Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake news
'FOX News is a right or alt-right news outlet', a false and widely stated attack premise among the left. But to be sure, FOX puts out their own share of fake news.

The FOX News parent company actually leans more to the left than they do to the right, as the programming readily demonstrates. FOX And Friends is a good show, as are Hannity and Ingraham's shows. But other than those three many people including myself, have nearly abandoned the FOX parent channel. FOX Business on the other hand, still shoots down the middle a bit better. But it is certainly not all-conservative all-the-time, as the left would have you believe.

Some of the Anchors are seemingly conservative enough, but the live reporters such as John Roberts, Trace Gallagher or Blake Burman, as well as a large ratio of the anchor's side kicks, are very decidedly liberal. So, though one might still reasonably expect to get a fairly honest entrée, washing it down with the follow-up liberal monkey puke is a no-go for me. Most of the contributors and opinion offering guests are raging libs as well. And let's at least accept this little reality as well, their presence on the shows and the content of their comments are no surprise to anybody at FOX. It's been MONTHS since Judge Napolitano has said a thing I agree with for example. But I believe these liberal contributors are brought on the shows with a very strategic plan in mind, in order to present the desired message.

At any rate how these so-called reporters present a premise, or with what nuances a report is orated on any situation, is critical to the manipulation of their viewers. For example and this drives me up the wall; When Blake Burman et-al report on the President's efforts to get Mexico to start acting more like a responsible neighbor and less like a travel agency to the US for Central America and all those neer-do-wells lurking in their midst down there, here's how they 'couch' their reports. "The President is trying to get Mexico to help the US effectuate US immigration policy."

Absolutely not true, at all. If Burman and the rest want me to believe Mexico is completely powerless to control any aspect of their border with Central America I ain't buying. Or if Burman thinks he can convince me that Mexico is powerless to stop providing free transportation for those hundreds of thousands northbound insurgents once again, I ain't buying. Mexico would not be 'helping' the US, by stemming the unfettered tide of Central Americans and whoever, travelling northward through the entire length of their sovereign nation. They'd be protecting their own sovereignty. I guarantee Mexico's immigration policy is waaay tighter than that of the USA. But to that end, Mexico have been the ones providing safe passage to the US. In fact I wouldn't exactly fall off my chair if we learned that Mexico charges for relocating these folks northward. We know for a fact Cyotes make their living in ferrying people north. It's as if they were the ones in charge of US immigration, and how many. And all we can do is whimper and take whatever they send us. It's a darn good thing Hitler didn't figure all this out or he could have just marched his army across the US Mexican border with impunity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Fox News, liberal? Fox???? Liberal????

Chew on, O Great Beef Gnawing Echo, chew on, and call it macaroni.
^^ Troll on, O great retread, Troll on, and call yourself a phony.

I stand by every word of my post. Further, if you could in any way refute one word of it you'd have tried.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Well I stand by everything, Fox is no liberal news outlet. That is for sure.
Sci-Fi Wrote:Well I stand by everything, Fox is no liberal news outlet. That is for sure.
Fox News is not a liberal organization. The network actively campaigned for Donald Trump during most of the 2016 primary campaign and President Trump was one of the least conservative candidates in the Republican field. Fox backed Trump in the 2016 campaign because their management had the good sense not to back a career criminal for president. Fox deserves credit for helping to ensure that Hillary Clinton did not get another shot at the White House silverware.
Fox should be neutral. Their bias swayed the votes of people from Hillary over to Trump. But, that won't matter. If any election is held today Trump will lose by 400+ electoral votes.
Sci-Fi Wrote:Fox should be neutral. Their bias swayed the votes of people from Hillary over to Trump. But, that won't matter. If any election is held today Trump will lose by 400+ electoral votes.

:biglmao: You really need to check the expiration date on that koolaid. :dudecomeon:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Trump's approval ratings are atrocious. And look at all the people coming out against him. More and more people are becoming outspoken. Look at all the presidential candidates being sent to challenge Trump. Look at how he lost the house and senate. Look at how numerous states he is losing seats. Look at all the people speaking out against him that never have before. People who are no longer afraid to be bold. For example, the other day I watched Taylor Swift as she has never said a word about politics in her career and now she is getting people in droves to come out against Trump.

I don't see how in the world anyone can say that Trump is not in for a landslide loss in the 2020 election. The rich in this country have taken advantage of the poor for too long and now it's going to come to an end. No longer will the poor and middle class be on the backburner. It's happened for so many years (especially these past few) but this time we are truly in for a remarkable change.
If I understand things correctly, Biden is leading to be the Democratic nominee. Trump has and will make him look terribly incompetent. That is, if Corey Booker doesn't beat him to the punch.
Granny Bear Wrote:If I understand things correctly, Biden is leading to be the Democratic nominee. Trump has and will make him look terribly incompetent. That is, if Corey Booker doesn't beat him to the punch.

Anyone running will destroy Trump. Like I said, all these people speaking out against Trump - some like Taylor Swift that don't even care about politics! They are going to take him down.
Sci-Fi Wrote:Anyone running will destroy Trump. Like I said, all these people speaking out against Trump - some like Taylor Swift that don't even care about politics! They are going to take him down.

Oh yeah. The Taylor Swift types are right up there with the likes of George Washington and Abe Lincoln. All those who think for themselves are gonna take her word as granite tablet worthy. :please:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh yeah. The Taylor Swift types are right up there with the likes of George Washington and Abe Lincoln. All those who think for themselves are gonna take her word as granite tablet worthy. :please:

The history books will certainly hail her as a hero. She was never outspoken about politics and now she is. That shows how bad this administration has been.
Different is NOT synonymous with bad. And this administration could not be anymore different from Obama's. I see it a tremendous improvement.
Sci-Fi Wrote:The history books will certainly hail her as a hero. She was never outspoken about politics and now she is. That shows how bad this administration has been.

List the bad stuff for us.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:List the bad stuff for us.

Decreased race relations
The great economy Obama left us with is in decline
Loss of rights
Losing on international relations
People losing welfare benefits that they need
Repeal of obamacare
Tax rates reduced for the rich
Increased racial tensions
^^ Remember the moment Colonel Jessup admitted he ordered the code red? I rest my case.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know what you're talking about with Colonel Jessup. You wanted to know what declined under this administration and I told you.
Sci-Fi Wrote:I don't know what you're talking about with Colonel Jessup. You wanted to know what declined under this administration and I told you.

Oh yes you do, I don't buy your act for a second.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What act? Seriously TRT, I'm unaware of all this.
He might be trying to say that you can't handle the truth.

Wink
During this same week during December of 2010 Barak Obama's approval rating stood at 47 percent. Trump's for the same week is 48%.

The Obama administration was awash in scandals, which of course were all based in fact but that the media pooh-poohed away with 100% reliability.

Unlike the Obama administration, the Trump Administration is awash in scandals too, but instead of these scandals being grounded in fact they are based solely in contempt and gossip. Which of course constitutes a hill of fake news that the media are more than ready to die on.

Obama ran over everybody and everything that wasn't an item on the liberal agenda, and the press treated him like deity for it. Trump has so far delivered on his campaign promises like no other in my lifetime and the press have falsely declared him everything from a racist to crazy, to being of ill health. (Compare that to the press' reaction to the video of Hillary Clinton passing out on her feet as she tried to walk up to her vehicle while on the campaign trail.)Trump has been accused of being a Russian asset to being a self appointed king running roughshod over the Constitution.

The difference? The way both men are being characterized by the media. Obama is a lib who in the left's adoring eyes could do no wrong and he is/was loved for it by the left. They circled the wagons for him in just the same way Dems circled the wagons around Bill Clinton during his impeachment, and ran all kinds of false narratives to deflect from the evidence. Evidence which proved to be the truth BTW. I will say that though the media were complicit back then they were nothing like the media of our day. No comparison.

Trump is a Republican who sees the need for and supports a strong military, is determined to get a handle on all this illegal immigration, and is pushing a conservative agenda and appointing constitution loving federal judges. The left and the media hate him for that and are willing to say anything to remove him from office. The press will only mention things which are either destructive or negative where Trump is concerned. But only mentioned positive things (true or not) for Obama. No more complex than that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Saw today on MSN's internet page the following Headline from Politico: Mnuchin: "Virus task force unanimously shunned Trump's quarantine idea"

Many times people might just take such misleading headlines at face value. And without investing the time to vet the premise, shake their heads, accept the charge of ineptitude being leveled and continue on their merry way. A headline which in this case more pointedly, made it seem that the President had been impetuous in suggesting a lock down of the Tri State area of NY. And that his taskforce had corrected him in rejecting the idea out of hand unanimously. One would necessarily have needed to read down a few paragraphs to get at the real truth of Mnuchin's assessment of the President's thoughts on the matter.

POLITICO EXCERPT ---
"The president “did very seriously consider” the idea of locking down the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, Mnuchin said on “Fox News Sunday.” {But Trump was dissuaded after a meeting with the task force led by Vice President Mike Pence."} ---But notice, it was the writer of the article who added the last sentence {} of this paragraph. It is not part of the Mnuchin quote.

“The president wanted to consider all the options. He has obviously concerned what was going on with New York,” said Mnuchin, who is a member of the task force. “He spoke to the task force, he spoke to the governors, and he was comfortable that people would take this advisory very seriously and would not travel.” --- So this is paragraph that accurately conveys Sec Mnuchin's thoughts on the matter.

So call me whatever but is not "considering options", part and parcel of the considered opinion making process expected of all US Presidents? What we have here is a case of Politico 'cherry picking' a sliver of truth in order to make the President seem ready to leap where angels fear to tread. Which of course is patently untrue. Fake news.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
If you want to keep up with the real news you might want to check in mornings with Maria Bartiromo. An interview with Senator Ted Cruz today for example, was particularly interesting.

The whole interview was worth the listen, but two things about it stood out. First, China has directly threatened the US with withholding much needed Antibiotics. http://shoebat.com/2020/03/05/china-thre...a-or-else/ The farming out of US manufacturing has put us under personal and strategic threat. No profit is worth the forfeiture of our sovereignty and freedom. Especially in putting the lives of Americans in the hands of those whose only interest is eventual global control.

Second, Senator Cruz went into some detail to lay out a very frightening "likelihood." China has a few 'level 4' research labs. That's where they conduct biological weaponry research. According to MR Cruz, the media's instant and unanimous insistence that the coronavirus absolutely was not developed in a lab, was startling to those who watch such things. Which leaves out Democrats BTW. But why the instantaneous wagon circling of the US Press coming to the aid of China?

Notably one of these level 4 facilities locates just outside Wuhan. The wet market theory of course is not vetted, just plausibly suspected. On the plausible other hand, it is known that the Chinese have been researching coronaviruses, and more particularly, coronaviruses originating in bats. It would not be much of a stretch to imagine CV traveling home with a worker from the lab on clothing, a cell phone, keys, under fingernails or whatever. That would explain why China absolutely would not allow WHO or you or anybody else anywhere near Wuhan to find the origination point of COVID- 19.

Hundreds of thousands of lives. Millions of destroyed lives. Trillions of dollars in losses. Small wonder why the President is now referred to as a wartime president. We are at war with COVID- 19, and one has to wonder. The Chinese knew full well the particulars of the virus when their trade delegation filed into the White House. And they knew the same was true when thousands of their citizens flew into and out of the US subsequent to the outbreak. I mean, wittingly or unwittingly the perfect storm was unleashed on China's number one global opponent. And plausible deniability is on their side. :pondering:

Bottom line--- The already waxed toxic causticisms which led to the impeachment by the US media and rabid Dems have since the pandemic threat reached our shores, only gotten more intense. The yet self absorbed US Congress didn't miss a gear. And with the arrival of the virus, they just slammed it into 4th. People are not likely to forget about all this for quite a long while, so the short memory phenom which Dems have learned to lean on is likely not applicable here. The people's ire for being lied to led to the election of DJT in the first place. And along with some measure of blame laid at China's doorstep, their ire will lead to his reelection later this year.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:If you want to keep up with the real news you might want to check in mornings with Maria Bartiromo. An interview with Senator Ted Cruz today for example, was particularly interesting.

The whole interview was worth the listen, but two things about it stood out. First, China has directly threatened the US with withholding much needed Antibiotics. http://shoebat.com/2020/03/05/china-thre...a-or-else/ The farming out of US manufacturing has put us under personal and strategic threat. No profit is worth the forfeiture of our sovereignty and freedom. Especially in putting the lives of Americans in the hands of those whose only interest is eventual global control.

Second, Senator Cruz went into some detail to lay out a very frightening "likelihood." China has a few 'level 4' research labs. That's where they conduct biological weaponry research. According to MR Cruz, the media's instant and unanimous insistence that the coronavirus absolutely was not developed in a lab, was startling to those who watch such things. Which leaves out Democrats BTW. But why the instantaneous wagon circling of the US Press coming to the aid of China?

Notably one of these level 4 facilities locates just outside Wuhan. The wet market theory of course is not vetted, just plausibly suspected. On the plausible other hand, it is known that the Chinese have been researching coronaviruses, and more particularly, coronaviruses originating in bats. It would not be much of a stretch to imagine CV traveling home with a worker from the lab on clothing, a cell phone, keys, under fingernails or whatever. That would explain why China absolutely would not allow WHO or you or anybody else anywhere near Wuhan to find the origination point of COVID- 19.

Hundreds of thousands of lives. Millions of destroyed lives. Trillions of dollars in losses. Small wonder why the President is now referred to as a wartime president. We are at war with COVID- 19, and one has to wonder. The Chinese knew full well the particulars of the virus when their trade delegation filed into the White House. And they knew the same was true when thousands of their citizens flew into and out of the US subsequent to the outbreak. I mean, wittingly or unwittingly the perfect storm was unleashed on China's number one global opponent. And plausible deniability is on their side. :pondering:

Bottom line--- The already waxed toxic causticisms which led to the impeachment by the US media and rabid Dems have since the pandemic threat reached our shores, only gotten more intense. The yet self absorbed US Congress didn't miss a gear. And with the arrival of the virus, they just slammed it into 4th. People are not likely to forget about all this for quite a long while, so the short memory phenom which Dems have learned to lean on is likely not applicable here. The people's ire for being lied to led to the election of DJT in the first place. And along with some measure of blame laid at China's doorstep, their ire will lead to his reelection later this year.

1. China is culpable for the seriousness of this contagion. I don't think they created it to start a war. That's as far as I will go there. Allowing what happens in the industry around those wet markets is just as criminal as creating the virus in a biotech lab. Then they have lied about the severity to maintain the propaganda machine.

2. Either situation makes our this administration look terrible at the job of protecting Americans.

The farming out of US manufacturing has put us under personal and strategic threat. No profit is worth the forfeiture of our sovereignty and freedom. Especially in putting the lives of Americans in the hands of those whose only interest is eventual global control.

:yikes: I agree.
Cardfan1 Wrote:1. China is culpable for the seriousness of this contagion. I don't think they created it to start a war. That's as far as I will go there. Allowing what happens in the industry around those wet markets is just as criminal as creating the virus in a biotech lab. Then they have lied about the severity to maintain the propaganda machine.

2. Either situation makes our this administration look terrible at the job of protecting Americans.

The farming out of US manufacturing has put us under personal and strategic threat. No profit is worth the forfeiture of our sovereignty and freedom. Especially in putting the lives of Americans in the hands of those whose only interest is eventual global control.

:yikes: I agree.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually read posts before you comment. The things I said were by way of repeating what Sen Ted Cruz said, and that China wittingly or unwittingly unleashed this virus upon the world.

Here are Senator Cruz' committee assignments; Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation. Committee on the Judiciary. Committee on Rules and Administration. The joint Economic Committee, and the committee on Foreign Relations. ---Now maybe MR Cruz knows more about China than do you, or maybe he doesn't. Either way though I encourage you to feel free to embarrass yourself at any time you choose, I will continue to take my cues on China and such matters from the likes of him.

The present Administration will look terrible in your mind no matter what they do. Why? Because that is the way you wish it. In fact, they've done a tremendous job at everything they've tackled to date. The reason China has it's attitude jacked up sky high these days, is because for the 8 miserable years that Obama tried to lead this nation from behind Valerie Jarrett's skirt, our enemies ran unchallenged. I've had about enough '21st Century thinking', but thanks anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Anybody else listening to the President's daily national CV briefing? Listening to the snotty nosed, biased and uninformed press is almost more revolting than the mounting CV statistics. Today they were in full attack mode because according to them, Jared Krushner supposedly contradicted the President on ventilator stores controlled by the federal government. They're all jacked up about that and making false assertions as to the President's timely response to the CV threat. I mean, the WHO didn't even believe CV could be transmitted from human to human until mid February.

In times of national threat such as this, the President may feel compelled for the people's sake to host press conferences. Just speaking for myself having the press corps in attendance is a needless circus. It's a good thing they aren't all floating in the toilet if I was anywhere near the flush lever. :flush:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
But to be fair why the hell should Jared Kushner be saying anything about anything that pertains to national issues? His only qualification is who he married. It’s not a good look for the Trump administration for him to be the spokesman for anything.
Whether or not he's talking, I have never liked Jared Krushner. I don't know if he's really really intelligent and unable to communicate properly or if he's just a dumbass.
Kushner is trying to help while you guys are sitting around bitching. If it was Chelsea Clinton I'm sure Van would be gushing about how brilliant she is.Confusednicker:
jetpilot Wrote:Kushner is trying to help while you guys are sitting around bitching. If it was Chelsea Clinton I'm sure Van would be gushing about how brilliant she is.Confusednicker:

Well that’s fair. And entirely possible. Because I loved Bill Clinton. Despised Hilary. So could go either way I guess.