Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake news
The media are trying to say that the administration is hoarding ventilators and people will die for it. And FTR, this whole deal all stems back to the governors in the first place, not the federal government. Remember, in this land it is the states which are supposed to be sovereign over such matters as stores of emergency medical equipment. Governors are to be responsible for such things. The voter would do well to remember that vote buying practices come at a cost. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

If President Trump is responsible for this current shortage of ventilators and masks, then all Presidents are equally responsible. Correct? That being the case, should not have he inherited a replete supply of same, handed down from the foregoing responsible administration? Put simply-- America wa not prepared for a medical emergency of any kind. Much less the current pandemic. This lack of preparedness is systemic, and has gone on in spite of the many warings put forth by folks of all walks of life to include such notables as Bill Gates.

At any rate, when Andrew Cuomo gets up and slams the president for not giving him everything he wants when he wants it, is baloney. The responsiblity was and is his own. This is all politics, as is Nancy Pelosi's Coronavirus response oversight committee. The Dem's drawers are down and they're desperate to hang someting, anything, on DJT. And as I have said many times, Dems will say or do anything to get power. And you can bet that the rabid media who cannot see past their own political biases even in the face of hundreds of thousands if not millions of American dead, are all Democrats.

It's a guise, a ruse. If Hillary were President they'd all be protecting her just like they did Obama and are presently in the case of Joe Biden.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:The media are trying to say that the administration is hoarding ventilators and people will die for it. And FTR, this whole deal all stems back to the governors in the first place, not the federal government. Remember, in this land it is the states which are supposed to be sovereign over such matters as stores of emergency medical equipment. Governors are to be responsible for such things. The voter would do well to remember that vote buying practices come at a cost. There is no such thing as a free lunch.

If President Trump is responsible for this current shortage of ventilators and masks, then all Presidents are equally responsible. Correct? That being the case, should not have he inherited a replete supply of same, handed down from the foregoing responsible administration? Put simply-- America wa not prepared for a medical emergency of any kind. Much less the current pandemic. This lack of preparedness is systemic, and has gone on in spite of the many warings put forth by folks of all walks of life to include such notables as Bill Gates.

At any rate, when Andrew Cuomo gets up and slams the president for not giving him everything he wants when he wants it, is baloney. The responsiblity was and is his own. This is all politics, as is Nancy Pelosi's Coronavirus response oversight committee. The Dem's drawers are down and they're desperate to hang someting, anything, on DJT. And as I have said many times, Dems will say or do anything to get power. And you can bet that the rabid media who cannot see past their own political biases even in the face of hundreds of thousands if not millions of American dead, are all Democrats.

It's a guise, a ruse. If Hillary were President they'd all be protecting her just like they did Obama and are presently in the case of Joe Biden.

This administration had 3 years to right the wrong of Obama left behind. Trump could have torched Obama for not replenishing the National stores. Why didn’t he do this?
I wonder how much of the federal store as been used thus far? Where has it been deployed?

Cuomo is right about Trump’s inept actions, but as the Governor with the stare with the most popular city he was just as inept. He waited for this to explode before preparing and still today will not lockdown NYC. Now all we get is whining about why neither will do anything for their constituents.

Your last statement is rich.
Van Hagar Wrote:But to be fair why the hell should Jared Kushner be saying anything about anything that pertains to national issues? His only qualification is who he married. It’s not a good look for the Trump administration for him to be the spokesman for anything.

This administration never fails to show us what kind of Junior Pro administration they are everyday during this crisis. Kushner is just another example.
Anybody who can actually put the romper room naivete of the past administration out of their immediate memory has mental issues IMO. We elected and then reelected the consumate liberal, a man who was lacking in any real world experience whatever, and now we're reaping the whirlwind.

This administration has up until very recently, enjoyed very little by way of cooperation from those of his own party. On the other hand, operating against this land under the banner of "The Resistance" the disloyal opposition have for over three years prosecuted their formal refusal to recognize the people's choice as even being legitimate. To that end they contrived evidence, and subsequently then tried the President for supposed crimes that were as undefinable as they were tangible. Not to mention laughable. So immersed in investigations were they, pooh-poohing the President's travel ban and other efforts to stem the CV pandemic's potential hold on this land, that for a rather meaningfully time they missed the seriousness of the threat. And of course, you line right up with them.

So-- despite what you consider to be clever camouflage , your unswerving support of all things liberal reveals what you really are. But please do keep pitching, you provide this site a much needed basis for comparison. And FTR every time history shoots down the hopes, dreams and predictions you post on here, makes for high entertainment. :biglmao:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cardfan1 Wrote:This administration had 3 years to right the wrong of Obama left behind. Trump could have torched Obama for not replenishing the National stores. Why didn’t he do this?
I wonder how much of the federal store as been used thus far? Where has it been deployed?

Cuomo is right about Trump’s inept actions, but as the Governor with the stare with the most popular city he was just as inept. He waited for this to explode before preparing and still today will not lockdown NYC. Now all we get is whining about why neither will do anything for their constituents.

Your last statement is rich.
You are the biggest political hack ever to haunt this forum by a comfortable margin. I would wager that the stores of emergency supplies stockpiled by the federal government under any former administration would have been quickly depleted had a similar crisis occurred. To call Trump's actions inept in this case is a measure of your extreme political bias. However, the fact that you acknowledge Cuomo's hypocrisy is encouraging, as he is one of your fellow liberal political hacks.
The whine is in full effect about how Obama used everything up, and didn’t put it back 3 years after Trump took office. It was this administration’s job to resupply. 2 years of House and Senate majority and can’t fill the stores back up: weak. And weak of you guys to repeat that sorry excuse.

Of course any administration would see their supplies disappear with a crisis of this magnitude, but that isn’t what is being said.

Trump has been inept. He has been denying and downplaying the severity of this disease since late January. His actions have matched his words.
Cardfan1 Wrote:The whine is in full effect about how Obama used everything up, and didn’t put it back 3 years after Trump took office. It was this administration’s job to resupply. 2 years of House and Senate majority and can’t fill the stores back up: weak. And weak of you guys to repeat that sorry excuse.

Of course any administration would see their supplies disappear with a crisis of this magnitude, but that isn’t what is being said.

Trump has been inept. He has been denying and downplaying the severity of this disease since late January. His actions have matched his words.

LOL, I'm sorry for this but 'your words' match your brains, or better, lack of same.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, I'm sorry for this but 'your words' match your brains, or better, lack of same.

Can’t prove me wrong, so resort to name-calling.

You wouldn’t let a Democrat get away with whining and blathering about the last administration.

What has Trump done right during this? 2 weeks/ months doesn’t count.

He can’t even roll out a face mask recommendation from the CDC without screwing that up.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Can’t prove me wrong, so resort to name-calling.

You wouldn’t let a Democrat get away with whining and blathering about the last administration.

What has Trump done right during this? 2 weeks/ months doesn’t count.

He can’t even roll out a face mask recommendation from the CDC without screwing that up.

Prove you wrong? :hilarious:

You got nothing but opinion to put up on here. The parameters of that opinion not even having the merit of being of 'considered' status, it is instead 'given' to you by partisan hacks. You've tried to convict Trump of imaginary crimes since you started posting on here. Never one to give the slightest quarter, in your mind he's always guilty of the crime du jour. And to that end so far, your batting average is a demonstrative zero.

He's not whining about the last administration, he's scarcely mentioned it. But where you would criticize me for bringing up the truth, with seconds remaining in the 8 year long romper-room Obama era, he was still blaming George W as he was on his way out the door to get on the chopper and begin his call to the Palestinian Authority to pledge his parting gift of 221 million taxpayer dollars. I didn't hear you say the first word about that. Heck, most of the time 99% and above, you won't even admit to your debate opponent that such things even happened.

But let's add to the President's list the blame for the spread of the coronavirus. Ridiculous. The CDC didn't confirm the first transmitted case of CV inside the US (meaning a person who'd not traveled overseas) until Jan 30. And W.H.O. didn't declare CV a pandemic until March 11. I didn't hear the first person blame Obama for H1N1. But he DID use up the nation's emergency medical supplies and he left town with the cupboards bare. That fact is beyond dispute. President Trump acted swiftly and banned travel with China on Jan 30. And then your side howled like werewolves about it. The whole bunch of you are a sad joke.

Writhe in agony Cardfan, it's high end entertainment. And pine for the return of the wonder years of a Democrat at the helm once again. Cause it's gonna be a while. ABTW, it was the press who's been dogpiling over the lack of medical stores. Let's at least blame the right guy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Prove you wrong? :hilarious:

You got nothing but opinion to put up on here. The parameters of that opinion not even having the merit of being of 'considered' status, it is instead 'given' to you by partisan hacks. You've tried to convict Trump of imaginary crimes since you started posting on here. Never one to give the slightest quarter, in your mind he's always guilty of the crime du jour. And to that end so far, your batting average is a demonstrative zero.

He's not whining about the last administration, he's scarcely mentioned it. But where you would criticize me for bringing up the truth, with seconds remaining in the 8 year long romper-room Obama era, he was still blaming George W as he was on his way out the door to get on the chopper and begin his call to the Palestinian Authority to pledge his parting gift of 221 million taxpayer dollars. I didn't hear you say the first word about that. Heck, most of the time 99% and above, you won't even admit to your debate opponent that such things even happened.

But let's add to the President's list the blame for the spread of the coronavirus. Ridiculous. The CDC didn't confirm the first transmitted case of CV inside the US (meaning a person who'd not traveled overseas) until Jan 30. And W.H.O. didn't declare CV a pandemic until March 11. I didn't hear the first person blame Obama for H1N1. But he DID use up the nation's emergency medical supplies and he left town with the cupboards bare. That fact is beyond dispute. President Trump acted swiftly and banned travel with China on Jan 30. And then your side howled like werewolves about it. The whole bunch of you are a sad joke.

Writhe in agony Cardfan, it's high end entertainment. And pine for the return of the wonder years of a Democrat at the helm once again. Cause it's gonna be a while. ABTW, it was the press who's been dogpiling over the lack of medical stores. Let's at least blame the right guy.
There is no telling how many American lives were spared when Trump acted swiftly and decisively to ban travel between Red China and the U.S. and you are absolutely correct about the near unanimous condemnation by liberal Democrats. They have quickly gone from condemning the president as a xenophobe for taking rash, unwarranted action to condemning him for not taking action sooner.

As you know, I have criticized Trump for many things over the past few years but I cannot understand how anybody can find serious fault with how he has handled this pandemic. That includes those who spend their waking hours criticizing his staff of medical experts. Mistakes will be made, as mistakes are always made when human beings are involved in decisions, but I truly appreciate the hard work and dedication that Trump and his administration have displayed over the past few months.

I also don't care who the doctors on his staff voted for in the last election either. That is irrelevant, IMO. The buck stops with President Trump and so far he has risen to the task.

A non-partisan or bi-partisan review of how this crisis is being handled should be conducted, just as our military reviews how battles were conducted. There should be no room for hyper-partisans such as Adam Schiff, Nancy Pelosi, or Chuck Schumer when such an after action review is held. Never have I seen such widespread anti-American behavior as I have seen in this election year - with the possible exception of John F. Kerry and friends' traitorous behavior after his cowardly exit from military service during the Vietnam War. The main reason for an after action report is to prepare for the next pandemic, which may be a replay of this one next winter.
TheRealThing Wrote:Prove you wrong? :hilarious:

Still whining over Obama. Geez...

Heaven forbid Trump is elected again, but I imagine all of his screw ups will be Obama’s.

Obama should have replenished the stocks.

But let’s be honest the Trump administration had no idea there was a problem three years in because Pandemic was not on their list of concerns. In March, this administration discovered they were billions, not millions, BILLIONS of N95 masks short of a pandemic disaster.
3 years in...

As far as Trump’s China travel ban, I applauded it. Well...what it should have been. He only banned travel from Chinese nationals unless they had family here. American citizens could travel back and forth. 10s of thousands of travelers went back and forth under the ban that was already two weeks late.

You know what’s two weeks late: a federal control of travel from New York City, New Orleans, Detroit, and any other hotspot. The lack of declarative action screams incompetence.

We can boast about firing a Navy Captain who is concerned over the safety of his crew. Cowardice.

Maybe the biggest disgrace is the total failure of testing. Total fiasco: when anybody wants to complain about the closure of the economy go back and revisit that crap show. A vaccine may be the only way we open all the way up, but if we would have had adequate testing we could have controlled the spread and maintained a working America, but you can’t test adequately when you deny, deny, deny.

We count on our government to protect its citizens. This crisis was a slow moving steamroller that has been heading our way since December. Trump was asleep at the wheel, or purposefully texting and ignoring the road listening to denier conservative news outlets putting tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of American lives on the line.

My writhing is over the Americans that are dying because this poser administration’s lack of action.

They’re sticking it to the libs though!!!
Cardfan1 Wrote:Still whining over Obama. Geez...

Heaven forbid Trump is elected again, but I imagine all of his screw ups will be Obama’s.

But let’s be honest the Trump administration had no idea there was a problem three years in because Pandemic was not on their list of concerns. In March, this administration discovered they were billions, not millions, BILLIONS of N95 masks short of a pandemic disaster.
3 years in...

As far as Trump’s China travel ban, I applauded it. Well...what it should have been. He only banned travel from Chinese nationals unless they had family here. American citizens could travel back and forth. 10s of thousands of travelers went back and forth under the ban that was already two weeks late.

You know what’s two weeks late: a federal control of travel from New York City, New Orleans, Detroit, and any other hotspot. The lack of declarative action screams incompetence.

We can boast about firing a Navy Captain who is concerned over the safety of his crew. Cowardice.

Maybe the biggest disgrace is the total failure of testing. Total fiasco: when anybody wants to complain about the closure of the economy go back and revisit that crap show. A vaccine may be the only way we open all the way up, but if we would have had adequate testing we could have controlled the spread and maintained a working America, but you can’t test adequately when you deny, deny, deny.

We count on our government to protect its citizens. This crisis was a slow moving steamroller that has been heading our way since December. Trump was asleep at the wheel, or purposefully texting and ignoring the road listening to denier conservative news outlets putting tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of American lives on the line.

My writhing is over the Americans that are dying because this poser administration’s lack of action.

More partisan sniping from the Communist wing of the Democrat Party. Thank God Donald Trump is smart enough not to follow the idiotic course that you and your partisan liberal brethren would plot for this nation. You have already shown repeatedly that you adhere strictly to the party line that if Trump is for it, you are again' it.

Rather than refute every line of your dishonest, intentionally misleading post, I will respond to your assertion that firing the Navy captain was an act of Trump cowardice. First, it is unlikely that Trump was involved in that decision. The Captain violated a very clear rule regarding the handling of sensitive or classified information. His intentions may have been honorable (or he may have feared for his own health and thrown caution to the wind), but communicating troop status over the NIPR net to such a large number of people who were not all in his chain of command was misconduct that would justify a Court-Martial and removal from the Navy. For a junior officer, such an act would have been more understandable but a Navy Captain had to have known better. The health issues on board his ship should have been communicated through his chain of command and over a secure network, which is known as the SIPR net.

Trump was absolutely right to stand behind the chain of command that dismissed the Captain. The cowardly thing to have done would have been to have caved to public opinion consisting of people like you who are totally ignorant of the Uniform Code of Military Conduct and the security laws and regulations that govern military and federal government communications.

This is the wrong time to be engaging in your left wing political hackery.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Still whining over Obama. Geez...

3 years in...

Obama failed to hand over an operative government across the board, and that certainly includes any materials associated with meeting the challenges of a pandemic with any degree of readiness. I'm sure in your universe something like adequate emergency supplies could never avoid one's attention, even if he was facing down every democrat in the federal government. All of whom sworn to actively participate in "the resistance."

Even if he didn't think to drive Limousine One around to every warehouse and do an inventory, I will concede to that BTW, why would he have to? Should not have any President, especially one handing over the mantle of power, with one ounce of concern for the well being of the American people seen to that matter out of due diligence?

Thus like the preceding administration in it's entirety, the existing tests were defective and therefore useless. One might as well have swabbed their throat with a litmus strip. Previous administration, total fiasco. This administration had to start from scratch because the former left everything-- that would be allowing Putin to invade Crimea and who then sent troops, military aircraft and ships (including submarines) to Venezuela; that would include allowing China to seize control of the entire South China Sea; that would include allowing Iran and N Korea to proliferate well down the path of nuclear capability, that would allow ISIS to form a Caliphate; citing questionable funding concerns, that would also include shutting down the White House for the Easter Egg roll, and shutting down national monuments; that would include tbe US military's readiness to successfully meet a major enemy BTW; that would include allowing absolutely anybody who wanted to cruise across an undefended southern border to have their way; that would include not confirming his cabinet posts, or any other post for that matter; and that would include undermining his campaign and his administration; that would include endlessly myriad investigations; and that would include leaving the darn emergency medical warehouses bare.

Obama passed the baton as deceitfully as he governed. One minute you're trying to say conservatives such as myself are a bunch of alarmists and this democracy, (I say Republic) will stand despite all. Then when the inevitable looms you try to revise, in your real time fashion, the facts involved. Everything you posted is a lie. But MR Trump has nonetheless been gracious in his characterization of the problem. All he has said is, even if we did have the tests, and we didn't, without PPE we were still had. And I would just point out that you don't know what the official inventories actually showed. But no one has ever seen anything like this. and even then this virus in all likelihood was not naturally occurring. It could have been, but things look extremely dicey with regard to that. We're shut in here, self isolating. And we've had quite a scare in our family that thankfully this time around, was proven benign. So you'll forgive me if I've been a little too direct.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hoot Gibson Wrote:More partisan sniping from the Communist wing of the Democrat Party. Thank God Donald Trump is smart enough not to follow the idiotic course that you and your partisan liberal brethren would plot for this nation. You have already shown repeatedly that you adhere strictly to the party line that if Trump is for it, you are again' it.

Rather than refute every line of your dishonest, intentionally misleading post, I will respond to your assertion that firing the Navy captain was an act of Trump cowardice. First, it is unlikely that Trump was involved in that decision. The Captain violated a very clear rule regarding the handling of sensitive or classified information. His intentions may have been honorable (or he may have feared for his own health and thrown caution to the wind), but communicating troop status over the NIPR net to such a large number of people who were not all in his chain of command was misconduct that would justify a Court-Martial and removal from the Navy. For a junior officer, such an act would have been more understandable but a Navy Captain had to have known better. The health issues on board his ship should have been communicated through his chain of command and over a secure network, which is known as the SIPR net.

Trump was absolutely right to stand behind the chain of command that dismissed the Captain. The cowardly thing to have done would have been to have caved to public opinion consisting of people like you who are totally ignorant of the Uniform Code of Military Conduct and the security laws and regulations that govern military and federal government communications.

This is the wrong time to be engaging in your left wing political hackery.

Blah, blah, blah... more Rush Limbaugh blather.
Nobody gives a crap about fall that ultra right script of nonsense. Americans just want these people to do their jobs and get their heads out of their rears.

This would be the first time he stood behind the chain of command after pardoning a Seal his own Navy brothers called a murderer.

This Captain was cheered off his ship.

You’re probably right. Trump had nothing to do with it. One of those times he should have said I follow the Naval chain of command instead of mock the captain’s letter.

No, it is the right time. This administration needs called out for its failures in real time instead of given a pass. My hope is public pressure will make them do better as this crisis continues to rage.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Blah, blah, blah... more Rush Limbaugh blather.
Nobody gives a crap about fall that ultra right script of nonsense. Americans just want these people to do their jobs and get their heads out of their rears.

This would be the first time he stood behind the chain of command after pardoning a Seal his own Navy brothers called a murderer.

This Captain was cheered off his ship.

You’re probably right. Trump had nothing to do with it. One of those times he should have said I follow the Naval chain of command instead of mock the captain’s letter.

No, it is the right time. This administration needs called out for its failures in real time instead of given a pass. My hope is public pressure will make them do better as this crisis continues to rage.
Thanks for proving my point again. You are the voice of ignorance on this forum.
TheRealThing Wrote:Obama failed to hand over an operative government across the board, and that certainly includes any materials associated with meeting the challenges of a pandemic with any degree of readiness. I'm sure in your universe something like adequate emergency supplies could never avoid one's attention, even if he was facing down every democrat in the federal government. All of whom sworn to actively participate in "the resistance."

Even if he didn't think to drive Limousine One around to every warehouse and do an inventory, I will concede to that BTW, why would he have to? Should not have any President, especially one handing over the mantle of power, with one ounce of concern for the well being of the American people seen to that matter out of due diligence?

Thus like the preceding administration in it's entirety, the existing tests were defective and therefore useless. One might as well have swabbed their throat with a litmus strip. Previous administration, total fiasco. This administration had to start from scratch because the former left everything-- that would be allowing Putin to invade Crimea and who then sent troops, military aircraft and ships (including submarines) to Venezuela; that would include allowing China to seize control of the entire South China Sea; that would include allowing Iran and N Korea to proliferate well down the path of nuclear capability, that would allow ISIS to form a Caliphate; citing questionable funding concerns, that would also include shutting down the White House for the Easter Egg roll, and shutting down national monuments; that would include tbe US military's readiness to successfully meet a major enemy BTW; that would include allowing absolutely anybody who wanted to cruise across an undefended southern border to have their way; that would include not confirming his cabinet posts, or any other post for that matter; and that would include undermining his campaign and his administration; that would include endlessly myriad investigations; and that would include leaving the darn emergency medical warehouses bare.

Obama passed the baton as deceitfully as he governed. One minute you're trying to say conservatives such as myself are a bunch of alarmists and this democracy, (I say Republic) will stand despite all. Then when the inevitable looms you try to revise, in your real time fashion, the facts involved. Everything you posted is a lie. But MR Trump has nonetheless been gracious in his characterization of the problem. All he has said is, even if we did have the tests, and we didn't, without PPE we were still had. And I would just point out that you don't know what the official inventories actually showed. But no one has ever seen anything like this. and even then this virus in all likelihood was not naturally occurring. It could have been, but things look extremely dicey with regard to that. We're shut in here, self isolating. And we've had quite a scare in our family that thankfully this time around, was proven benign. So you'll forgive me if I've been a little too direct.

I hope you and your family are well.
This is starting to hit all around us here in KY, and I believe we may be a ways out from our peak.

Just as you look back and find frustration with Obama. I have that same frustration playing in real life. I would love to see him act more decisively and use some federal power and resources.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Thanks for proving my point again. You are the voice of ignorance on this forum.

If you think so then I am on the right path.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I hope you and your family are well.
This is starting to hit all around us here in KY, and I believe we may be a ways out from our peak.

Just as you look back and find frustration with Obama. I have that same frustration playing in real life. I would love to see him act more decisively and use some federal power and resources.

Thank you for the kind words.

While I understand your point, I cannot agree with the premise. To that end I have made the following observation known on this site for some time now. Americans have had things so good for so long, that it is only the aged that have a basis for comparison. Two and a half generations have passed for example since this society was tested in WW2. Why would you say there is such a wide gulf separating the attitudes of today's youth, (as in just graduated from college youth) and those of my generation?

I'm so glad you asked and allow me to expand. Barring those unfortunate youth whose parents are druggies and such, today's youth essentially want for nothing. There's is the pursuit of self satisfaction because it is for the most part all they know. Now I realize that to some degree that pursuit may be mitigated for some thanks to the admonitions of people like me. Life itself is a wonderful gift and so are personal accomplishments and personal integrity, but we seem to be missing that understanding. By way of contrast for example, my Dad came home to start his life after a firsthand experience with the horrors of war. WW2 to be exact.

In fact in those days, millions of young men of marrying age were home from the war. Consequently their attitudes were very well adjusted as to what things were actually important. They went to work at their jobs with gladness and thanksgiving. They cherished the freedom they had just redeemed, and esteemed their wives, children and homes as marvelous gifts to be appreciated. They went to Church and worshiped the Lord Who'd allowed them such gifts. And when they returned home they thanked Him for the food on the table. But instead of putting up a laundry list on today's generation, just ask someone who employs people in a business or hires a contractor to do work at their home, if today's run-of-the-mill worker is at all dependable. The answer is 'you can't find good help.' Any way you slice it, the character of men has deteriorated.

Perspective they say is everything, and not only are the attitude adjustments coming, they are overdue and even more sobering, they are prophesied in Scripture. All of that said, now that China has seeded this scourge upon our people it is we Americans who have the responsibility to stem the expansion of the outbreak. These viruses, fat coated RNA strands which are not classified as a living organism to my understanding; can only proliferate by transmission from host to host. As infected people shed the virus, those viruses can be picked up by others. Now I don't like it anymore than you do, but we're staying home. The real problem is not any fault of the President, the real problem is that not everybody is complying with directives. In one incident alone, 1500 revelers attended a block party in Florida last week. Now think about that for just a second.

So there are at least two pillars of the debate IMO. 1st - In what state did the Obama led revamp of health care ACTUALLY leave the national health system? And did the existing system sort of ride on the coattails of what was, when they were forced to deal with the H1N1 and to a much lesser degree the Ebola outbreaks.? 2nd - Since federal and state governments have shut down all but critical business, is it really too much to ask for people to stop their social interactions for the sakes of themselves, their families and the nation? To put a finer point on how the situation in our state has been politicized for example. Andy Beshear is the one who shut down Kentucky and I'm fine with that. But for him to blame President Trump for the shortages of medical supplies, instead of former Gov Bevin and even worse, his own Daddy who was governor for the eight years prior, was not only self serving and deceitful. It is childish and patently partisan.

This threat may well take the nation's full attention to defeat over the next month. We can't get by like we do in the case of everything else, by letting a large part of the citizenry just ignore directives and do as they please. Times like this is where personal integrity, or better the lack of it, really shines through the political correctness. I believe we were so absorbed in the impeachment that to some degree we overlooked the more weighty matters of governance. It's got to stop and it will stop one way or another. I just hope that way isn't existential in scope.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Thank you for the kind words.

While I understand your point, I cannot agree with the premise. To that end I have made the following observation known on this site for some time now. Americans have had things so good for so long, that it is only the aged that have a basis for comparison. Two and a half generations have passed for example since this society was tested in WW2. Why would you say there is such a wide gulf separating the attitudes of today's youth, (as in just graduated from college youth) and those of my generation?

I'm so glad you asked and allow me to expand. Barring those unfortunate youth whose parents are druggies and such, today's youth essentially want for nothing. There's is the pursuit of self satisfaction because it is for the most part all they know. Now I realize that to some degree that pursuit may be mitigated for some, thanks to the admonitions of people like me. But by way of contrast for example, my Dad came home to start his life after a firsthand experience with the horrors of war. WW2 to be exact.

In fact in those days, millions of young men of marrying age were home from the war. Consequently their attitudes were very well adjusted as to what things were actually important. They went to work at their jobs with gladness and thanksgiving. They cherished the freedom they had just redeemed, and esteemed their wives, children and homes as marvelous gifts to be appreciated. They went to Church and worshiped the Lord Who'd allowed them such gifts. And when they returned home they thanked Him for the food on the table. But instead of putting up a laundry list on today's generation, just ask someone who employs people in a business or hires a contractor to do work at their home, if today's run-of-the-mill worker is at all dependable. The answer is 'you can't find good help.' Any way you slice it, the character of men has deteriorated.

Perspective they say is everything, and not only are the attitude adjustments coming, they are overdue and even more sobering, they are prophesied in Scripture. All of that said, now that China has seeded this scourge upon our people it is we Americans who have the responsibility to stem the expansion of the outbreak. These viruses, fat coated RNA strands which are not classified as a living organism to my understanding; can only proliferate by transmission from host to host. As infected people shed the virus, those viruses can be picked up by others. Now I don't like it anymore than you do, but we're staying home. The real problem is not any fault of the President, the real problem is that not everybody is complying with directives. In one incident alone, 1500 revelers attended a block party in Florida last week. Now think about that for just a second.

So there are at least two pillars of the debate IMO. 1st - In what state did the Obama led revamp of health care ACTUALLY leave the national health system? And did the existing system sort of ride on the coattails of what was, when they were forced to deal with the H1N1, and to a much lesser degree the Ebola outbreaks.? 2nd - Since federal and state governments have shut down all but critical business, is it really too much to ask for people to stop their social interactions for the sakes of themselves, their families and the nation? To put a finer point on how the situation in our state has been politicized for example. Andy Beshear is the one who shut down Kentucky and I'm fine with that. But for him to blame President Trump for the shortages of medical supplies, instead of former Gov Bevin and even worse, his own Daddy who was governor for the eight years prior, was not only self serving and deceitful. It is childish and patently partisan.

This threat may well take the nation's full attention to defeat over the next month. We can't get by like we do in the case of everything else, by letting a large part of the citizenry just ignore directives and do as they please. Times like this is where personal integrity, or better the lack of it, really shines through the political correctness. I believe we were so absorbed in the impeachment that to some degree we overlooked the more weighty matters of governance. It's got to stop and it will stop one way or another. I just hope that way isn't existential in scope.

I agree with some of the things you say. Especially with the idea that it will take all of us. I blame a lot of that on Florida for not shutting down until after Spring Break. There is no telling how many lives will be lost because of that. On the other hand without direct federal guidance then that is what you get.

I can't agree with the BOLDED against Andy Beshear. I watch the guy everyday, and I have never seen a politician be less partisan. He does have things to complain about from several administrations federal and state, past and present, but he stays away from it even when reporters are trying to bait him into saying something negative.

I can't believe you refuse to hold the Trump administration accountable at all. It was reported yesterday that the administration didn't begin ordering face masks and other PPE until mid- March. If true, that falls squarely on the shoulders of this administration. The US government no matter who is in charge should have seen this coming, and started preparing before March.

Impeachment was a distraction for us, and the media, but the administration should have been focused on the job of protecting the American people. None of the people who are responsible for the failings at this point, including the President, had any responsibility in the Impeachment proceedings, so they should have been doing their jobs.
Cardfan1 Wrote:I agree with some of the things you say. Especially with the idea that it will take all of us. I blame a lot of that on Florida for not shutting down until after Spring Break. There is no telling how many lives will be lost because of that. On the other hand without direct federal guidance then that is what you get.

I can't agree with the BOLDED against Andy Beshear. I watch the guy everyday, and I have never seen a politician be less partisan. He does have things to complain about from several administrations federal and state, past and present, but he stays away from it even when reporters are trying to bait him into saying something negative.

I can't believe you refuse to hold the Trump administration accountable at all. It was reported yesterday that the administration didn't begin ordering face masks and other PPE until mid- March. If true, that falls squarely on the shoulders of this administration. The US government no matter who is in charge should have seen this coming, and started preparing before March.

Impeachment was a distraction for us, and the media, but the administration should have been focused on the job of protecting the American people. None of the people who are responsible for the failings at this point, including the President, had any responsibility in the Impeachment proceedings, so they should have been doing their jobs.

Yeah, me too. I heard Beshear say he couldn't get supplies because he was competing with the federal government. That's like trying to buy fire insurance after the house burns down. He did not directly implicate the President, but only a goof would deny the underlying intent. It is the fed's responsibility to back up the states which need help, but it is each individual state's responsibility to sovereignly govern self sufficiently. And in that sense every serving governor bears responsibility. This fact is as true in the retroactive sense, as it is the present sense and the future sense. As the keys to the White House were handed to MR Trump, the warehouses which housed the national backup stockpile were nonetheless, empty. You may want to go on with this argument, I for one am not because the fact is not only evidenced by recent events, it is long established law. The US Chamber of Commerce says these kinds of things are an inherency associated with global enterprise, and we should get on with free trade. Last I heard, which was like this past weekend, the Dems are all about free trade. So, this caught us all by surprise despite myriad examples of people on cited video making their warnings that this day would come. What I can't believe is how anyone could try to hang sole responsibility around the neck of this President. We the people have a right and a reasonable expectation that preparedness would be an ongoing surety. Should we not?

But I have just pointed out the obvious in this situation, if I were you and I wanted to blame somebody, I'd look to China's recklessness. Federal guidelines have been issued. But as in the case of emergency medical stores, governors responsible for oversight in that case are endued with power by their own constituents and the US Constitution to exercise their own judgment. They chose to fund other things, and some have chosen not to do state wide lockdowns. The next legal step some would argue, would be to declare marshall law. I'd love to see your reaction to that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah, me too. I heard Beshear say he couldn't get supplies because he was competing with the federal government. That's like trying to buy fire insurance after the house burns down. He did not directly implicate the President, but only a goof would deny the underlying intent. It is the fed's responsibility to back up the states which need help, but it is each individual state's responsibility to sovereignly govern self sufficiently. And in that sense every serving governor bears responsibility. This fact is as true in the retroactive sense, as it is the present sense and the future sense. As the keys to the White House were handed to MR Trump, the warehouses which housed the national backup stockpile were nonetheless, empty. You may want to go on with this argument, I for one am not because the fact is not only evidenced by recent events, it is long established law. The US Chamber of Commerce says these kinds of things are an inherency associated with global enterprise, and we should get on with free trade. Last I heard, which was like this past weekend, the Dems are all about free trade. So, this caught us all by surprise despite myriad examples of people on cited video making their warnings that this day would come. What I can't believe is how anyone could try to hang sole responsibility around the neck of this President. We the people have a right and a reasonable expectation that preparedness would be an ongoing surety. Should we not?

But I have just pointed out the obvious in this situation, if I were you and I wanted to blame somebody, I'd look to China's recklessness. Federal guidelines have been issued. But as in the case of emergency medical stores, governors responsible for oversight in that case are endued with power by their own constituents and the US Constitution to exercise their own judgment. They chose to fund other things, and some have chosen not to do state wide lockdowns. The next legal step some would argue, would be to declare marshall law. I'd love to see your reaction to that.

Republican Governors shared that same frustration. I think it actually went public from Larry Hogan, so every Governor was asked the same question I’m certain.
The bar is higher for the federal govt. They should have been prepared. Period.

States rely on the federal govt. to protect them in times of disaster; let’s not pretend that isn’t the case. Every time it rains we declare a disaster to get fed money.

I blame China. Today they have opened tourist destinations, and they have crowds that will definitely cause a resurgence of the virus. We will never be able to trust their reports.

I’ve already said NYC, New Orleans, Detroit, and future hotspots should be locked down until the curve is flattened. If Govs won’t help enforce; Martial law there.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Republican Governors shared that same frustration. I think it actually went public from Larry Hogan, so every Governor was asked the same question I’m certain.
The bar is higher for the federal govt. They should have been prepared. Period.

States rely on the federal govt. to protect them in times of disaster; let’s not pretend that isn’t the case. Every time it rains we declare a disaster to get fed money.

I blame China. Today they have opened tourist destinations, and they have crowds that will definitely cause a resurgence of the virus. We will never be able to trust their reports.

I’ve already said NYC, New Orleans, Detroit, and future hotspots should be locked down until the curve is flattened. If Govs won’t help enforce; Martial law there.

You can put a period after almost anything. That act doesn't make the statement any more accurate, nor does it lend more credibility than it did in the case of the following Obama quote; "The affordable care act will not cost the taxpayer one dime, period." Several years later it was revealed the ACA would in fact cost the taxpayer at least 6.2 trillion and that number has been revised upward a number of times.

As I indicated I'm all through lending merit to your false assumption about the liability of the federal government to the states for health care by participating any further in your circular codependent seeking rant. The federal government's role is to help, they back up, that's it. Otherwise why even have governors? Though in many cases the people would certainly be better served without the one they have.

States do tend to lean on the federal government in times of disaster, that's true. But when every state is affected, that makes the wicket a bit more sticky. But I am confident you will continue to work at blaming Trump from every angle imaginable, it won't work. But where it does come to federal involvement in healthcare, President Trump has done miraculous work in getting the people to accept the burden of other people's care (ObamaCare) as things stand. I mean you ought to be singing his praises. I on the other hand am not so happy with him about that, because just as was warned, it was the seniors that got thrown under the bus. Health care costs very unceremoniously got transferred to their tab. It is a national disgrace to expect the aged to cough up thousands of dollars each year at their most vulnerable time of life both physically and financially for anybody, much less listless folks. I wrote MR Trump a letter outlining my concerns about the matter a got back nary a peep.

But I will go this far with the bleeding hearts. For those who at least try, and by that I mean those who are possessing of a demonstrably viable work record, let us extend the blessings of care to those folks. For those who for whatever reason will not try, let them be relegated to basic care and welfare across the board, and see if that motivates them any. But I have digressed, and back to the pandemic.

As I have said, elections have consequences. And given that the people have become woefully lacking in their judgment of those they elect to high office, our form of free self governance is in jeopardy. Frankly, history demonstrates that there is always something headed our way. And to that end Governors have duties to perform, but these days that's not the reason we put them into office. No, these days they're elected because they promise to give people stuff. In the case of Kentucky's last election for example, assuming it was all legal and legit, we kicked out Bevin and we got us another Democrat Governor. Let accountability be darned and let them goodies roll! You can get mad all you want Cardfan, States Governors willfully or not and I realize their hands are tied to an extent, have the responsibility for creating their state's own stockpiles. THEN, if those stockpiles fail it is the role of the federal to come in. Period

Otherwise like in your case, people lose proper perspective. It's just not feasible for 350 million people to lean of the Federal Government for things. You certainly won't find any free goodies enumerated in the Constitution: Article I, Sec. 8; Articles II-V; Amendments XIII-XVI, XIX-XX, XXIII-XXVI. These prerogatives belong to one of the following categories:

1) Defense, war prosecution, peace, foreign relations, foreign commerce, and interstate commerce;

2) The protection of citizens’ constitutional rights (e.g the right to vote) and ensuring that slavery remains illegal;

3) Establishing federal courts inferior to the SCOTUS;

4) Copyright protection;

5) Coining money;

6) Establishing post offices and post roads;

7) Establishing a national set of universal weights and measures;

8 ) Taxation

I posted on here a decade ago, in that post I called out LBJ for his Great Society Initiative. Why? Because once you start creating taxpayer funded special interest carve-outs for any class of people, you have begun the process of the eventual existential undermine of this land. There just is not a place to draw the line and the compromising to that end has not stopped to this day. Same thing with the States expecting to get bailed out of stressful situations, be they owing to calamity or just the self serving demands of a spoiled electorate. "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic." ---BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

So now, do continue with blaming MR Trump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:You can put a period after almost anything. That act doesn't make the statement any more accurate, nor does it lend more credibility than it did in the case of the following Obama quote; "The affordable care act will not cost the taxpayer one dime, period." Several years later it was revealed the ACA would in fact cost the taxpayer at least 6.2 trillion and that number has been revised upward a number of times.

As I indicated I'm all through lending merit to your false assumption about the liability of the federal government to the states for health care by participating any further in your circular codependent seeking rant. The federal government's role is to help, they back up, that's it. Otherwise why even have governors? Though in many cases the people would certainly be better served without the one they have.

States do tend to lean on the federal government in times of disaster, that's true. But when every state is affected, that makes the wicket a bit more sticky. But I am confident you will continue to work at blaming Trump from every angle imaginable, it won't work. But where it does come to federal involvement in healthcare, President Trump has done miraculous work in getting the people to accept the burden of other people's care (ObamaCare) as things stand. I mean you ought to be singing his praises. I on the other hand am not so happy with him about that, because just as was warned, it was the seniors that got thrown under the bus. Health care costs very unceremoniously got transferred to their tab. It is a national disgrace to expect the aged to cough up thousands of dollars each year at their most vulnerable time of life both physically and financially for anybody, much less listless folks. I wrote MR Trump a letter outlining my concerns about the matter a got back nary a peep.

But I will go this far with the bleeding hearts. For those who at least try, and by that I mean those who are possessing of a demonstrably viable work record, let us extend the blessings of care to those folks. For those who for whatever reason will not try, let them be relegated to basic care and welfare across the board, and see if that motivates them any. But I have digressed, and back to the pandemic.

As I have said, elections have consequences. And given that the people have become woefully lacking in their judgment of those they elect to high office, our form of free self governance is in jeopardy. Frankly, history demonstrates that there is always something headed our way. And to that end Governors have duties to perform, but these days that's not the reason we put them into office. No, these days they're elected because they promise to give people stuff. In the case of Kentucky's last election for example, assuming it was all legal and legit, we kicked out Bevin and we got us another Democrat Governor. Let accountability be darned and let them goodies roll! You can get mad all you want Cardfan, States Governors willfully or not and I realize their hands are tied to an extent, have the responsibility for creating their state's own stockpiles. THEN, if those stockpiles fail it is the role of the federal to come in. Period

Otherwise like in your case, people lose proper perspective. It's just not feasible for 350 million people to lean of the Federal Government for things. You certainly won't find any free goodies enumerated in the Constitution: Article I, Sec. 8; Articles II-V; Amendments XIII-XVI, XIX-XX, XXIII-XXVI. These prerogatives belong to one of the following categories:

1) Defense, war prosecution, peace, foreign relations, foreign commerce, and interstate commerce;

2) The protection of citizens’ constitutional rights (e.g the right to vote) and ensuring that slavery remains illegal;

3) Establishing federal courts inferior to the SCOTUS;

4) Copyright protection;

5) Coining money;

6) Establishing post offices and post roads;

7) Establishing a national set of universal weights and measures;

8 ) Taxation

I posted on here a decade ago, in that post I called out LBJ for his Great Society Initiative. Why? Because once you start creating taxpayer funded special interest carve-outs for any class of people, you have begun the process of the eventual existential undermine of this land. There just is not a place to draw the line and the compromising to that end has not stopped to this day. Same thing with the States expecting to get bailed out of stressful situations, be they owing to calamity or just the self serving demands of a spoiled electorate. "When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the Republic." ---BENJAMIN FRANKLIN

So now, do continue with blaming MR Trump

There really is no other choice other than expand healthcare. The whole system will crash in the greatest time of need. I will commend the administration for pushing that out there.

Way too many holes in the Stimulus for me. Lots of working people left out.

This is a big stretch that states are on their own during a natural disaster.
IMO, this would fall under Defense definitely in this case with a foreign virus.
If anybody is willing, check out an article from today on theatlantic.com by David Frum entitled ‘This is Trump’s Fault.’ Pretty much completely summarizes my feelings and beliefs on him. I know that puts me in a large minority in this part of the US, but it’s how I feel, I don’t apologize for it. I consider it ‘True Facts’, not ‘Fake News’. But I also will readily admit that I am so sickened by what politics is these days from all sides, and that I know the Obama Administration had tons of questionable things going on also. And in the 2016 election, while I didn’t want Trump, I didn’t want Hilary either, I’m afraid her administration would have been a different kind of fiasco. I have long held the theory that politicians, the men and women of both parties, may actually start out with true intentions, but become more and more corrupt the farther they climb up the ladder, with their only, ONLY, real agenda being staying in office, and keeping their side of the aisle in power. Finding someone who is ‘For the People’ seems almost impossible anymore on either side of a ticket. Your best bet at finding someone who might actually be trying to make a real difference in people’s lives is at the local levels, before they climb too far.
Cardfan1 Wrote:There really is no other choice other than expand healthcare. The whole system will crash in the greatest time of need. I will commend the administration for pushing that out there.

Way too many holes in the Stimulus for me. Lots of working people left out.

This is a big stretch that states are on their own during a natural disaster.
IMO, this would fall under Defense definitely in this case with a foreign virus.

Like I said. The day the federal government started handing out material things it was only a matter of time. In Johnson's time there were 336 thousand people on food stamps. That's nationally. And the dent that put in the federal budget was zero. Today minus pensions, 65% of all federal spending is dedicated to giving people things. There quite frankly is no end in sight to the increase.

The US will go bankrupt and collapse, very likely in your lifetime. If that happens you better be a doomsday prepper, because all the money you can scrape up won't buy you the first French fry at McD's. Defense means keeping the bad guys at bay, period.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Van Hagar Wrote:If anybody is willing, check out an article from today on theatlantic.com by David Frum entitled ‘This is Trump’s Fault.’ Pretty much completely summarizes my feelings and beliefs on him. I know that puts me in a large minority in this part of the US, but it’s how I feel, I don’t apologize for it. I consider it ‘True Facts’, not ‘Fake News’. But I also will readily admit that I am so sickened by what politics is these days from all sides, and that I know the Obama Administration had tons of questionable things going on also. And in the 2016 election, while I didn’t want Trump, I didn’t want Hilary either, I’m afraid her administration would have been a different kind of fiasco. I have long held the theory that politicians, the men and women of both parties, may actually start out with true intentions, but become more and more corrupt the farther they climb up the ladder, with their only, ONLY, real agenda being staying in office, and keeping their side of the aisle in power. Finding someone who is ‘For the People’ seems almost impossible anymore on either side of a ticket. Your best bet at finding someone who might actually be trying to make a real difference in people’s lives is at the local levels, before they climb too far.

We must all choose what we believe to be the truth. The Atlantic very often puts opinion out there as if it were news. They have a left leaning rating. That would be left as in 'political' left. Hence the criticism fake news. I watched the media lapse into leftist news coverage over the course of my lifetime. I know they lie to propagate their political agendist opinions. Again, you must make your own determinations. I can tell you this- despite what Frum says, FOX is biased but less biased by far than the Atlantic.

That said I read your article and it was Frum's opinion. Ventilators for example. The federal government according to Frum, had a ventilator maintenance contract with some entity until sometime in 2018 which TRUMP let lapse. Who was it again that the Constitution says controls this nation's purse strings? But in his mind, all those new ventilators stored in government warehouses, in containers, and in addition individually wrapped or boxed on top of that just sat there and broke themselves? Common Van. Now, just speaking for myself here, but I sincerely doubt the likelihood of that.

Nonetheless I went through most of the article and I can tell you it's an unfounded liberal rant with only one intent. It definitely lived up to the title; "This is Trump's Fault." I mean, do you really think a Democrat or a Dem supporter is in your wildest imagination, going to accept the blame for a thing? But I have a long held theory too. The American voter can be manipulated. We routinely elect unqualified candidates to high office based solely on their party affiliation. That means that power hungry egomaniacs of the sort you mentioned, whose only intent is to stay in office, know they will be elected if they run say, in a 'blue state.' That in and of itself is a form of bias. You don't think everybody knew Hillary's Senate seat was a done deal in New York? She's from Illinois but Dems own New York. Voters don't want to spend the time to vet candidates so they waltzed in there, that is unless they were part of the Democrat 'dead vote' and pulled the handle. If I were going to pick out a new vehicle I would delve just a bit farther into the proposition that picking a red one or a blue one.

Past that, any government of and for the people cannot choose who to tax and who to bribe with those taxes. That my fried is the real problem, think about it. One cannot possibly hope to buy off everybody.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I appreciate you taking time to read it, and I respect your stance on it. People are always going to have differences of opinion on the political front, obviously. I just wish the abject hatred that each ‘side’ seems to wish on the other ‘side’ could somehow morph into something more civilized, where maybe things could actually get accomplished. (Not accusing you of that at all, I’m just commenting on the country at large right now). I am not optimistic that this attitude will change in the foreseeable future.
The loss of stockpiled respirators to breakage because the federal government let maintenance contracts lapse in 2018 is Trump’s fault.
The failure to store sufficient protective medical gear in the national arsenal is Trump’s fault. That states are bidding against other states for equipment, paying many multiples of the precrisis price for ventilators, is Trump’s fault. Air travelers summoned home and forced to stand for hours in dense airport crowds alongside infected people? That was Trump’s fault too. Ten weeks of insisting that the coronavirus is a harmless flu that would miraculously go away on its own? Trump’s fault again. The refusal of red-state governors to act promptly, the failure to close Florida and Gulf Coast beaches until late March?

The lying about the coronavirus by hosts on Fox News and conservative talk radio is Trump’s fault: They did it to protect him. The false hope of instant cures and nonexistent vaccines is Trump’s fault, because he told those lies to cover up his failure to act in time. The severity of the economic crisis is Trump’s fault; things would have been less bad if he had acted faster instead of sending out his chief economic adviser and his son Eric to assure Americans that the first stock-market dips were buying opportunities. The firing of a Navy captain for speaking truthfully about the virus’s threat to his crew? Trump’s fault. The fact that so many key government jobs were either empty or filled by mediocrities? Trump’s fault. The insertion of Trump’s arrogant and incompetent son-in-law as commander in chief of the national medical supply chain? Trump’s fault.

All correct. Thanks for the article, Van. I'm certain this article will be able to be written again with a whole new set of material in about a month.
Van Hagar Wrote:I appreciate you taking time to read it, and I respect your stance on it. People are always going to have differences of opinion on the political front, obviously. I just wish the abject hatred that each ‘side’ seems to wish on the other ‘side’ could somehow morph into something more civilized, where maybe things could actually get accomplished. (Not accusing you of that at all, I’m just commenting on the country at large right now). I am not optimistic that this attitude will change in the foreseeable future.

Isn't that the truth. I know people say there is hatred on both sides, and I know the political talking heads accuse both sides of being coequal with the causticisms. I don't see that at all. Conservatives are totally against liberalism and liberal policy, but they really do not hate the people on the left. They coexist with them expecting them to one day change their minds but, not being surprised when they do not. As I have often cited on here, there are no counter examples of riots, arsons, beatings and more serious assault, threats being hurled as they are at Trump rally goers and etc. from the right. You just cannot cite them because they just have not happened. I mean, one can claim right on his side all he wants. But if he participates in threats whether they be online or out on the street, or savagery, or destruction of public property, how could he possibly have right on his side?

I will be completely forthcoming with you here Van. The preponderance of my opinions derive from Scripture. I majored in history, and I have studied US history and her heritage or considered same over my lifetime. I served in the armed service during time of war and I worked in the construction industry. But my perspective on American life and history comes from the Bible. That said though I may find certain mindsets somewhat exasperating, I absolutely do not hate those who harbor those mindsets. Rather, I see a time coming when those folks will suffer great loss and I feel sorry for that. Ever had a car wreck and lamented over it? If you had only done one little thing different. Imagine the lament the unsaved masses will surely feel.

God put us all here to make the choice for or against Him. We are to trust Him and look to Him, the true source of all good things especially life, and keep and honor His tenets as clearly set forth in Scripture. Secular Humanism (liberalism), runs contrary to that. I have written about this subject in the Religion forum, but coming out of the age of enlightenment a mindset developed in which men felt anything which could be known and/or achieved, was knowable or achievable apart from any connection with God. That mindset is referred to as "The Great Dichotomy" Men could in other words observe nature, study and experiment and theorize their way to perfection. That is a condensed definition of secular humanism. There is man's way of solving problems such as hatred, and there is the only proven way which of course is God's way. And you're never going to convince those men who are busy trying to work all this stuff out, that they're in error.

In fact understandably from the perspective of man, liberals do not see that they are in any way in opposition to God. They help the poor and they try to do good. Thus they see Christians as sort of a bunch of slightly deluded goody two-shoes. God however, does not see it that way, and considers those who do not bow before Him in recognition of the unspeakably remarkable gift of His Son's death on the cross and His daily provision for us all, to be willful outcasts. But again, you don't hear of Republicans trying to strike all reference of God from federal buildings and schools and even our money. Why? Because even though one could certainly not say that Republicans are all a bunch of saints, they do more generally tend to conform more than not, to the principles and tenets of God.

Hence the war of your reference. The left has contempt for the right because they believe they are hypocrites who won't get with the program. Conservatives believe it to be the purview of God, and it is His power which is responsible for holding together the building blocks of life, all the way down to the atomic level. And they believe that one day very soon when He withholds that power, the elements of the universe will dissolve away. I believe a nuclear blast releases that power on a very limited scale.
2 Peter 3:9-10 (KJV)
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

IMHO, men are like a bunch of kids having a food fight in an elementary school cafeteria. They didn't build the school, they didn't cook the food, but when they finally lift their eyes in recognition of the Principle walking in (and He will) they will finally realize how small they really are and be more than a little sorry.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]