•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central's new coach?
I'm hoping for McKenzie.
Good luck whoever it is!
Has any heard that they were supposed to name someone Wednesday?
HOWBOUTDEMBOYZ Wrote:Has any heard that they were supposed to name someone Wednesday?
Maybe 3 wednesdays from now
What's the word??? Any updates??
Doing interviews with several coaches this week. More to come.
McKenzie will be perfect, already has developed good relationships with most of these boys.
I heard it had to be done before the 15th. But I don't know if that means this month or next.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen - Winston Churchill
They'd be crazy not to get McKenzie!
eaglehoops Wrote:Doing interviews with several coaches this week. More to come.

Where do you get your info?:confused:

Don't they have to post for 30 days, or hire from within the system. So, are you saying they are going to hire from within?:eek: Tell us, tell us!! Is it McKenzie or Castle?????
They have interviewed two people from within...McKenzie and Tim Adams of JCMS. They are also doing interviews with two other people from outside the county. I don't know about the legal part of things but that's what they are doing currently.
jchsrulz Wrote:Where do you get your info?:confused:

Don't they have to post for 30 days, or hire from within the system. So, are you saying they are going to hire from within?:eek: Tell us, tell us!! Is it McKenzie or Castle?????

No, it doesn't have to be posted for 30 days. Castle? Castle who?
Why would Tim Adams be interviewed for this job? Has he had any head coaching experience at the high school level or any experience at the high school level?
I think he is referring to Mike Castle who teaches at JC and used to coach back in the 80's. As far as Adams goes he has been the coach at JCMS for around 3-4 yrs and they gave him an interview.
the boat is leaving jchs if they dont hire mckenzie
Grand Slam Wrote:the boat is leaving jchs if they dont hire mckenzie
That wouldn't be the first boat to set sail from Eagle Country!!
eaglehoops Wrote:I think he is referring to Mike Castle who teaches at JC and used to coach back in the 80's. As far as Adams goes he has been the coach at JCMS for around 3-4 yrs and they gave him an interview.

According to administration as of today, no official interviews have been held. Adams is the principal at the middle school, but I don't think he's coached for a few years.Why would Castle's name be thrown in now? Personally, I think some names are just being thrown around when there's no truth to it. I guess we'll know when it's official.
They lied, they have def. interviewed McKenzie and Adams.
Tommy McKenzie- In most cases the #1 assistant coach would be the front runner, but in this situation who knows.

Tim Adams- Too deep into administration, too many responsibilities to take on coaching.

Darren Rice- No longer in mix due to being hired by Sheldon Clark.

Mike Castle- Do not think Central will go that far back into history, but again, who knows.

Bart Williams- Has it too good in Pikeville.

Phillip Wireman- I believe that he has a good shot at one or two trips to state while Emily is still playing. That is reason enough to stay with the girls program.

Matthew Perry- Regrets not taking it the first time. Has previously made comments that he knew which grade school he would send his son to so that indicates that he has considered the situation. I believe Perry would walk to JC if offered the job.

Question is, if Perry is offered the job, would McKenzie stay as an assistant?
That all sounds good, I have been told by McKenzie
himself that he would go elsewhere if he did't get the job.
Just curious, but how many total years has Mckenzie coached?? I know he played on the 2000 team so he's pretty young to be demanding a big time job, don't you think???
I hope Mckenzie gets the job and IMO its probably his if he wants it.
Cooter, Coach McKenzie will be starting his fifth year of coaching. He was the head the coach at Meade Memorial for a year. He coached at the middle with the boys and girls. With one of those years the girls winnning the BCI State tournament. He has been the main varsity and j.v. assistant the at the high school for the past two years. Coach Mckenzie handled everything from organizing tournaments, dealing with parents, scheduling, and fundraisers. Having experience is highly overated. Everyone has to start somewhere. Coach Mckenzie CAN get the job done.
THOMCAT Wrote:Tommy McKenzie- In most cases the #1 assistant coach would be the front runner, but in this situation who knows.

Tim Adams- Too deep into administration, too many responsibilities to take on coaching.

Darren Rice- No longer in mix due to being hired by Sheldon Clark.

Mike Castle- Do not think Central will go that far back into history, but again, who knows.

Bart Williams- Has it too good in Pikeville.

Phillip Wireman- I believe that he has a good shot at one or two trips to state while Emily is still playing. That is reason enough to stay with the girls program.

Matthew Perry- Regrets not taking it the first time. Has previously made comments that he knew which grade school he would send his son to so that indicates that he has considered the situation. I believe Perry would walk to JC if offered the job.

Question is, if Perry is offered the job, would McKenzie stay as an assistant?

In my opinion for the good of the JC program we need to one of two people. McKenzie since he has been affiliated with the program the past couple of years and the kids know him and are used to him. Is he qualified we will never know until he gets some experience. However if the administration feels that he is not got enough experience then we need to go after Williams. He has proven at Pikeville that he can coach and gets the most out of his players. Yes he might have it great at Pikeville now but how about in a couple of years when the talent goes down. I think Central will always have talent and compete with anyone. In my opinion Perry should be our last resort. I think we need to get someone with a little eagle pride in them. I feel either Bart or Tommy would do fine. I think both would do a fine job if given the chance.
Dream Job, Biggest school in the region looking for a coach again.. I say, T. McKenzie. Give him a chance and let him run with it.
Eagle Eye Wrote:In my opinion for the good of the JC program we need to one of two people. McKenzie since he has been affiliated with the program the past couple of years and the kids know him and are used to him. Is he qualified we will never know until he gets some experience. However if the administration feels that he is not got enough experience then we need to go after Williams. He has proven at Pikeville that he can coach and gets the most out of his players. Yes he might have it great at Pikeville now but how about in a couple of years when the talent goes down. I think Central will always have talent and compete with anyone. In my opinion Perry should be our last resort. I think we need to get someone with a little eagle pride in them. I feel either Bart or Tommy would do fine. I think both would do a fine job if given the chance.

I agree 100%!!:Thumbs:
We need someone with black and gold running through their veins. Pride goes a long way.:champ:
I personally think that both Tommy and Bart would do a good job at Central however there are still a few names being mentioned along with these two. There is no doubt TM would be very loyal at JCHS as would Bart, they both were players there and good one's at that. Bart has plenty of talent at Pikeville and they had it last year. This should be no different in what they could possibly get done and why he would leave is something I don't think has entered his mind. There is so much more to being a coach than piling up wins in a few seasons. I think of Johnny Martin at Allen Central having all of the good years and then when the several years went by before this last one, how he still endured and went forth with the same style of coaching and getting the most out of what he had. It is not possible to choose a coach that you could be assured of to represent a school in the highest manner but it is easier knowing that the one that is chosen has a past with that school and will do the right thing with representation of their home school. Tommy may be young in years but I think he can coach and that goes along with all things involved. Just my opinion.
I'm surprised JC can't attract a winning coach from another program given their recent success. Does the late timing have something to do with it, or is the job just not that attractive to people outside of Johnson Co.?
Lake Chief Wrote:I'm surprised JC can't attract a winning coach from another program given their recent success. Does the late timing have something to do with it, or is the job just not that attractive to people outside of Johnson Co.?
Who said nobody was interested? They have a ton of applicants.
Usually the names of big name coaches leak at some point. I just haven't seen it here. Everyone is kicking around the names of assistants and such.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Who said nobody was interested? They have a ton of applicants.

Who are the applicants?Confusedhh:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next