Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne loses Head Coach
Well i dont want to spread rumors or anything but i heard its official that Bobby Brahnam left Betsy Layne and went to East Ridge. I have a parent that works at BL and she told me today. Has anyone else heard about this and if true who should BL replace him with.
BL will be hard pressed to find someone to take over a 1-9 team this late in the year. Branham will work hard no matter where he is at. Does anyone know if this is fact or fiction? I wish coach would let us into his decision when it is made.
Oh well, this is what happens when a school/parents pushes a coach into a decision like this! SERVES THEM RIGHT! He had them headed into the right direction and I don't know if I have ever seen a turnaround in a team even if they did only win 1 games last year! Great man, Great Coach and if East Ridge did land Coach Branham, then that is exactly the right man for the right job! Now if East Ridge actually pushes football like it does basketball, then skies the limit for that program! Best of luck Coach Branham and congrats if this is indeed true! Betsy Layne, you just screwed up! As simple as that!
And one more thing to add, Coach Branham had the kids believing in themselves and there program which previously had been a joke for years. I don't know if they really understand how dedicated and valuable Coach Branham was to this school and it's football program when nobody else wanted it!
yeah it's official heard from the football players themeselves, really sad he had these boys believing in themselves when no one else did, I thought he would turn this program around East Ridges gain and Betsy Laynes loss........ hope a coach is named for them soon they are supposed to start practice july 4th but it may turn out to be another late summer start
yeah sad story for BL but big congrats to ER now they got one hell of a coach coming into to turn around there program.
"In it to Win it" huh Coach Branham!!!!
Yeah really OAB, what happened to "making history" coach b, or what about your self proclaimed body by brahnam, which by the way you really didnt have much to do with, and yes he did have the team believing in themselves but now what? And how can people say he is dedicated when he went against everything he told the betsy layne football team and the hole school?? which was he was in it for the long run.......Coach B is just a glory hog who will take it any way he can!!!!!!!!
You can't blame the guy for taking a better coaching position..those kids at BL will still believe in themselves no matter what coach they have. I think they will have a better year than last year.
I agree with on one hell of a coach, just not the same way you do!!!!!

MVP2 Wrote:yeah sad story for BL but big congrats to ER now they got one hell of a coach coming into to turn around there program.
Well from what i heard he is defientally gone. Its sad to see him go i really thought he loved the team and would help them get better. Its a terrible seeing these guys lose another head coach. That makes three diffrent coaches in the past three 4 years. I really hope they give Red a chance at head coach i know he doesnt have any experience but all the players respect him and like him i hope they consider him for the job.
Tough loss for Betsy Layne...
The man meant what he said while he was there, but did anyone think he was going to sit around if a better job came open. No matter the timing he meant what he said and was very passionate about winning at BL. But who wouldn't want a bigger pool to choose from. Good luck coach B.
A Blessing & A Curse Wrote:Tough loss for Betsy Layne...

WHY is it a tough loss? Maybe they can get someone better. It's not like they lost Bear Bryant
TOUCHDOWN Wrote:I agree with on one hell of a coach, just not the same way you do!!!!!

Smile :devilflam
What?? Betsy Layne apparently should thank their lucky stars! Sounds like he may have got their spirits up, but we all know that it takes alot more than that to win games. It also sounds like from this thread that he really deceived alot of people at BL into thinking that he was there for the "long run". :dontthink Some people are always on the move....that's how they keep people from knowing that their not coaching material. What a sad sad day for ER. :booo:
I also heard he was gone for sure and it was a done deal he just had to wait until after July first for some reason. I heard that was why he gave his players all of this month off. When I asked him if he was leaving for East Ridge in the Betsy Layne thread he said " I have heard so many rumors about me coaching this year, I am going to let you guys ponder for a while" He never gave us a definate answer.
bball_2000 Wrote:yeah it's official heard from the football players themeselves, really sad he had these boys believing in themselves when no one else did, I thought he would turn this program around East Ridges gain and Betsy Laynes loss........ hope a coach is named for them soon they are supposed to start practice july 4th but it may turn out to be another late summer start

they can't start on July 4th. it is dead period 9th is the first day they can practice, 15th or 16th the first Oficcial day of football practice
dead period goes through the 10th, doesn't it?? that would mean practice on the 11th as the earliest date.
He let down a lot of players, coaches and fans in the BL community?
Well I played for Brahnam last year and the way he talked about the team and the school I thought he was a good fit but to see this happen just shows you what kind of person he is. Every player liked him except for two or three I think what they need is someone that will truley be loyal to them and will be there for them.
How quickly we forget what was done for us by CoachB. While I was at Betsy Layne I put everything into the program. You should know that especially Thorn67. I will also help any of those young men in getting a college scholarship as well!!!
Thorn67 Wrote:Well I played for Brahnam last year and the way he talked about the team and the school I thought he was a good fit but to see this happen just shows you what kind of person he is. Every player liked him except for two or three I think what they need is someone that will truley be loyal to them and will be there for them.
:thatsfunn
I will make one more comment on this thread. I had planned on staying at Betsy Layne. I have made alot of great friends there. Then when I make a decision that is best for my family, some of these so-called friends are the first to take a shot. I still have some good friends at Betsy Layne and I always will. I took up for these young men when everyone put them down. Now the decision was made to leave Betsy Layne was for my family and that is the reason.
Well Coach, way to think of your family when you took the job in the first place. lol I mean i really dont undertand but how can you say that you will help us when you stabbed all of us in the back but you know what. Im probably the happiest that you have left, now maybe we might get a good coach who will be dedicated and not lie to us and really mean it when they say "In it to win it" And dont we play you all in a scrimmage game next season?
Tell me once again how many practices you missed including weightlifting??
PittFan Wrote:Well Coach, way to think of your family when you took the job in the first place. lol I mean i really dont undertand but how can you say that you will help us when you stabbed all of us in the back but you know what. Im probably the happiest that you have left, now maybe we might get a good coach who will be dedicated and not lie to us and really mean it when they say "In it to win it" And dont we play you all in a scrimmage game next season?
Well Coach, its kind of hard when you live all the way up Mud Creek and dont drive and your mom doesent have a car. Exactly how many track meets did you miss?
or how many times you left early from weight lifting?
bball_2000 Wrote:yeah it's official heard from the football players themeselves, really sad he had these boys believing in themselves when no one else did, I thought he would turn this program around East Ridges gain and Betsy Laynes loss........ hope a coach is named for them soon they are supposed to start practice july 4th but it may turn out to be another late summer start

during dead period?
PittFan Wrote:Well Coach, way to think of your family when you took the job in the first place. lol I mean i really dont undertand but how can you say that you will help us when you stabbed all of us in the back but you know what. Im probably the happiest that you have left, now maybe we might get a good coach who will be dedicated and not lie to us and really mean it when they say "In it to win it" And dont we play you all in a scrimmage game next season?
Does none of your friends drive, lol? That is excuse is like beating a dead horse and you hear it from kids every year!