Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake news
TheRealThing Wrote:There you go again. Support for abortion is shared by both sides, but ALL the Dems support it and very few Republicans support it. Saying both sides do it is a technicality, a stretch to make Dems look much better than they are.

No. Not what I meant.

We, as a nation, have elected politicians because of that one issue often ignoring their other platforms and deficiencies. Sometimes we disqualify good candidates because they are not as strong on abortion.
Cardfan1 Wrote:No. Not what I meant.

We, as a nation, have elected politicians because of that one issue often ignoring their other platforms and deficiencies. Sometimes we disqualify good candidates because they are not as strong on abortion.

If they support abortion, they automatically disqualify themselves from holding any political office in the United States. They are not an option, PERIOD!!
Cardfan1 Wrote:No. Not what I meant.

Yeah sometimes politicians hide a lot from the voter, nothing is really pat though. Take the Christian voting bloc for example. Many voters who attend Church regularly, some even claiming to be God's own servants called into the ministry, vote Democrat as regular as a Swiss watch. All Democrats campaign with hair on fire, openly do-or-die support for abortion rights. One of the hills Democrats are ready to die on in fact is open, taxpayer funded abortion. Another is gay rights. Both of those run in direct opposition to God's law and that's why I have said the day of reckoning for those folks will come. Those who claim to be God's people, who vote for candidates who commit to their last breath to things like abortion, are in line to lose something for sure, if not their soul then reward is definitely out the window. BTW, did you hear the reporter at the President's daily briefing try to bait the President with a question about getting pay checks to the partners of gay people?

But you take Thomas Massie for example. He's a West Virginia transplant who claims to be a Republican, but is supposed to be unswervingly libertarian. Sort of a Rand Paul knock-off. Which means very often he will vote in a manner which favors the Dems. But you tell Massie you're a Christian Pastor and that you want to see him and find out how long it takes to hear back from him. You won't. In fact, I know a Pastor who after years of asking finally got an appointment with him, had to travel to DC in order to make that appointment only to find out after he arrived that Massie would not see him after all. Massie votes against Israel on every opportunity as well. But Massie knew his best shot at getting into Congress was to run for the 4th District of Northern Kentucky as a Republican. And he was right.

Now that I know him I wouldn't trust Massie as far as I can throw him, but the guy is prolife. Which fact taken alone sets him above any Democrat out there in my book. And yet he is anti Israel which is a very big deal for Christians too. The ultimate pragmatist's answer? If it's him or the Democrat, hold your nose and vote for Massie. Maybe he will have his eyes opened one day. If not, God can protect his chosen people, but abortion butchers? That's a different proposition. That is an example of the pluses and minuses each voter must work out. But as I say, most just pull the lever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah sometimes politicians hide a lot from the voter, nothing is really pat though. Take the Christian voting bloc for example. Many voters who attend Church regularly, some even claiming to be God's own servants called into the ministry, vote Democrat as regular as a Swiss watch. All Democrats campaign with hair on fire, openly do-or-die support for abortion rights. One of the hills Democrats are ready to die on in fact is open, taxpayer funded abortion. Another is gay rights. Both of those run in direct opposition to God's law and that's why I have said the day of reckoning for those folks will come. Those who claim to be God's people, who vote for candidates who commit to their last breath to things like abortion, are in line to lose something for sure, if not their soul then reward is definitely out the window. BTW, did you hear the reporter at the President's daily briefing try to bait the President with a question about getting pay checks to the partners of gay people?

But you take Thomas Massie for example. He's a West Virginia transplant who claims to be a Republican, but is supposed to be unswervingly libertarian. Sort of a Rand Paul knock-off. Which means very often he will vote in a manner which favors the Dems. But you tell Massie you're a Christian Pastor and that you want to see him and find out how long it takes to hear back from him. You won't. In fact, I know a Pastor who after years of asking finally got an appointment with him, had to travel to DC in order to make that appointment only to find out after he arrived that Massie would not see him after all. Massie votes against Israel on every opportunity as well. But Massie knew his best shot at getting into Congress was to run for the 4th District of Northern Kentucky as a Republican. And he was right.

Now that I know him I wouldn't trust Massie as far as I can throw him, but the guy is prolife. Which fact taken alone sets him above any Democrat out there in my book. And yet he is anti Israel which is a very big deal for Christians too. The ultimate pragmatist's answer? If it's him or the Democrat, hold your nose and vote for Massie. Maybe he will have his eyes opened one day. If not, God can protect his chosen people, but abortion butchers? That's a different proposition. That is an example of the pluses and minuses each voter must work out. But as I say, most just pull the lever.

Fact. And he is against blowing up the debt to where our children and grandchildren will suffer greatly. This printing press spending will be the downfall of this country IMO.
TheRealThing Wrote:Yeah sometimes politicians hide a lot from the voter, nothing is really pat though. Take the Christian voting bloc for example. Many voters who attend Church regularly, some even claiming to be God's own servants called into the ministry, vote Democrat as regular as a Swiss watch. All Democrats campaign with hair on fire, openly do-or-die support for abortion rights. One of the hills Democrats are ready to die on in fact is open, taxpayer funded abortion. Another is gay rights. Both of those run in direct opposition to God's law and that's why I have said the day of reckoning for those folks will come. Those who claim to be God's people, who vote for candidates who commit to their last breath to things like abortion, are in line to lose something for sure, if not their soul then reward is definitely out the window. BTW, did you hear the reporter at the President's daily briefing try to bait the President with a question about getting pay checks to the partners of gay people?

All Democrats are not hair on fire for absolute abortion rights. That’s one hell of an overgeneralization.

I try not to listen to the president’s briefings: all you hear is BS from him and gotcha Journalism. Pence has been around Trump too long he is lying at the same rate.

Exactly what I’m saying. We select politicians who make a thousand more decisions than abortion legislation on that single issue that they may never vote on.
Cardfan1 Wrote:All Democrats are not hair on fire for absolute abortion rights. That’s one hell of an overgeneralization.

I try not to listen to the president’s briefings: all you hear is BS from him and gotcha Journalism. Pence has been around Trump too long he is lying at the same rate.

Exactly what I’m saying. We select politicians who make a thousand more decisions than abortion legislation on that single issue that they may never vote on.

Oh the heck they aren't. Chuck Schumer just got up in public and threatened the Supreme Court for even considering any idea which might in some invisible way impede abortion rights. But I've heard them all do it, and take-it-to-the-bank Cardfan will be on the wrong side of the argument.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh the heck they aren't. Chuck Schumer just got up in public and threatened the Supreme Court for even considering any idea which might in some invisible way impede abortion rights. But I've heard them all do it, and take-it-to-the-bank Cardfan will be on the wrong side of the argument.

So all democrats are Chuck Schumer?
What a ridiculous statement to support your argument?
Cardfan1 Wrote:So all democrats are Chuck Schumer?
What a ridiculous statement to support your argument?
Many are even worse.. That make you feel better?
Bob Seger Wrote:Many are even worse.. That make you feel better?

LOL, I will only waste just so much time on Cardfan. He says he likes to share opinions but DNC talking points are not opinions. Like these so-called guests you hear on news talk shows when they're asked a question, they dodge it completely and come right out with the talking points. Cardfan runs a political campaign from BGR. You're not going to see him ever lay blame for any of our societal ills on a Democrat.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Many are even worse.. That make you feel better?

You’re right and some Republicans are racist and misogynist and bigots.

Most Republicans are common sense Americans like most Democrats.
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, I will only waste just so much time on Cardfan. He says he likes to share opinions but DNC talking points are not opinions. Like these so-called guests you hear on news talk shows when they're asked a question, they dodge it completely and come right out with the talking points. Cardfan runs a political campaign from BGR. You're not going to see him ever lay blame for any of our societal ills on a Democrat.

Confusednicker:

You have a talent of massive
overgeneralization. Why is that?
Do you not talk to real people?
I see Republicans and Democrats everyday. When you break them down they worry about some of the same things.
Cardfan1 Wrote:You’re right and some Republicans are racist and misogynist and bigots.

Most Republicans are common sense Americans like most Democrats.

There is no other species on earth that uses the race, misogyny, and bigot card more than democrats. It's the if you don't give me my way or what I want, then you are all of the pre-named, party.

I have never met a common sense democrat .
Bob Seger Wrote:There is no other species on earth that uses the race, misogyny, and bigot card more than democrats. It's the if you don't give me my way or what I want, then you are all of the pre-named, party.

I have never met a common sense democrat .

You must live in a hole then.
Kentucky Democrats aren’t what Fox News tell you Democrats are.
Cardfan1 Wrote:You must live in a hole then.
Kentucky Democrats aren’t what Fox News tell you Democrats are.

Not really...

I see what you post on here, and I am thoroughly convinced that you are one of the biggest pure dumbasses that's ever posted on this site.

And you're a Kentucky democrat, right?

And get this, I didn't even have to watch a news station to find that out.
Cardfan1 Wrote:Confusednicker:

You have a talent of massive
overgeneralization. Why is that?
Do you not talk to real people?
I see Republicans and Democrats everyday. When you break them down they worry about some of the same things.

And like all liberals you Cardfan, have the ability to sidestep reality with unswerving precision. Every time you get shot down, which is everyday on here at least, you just act like it didn't happen.

Of course people worry about the same things. It's how they go about resolving those concerns that defines what they believe and who they are. Liberals think all they have to do is squall like a bunch of infants and the government will ride in and give them things. The Bill of Rights outlines the role of government in American life. If we'd stuck to those parameters things would be much better around here. But no, equal opportunity just had to get trumped by special interests. Which is a fancy way of saying those who make excuses for not stepping up to provide for themselves and their families. Or better it is a way of disguising the fact that people want what other people have-- without working for it.

So where it comes to 'massive generalizations' my projectionist friend, Republicans don't behave like Democrats as you insist. And there are light years of space between liberals and conservatives. That doesn't mean there should be hatred, but just as soon as you have something to report to us where conservatives march on a Joe Biden rally for example, threatening and spitting on his supporters, do let us know. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Bob Seger Wrote:Not really...

I see what you post on here, and I am thoroughly convinced that you are one of the biggest pure dumbasses that's ever posted on this site.

And you're a Kentucky democrat, right?

And get this, I didn't even have to watch a news station to find that out.

Confusednicker:
I don't know how many on here get Spectrum News Channel with their cable package but I for one could do without it. Every time I turn on a TV, automatically pops up channel 1 Spectrum News.

To a man/woman, Spectrum News TV personalities are dyed-in-the-wool, in the tank forever, Democrats. Speaking in unswervingly glowing terms, even adoration, about Joe Biden and Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear; they slam the US President with equal fervor on his every effort.

It would seem that like other leftist media, Spectrum does not report news. They instead prosecute a political agenda by taking any liberty they want with current events. News media have become something more akin to campaign headquarters than news agencies. Thus in order to advance the party of their political affiliation, they use the daily news cycle to interpret current events in a manner (or perhaps better, use those events as a matrix) to elevate their own political biases, while at the same time defaming their political opponents and their supporters. Liberals want all liberal governance all the time, and by only liberal politicians. Therefore the liberal media covers liberals in a way such that great care is taken to couch the mistakes and morally questionable forays of their own party in the very best light that their mind's imaginative stretches of the truth can possibly dream up.

FOX NEWS' mantra is the commitment to be 'fair and balanced.' And frankly, more libs roam those halls than do conservatives. But when leftist news channels are started up by those whose only mission is to talk down and ultimately defeat the conservative mindset, free speech just flew out the window. And with it the American way of life. Ask any Cuban about the perils of free speech under Castro.

From whole cloth comes the fictional basis of the manufactured choler for Trump supporters, the Tea Party, Republicans in general and frankly, the Christian faith. Americans are allowing themselves to be played in a fashion of which history's judgment will be very unkind. Willful ignorance was the governing delusion of the dark ages, has America returned to those days?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"The president is asking people to inject Lysol into their lungs. And Mitch is saying that states should go bankrupt. It's a clear, visible within 24 hours of how the Republicans reject science and reject governance," ---Nancy Pelosi

Of course, the President never came anywhere near to suggesting the use of Lysol in the human body.

Jessie Watters---
"You didn't believe the president was putting anybody in danger, did you?" Watters asked Birx.

"No, when [he] gets new information, he likes to talk that through out loud and really have that dialogue," Birx said. "And so that's what dialogue he was having."

Trump had reacted to Bill Bryan, the head of the science and technology directorate at the Department of Homeland Security, who presented the findings of the federal government's study on sunlight, humidity and temperature's effect on the coronavirus -- as well as various disinfectants on the virus when it is on surfaces."
https://www.foxnews.com/media/dr-deborah...nt-no-harm

So, if one can just dismiss San Fran Nan's per-usual inability to use standard English to form a sentence, much less a thought--- Because the left has no hope of legislating the social change they want so desperately, and because they've lost control of the Supreme Court to bypass the will of the people and just legislate law from the bench; Pelosi thinks she sees the opportunity to get the leftist agenda through the Congress anyway, in the form of riders on CV relief Bills. Meanwhile as to the Watter's quote above, the press are eager to prove they are still the tip of the spear in the effort to illegally oust the President. But where those same press are concerned, the above was Doctor Birx' attempt to bring a measure of lucid thought to the table.

But lung treatments mostly involve the inhaling of mists which are laced with drugs to my knowledge. There are lung injections given in the case diseases such as copd too. Therefore I don't think it's outrageous for a layman to suggest a doctor's use of 'injections,' or the inhaling of certain agents which are proven to be effective to treat CV. But then most people are not at war with the Executive Branch of the US Government either.

So for the supremely naïve rabid media, whose only introduction to real-life experience is marked by personal indulgence and the pursuit of social justice, not so much. For them the elementary school yard merely telescoped out to include world events which they think they are at liberty to reinterpret for their own purpose, as well as the content of White House Press Room briefings.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Words matter, especially when they come from a president during a crisis. President Trump should get off Twitter and stop thinking out loud while the cameras are rolling. I generally approve of Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in this country, but he really needs to try to stop saying stupid stuff in public...and by saying stupid stuff I mean verbalizing half-baked thoughts that are easily exploited by an adversarial media.

I love having a president who is not afraid to stand and answer the media's questions on a regular basis but he really needs to stick to his prepared notes more and dial back the ad libbing a few notches.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Words matter, especially when they come from a president during a crisis. President Trump should get off Twitter and stop thinking out loud while the cameras are rolling. I generally approve of Trump's handling of the COVID-19 pandemic in this country, but he really needs to try to stop saying stupid stuff in public...and by saying stupid stuff I mean verbalizing half-baked thoughts that are easily exploited by an adversarial media.

I love having a president who is not afraid to stand and answer the media's questions on a regular basis but he really needs to stick to his prepared notes more and dial back the ad libbing a few notches.

LOL, hi Hoot. I know what you're saying and knowing how the opposition is, Trump should know better than to "dialogue" on TV. It's just a shame to think the media operate with such malice. But to say people would take that 'aside' and try to inject their lungs with Lysol, is to stretch things to asinine lengths. All of which does in no way excuse the US Speaker of the House for making statements which really are dangerous.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TIME Magazine and other alt left media are supposedly all worked up over Stimulus Checks for Puerto Rico, a US Territory of roughly 3.6 million inhabitants.

Solid stats coming out of Puerto Rico is not exactly a sure thing, to make understatement. In fact it has become obvious that somebody there has fudged the numbers upward rather dramatically. Even then the reports are less than one thousand cases, and less than 80 deaths.

That doesn't keep MSDNC from sensationalizing about Puerto Rico's CV problem. Nor does it keep the good Mayor of San Juan from slamming President Trump for not getting her residents their CV payments. But US Territories by law have to submit a distribution plan to the Congress to be scrutinized and approved before the money can start to be DOLED out. The median income for Puerto Rico is $19,900 BTW. That means the 1200 dollar stimulus in proportional terms, is five times the amount for US citizens who've been slammed mercilessly.

The rabidly FAKE NEWS wastes no opportunity.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, hi Hoot. I know what you're saying and knowing how the opposition is, Trump should know better than to "dialogue" on TV. It's just a shame to think the media operate with such malice. But to say people would take that 'aside' and try to inject their lungs with Lysol, is to stretch things to asinine lengths. All of which does in no way excuse the US Speaker of the House for making statements which really are dangerous.
I agree that it would be asinine for anybody to inject or ingest Lysol based on what Trump said, but he knows or he should know that whatever he says will be twisted by the media, so why make it so easy for them? He is running against an opponent who would fail any objective IQ test miserably, yet the president seems determined to make the race competitive.

Trump has been an active participant in the destruction of our economy and if Democrats manage to substitute a ringer who can distance himself from the economic collapse for Slow Joe, then Republicans will be in for a long night in November.
Right. And yet it would be hard for me to believe that Trump would allow the US economic slide to continue much longer.

Because people's attention spans are so short, I knew at some point the endless criticisms leveled in the daily briefings would take a toll on the President's position. But it is still early and we have plenty of time for actual history to unfold, which I think will be destructive to the left's ridiculous claims. Past that it should be clear to anybody that the left would gladly trade this land's economic well being and all that that entails, for a good shot at ousting President Trump. Meanwhile the same media continues to give Cuomo a pass for all his inconsistencies to include forcing nursing home folks with CV to stay in those homes instead of say, sending them to the hospital ship for care. Which no doubt would have been much better.

But the best shot they have at that is a continuing lockdown and an invisible opponent that the media can define as they see fit. I ain't buying and I doubt many others would do so either. In the meantime too many voices are shouting in real time and in real terms the wave of detriment about to surge across the nation. And I'll throw this in and you can laugh at me if you want, but I don't trust DR Fauci as far as I can throw a school bus. He never once corrected the media's wild assertions during past briefings.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Right. And yet it would be hard for me to believe that Trump would allow the US economic slide to continue much longer.

Because people's attention spans are so short, I knew at some point the endless criticisms leveled in the daily briefings would take a toll on the President's position. But it is still early and we have plenty of time for actual history to unfold, which I think will be destructive to the left's ridiculous claims. Past that it should be clear to anybody that the left would gladly trade this land's economic well being and all that that entails, for a good shot at ousting President Trump. Meanwhile the same media continues to give Cuomo a pass for all his inconsistencies to include forcing nursing home folks with CV to stay in those homes instead of say, sending them to the hospital ship for care. Which no doubt would have been much better.

But the best shot they have at that is a continuing lockdown and an invisible opponent that the media can define as they see fit. I ain't buying and I doubt many others would do so either. In the meantime too many voices are shouting in real time and in real terms the wave of detriment about to surge across the nation. And I'll throw this in and you can laugh at me if you want, but I don't trust DR Fauci as far as I can throw a school bus. He never once corrected the media's wild assertions during past briefings.
Like it or not, Dr. Fauci is part of Trump's team. I don't think that any president can effectively distance himself from a long series of bad hires. You can laugh at me, but I really believe that the buck stops on the President's desk when he follows the bad advice of his own team. I have not been critical of President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic because I believe circumstances did not leave him any good options if he wanted to maintain any political viability.

It is hard for me to believe that any sentient being would cast a ballot for Joe Biden in November but I know that tens of millions will do just that even in a best case scenario. A party that has managed to keep Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court long past her natural expiration date should not be underestimated.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Like it or not, Dr. Fauci is part of Trump's team. I don't think that any president can effectively distance himself from a long series of bad hires. You can laugh at me, but I really believe that the buck stops on the President's desk when he follows the bad advice of his own team. I have not been critical of President Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic because I believe circumstances did not leave him any good options if he wanted to maintain any political viability.

It is hard for me to believe that any sentient being would cast a ballot for Joe Biden in November but I know that tens of millions will do just that even in a best case scenario. A party that has managed to keep Ruth Bader Ginsburg on the Supreme Court long past her natural expiration date should not be underestimated.

Not only that but, try and understand after all the effort to re-educate folks between 2010 and 2018, that they would be goofy enough to turn the House of Representatives over to the Dems again. And that, knowing that in all likelihood Pelosi would be Speaker.

He's gone now but I believe it was Trey Gowdy today on TV saying that Trump has to let the medical community make all these 'calls' as to the length of the lockdown etc. So Fauci is vested with the power of the Executive during times of infectious threat? :igiveup: Not that it excuses following bad advice, but there are outspoken Republicans aplenty out there, willing to give stern albeit wrong headed advice who're little more than followers themselves.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Okay. Time to get a grip here. As I posted in another thread, the news media are faking some, (if not many) of their stories about the pandemic. Taking into consideration all the lying going on over the last 12 years, I just don't believe a word they say in the first place. Why would I want to base my next breath on the media at this point, when they kicked off their coverage of the plague by denying it's existence? It's time to start going back to work, matter of fact it's past time.

As Laura Ingraham reported, this year's was the worst flu season for a very long time. To say that the flu has been underreported, is to make a pretty substantial understatement. Even then thousands of flu victims have died and frankly, the greater likelihood is that many of the deaths reported to have been caused by CV, were actually caused by the flu and in some cases, other causes. That's not to say the virus isn't deadly. But liberal icon Andrew Cuomo has reported that the vast majority of CV deaths in his state happened to people who were obeying the rules and staying home. Social distancing sounds good and people want to try to avoid getting sick, but seriously, can you imagine anyone being able to legitimately avoid catching a cold? It just isn't doable. I don't know about you but I manage to get at least two or three colds a year, some of them doozies.

The food supply chain is under tremendous strain, in fact everything we use at this household is hard to get your hands on. And getting health care is nearly impossible, worse, the economy is getting ready to crash for real. In the best scenario pensions and 401k's are in serious jeopardy and I will go one further. If Kentucky state pensioners and school teachers thought they were getting had under Governor Bevin, what is about to fall on their pointy little heads will make last year's prospects look like hitting the lottery. The federal government cannot, and never could have bailed out, the states' unfunded liabilities. After a certain point, the longer people are forced to stay home, the greater the pain they will have to suffer.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]