some fantastic enterainment! :letsparty Which reminds me, does anyone know if they are allowing the public to watch the try outs? I am almost sure they would not let anyone in but does anyone know for sure?

With the actual camp, they slapped a 100 dollar fee for trying out. I would say that is to make sure that it would only draw people who truly think that they would have a shot.
What a rip-off. These guys are probably looking for some easy cash to get them started. And, the smart businessmen they are, knows that every guy that thinks he can play pro ball will show up. You do know that MLB and it's teams hold free, free agent tryouts. But wait, this is called a camp. That way they can have kids pay the money. Come on guys, get a clue. It's a rip-off!
baseball_dad Wrote:What a rip-off. These guys are probably looking for some easy cash to get them started. And, the smart businessmen they are, knows that every guy that thinks he can play pro ball will show up. You do know that MLB and it's teams hold free, free agent tryouts. But wait, this is called a camp. That way they can have kids pay the money. Come on guys, get a clue. It's a rip-off!

Agreed! But it will still be funny to see what kind of ballers come out. I just keep pictureing a fat guy with a head band, and undersized shorts, running down the court trying to keep up with the professional guys lol. I would just like to see would actually comes out but I don't think that it is open to the public. DARN.
The_Pistol Wrote:Jeremy Daniels will be trying out

from betsy layne
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Well I am not sure if ya know it, but academics plays a role while attending colleges and playing sports, lol.

were not talking about going to college we are talking about the cba.... buddy it was just an opinon
i played college sports, i have a degree i know what its all about
Grand Slam Wrote:from betsy layne

Yes
The_Pistol Wrote:Yes

thats good i know him well class act good guy
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Agreed! But it will still be funny to see what kind of ballers come out. I just keep pictureing a fat guy with a head band, and undersized shorts, running down the court trying to keep up with the professional guys lol. I would just like to see would actually comes out but I don't think that it is open to the public. DARN.
There goes Scotty talking about me again.

Big Grin
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Agreed! But it will still be funny to see what kind of ballers come out. I just keep pictureing a fat guy with a head band, and undersized shorts, running down the court trying to keep up with the professional guys lol. I would just like to see would actually comes out but I don't think that it is open to the public. DARN.
Kinda like in the movie Invincible, when they have the people tryout for the Eagles, LOL!