Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne loses Head Coach
Actually not many of them do..and the ones that do live in banner and prater....so no
PittFan Wrote:Well Coach, its kind of hard when you live all the way up Mud Creek and dont drive and your mom doesent have a car. Exactly how many track meets did you miss?
I meant to quote that with my last post!
PittFan Wrote:Actually not many of them do..and the ones that do live in banner and prater....so no
Did you ever try to call Coach Branham for a ride?
PittFan Wrote:or how many times you left early from weight lifting?

Man get off of Coach B back
He is on my back. Tell him to get off mine lol Like he would really take me up Mud Creek so why would i bother?
All you would have had to do was ask!
PittFan Wrote:He is on my back. Tell him to get off mine lol Like he would really take me up Mud Creek so why would i bother?
CoachB Wrote:How quickly we forget what was done for us by CoachB. While I was at Betsy Layne I put everything into the program. You should know that especially Thorn67. I will also help any of those young men in getting a college scholarship as well!!!

Boy oh, I bet you must be double jointed or something. All that patting on the back.
It's funny how a coach will get on here and squabble publicly with players on who missed what practices, meets, etc. That sets a very good example. Go ahead ER, take up for him. He's your problem now.:howdy:
Football Widow Wrote:Boy oh, I bet you must be double jointed or something. All that patting on the back.
It's funny how a coach will get on here and squabble publicly with players on who missed what practices, meets, etc. That sets a very good example. Go ahead ER, take up for him. He's your problem now.:howdy:

Damn
Hey Pittfan i know you feel betrayed that Brahnam left and stuff but he did do everything he could for the team and coach man i wasnt trying to say anything bad about you I appreciate everything you done for me i was just saying i felt it was messed up that you left after everything you said about BL
Football Widow Wrote:Boy oh, I bet you must be double jointed or something. All that patting on the back.

I dont see what the problem is, the man is doing what is best for his family, in my book that is the right thing to do. honestly can any of you say you whouldnt do the same thing for your family?
warriorpride Wrote:I dont see what the problem is, the man is doing what is best for his family, in my book that is the right thing to do. honestly can any of you say you whouldnt do the same thing for your family?

Exactly. You Betsy Layne people need to stop crying and bitching about missing practice and losing your coach. It's not the end of the world.
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing it for your family. But most of the time when a coach moves for his family then it is because he needs to spend more time with them or his family isn't happy with their location. Now I don't know where Coach B lives, but there is only approximately 36 miles between betsy layne and ER. So I don't see a coach uprooting his family for 36 miles OR getting to spend a whole lot more time with them. Coach's family issues are personal and I don't really care to hear about his or any other coach. For all I know maybe his family is more partial to Warriors than Bobcats??:confused:
Its sad that a coach would publically get on here and argue with players. It's sad that people use excuses for missing practices. I played 4 years high school and one year jr high and missed one practice cause of sickness. Theres ways to get there. But anyway played for Coach B, at one of his former schools didnt think he was that good of a coach then don't think he is now. What kinda resume dose he have?
Football Widow Wrote:I'm not saying there is anything wrong with doing it for your family. But most of the time when a coach moves for his family then it is because he needs to spend more time with them or his family isn't happy with their location. Now I don't know where Coach B lives, but there is only approximately 36 miles between betsy layne and ER. So I don't see a coach uprooting his family for 36 miles OR getting to spend a whole lot more time with them. Coach's family issues are personal and I don't really care to hear about his or any other coach. For all I know maybe his family is more partial to Warriors than Bobcats??:confused:

Well its his chioce, and he made it so leave the man alone. There is nothing that noone can do about this. DEAL WITH IT.
warriorpride Wrote:Well its his chioce, and he made it so leave the man alone. There is nothing that noone can do about this. DEAL WITH IT.

Pride, I don't think it is as simple as that. I think a lot of folks feel like they were lied to or decieved, especially by him posting pro-BL comments up to the end. It would have been better to say nothing publicly like Ratliff did. They do have a common bond in that they put a school in a tight spot by not announcing their intentions sooner. I understand job security, but ultimately it is the players of BL and ER that suffer.
Could someone just start a new happy thread for the East Ridge ~ CoachB fans.

This thread is for BL fans to trash there old coach lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry that you feel that way widow. I am not squabbling, I am just pointing out that while being th BL coach I was dedicated. More dedicated than most. I am not going to argue about it with anyone.
I think right now everyone should stop talking about coachB and focus on the bigger issue who is going to coach BL this year.
I was going to leave a stern warning at the end of this thread because I knew what could happen. After reading through the entire thread, it is now closed. Seems to me the man may have let a lot of people at Betsy Layne down, but if he says it has helped his family, then let it be and cut your losses.

No more bashing of Coach B. will be tollerated.

Like he has already said, he is done with this issue on here. He is an adult, realizes his mistakes, and knows to get out before this thread goes really sour.

If anyone wants to start another thread about who the re-placement will be, be my guest, but leave him out of it.

If anyone wants to start a thread about East Ridge's new coach, have at it.

A personal note to Betsy Layne,
Guys, this isn't the end of the world. I know it must be hard to loose a coach in the middle of summer, especially for you seniors, but throughout life, adversity will be thrown at you, it is up to you to lie down or pick up the slack and run with it. Actions speak louder than words. If you think he made a mistake, go win district, finish up 10-0, show him. He'll be happy for you. I know you guys can do it, you know you can do it, all is left is to go and do it. If anything, this should make you work twice as hard and show him what he left.

Make us proud boys. I've got faith in you.

BC75

East Ridge and Coach B.

Good Luck, I think you have a great addition to your staff, celebrate this victory, but also remember getting the coach is only half of it, now show us what you can do with it. Good Luck to you guys as well.

BC75

This thread is done.

Good Luck to both teams.
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com